Vidisik gel eye instructions for use
Vidisik eye gel is a drug that is used in ophthalmology for complex treatment of pathological conditions accompanied by excessive dryness of the eyes.
Release form and composition
The drug Vidisik comes in the form of a gel for laying in the conjunctival sac. The main active ingredient of this drug is carbomer, which is contained in an amount of 2 mg per 1 g of gel. Also included in the formulation are auxiliary components:
- Sodium hydroxide.
- Water for injections.
Vidisik eye gel is contained in a tube; its amount is 10 g (2% solution). Carton packs contain one tube with gel and instructions for use of the drug.
The main active ingredient of the eye gel Vidisik Carbomer is a high molecular weight hydrophilic polymer. Its indicators of acidity (pH) and osmolarity are the same as in the tear fluid. Due to this, the drug forms on the surface of the eye the thinnest transparent film that retains moisture and prevents the development of dry eyes. Sodium chloride, which is contained in the tear fluid, promotes the release of water from the gel after its application.
After applying the eye gel Vidisik in the conjunctival sac of the eye, the formed hydrophilic film is maintained for at least 90 minutes. The active ingredient and auxiliary components of the drug are not absorbed into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
Vidisik eye gel is used as a replacement therapy for conditions accompanied by dry eye - a violation of the functional activity of the lacrimal glands with a decrease in the production of their secretion, "dry eye syndrome" with their fatigue, dry keratoconjunctivitis (specific inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye).
The only contraindication to the use of eye gel Vidisik is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active substance or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosage and administration
The drug Vidisik used in the form of instillation or laying the gel in the conjunctival sac. The dosage and duration of the course of therapy are determined by the ophthalmologist individually, depending on the underlying pathological process of the eye. On average, instill 1 drop of gel 3-5 times a day, the last laying of the gel should be no later than 30 minutes before the intended sleep. The average duration of therapy for dry keratoconjunctivitis is a long period of time, with periodic monitoring of the effectiveness of treatment by an ophthalmologist.
In isolated cases, hypersensitivity reactions to the Vidisik eye gel may develop. The preparation contains preservative cetrimide, which with prolonged use can cause an inflammatory reaction and irritation of the conjunctiva of the eyes, which are accompanied by a burning sensation, a feeling of "sand in the eyes", their reddening (injection of sclera vessels), therefore for long-term use it is desirable to choose drugs without preservatives.
Before you start using Vidisik eye gel, you should carefully read the instructions for its use. There are several special indications that are worth paying attention to, these include:
- Vidisik eye gel can not be instilled into the eyes in the presence of contact lenses (they must first be removed).
- Contact lenses can be installed after a period of time of at least 15 minutes after instillation of the drug.
- Clinical data on the harmful effects of the drug on the fetus during pregnancy or on an infant during lactation are not available. The use of the drug is determined by the doctor, after carefully weighing the expected benefits to the mother and the potential risk to the fetus.
- Data on the dangers of using the drug for children is not.
- In the case of simultaneous use of the eye gel Vidisik with other contact preparations for the eyes, the duration of their exposure may increase, therefore it is necessary to apply them with an interval of 15 minutes or more.
- The interaction of the drug with other types of drugs was not observed.
- After instillation of the eye gel Vidisik in the conjunctival sac for a short period of time, there is a slight visual impairment in the form of "fog before the eyes", which must be considered while driving a vehicle or doing other work that requires sufficient visual acuity.
- The drug does not have a direct effect on the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy network, Vidisik eye gel is released without a prescription. In case of questions or doubts regarding its use, you should consult with your doctor.
Cases of overdose with Vidisik Eye Gel are unknown.
Similar to the eye gel Vidisik on the active substance and therapeutic effect are drugs Oftagel, Sikapos.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug since its manufacture is 3 years. It is necessary to store the drug in a dark, dry place at an air temperature not higher than + 30 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The average cost of the drug in pharmacies in Moscow ranges from 203-220 rubles.