Vinpocetine: instructions for use
- Vinpocetine: instructions for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects
- An overdose of the drug
- Interaction with other drugs
- special instructions
- Vinpocetine analogues
- Leave and storage conditions
- Vinpocetine price
The drug Vinpocetine is a drug from the group of psychoanaleptics, the therapeutic effect of which is aimed at improving blood circulation in the brain, increasing efficiency and concentration.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vinpocetine is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. Each tablet contains an active ingredient - vinpocetine 5 mg and a number of auxiliary components: potato starch, lactose, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, talc. Tablets are packed in 10 pieces in contour cell blisters for 1-5 in a cardboard bundle.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
The drug Vinpocetin is taken internally. The active substance of the drug is rapidly absorbed through the mucous membranes of the digestive canal into the common bloodstream. The maximum concentration of the drug in the blood plasma is observed 1-5 hours after taking the tablet inside.
The active active substance of the tablets has a beneficial effect on the work of the central nervous system: the cerebral circulation improves, the areas of ischemia feed well, the work capacity and concentration of attention are increased. Against the background of treatment with this drug, patients noted improvement in overall well-being, better assimilation of new information, reduction in the frequency of migraine attacks and headaches.
Under the influence of Vinpocetin, aggregation of platelets decreases and the rheological properties of the blood are improved. Active active substance stimulates the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain tissues, serves as the prevention of ischemia and has a pronounced antioxidant effect.
Indications for use
This drug is prescribed to patients in the presence of the following conditions:
- Decreased memory and concentration on the background of fatigue or constant stress;
- Treatment of the consequences of an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke;
- As part of complex therapy for attacks of angina and migraine;
- Treatment of acute and chronic cerebral circulatory insufficiency;
- Encephalopathy of various origins, including deviations in the work of the brain against the background of alcohol intoxication;
- The transferred craniocerebral trauma as a part of complex therapy;
- Significant fluid loss due to which a change in the water-salt balance is observed;
- Vascular disorders in the eye, atrophy of the optic nerve;
- Violations of the labyrinth of the ear, accompanied by a decrease in severity of hearing;
- Ménière's disease;
- Complex treatment of neurocirculatory dysfunction with attacks of panic attacks.
Contraindications for use
This drug is contraindicated for use if the patient has one of the following conditions:
- Lactase insufficiency;
- Individual intolerance of the active ingredients of the drug;
- Acute myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock;
- Pregnancy and lactation period;
- Heavy lesions of the liver and kidneys in the stage of decompensation.
Method of administration and dosage
Dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of therapy Vinpocetine prescribed by the doctor depending on the severity of clinical symptoms of the disease, the characteristics of the patient's body, tolerability, the presence of complications and other factors. According to the instructions of the tablet Vinpocetin must be taken inside regardless of food, without chewing, squeezed with enough liquid. The initial dose of the drug is 5 mg (1 tablet) 3 times a day. If necessary, you can increase up to 2 tablets 5 mg 3 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy is at least 10-14 days, if necessary, the patient can take the drug longer under the strict supervision of a doctor.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
The drug Vinpocetine is contraindicated for use in women during the period of gestation, due to the lack of confirmed information on the safety of the active substance of the tablets on the fetus. In the presence of the above indications, the expectant mother should consult a doctor with the purpose of selecting an alternative medicine that will not be dangerous for the fetus. One such means is glycine.
The use of Vinpocetine during breastfeeding is contraindicated for women. If a course of therapy with this drug is necessary, lactation is discontinued or an alternative drug is selected that is approved for use with breastfeeding.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated in patients with proper application, but with individual hypersensitivity, the following side effects may develop:
- From the side of the digestive tract - pain in the epigastric region, nausea, stool, salivation, vomiting;
- From the nervous system - overexcitation, sleep disturbance, dizziness;
- From the heart and blood vessels - tachycardia , a slight decrease in blood pressure, extrasystole, violation of the heart rhythm in rare cases;
- Allergic reactions - the development of dermatitis, rash on the skin, hyperemia, local body temperature increase.
An overdose of the drug
In case of an overdose of Vinpocetine, the patient experiences an increase in the severity of the aforementioned side effects, a decrease in blood pressure, the development of general weakness and malaise. Treatment of drug overdose with tablets consists in taking activated charcoal or other enterosorbents, rinsing the stomach, symptomatic therapy if necessary.
Interaction with other drugs
With the simultaneous use of Vinpocetin tablets with heparin or anticoagulants, the risk of vasculitis, hemorrhage and other abnormalities from the circulatory system is greatly increased in the patient.
The interaction of psyzoanaleptics with anticonvulsant drugs can lead to a decrease in the therapeutic effect of the latter, which should be taken into account when appointing patients who are forced to take anticonvulsants.
During the period of treatment with this medication, elderly patients or patients with hepatic and renal impairment should constantly monitor the general condition and blood tests.
With special care this drug is prescribed to patients with severe hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias or angina in acute form. After suffering hemorrhagic stroke or myocardial infarction, the use of Vinpocetin tablets is permissible only after the acute clinical symptoms subsided, usually no earlier than 5 days later.
In pharmacies, you can find drugs that are similar in their therapeutic effect to those of Vinpocetine. These drugs include:
- Cavinton forte;
Leave and storage conditions
The drug Vinpocetin is dispensed in pharmacies according to a doctor's prescription. Keep the tablets out of the reach of children at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of production date indicated on the package. After the expiration of the tablet should be discarded.
The average cost of Vinpocetine tablets in pharmacies in Moscow is 120-220 rubles, depending on the number of blisters in the pack and the manufacturer.