Wobenzym instructions for use
- Wobenzym instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Dosage and administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- Interaction with other drugs
- special instructions
- Wobenzym analogues
- Vacation and storage conditions
- Wobenzym price
The drug Wobenzym is a comprehensive tool, which consists of many biologically active additives of natural and animal origin. This drug has a pronounced immunostimulating and anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
Release form and composition of the drug
Wobenzym is available in the form of tablets coated with a protective orange-colored film with a pronounced specific odor. The drug is available in blisters of 20 pieces in a carton.
Each tablet contains active ingredients:
As well as a number of auxiliary components: lactose, magnesium stearate, sucrose, silica, corn starch, water.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The drug Wobenzym is indicated for oral administration. After the tablet enters the gastrointestinal tract, the active ingredients are rapidly absorbed into the common bloodstream. The drug has powerful anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, analgesic and anti-edema properties. Enzymes are the main component of the full functioning of the body, and are involved in most biological processes. Disruption of the production of enzymes in the body leads to a decrease in the resistance of the immune system to viral and bacterial infections, causing all sorts of deviations in the functioning of the internal organs.
Under the influence of the constituent components of the drug Wobenzym, the processes of macrophage activity are stimulated in relation to abnormal cells, and they prevent the development of malignant tumor cells.
Active active components of Wobenzym accelerate the resorption of hematomas and eliminate edema, normalize the permeability of the walls of blood vessels, as well as the rheological functions of blood. Under the influence of the enzyme tablets, the internal organs and tissues of the body are better supplied with oxygen and nutrients, which increases their efficiency and eliminates disorders.
While taking this drug with hormones or antibiotics, the risk of the development of side effects and disorders of the liver is reduced, which often happens during treatment with these groups. In addition to all this, the components that make up the drug have the following effects on the patient's body:
- Stimulate the production of interferon;
- Accelerate the elimination of toxins from the body;
- Normalize fat metabolism;
- Increase the concentration of antibiotics in the inflammation, but at the same time reduce the risk of side effects;
- Reduce blood cholesterol and the risk of atherosclerosis.
Indications for use
The drug Wobenzym prescribed to patients for treatment and prevention in the presence of the following conditions:
- In rheumatology and angiology: as part of complex therapy for rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatism, vasculitis, thrombophlebitis, inflammatory processes of the lymphatic vessels;
- In gynecology and obstetrics: inflammatory diseases of the uterus and appendages, frequent miscarriages against the background of beriberi and general weakness of the body, mastopathy, lactostasis, recurrent vaginal candidiasis;
- In urology: inflammatory diseases of the urinary organs - cystitis , urethritis, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, urolithiasis;
- In surgery: treatment of adhesions against the background of surgical interventions, treatment, prevention of postoperative complications (wound suppuration, attachment of a secondary bacterial infection, inflammation, thrombosis);
- In traumatology: numerous fractures, dislocations, sprains, bruises, head injuries;
- In pulmonology: chronic and acute bronchitis as a part of complex therapy, laryngitis, pneumonia, bronchopneumonia, bronchial asthma;
- In cardiology: prevention of myocardial infarction in at-risk patients, coronary heart disease, atherosclerosis, aortic aneurysm;
- In gastroenterology: acute and chronic diseases of the stomach and duodenum, colitis, pancreatitis, Crohn's disease;
- In dermatology: complex treatment of dermatitis of various etiologies, eczema, neurodermatitis, acne, carbuncles, boils;
- In neurology: multiple sclerosis, neurosis, complex treatment of vegetovascular dystonia with attacks of panic attacks.
The drug is also prescribed to patients during the course of chemotherapy or radiation therapy in order to prevent the development of severe side effects.
The Wobenzym tablets are prescribed to patients as part of a combination therapy for viral and infectious diseases with the goal of speedy recovery and reducing the risk of complications.
Under the influence of the drug significantly reduces the risk of side effects during hormonal therapy, including oral contraceptives.
The drug Wobenzym is not prescribed to patients for treatment and prevention in the presence of the following conditions:
- During hemodialysis;
- Severe kidney damage, in particular chronic renal failure in the decompensation stage;
- Children's age up to 5 years;
- Coagulation disorders (hemophilia, bleeding tendency, low platelet count in the blood);
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Dosage and administration
The therapeutic dose of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment should be discussed with the doctor, since for each patient the dose is determined individually.
According to the instructions, the Wobenzym tablets are taken half an hour before meals, 3 pieces 3 times a day. In case of severe course of the main disease, the dose can be increased to 7-10 tablets of the drug in a single dose. The duration of treatment in this case is determined by the doctor depending on the general condition of the patient.
In chronic diseases in the complex therapy, treatment with this drug can last up to 6 months.
In order to prevent the development of side effects during hormonal therapy or antibiotic treatment, Wobenzym tablets are prescribed to patients 5 times 3 times a day, that is, 15 tablets a day. After the end of the course of treatment with antibiotics or hormones, the drug Wobenzym continues to be taken for another 2 weeks, reducing the dose to 2 tablets at a time.
During chemotherapy or radiation therapy, the drug is prescribed 2-5 tablets 3 times a day, depending on the individual characteristics of the patient's body in order to prevent the development of severe side effects from oncotherapy.
In pediatric practice, the drug is prescribed to children over 5 years old in order to strengthen the body's defenses or as part of complex therapy for various infections. Children from 5 to 12 years old according to the instructions prescribed 3-5 tablets 3 times a day. Children over the age of 12 years, the daily dose of the drug is calculated as for adults.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy, Wobenzym tablets can be taken under the supervision of a physician. There is no data on the development of any abnormalities in the fetus while taking this drug, but self-treatment with Wobenzym is prohibited.
This tool is often prescribed to women as part of a combination therapy with the threat of premature birth or habitual miscarriage. The therapeutic dose of the drug and the duration of the course of therapy is determined by the doctor on a strictly individual basis.
The use of Wobenzym tablets during breastfeeding is possible under the supervision of a physician.
The drug in most cases is well tolerated by patients and only with individual hypersensitivity during therapy with Wobenzym, the following side effects develop:
- Discomfort in the abdomen;
- Impaired stool;
- Nausea, sometimes vomiting;
- Urticaria or allergic skin reactions.
No cases of an overdose of Wobenzym tablets have been registered in medicine, even with prolonged use, but in order to prevent the development of side effects, the dosage specified by the physician should not be exceeded.
Interaction with other drugs
Wobenzym tablets can be taken simultaneously with other drugs, since the enzymes in the composition enhance the therapeutic effect of the drugs and at the same time reduce the risk of side effects. It is important to understand that this drug does not replace antibiotics or other drugs for diseases, but only enhances their therapeutic effect.
Persons with severe renal impairment should take tablets only after consulting a doctor.
The drug does not adversely affect the work of the central nervous system and does not inhibit the speed of psychomotor reactions.
The following drugs are similar in their therapeutic effect to Wobenzym tablets:
Vacation and storage conditions
The drug Wobenzym dispensed in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription. Tablets should be stored away from children at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees. The shelf life of the drug is 30 months from the date of manufacture.
The average cost of the drug Wobenzym in the form of tablets in pharmacies in Moscow is 350-1900 rubles, depending on the number of tablets per package.