Vidisik gel eye instruction for use
Eye Vidisik gel is a medicine that is used in ophthalmology for complex treatment of pathological conditions, accompanied by excessive dry eye.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Vidisik is available in the form of a gel for laying in a conjunctival sac. The main active substance of this drug is carbomer, which is contained in an amount of 2 mg per 1 g of gel. Also the composition of the preparation includes auxiliary components:
- Sodium hydroxide.
- Water for injections.
Eye Vidisik gel is contained in a tube, its amount is 10 g (2% solution). The cardboard package contains one tube with gel and instruction on the use of the preparation.
The main active substance of the eye gel Vidisik carbomer is a high molecular weight hydrophilic polymer. Its acidity (pH) and osmolarity are the same as for tear fluid. Due to this drug forms on the surface of the eye a very thin transparent film that retains moisture and prevents the development of dry eyes. Sodium chloride, which is contained in the tear fluid, promotes the release of water from the gel after its application.
After applying Vidisik eye gel to the conjunctival sac of the eye, the hydrophilic film formed is retained for a period of at least 90 minutes. The active substance and the auxiliary components of the drug are not absorbed into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
Eye Vidisik gel is used as a substitute therapy for conditions accompanied by dry eye - a violation of the functional activity of the lacrimal glands with a decrease in the production of their secretion, "dry eye syndrome" when overworked, dry keratoconjunctivitis (specific inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eyes).
Contraindications for use
The only contraindication to the use of Vidisik eye gel is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
The drug Vidisik is used in the form of instillation or laying of gel in the conjunctival sac. Dosage and duration of the course of therapy are determined by a physician by an ophthalmologist individually, depending on the underlying pathological process of the eyes. On the average, one drop of gel is instilled 3-5 times a day, the last laying of the gel should be no later than 30 minutes before the expected sleep. The average duration of therapy with dry keratoconjunctivitis is a long period of time, with periodic monitoring of the effectiveness of treatment by an ophthalmologist.
In isolated cases, reactions of hypersensitivity to Vidisik eye gel may develop. The preparation contains a preservative cetrimide, which, with prolonged use, can cause an inflammatory reaction and irritation of the conjunctiva of the eyes, which are accompanied by a burning sensation, a sensation of "sand in the eyes", their reddening (injection of scleral vessels), therefore, for long-term use, it is desirable to select drugs without containing them preservatives.
Before using Vidisik eye gel, you should carefully read the instructions for its use. There are several special instructions that you should pay attention to, they include:
- Eye Vidisik gel can not be buried in the eyes with contact lenses (they must be removed first).
- Contact lenses can be installed after a period of at least 15 minutes after instillation of the drug.
- Clinical data on the harmful effects of the drug on the fetus during pregnancy or on an infant during lactation are absent. The use of the drug is determined by the doctor, after careful weighing of the expected benefits for the mother and the potential risk to the fetus.
- There are no data on the dangers of using the drug for children.
- In the case of simultaneous use of Vidisik eye gel with other contact preparations for the eyes, the duration of their exposure may increase, so it is necessary to apply them at intervals of 15 or more minutes.
- Interaction of the drug with other types of medicines was not noted.
- After instillation of the Vidisik eye gel into the conjunctival sac for a short period of time, a slight visual impairment appears in the form of a "fog before the eyes", which must be taken into account while driving a vehicle or doing other work that requires sufficient visual acuity.
- The drug has no direct effect on the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy chain, the eye gel Vidisik is dispensed without a prescription. In case of questions or doubts about its use, consult a physician.
Cases of overdose with eye gel Vidisik are unknown.
Similar to the eye gel Vidisik on the active ingredient and the therapeutic effect are preparations Oftagel, Sikapos.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug since its manufacture is 3 years. Store the drug in a dark, dry place at an air temperature of not more than + 30 ° C. Keep away from children.
The average cost of the drug in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 203-220 rubles.