Vision Eye Drops Instructions for Use
The drug Vizin is a vasoconstrictor drug used in ophthalmology. Due to the vasoconstrictive effect the drug helps to reduce the severity of edema in various inflammatory and allergic diseases of the eyes.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Vizin is available in the form of a solution for instillation of the eyes. The main active substance is tetrizolin, its concentration is 0.05% solution. Also the composition of the preparation includes auxiliary components, which include:
- Sodium chloride.
- Benzoalkonium chloride.
- Boric acid.
- Sodium tetraborate.
- Disodium edetate.
- Water for injections.
Solution Vizin contained in a bottle of 15 ml. In a cardboard pack contains 1 bottle with a solution and instruction on the use of the drug.
The main active substance of the drug Vizin tetrisolin has a stimulating effect on alpha-adrenergic receptors, as a result of which the arterial and venous vessels narrow down in the area of its application. Tetrisolin does not affect beta-adrenoreceptors. Due to the vasoconstrictive action of the drug, the edema of the tissues, the release of blood plasma into the intercellular substance in the localization of the inflammatory or allergic process decreases.
With local application of the drug Vizin, its active substance is not absorbed into the systemic bloodstream. The duration of the therapeutic effect on average is 4 hours.
Indications for use
Drops for the eyes Vizin are shown for various pathologies of sclera or conjunctiva, accompanied by their inflammation, hyperemia and edema, they include:
- Irritation of sclera and eye conjunctiva due to exposure to dust, smoke, aerosols of aggressive chemical compounds.
- Allergic inflammation of the conjunctiva and sclera, which develops under the influence of pollen of plants, house dust.
- In the complex therapy of the infectious inflammatory process of the eye mucosa.
The use of the drug helps to reduce the inflammatory reaction, burning sensation, "sand in the eyes" and swelling of the tissues.
Contraindications for use
The use of eye drops Vizin is contraindicated in such pathological and physiological states of the body:
- Individual intolerance, hypersensitivity to tetrisolin or excipients of the drug.
- Glaucoma is a pathology in which an increase in intraocular pressure develops.
- Children up to 2 years old.
Before using the drug, you need to make sure there are no contraindications.
Dosing and Administration
Eye drops Vizin are applied by digging them into the conjunctival sac of the eye. During the instillation procedure, care must be taken to ensure that the tip of the dropper does not touch the surface of the sclera or conjunctiva. The average dosage for adults and children aged 6 years is 1-2 drops in one eye 2-3 times a day, at the same intervals. The drug should be used only with minor inflammation and eye irritation. In the absence of a therapeutic effect within 72 hours, the instillation should be discontinued and seek medical advice from an ophthalmologist.
In general, the drug is well tolerated. With prolonged and frequent application, it is possible to develop local negative reactions in the form of burning, redness of the conjunctiva and sclera, blurred vision. In rare cases, the development of mydriasis (dilated pupils) is possible. Cases of allergic reactions after application of eye drops Vizin are not described.
Before you start using eye drops Vizin should carefully read the instructions for use of the drug. There are several special instructions that you should pay attention to, they include:
- Persons with concomitant pathology of the cardiovascular system (hypertensive disease, coronary heart disease, severe cerebral atherosclerosis), diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism (increased functional activity of the thyroid gland), pheochromocytoma (benign hormone producing adrenal medulla with an increase in adrenaline in the body), The drug can be prescribed only by a doctor, after assessing the expected benefit and the potential risk of its use.
- Pregnant and lactating women, the drug can be used only as prescribed by the doctor, after analyzing the benefits to the mother and the potential risk to the fetus or infant.
- The joint use of drugs with drugs MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase) can lead to an increase in the level of systemic blood pressure.
- If contact lenses are used, they must be removed before instillation of the drug.
- It is advisable not to allow contact of the solution of eye drops with contact lenses made of soft materials, as this may shorten the period of their use.
- The drug has no direct effect on the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate. Within a few minutes after instillation of eye drops Vizin, the appearance of fog in front of the eyes and blurry vision may occur. This should be taken into account by drivers or persons whose activities are associated with the need for sufficient visual acuity.
In the pharmacy chain, eye drops Vizin are dispensed without a prescription. If you have any doubts or questions regarding their use, you should consult your doctor.
Cases of significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose or mistaken intake of the drug inside are not described.
According to the therapeutic effect and the active substance, analogues of eye drops Vizin are Ophthal, Visalin, Nafkon-A.
Shelf life and storage
The shelf life of eye drops Vizin is a year from the time of their manufacture. After unpacking the vial, the drug can be stored for 1 month. Keep eye drops Vizin must be in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an ambient temperature of not more than + 30 ° C.
The average cost of eye drops Vizin in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 217-246 rubles.