Vinpocetine: instructions for use
- Vinpocetine: instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Dosage and administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- Interaction with other drugs
- special instructions
- Vinpocetine analogs
- Vacation and storage conditions
- Vinpocetine price
Vinpocetine is a drug from the group of psychoanaleptics, the therapeutic effect of which is aimed at improving blood circulation in the brain, increasing efficiency and concentration.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Vinpocetine comes in the form of tablets for oral administration. Each tablet contains actin active ingredient - Vinpocetine 5 mg and a number of auxiliary components: potato starch, lactose, silica, magnesium stearate, talc. The tablets are packaged in 10 pieces in blister cell blisters of 1-5 in a carton box.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Vinpocetine drug is taken orally. The active substance of the drug is rapidly absorbed through the mucous membranes of the alimentary canal into the common bloodstream. The maximum concentration of the drug in the blood plasma is observed after 1-5 hours after taking the pill inside.
The active active ingredient of the tablets has a beneficial effect on the work of the central nervous system: the cerebral circulation improves, the ischemia feeds well, the efficiency and concentration of attention is increased. Against the background of treatment with this drug, patients noted an improvement in overall well-being, better absorption of new information, a decrease in the frequency of migraine attacks and headaches.
Under the influence of Vinpocetine, platelet aggregation is reduced and improvement in the rheological properties of blood is observed. The active active ingredient stimulates the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain tissues, serves as prevention of ischemia and has a pronounced antioxidant effect.
Indications for use
This drug is prescribed to patients in the presence of the following conditions:
- Reduced memory and concentration on the background of overwork or constant stress;
- Treatment of the consequences of ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke;
- As part of complex therapy for attacks of angina and migraine;
- Treatment of acute and chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency;
- Encephalopathies of various origins, including deviations in the brain against the background of alcohol intoxication of the body;
- Transferred traumatic brain injuries as part of complex therapy;
- Significant fluid loss due to which there is a change in water-salt balance;
- Vascular disorders in the eye, optic nerve atrophy;
- Disorders of the labyrinth of the ear, accompanied by a decrease in hearing acuity;
- Meniere's disease;
- Comprehensive treatment of neurocirculatory dysfunction with attacks of panic attacks.
This drug is contraindicated for use if the patient has one of the following conditions:
- Lactase deficiency;
- Individual intolerance to the active ingredients of the drug;
- Acute myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock;
- Period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Severe damage to the liver and kidneys in the stage of decompensation.
Dosage and administration
The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of therapy with Vinpocetine are prescribed by the doctor depending on the severity of the clinical symptoms of the disease, the characteristics of the patient’s body, tolerance, the presence of complications and other factors. According to the instructions Vinpocetine tablets must be taken orally, regardless of the food, without chewing, drinking plenty of fluids. The initial dose of the drug is 5 mg (1 tablet) 3 times a day. If necessary, you can increase to 2 tablets 5 mg 3 times a day. The duration of therapy is at least 10-14 days, if necessary, the patient can take the drug longer under the strict supervision of a physician.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
The drug Vinpocetine is contraindicated for use in women during the period of childbearing, due to the lack of confirmed information on the safety of the active substance of the tablets on the fetus. If the above indications are available, the expectant mother should consult a doctor in order to select an alternative medication that is not dangerous for the fetus. One of these means is glycine.
The use of Vinpocetine during breastfeeding is contraindicated in women. If necessary, a course of therapy with this drug lactation stop or pick up an alternative drug that is approved for use in conjunction with breastfeeding.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by patients when properly applied, but with individual hypersensitivity, the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the digestive tract - pain in the epigastric region, nausea, abnormal stool, salivation, vomiting;
- On the part of the nervous system - overexcitement, sleep disturbance, dizziness;
- On the part of the heart and blood vessels - tachycardia , a slight decrease in blood pressure, extrasystole, heart rhythm disturbances in rare cases;
- Allergic reactions - the development of dermatitis, skin rash, hyperemia, local fever.
With an overdose of Vinpocetine, the patient has an increase in the severity of the above side effects, a decrease in blood pressure, the development of general weakness and malaise. Treatment of drug overdose with pills is to take activated charcoal or other enterosorbents, gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy if necessary.
Interaction with other drugs
With simultaneous use of Vinpocetine tablets with heparin or anticoagulants, the patient greatly increases the risk of vasculitis, hemorrhages and other disorders of the circulatory system.
The interaction of psizoanaleptics with anticonvulsants can lead to a decrease in the therapeutic action of the latter, which should be considered when prescribing to patients who are forced to take anticonvulsants.
During the period of treatment with this drug, elderly patients or patients with impaired liver and kidneys should constantly monitor the general condition and blood test results.
With special care, this drug is prescribed to patients with severe hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias or angina in acute form. After suffering a hemorrhagic stroke or myocardial infarction, the use of Vinpocetine tablets is permissible only after relieving the acute clinical symptoms, as a rule, not earlier than after 5 days.
Pharmacies can be found drugs, in its therapeutic effect similar to Vinpocetine tablets. These drugs include:
- Cavinton Forte;
Vacation and storage conditions
Vinpocetine drug is available in pharmacies by prescription. Keep tablets should be out of the reach of children at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of production date indicated on the package. After the expiration of the tablet should be discarded.
The average cost of Vinpocetine tablets in pharmacies in Moscow is 120-220 rubles, depending on the number of blisters in a pack and the manufacturer.