Vinpotropil instructions for use
- Vinpotropil instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Dosage and administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- special instructions
- Vinpotropil analogues
- Vacation and storage conditions
- Vinpotropil price
Vinpotropil preparation is a combined complex agent that has a beneficial effect on blood circulation in the brain, improves memory and performance.
Release form and composition of the drug
Vinpotropil is available in several dosage forms: capsules for oral use, tablets and solution for infusion.
The concentrated liquid for preparing the solution for infusion is a colorless, transparent, odorless liquid. The main active ingredients of the concentrate are piracetam 80 mg and vinpocetine 1 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components - ascorbic and succinic acid, water for injection.
Tablets for oral administration film-coated with a brownish tinge. The main active ingredients are piracetam 800 mg and vinpocetine 10 mg, the composition of the tablet also includes auxiliary components.
Capsules of yellow-red color, inside of which is white powder. Each capsule contains piracetam 400 mg and vinpocetine 5 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The drug Vinpotropil has a nootropic effect on the body - improves memory and concentration of attention, has a beneficial effect on blood circulation processes in the brain, serves as a prevention of ischemic disorders in the brain tissue.
Part of the drug Vinpocetin improves metabolic processes in the brain, provides a greater supply of oxygen and glucose to the meninges. Under the influence of this component increases the production of serotonin and noradrenaline, there is an antioxidant effect on the body.
Regular intake of the drug reduces platelet aggregation, reduces blood viscosity, which is an excellent prevention of the development of ischemic stroke in patients at risk. Vinpocetine stimulates red blood cells to more oxygen to organs and tissues, in particular to the brain tissues. The substance penetrates well through the placental barrier.
Part of the drug Piracetam improves concentration of attention in patients, increases the efficiency of the brain, facilitates the process of learning and memorizing new information. Under the influence of this component, microcirculation in the brain vessels is improved, which is especially important in patients with existing disorders, for example, brain hypoxia, intoxication of the body, after suffering an injury. Piracetam does not have a sedative effect, and its therapeutic effect develops gradually during the course of therapy.
This drug is particularly effective in elderly patients for the treatment of cerebrovascular disorders.
Indications for use of the drug
The indications for prescribing Vinpotropil in all its dosage forms are as follows:
- The period of rehabilitation after suffering ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke in order to improve cerebral circulation;
- Parkinson's disease;
- Severe intoxication of the body, accompanied by severe dehydration;
- Asthenia and patient adynamia;
- Encephalopathies of various origins, including disorders of the brain against the background of alcohol abuse;
- Transferred traumatic brain injury;
- Diseases of the central nervous system, which are accompanied by impaired health, thinking and memory of the patient;
- In order to prevent migraine attacks;
- Treatment of dizziness caused by vascular dystonia in the complex therapy;
- Insufficiency of cerebral circulation on the background of atherosclerosis or hypertension.
The drug Vinpotropil in any of its dosage forms should not be prescribed to patients in the following conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Heart rhythm disorders;
- Ischemic heart disease, accompanied by severe impairment of the heart muscle;
- Acute hemorrhagic stroke;
- Severe damage to the liver or kidneys;
- Period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Age up to 18 years;
- Lactose intolerance.
This drug is especially prescribed for the treatment of patients with impaired hemostasis, massive bleeding, viral hepatitis, epilepsy. The drug is also prescribed with caution to patients with chronic alcoholism.
Dosage and administration
Concentrate for the preparation of an infusion solution according to the instructions prescribed for intravenous drip 50-100 ml. The solution is prepared in this way: 2 ampoules of the drug are dissolved in 500 ml of physiological sodium chloride solution. The drug is administered 1 time per day at a rate of infusion of not more than 80 drops per minute. The course of treatment with Vinpotropilom is determined by the doctor depending on the severity of the clinical symptoms, but according to the instructions, it should not exceed 1-2 weeks. After 1.5-2 months, the course can be repeated.
As soon as the acute clinical symptoms disappear and the patient's condition improves, the patient is transferred to therapy with Vinpotropil tablets or capsules.
Tablets of the drug are intended for ingestion, they can be drunk regardless of the food, without chewing, with a necessary amount of liquid. According to the instructions, the drug is taken 2-3 times a day, 1 tablet for 2-3 weeks. In some cases, treatment can be extended to 6 months.
Capsules must be taken strictly before meals 1-2 pieces 2-3 times a day. After improving the general condition of the patient, you can switch to a maintenance dose, which is 1 capsule 1 time per day.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
In view of the lack of information regarding the safety of the active ingredients of Vinpotropil on the fetus and during pregnancy, this drug is not prescribed to future mothers.
The use of the drug during breastfeeding is prohibited. If necessary, therapy, the woman must stop lactation and transfer the child to the milk mixture.
During therapy with Vinpotropil in any of the dosage forms, the patient may experience the following side effects:
- From the side of the heart and blood vessels - increased heart rate, progression of angina, variability in blood pressure, extrasystole, feeling of heat in the face;
- On the part of the nervous system - nervous overexcitement, headaches, insomnia or drowsiness, dizziness, tremor of the extremities, feeling of anxiety, fear, ataxia, decreased concentration, irritability;
- On the part of the digestive canal - pain in the stomach, nausea, increased salivation, vomiting, dry mouth, heartburn, impaired stool;
- Allergic skin reactions - development of dermatitis, urticaria , rashes and skin redness.
On the background of drug treatment, patients may complain of weakness and sweating. During intravenous administration of the drug may occur pain along the vein, thrombophlebitis .
With a significant excess of the recommended dose or prolonged uncontrolled use of the drug in a patient, symptoms of overdose may occur, which will consist in strengthening the above-described side effects. Treatment of overdose is gastric lavage, taking sorbents and symptomatic therapy, if necessary.
Interaction with other drugs
With the simultaneous use of the drug Vinpotropil in any of its dosage form with heparin or anticoagulants increases the risk of bleeding.
With the simultaneous use of the drug with antihypertensive drugs in a patient, blood pressure indicators may significantly decrease, which should be considered when prescribing therapy.
The active ingredients of the drug Vinpotropil can weaken the therapeutic effect of drugs against convulsions, which is important to take into account for patients who are forced to take these drugs.
Against the background of drug treatment in any of its dosage forms, patients must constantly monitor the work of the cardiovascular system.
As part of the drug Piracetam may affect platelet aggregation, Vinpotropil should be given with particular caution to patients with existing hemostasis disorders, as well as to persons who are preparing for planned operations.
Against the background of treatment with this drug, you should avoid driving vehicles or managing complex mechanisms, since the drug can affect the speed of psychomotor reactions in a patient.
Analogues of the drug Vinpotropil, which have a similar therapeutic effect on the patient's body, are the following means:
- Ginkgo biloba;
Vacation and storage conditions
The drug Vinpotropil released in pharmacies by prescription. Store the medicine should be protected from children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. Shelf life of the drug ranges from 2 to 4 years, depending on the dosage form.
The average cost of the drug Vinpotropil in pharmacies in Moscow is 145-250 rubles, depending on the dosage form.