Vinpotropil instruction for use
- Vinpotropil instruction for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Contraindications for use
- Dosing and Administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Side effects
- An overdose of the drug
- special instructions
- Vinpotropil analogues
- Leave and storage conditions
- Vinpotropil price
Vinpotropil is a combined complex that has a beneficial effect on blood circulation in the brain, improves memory and performance.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
Vinpotropil is available in several dosage forms: capsules for oral use, tablets and solution for infusion.
Concentrated liquid for the preparation of a solution for infusions is a colorless transparent liquid that does not have an odor. The main active ingredients of the concentrate are piracetam 80 mg and vinpocetine 1 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components - ascorbic and succinic acids, water for injection.
Tablets for oral administration are covered with a film coat with a brownish tinge. The main active ingredients are piracetam 800 mg and vinpocetine 10 mg, the tablet also includes auxiliary components.
Capsules of yellow-red color, inside of which the powder is white. Each capsule contains a piracetam 400 mg and vinpocetine 5 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The drug Vinpotropil has a nootropic effect on the body - improves memory and concentration of attention, favorably affects the circulatory processes in the brain, and serves as a preventive measure of ischemic disorders in the brain tissue.
Vinpocetine, which is part of the drug, improves metabolic processes in the brain, provides a greater supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain membranes. Under the influence of this component, the production of serotonin and norepinephrine increases, and an antioxidant effect on the body is observed.
Regular intake reduces the aggregation of platelets, reduces the viscosity of the blood, which is an excellent prophylaxis for the development of ischemic stroke in patients at risk. Vinpocetin stimulates erythrocytes to more oxygen release to organs and tissues, in particular to brain tissues. The substance penetrates well through the placental barrier.
Piratsetam, which is part of the drug, improves the concentration of attention in patients, increases brain efficiency, facilitates the process of learning and memorizing new information. Under the influence of this component, microcirculation improves in the vessels of the brain, which is especially important in patients with existing disorders, for example, hypoxia of the brain, intoxications of the organism, after electro-injury. Pyracetam has no sedative effect, and its therapeutic effect develops gradually during the course of therapy.
This drug is particularly effective in patients of senile age for the treatment of cerebrovascular disorders.
Indications for use of the drug
Indications for the appointment of Vinpotropil in all its medicinal forms are as follows:
- The period of rehabilitation after a previous ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke in order to improve cerebral circulation;
- Parkinson's disease;
- Severe intoxication of the body, accompanied by severe dehydration;
- Asthenia and adynamia of the patient;
- Encephalopathy of various origins, including disorders of brain function against the background of alcohol abuse;
- Postponed craniocerebral trauma;
- Diseases of the central nervous system, which are accompanied by a violation of the patient's efficiency, thinking and memory;
- For the prevention of migraine attacks;
- Treatment of vertigo due to vegetovascular dystonia as part of complex therapy;
- Insufficiency of cerebral circulation against the background of atherosclerosis or hypertensive disease.
Contraindications for use
The drug Vinpotropil in any of its dosage forms can not be administered to patients with the following conditions:
- Individual intolerance of the constituent components of the drug;
- Heart rhythm disturbances;
- Ischemic heart disease, accompanied by severe impairment of the cardiac muscle;
- Acute hemorrhagic stroke;
- Severe liver or kidney damage;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Age to 18 years;
- Lactose intolerance.
This drug is used with particular caution to treat patients with hemostasis, massive bleeding, viral hepatitis, epilepsy. The drug is also prescribed with caution to patients with chronic alcoholism.
Dosing and Administration
Concentrate for the preparation of infusion solution according to the instructions for intravenous administration of drip 50-100 ml. The solution is prepared in this way: 2 ampoules of the drug are dissolved in 500 ml of physiological sodium chloride solution. The drug is administered once a day at an infusion rate of not more than 80 drops per minute. The course of treatment Vinpotropil is determined by the doctor depending on the severity of the clinical symptoms, but according to the instructions it should not exceed 1-2 weeks. After 1.5-2 months, the course can be repeated.
Once acute clinical symptoms disappear, and the patient's condition improves, the patient is transferred to therapy with Vinpotropil tablets or capsules.
The tablets of the drug are intended for oral administration, they can be consumed regardless of food, without chewing, washing down with the necessary amount of liquid. According to the instructions, the drug is taken 2-3 times a day for 1 tablet for 2-3 weeks. In some cases, the course of treatment can be extended to 6 months.
Capsules must be taken strictly before meals 1-2 times 2-3 times a day. After improving the general condition of the patient, you can switch to a maintenance dose, which is 1 capsule 1 time per day.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
In view of the lack of information regarding the safety of the active substances of Vinpotropil on the fetus and the course of pregnancy, this medication is not prescribed for future mothers.
Use of the drug during the period of breastfeeding is prohibited. If a woman needs therapy, it is necessary to stop lactation and transfer the baby to a milk formula.
On the background of therapy with Vinpotropil in any of the dosage forms, the patient may experience the following side effects:
- From the heart and blood vessels - increased heart rate, progression of angina pectoris, variability of blood pressure indicators, extrasystole, a feeling of heat in the face;
- From the nervous system - nervous overexcitation, headaches, insomnia or drowsiness, dizziness, tremor of the extremities, a feeling of anxiety, fear, ataxia, decreased concentration, increased irritability;
- On the part of the organs of the digestive canal - pain in the stomach, nausea, excessive salivation, vomiting, dry mouth, heartburn, stools;
- Allergic reactions of the skin - development of dermatitis, urticaria , rash and reddening of the skin.
Against the background of drug treatment, patients can complain of weakness and increased sweating. During intravenous administration of the drug, pain along the vein, thrombophlebitis may occur.
An overdose of the drug
If there is a significant excess of the recommended dose or prolonged uncontrolled use of the drug, the patient may experience symptoms of an overdose, which consist in intensifying the above-described side effects. Treatment of an overdose consists of washing the stomach, taking sorbents and symptomatic therapy if necessary.
Interaction with other drugs
With the simultaneous use of the drug Vinpotropil in any of its dosage form with heparin or anticoagulants, the risk of bleeding increases.
With the simultaneous use of the drug with antihypertensive medications, the patient can significantly reduce blood pressure, which should be taken into account when prescribing therapy.
The active substances of the drug Vinpotropil can weaken the therapeutic effect of drugs against seizures, which is important to consider patients who are forced to take these drugs.
On the background of drug treatment in any of its dosage form, patients need to constantly monitor the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Since Piratsetam, which is part of the drug, can affect platelet aggregation, Vinpotropyl should be administered with special care to patients with existing hemostasis disorders, as well as to persons who are preparing for routine operations.
Against the background of treatment with this drug should avoid driving by car or the management of complex mechanisms, since the drug can affect the speed of psychomotor reactions in the patient.
Analogues of the drug Vinpotropil, which have a similar therapeutic effect on the patient's body, are the following:
- Ginkgo biloba;
Leave and storage conditions
Vinpotropil is dispensed in pharmacies according to a doctor's prescription. Keep the medicine in a place protected from children at a temperature of no more than 25 degrees. Shelf life of the drug is from 2 to 4 years, depending on the dosage form.
The average cost of Vinpotropil in pharmacies in Moscow is 145-250 rubles, depending on the dosage form.