Wilprafen: instructions for use
- Wilprafen: instructions for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Application of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Side effects
- An overdose of the drug
- Interaction of the drug with other drugs
- special instructions
- Wilprafen analogues
- Conditions for dispensing a drug
- The price of tablets 500 mg
The drug Vilprofen is a broad-spectrum antibiotic belonging to the macrolide group. The active ingredients of the preparation have a harmful effect on the majority of pathogenic microorganisms.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vilprafen is available in the form of tablets for oral administration in a cardboard package in blisters for 10 pieces. Each tablet is covered with a film shell of white color and has a horizontal notch on one side.
The main active substance of the drug is josamycin in a dosage of 500 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, talc, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide, macrogol, aluminum hydroxide.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Wilprafen tablets are prescribed for oral administration with various bacterial infections. The active substance of the preparation has a harmful effect on the causative agents of the infectious process, inhibiting protein synthesis by bacteria. Josamycin has the ability to accumulate in the lesion, thus the drug has a powerful bactericidal effect. The drug is highly effective against gram-positive (streptococcus, staphylococcus, pneumococcus) and gram-negative microorganisms (Helicobacter pylori), as well as some anaerobes (clostridia, peptococci, peptostreptococcus). This drug has a harmful effect on ureaplasma, chlamydia and can be prescribed for the complex treatment of these pathologies in gynecology and venereology.
After taking the pill inside active active ingredients are rapidly absorbed through the casings of the digestive canal into the common bloodstream. The maximum concentration of josamycin in the blood serum is observed after a couple of hours after taking the drug. The highest concentration of the drug can be found in the patient in biological fluids - sweat, saliva, vaginal discharge, sperm, tear fluid, bile.
Indications for use
This drug is administered to patients for the purpose of treating such pathological conditions:
- Infectious inflammatory processes of the respiratory system: bronchitis, pneumonia, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, tonsillitis , sinitis, otitis, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx, paratonsillar abscess in the complex therapy, bronchopneumonia;
- Infectious and inflammatory processes of the oral cavity: parodontosis, gingivitis , flux, prevention of the development of inflammatory processes after tooth extraction or surgical removal of the cyst;
- Inflammatory processes of the skin and subcutaneous fat: furuncles, carbuncles, acne, pyoderma, abscesses and abscesses, erysipelas, anthrax, lymphadenitis, lymphogranulomatosis;
- Inflammatory-infectious processes of the urogenital system: cystitis , urethritis, pyelonephritis, inflammation of the prostate gland in men, adnexitis , endometritis, cervical inflammation as a result of unsuccessfully performed gynecological manipulations, septic abortion, prevention of bacterial infection after surgery on the pelvic organs, gonorrhea , chlamydia , ureaplasmosis .
Contraindications for use
The drug Vilprafen is contraindicated in patients with such conditions:
- Individual intolerance of the constituent components of the drug;
- Liver failure;
- Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding;
- Past severe allergic reactions to drugs from the macrolide group.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablet of Vilprrafen should be taken orally, without chewing, squeezed with enough water. The drug is usually prescribed after a meal or half an hour before a meal.
The dose of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment are selected by the doctor for each individual patient individually. It directly depends on the diagnosis, the severity of the course of the infectious process, the presence of complications, individual tolerability, age, body weight.
According to the instructions for the drug, the daily maximum dose for adults and adolescents over 14 years is 1-2 g, divided into several doses. At the initial stages of the inflammatory process, in the absence of complications, adults appoint 1 tablet of Wilprafen 2 times a day. Duration of therapy for different diseases will vary, but the drug should be taken at least 5 days, a maximum of 2 weeks. In the absence of the expected effect and improvement, the patient must always consult a doctor with the aim of clarifying the diagnosis and the adequacy of treatment. Even if the patient felt much better, but the course of treatment is not over, in no case can you cancel the drug yourself! In this case, the inflammatory process will again make itself felt with greater force, and the pathogens of infection will already be insensitive to dzhozamycin and then the doctor will have to select a new remedy, stronger and at a higher dosage.
Application of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Preparations from the group of macrolides are not prescribed for the treatment of women during their child's bearing. The active substances of the preparation can freely penetrate through the placental barrier, invoking severe fetal lesions.
Wilprafen tablets in the period of lactation are contraindicated for use. If a course of therapy with this medicine is necessary, a woman should stop feeding or consult a doctor for alternative treatment.
If the drug is used correctly and the dose of Wilprafen is accurately observed, the patient is well tolerated, but in some cases, the following side effects may occur:
- On the part of the organs of the digestive canal: nausea, abdominal pain, profuse salivation, heartburn, vomiting, indomitable diarrhea, the development of the inflammatory process in the intestine in rare cases;
- On the part of the liver and bile ducts: an increase in the activity of hepatic transaminases, rarely a violation of the outflow of bile and gallbladder functioning due to which the patients developed jaundice;
- Allergichecia skin reactions: urticaria , rash, Quincke's edema , in very rare cases anaphylactic shock.
An overdose of the drug
In medicine, there have been no cases of overdose in patients with the correct administration of the drug. With a significant increase in the recommended dose in the instruction, patients develop complications from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract - severe vomiting, nausea, enlargement of the liver, diarrhea. In rare cases, the development of hepatic insufficiency is possible.
Interaction of the drug with other drugs
Avoiding the simultaneous administration of vilprafen tablets with antibiotics from the penicillin group or cephalosporins should be avoided, as this can lead to severe liver damage, liver failure, diarrhea, and dehydration. In severe cases, coma developed in patients.
With the simultaneous use of antibiotics from the group of macrolides with xanthines, the patient develops an intoxication of the organism.
With the parallel appointment to the patient Vilprafen during treatment with antihistamines, the development of serious disorders in the work of the heart, in particular cardiac arrhythmias, is likely.
With the simultaneous use of Wilprafen tablets with hormonal contraceptives, it is possible to reduce their effect, which should be warned by patients. During the period of antibiotic treatment, medics are advised to use barrier means of contraception in addition.
Older patients, as well as patients with severe impairment of liver and kidney function, this drug should be administered with extreme caution. During the period of treatment, it is necessary to constantly monitor the patient's general health and clinical picture of the blood.
The analogues of the drug Vilprafen, similar in their therapeutic effect, include the following:
Conditions for dispensing a drug
Vilprafen is dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription from a doctor. Tablets should be stored out of the reach of children, avoiding sunlight on the package. The optimum storage temperature is not more than 25 degrees. Shelf life of the tablets is 3 years from the date of manufacture, at the end of this period, the unused medication should be discarded.
The price of tablets 500 mg
The average cost of the drug Vilprafen in pharmacies in Moscow is 490-550 rubles per package.