Visimitin eye drops instructions for use
Eye drops Visomitin belong to the pharmacological group of medicines with keratoprotective and antioxidant properties. They are used in ophthalmology for the treatment of various eye pathologies, primarily accompanied by impairments in the synthesis of tear fluid.
Form of issue and composition
Eye drops Visomitin is a clear, slightly opalescent liquid. The main active substance of the drug is plastoquinonyl decyltriphenylphosphonium bromide in an amount of 0.155 μg per 1 ml of solution. It also includes auxiliary components, which include:
- Hypromellose - 2 mg.
- Benzalkonium chloride 0.1 mg.
- Sodium chloride is 9 mg.
- Sodium hydrophosphate dodecahydrate - 1.16 mg.
- Sodium dihydrogen phosphate 0.81 mg.
- Sodium hydroxide 1M solution - to the pH of the solution is 6.3-7.3.
- Water for injection - up to 1 ml.
The solution is contained in a 5 ml vial. In a cardboard bundle there is 1 vial of a dropper and instruction on the use of the drug.
The active substance of eye drops Visomitin plastoquinonyl decyltriphenylphosphonium bromide (PDTF) is a chemical derivative of the plastoquinone compound, which is linked through the linker chain to triphenylphosphine. PDT has a number of pharmacological effects, which include:
- High antioxidant activity - active substance of eye drops Visomitin is able to bind molecules to unpaired electrons (free radicals), even with its insignificant (nanomolecular) concentration.
- Stimulation of the process of production of tears.
- Improved epithelialization of the cornea and sclera of the eye.
- Increased stability of tear film, which protects the cornea and sclera of the eye from excessive drying.
Also, according to clinical studies, the drug slows down the process of clouding the lens with age-related cataracts.
After instillation of Visomithine drops into the eye, the active substance is partially absorbed into the systemic circulation. Within 1 hour after instillation, PDT was detected in the tissues of the liver, kidneys and heart.
Indications for use
Use of eye drops Visimitin is indicated in the development of dry eye syndrome (production of insufficient amounts of tear fluid or changes in its properties) and in the early stage of development of age-related cataracts, in which there is the possibility of a significant slowdown in the progression of the pathological process with the drug.
Contraindications for use
Use of eye drops Visomitin is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active ingredient and auxiliary components of the drug. Also, the drug is not used by children under the age of 18 years.
Dosing and Administration
The drug Vizomitin is used only topically in the form of instillation of a solution into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Dosage is 1-2 drops 3 times a day. The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the physician ophthalmologist individually, depending on the severity of the symptoms and the dynamics of the pathological process in the eyes, usually it is a period of time from several months to six months. During the comprehensive treatment of age-related cataracts, a periodic examination of the ophthalmologist is performed to determine the possible surgical intervention on the lens of the eye.
Eye drops Visomitin as a whole are well tolerated. As side effects after and application, local reactions in the eye in the form of burning, rubbing, and reddening of the conjunctiva can develop. Rarely can there occur systemic allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin, its itching, urticaria (a characteristic rash and swelling, which in appearance have a similarity to a nettle burn). Cases of the development of severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema Quincke (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face or external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (progressive decrease in systemic blood pressure and multiple organ failure) were not observed. When there are manifestations of side effects, the drug should be discontinued.
Before the application of eye drops Visomitin must read the instructions to the drug. It is important to pay attention to a few special instructions, which include:
- It is not recommended to use contact lenses during the application of eye drops Visomitin.
- It is not recommended to use eye drops Vizomitin for pregnant and lactating women, since the safety of the drug is not known.
- The drug does not directly affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention. After instillation of the eyes for a short period of time, blurred vision develops, which must be taken into account by drivers or persons whose activities require sufficient visual acuity.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is dispensed by prescription. It is not recommended to use it independently or on the recommendation of third parties.
Data on overdose during local use, as well as information about accidental or deliberate taking the drug inside is not there.
Similar therapeutic effects and indications for use are possessed by such analogous preparations - Chilozar-Komod, Ophtholik, Vizin, Vidisik.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of eye drops Visomitin from the moment of their manufacture is 2 years. The printed vial can be stored for a period of no more than 1 month. The drug should not be used after the expiration date (it is indicated on the package). Eye drops should be stored in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an air temperature ranging from +2 to +8 ° C.
The average cost of eye drops Visomitin in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 480-595 rubles.