Vilprafen: instructions for use
- Vilprafen: instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Dosage and administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- The interaction of the drug with other drugs
- special instructions
- Vilprafen analogues
- Drug release conditions
- The price of tablets 500 mg
The drug Vilprofen is a broad-spectrum antibiotic belonging to the macrolide group. The active ingredients of the drug detrimental effect on the majority of pathogens.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Vilprafen is available in the form of tablets for oral administration in a carton in blisters of 10 pieces. Each tablet is coated with a film of white color and has a horizontal notch on one side.
The main active ingredient of the drug is josamycin at a dosage of 500 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, talc, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide, macrogol, aluminum hydroxide.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Vilprafen tablets are prescribed for ingestion for various bacterial infections. The active ingredient of the drug has a detrimental effect on the pathogens of the infectious process, inhibiting the synthesis of protein by bacteria. Josamycin has the ability to accumulate in the lesion, thereby the drug has a powerful bactericidal effect. The drug is highly effective against gram-positive (streptococcus, staphylococcus, pneumococcal) and gram-negative microorganisms (Helicobacter pylori), as well as some anaerobes (clostridia, peptokokkam, peptostreptoktokkam). This drug has a detrimental effect on ureaplasma, chlamydia and can be prescribed for the integrated treatment of these pathologies in gynecology and venereology.
After taking the pill inside, the active active ingredients are rapidly absorbed through the membranes of the alimentary canal into the common bloodstream. The maximum concentration of josamycin in the serum is observed a couple of hours after taking the drug. The highest concentration of the drug can be found in the patient in biological fluids - sweat, saliva, vaginal secretions, semen, tear fluid, bile.
Indications for use
This drug is prescribed to patients for the treatment of such pathological conditions:
- Infectious inflammatory processes of the respiratory system organs: bronchitis, pneumonia, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, tonsillitis , sinusitis, otitis media, inflammation of the laryngeal mucosa, paratonsillar abscess as part of complex therapy, bronchopneumonia;
- Infectious-inflammatory processes of the oral cavity: periodontal disease, gingivitis , flux, prevention of the development of inflammatory processes after tooth extraction or surgical removal of a cyst;
- Inflammatory processes of the skin and subcutaneous fat: boils, carbuncles, acne, pyoderma, abscesses and pustules, erysipelas, anthrax, lymphadenitis, Hodgkin's lymphoma;
- Inflammatory and infectious processes of the genitourinary organs: cystitis , urethritis, pyelonephritis, inflammation of the prostate gland in men, adnexitis , endometritis, inflammation of the cervix as a result of unsuccessful gynecological manipulations, septic abortion, prevention of the development of bacterial infection after surgery on the pelvic organs, shivering , chlamydia , ureaplasmosis .
The drug Vilprafen is contraindicated in patients with the following conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Liver failure;
- Pregnancy and lactation period;
- Present severe allergic reactions to drugs from the group of macrolides.
Dosage and administration
Vilprafen tablet must be taken orally, without chewing, with a sufficient amount of water. The drug is usually prescribed after a meal or half an hour before meals.
The dose of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment is chosen by the doctor for each individual patient individually. It directly depends on the diagnosis, the severity of the course of the infectious process, the presence of complications, individual tolerance, age, body weight.
According to the instructions for the preparation, the daily maximum dose for adults and adolescents over 14 years of age is 1-2 g, which is divided into several doses. At the initial stages of the inflammatory process, provided that there are no complications, I prescribe 1 tablet of vilprafen 2 times a day. The duration of therapy for different diseases will vary, but the drug should be taken at least 5 days, for a maximum of 2 weeks. In the absence of the expected effect and improvement, the patient must necessarily consult a doctor in order to clarify the diagnosis and the adequacy of the treatment. Even if the patient feels much better, but the course of treatment is not yet finished, in no case can you cancel the drug yourself! In this case, the inflammatory process will again make itself felt with greater force, and the pathogens will already be insensitive to josamycin and then the doctor will have to select a new agent, stronger and in higher dosage.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Drugs from the group of macrolides are not prescribed for the treatment of women during their childbearing. The active ingredients of the drug can freely penetrate the placental barrier, appealing severe damage to the fetus.
Vilprafen tablets during lactation are contraindicated for use. If necessary, a course of therapy with this drug should stop the woman's feeding or consult a doctor to select an alternative treatment.
With proper use of the drug and accurate compliance with the dose indicated in the instructions, Vilprafen is well tolerated by patients, but in some cases the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the digestive tract: nausea, abdominal pain, excessive salivation, heartburn, vomiting, indomitable diarrhea, the development of inflammation in the intestines in rare cases;
- On the part of the liver and biliary tract: an increase in the activity of hepatic transaminases, rarely a violation of the outflow of bile and the functioning of the gallbladder due to which patients developed jaundice;
- Allergic reactions of the skin: urticaria , rash, angioedema , in very rare cases, anaphylactic shock.
In medicine, there are no cases of overdose in patients with proper medication. With a significant increase in the recommended dose in the instructions, patients develop complications from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract - severe vomiting, nausea, liver enlargement, diarrhea. In rare cases, it may develop liver failure.
The interaction of the drug with other drugs
Simultaneous administration of Vilprafen tablets with antibiotics from the penicillin or cephalosporin group should be avoided, as this can lead to the development of severe liver damage, liver failure, diarrhea, and dehydration. In severe cases, patients developed coma.
With simultaneous use of antibiotics from the group of macrolides with xanthines, the patient develops intoxication of the organism.
With the simultaneous appointment of Vilprafen to the patient during treatment with antihistamines, the development of serious disorders of the heart, in particular cardiac arrhythmias, is likely.
With the simultaneous use of Vilprafen tablets with hormonal contraceptives it is possible to reduce their effect, which should be warned patients. During the period of treatment with antibiotics, doctors recommend further use of barrier contraceptives.
Elderly patients, as well as patients with severe disorders in the liver and kidneys, this drug should be prescribed with extreme caution. During the period of treatment it is necessary to constantly monitor the general health of the patient and the clinical picture of blood.
The analogues of the drug Vilprafen, similar in their therapeutic effect, include the following means:
Drug release conditions
The drug Vilprafen dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription from the doctor. Tablets should be kept out of the reach of children, avoiding exposure to sunlight on the package. The optimum temperature for storage is no more than 25 degrees. The shelf life of the tablets is 3 years from the date of manufacture, at the end of this period unused medicine should be discarded.
The price of tablets 500 mg
The average cost of the drug Vilprafen in pharmacies in Moscow is 490-550 rubles per pack.