Vizomitin eye drops instructions for use
Vizomitin eye drops belong to the pharmacological group of drugs with keratoprotective and antioxidant properties. They are used in ophthalmology for the treatment of various pathologies of the eye, primarily accompanied by impaired synthesis of tear fluid.
Release form and composition
Vizomitin eye drops are a clear, slightly opalescent liquid. The main active ingredient of the drug is plastoquinonyldecyltriphenylphosphonium bromide in an amount of 0.155 μg per 1 ml of solution. It also includes auxiliary components, which include:
- Hypromellose - 2 mg.
- Benzalkonium chloride - 0.1 mg.
- Sodium chloride - 9 mg.
- Sodium hydrophosphate dodecahydrate - 1.16 mg.
- Sodium dihydrophosphate - 0.81 mg.
- Sodium hydroxide 1M solution - until the pH of the solution is 6.3-7.3.
- Water for injection - up to 1 ml.
The solution is contained in a 5 ml vial. In a carton box there is 1 bottle of dropper and instructions for use of the drug.
The active substance of eye drops Vizomitin plastoquinonyldecyltriphenylphosphonium bromide (PDTP) is a chemical derivative of the plastoquinone compound, which is linked through a linker chain to triphenylphosphine. PDTP has a number of pharmacological effects, which include:
- High antioxidant activity - the active substance of eye drops Vizomitin is able to bind molecules with unpaired electrons (free radicals), even at its insignificant (nanomolecular) concentration.
- Stimulation of the production process of tears.
- Improving epithelialization of the cornea and sclera of the eye.
- Improving the stability of the tear film, which protects the cornea and sclera of the eyes from excessive drying.
Also, according to clinical studies, the drug slows down the process of lens opacification in case of age-related cataracts.
After instillation of Vizomitin in the eyes, the active ingredient is partially absorbed into the systemic circulation. Within 1 hour after instillation, PDTP was detected in the tissues of the liver, kidneys and heart.
Indications for use
The use of eye drops Vizomitin is shown in the development of dry eye syndrome (production of an insufficient amount of tear fluid or a change in its properties) and at an early stage of development of age-related cataracts, in which there is a possibility of a significant slowdown in the progression of the pathological process with the help of the drug.
The use of eye drops Vizomitin contraindicated in the case of individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active substance and auxiliary components of the drug. Also, the drug does not apply to children under the age of 18 years.
Dosage and administration
The drug Vizomitin is applied only locally in the form of instillation of the solution in the conjunctival sac of the eye. The dosage is 1-2 drops 3 times a day. The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the ophthalmologist individually, depending on the severity of the symptoms and the dynamics of the pathological process in the eyes, usually it takes a period of time from several months to six months. During the complex treatment of age-related cataracts, a periodic examination of an ophthalmologist is carried out in order to prescribe a possible surgical intervention on the lens of the eye.
Vizomitin eye drops are generally well tolerated. As side effects, after and application, local reactions may develop in the eye in the form of burning, cramps, conjunctival redness. Rarely, systemic allergic reactions may appear in the form of a skin rash, itching, urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling, which in appearance resemble a nettle burn). Cases of severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema angioedema (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face or external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (progressive reduction in systemic arterial pressure and multiple organ failure) were not observed. At occurrence of manifestations of side effects, the use of the drug should be stopped.
Before you start using Vizomitin eye drops, you should read the instructions for the drug. It is important to pay attention to a few special instructions, which include:
- The use of contact lenses during the use of Vizomitin eye drops is not recommended.
- The use of Vizomitin eye drops is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women, since the safety of the drug is not known.
- The drug does not directly affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration. After instillation of the eye for a short period of time, blurred vision develops, which must be taken into account by drivers or persons whose activities require sufficient visual acuity.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is available on prescription. It is not recommended to use it alone or on the recommendation of a third party.
Data on overdose at local use, as well as information about accidental or deliberate ingestion of the drug is not inside.
Similar therapeutic effects and indications for use have such drugs analogues - Khilozar-Komod, Oftolik, Vizin, Vidisik.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Vizomitin eye drops from the time of their manufacture is 2 years. The printed bottle can be stored for a period of not more than 1 month. The drug can not be used after the expiration of its shelf life (indicated on the package). Eye drops must be stored in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an air temperature ranging from +2 to + 8 ° C.
The average cost of Vizomitin eye drops in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 480-595 rubles.