Byzantine instructions for use
Tablets Byzanne belong to progestagen and antiandrogenic drugs. This drug is used to treat endometriosis in women in gynecological practice.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Byzanne is available in the form of tablets for oral administration, they have a white or light yellow color and a round shape. The main active substance of the drug is dienogest, which is contained in an amount of 2 mg per 1 tablet. Also included in the tablet are ancillary components, which include:
- Lactose monohydrate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Potato starch.
- Povidone K25.
- Magnesium stearate.
Tablets are packaged in a blister in an amount of 28 pieces. A cardboard pack contains one blister and instruction on the use of the drug.
The main active substance of the tablets is Bisanne dienogest is a chemical derivative of nortestosterone. It is able to bind to the progesterone receptors of the uterus, although it has a small affinity for the progesterone molecule directly (the affinity of the dienogest and progesterone molecules is about 10%). Due to this binding dienogest has a powerful progestogen effect, which manifests itself in several therapeutic effects:
- Suppression of trophic effects of estrogen against foci of endometriosis (uncommon localization of endometrial cells outside the inner layer of the uterus).
- Decreased production of estrogen in the ovaries and its concentration in the blood.
- Atrophy of endometriotic foci is a decrease in their size and cell mass.
Tablets Byzanne do not affect the concentration of other body hormones, in particular sex hormones of the adrenal cortex, glucocorticoids and aldosterone. Due to such effects, the progestogen and antiandrogenic effect of the drug is realized.
After taking the Beezanne tablet inside, the main active substance is absorbed into the blood without residue, where it reaches its maximum concentration after 1.5 hours after administration. Dienogest is distributed in all tissues of the body, it is metabolized predominantly in the liver, and the decay products are excreted by the kidneys with urine. The half-life (the time taken to excrete half of the entire dose of the drug taken from the body) is on the average 9-10 hours.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of Bezanne tablets is endometriosis, a pathology of the female's reproductive system, in which ectopia (untypical localization) of the inner layer of the uterine wall (endometrium) develops.
Contraindications for use
Taking Bezanne tablets is contraindicated in the case of several pathological and physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or auxiliary components of the drug.
- Thrombophlebitis is a pathology of venous vessels accompanied by the formation of thrombi in their lumen and leading to a high risk of thromboembolism (thrombus migration in the vascular bed), the presence of thromboembolism at the time of the use of the Byzantine tablets.
- Atherosclerotic vascular lesions - the deposition of cholesterol in the walls of the arteries with the formation of an atherosclerotic plaque. The drug is contraindicated in any form of atherosclerosis - ischemic heart disease (with angina or without it), myocardial infarction, cerebral atherosclerosis, cerebral stroke, renal vessel damage.
- Diabetes mellitus in the stage of subcompensation and decompensation in the presence of various vascular complications, including retinal angiopathy and the development of the diabetic foot.
- The pathology of the liver, which is accompanied by a decrease in its functional activity (viral, toxic hepatitis, cirrhosis , oncological process at the time of treatment or you are past).
- Vaginal bleeding of unexplained origin.
- Dysfunctions of the functional activity of the digestive system, accompanied by intolerance to galactose, including malabsorption syndrome and congenital insufficiency of certain digestive enzymes.
- Stagnation of bile in the gallbladder or bile duct (cholestasis) with the development of cholestatic jaundice.
- Children under 18 years.
Before using Bezanne tablets, you should make sure that there are no contraindications.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets Byzanne taken internally entirely regardless of food intake, they are washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. It takes 1 tablet a day, preferably at the same time. Scheme of treatment of endometriosis with the help of tablets Byzanne means the daily taking of the drug, regardless of the day of the menstrual cycle. Begin the course of treatment also regardless of the cycle. The duration of the course of therapy is usually 6 months. If you miss an appointment, the next pill should be taken as soon as possible. Then the reception proceeds according to the same scheme and at the same time as before the pass. In the event that within 15-20 minutes after taking the drug there was vomiting, then the pill should be taken again.
Taking Bezanne tablets can lead to the development of side effects from various organs and systems, they include:
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain (including the lower abdomen), a feeling of abdominal distension, flatulence (increased formation of gases in the lumen of the intestine), unstable stool (constipation and diarrhea).
- Nervous system - the emergence of a sense of anxiety, a tendency to reduce mood and depression, periodic sleeplessness at night and drowsiness during the day, headache (until the development of migraine), emotional instability with attacks of irritability, imbalance of peripheral nerves, decreased libido (sexual attraction to the opposite sex).
- The sense organs - a feeling of dryness in the eyes, noise or ringing in the ears.
- Metabolism and hormonal balance - increase in body weight, hirsutism (increased hairiness) or alopecia (hair loss).
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue - the development of acne (acne), hyperhidrosis (increased sweating), dermatitis (skin inflammation), increased photosensitivity of the skin, a violation of its pigmentation (the concentration of melanin that gives color to the skin), the appearance of dandruff.
- Respiratory system - the appearance of dyspnea.
- Cardiovascular system - the development of arrhythmia (violation of the rhythm or heart rate), a decrease in the level of systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypotension).
- Musculoskeletal system - pains in the bones, back, upper and lower extremities, spasms of the striated musculature.
- The urinary system is a variety of infectious inflammatory processes in the kidneys, ureters, or bladder.
- Sexual system and mammary glands - discomfort in the mammary glands (enlargement in size, severity, feeling of bursting, periodic pain, fibrous or cystic mastopathy), ovarian cyst , candidiasis, vaginal dryness, uterine or vaginal bleeding of varying intensity, amenorrhea (absence of menstruation) , Pain in the pelvis.
The appearance of symptoms of adverse reactions of the body to the drug is a reason for its withdrawal.
Before starting taking Bezanne tablets, you should carefully read the instructions. There are several specific indications regarding the use of the drug, which include:
- Before starting the use of the drug for the treatment of endometriosis, pregnancy should be excluded, since in the case of its presence therapy of this pathology is not carried out.
- During the taking of tablets, oral contraceptive methods can not be used in parallel using hormonal drugs.
- With caution tablets Byzanne used in women with a tendency to depression, ectopic pregnancy in the past, violations of lipid (fat) metabolism, the presence of thromboembolic processes in the past, including thrombophlebitis. The drug in these cases is assigned only after a careful analysis of the risk / benefit ratio of its use.
- The drug can interact with various drugs, so in case of their parallel reception, it is necessary to warn the doctor about this.
- The use of Bezanne tablets for lactating women is not recommended, since the active substance penetrates into breast milk, which can affect the status of the infant.
- The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In pharmacies, Vizin tablets are dispensed by prescription. It is not recommended to take the medication alone or use it on the advice of third parties.
If the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug is exceeded, the symptoms of side effects usually develop. For the treatment of overdosage, gastric, intestinal and symptomatic washing is performed.
Similar to the active substance and therapeutic effect is the preparation Dienogest.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the time it was manufactured. Bezanne tablets should be stored in a dark place inaccessible to children at an air temperature of not more than + 30 ° C.
The average cost of tablets in the pharmacies in Moscow is 2900-3100 rubles.