Videestim ointment instructions for use
The drug Videstim is a drug for external use, which has healing properties (promotes cell regeneration). This ointment is used to treat various pathological conditions of the skin, requiring its speedy healing.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Videstim is released in a dosage form - ointment. It contains the main active substance retinol (retinol palminate) in an amount of 5 mg per 1 g of ointment (5% solution). It also includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- Emulsion wax.
- Vaseline oil.
- Butyl hydroxy anisole.
- Ethyl alcohol (ethanol) 95% solution.
- Vaseline oil.
- Glycerol (glycerol).
- Purified water up to 1 g of the weight of the ointment.
Ointment Videstim is contained in a tube in the amount of 35 g, it has a homogeneous structure and a white or light yellow color. A cardboard pack contains one tube and instructions for the use of the drug.
Retinol, which is the main active substance of Widestim ointment, refers to vitamin A. One of its biological functions in the body is the acceleration of the process of regeneration and recovery of cells and tissues. The drug stimulates the proliferation (division) of cells in the area of their damage, accelerates the regeneration of tissues and inhibits the processes of keratinization of the skin.
After applying to the skin ointments Widestim, retinol, which is part of its composition, can partially be absorbed into the systemic bloodstream.
Indications for use
The main indication for the use of Widestim ointment is the pathological processes in the skin, accompanied by its damage. Such diseases include:
- Eczema and dermatosis is a chronic degenerative-dystrophic skin disease.
- Dermatitis is an inflammatory process in the skin, which is a consequence of the damaging effect of various factors (aggressive chemical compounds, allergic reaction, fungal, bacterial or viral infection).
- Abrasions or superficial skin cracks.
- Age changes in the skin, which are characterized by an increase in its sensitivity to various damaging factors and a decrease in elasticity.
- Trophic or degenerative disorders in the skin, in which the processes of its keratinization increase (thickening of the stratum corneum).
Also, Widestim ointment is used to restore the skin as soon as possible after applying local glucocorticosteroids (hormones of the adrenal cortex, which have anti-inflammatory properties, but with prolonged use cause the development of atrophy and skin erosion).
Contraindications for use
Use of ointment Videastim is contraindicated in certain pathological and physiological conditions of the organism, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to retinol, excipients of the drug.
- Hypervitaminosis A - increased content in the body of vitamin A, the use of the drug in connection with the partial absorption of retinol in the systemic blood flow will lead to even more hypervitaminosis.
- Acute inflammatory process in the skin - a relative contraindication, the use of the drug is possible after the subsidence of acute manifestations of the inflammatory process (pain, hyperemia, edema).
Before you start using Widestim ointment, you need to make sure there are no contraindications to the use of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is used only externally. Ointment Videstim is applied to the area of skin lesions 2 times a day, usually in the morning and in the evening. Cracks and abrasions before treatment with ointment are treated with antiseptic medicines. In nursing mothers for the treatment of nipple cracks, the ointment is applied 2 times a day, in the morning and in the evening (the time between application of the ointment should be 12 hours) after breastfeeding. After applying the ointment, before feeding the nipple, wash in warm water with soap. Duration of ointment use Widestim depends on the pathological process in the skin, on average it is from 4 to 12 weeks.
After applying the ointment on the skin, it can develop its itching, redness and burning. In this case, the drug is stopped and the skin is washed with a sufficient amount of warm water. Cases of development of systemic adverse reactions or allergies to the drug have not been reported.
Before you start using Widestim ointment, you should carefully read the instructions to the drug. There are several specific indications regarding its application, which include:
- The use of the drug during pregnancy is possible only after the appointment of a doctor and under his supervision, if the expected benefit for the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
- It is not recommended to combine the use of Widestim ointment with medicines containing retinoids, since this can lead to the development of hypervitaminosis A.
- Joint use with ointments and drugs, which include the antibiotic tetracycline, is excluded.
- The use of ointment does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy chain, Ointment Videstim is dispensed without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts about the use of the drug, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Cases of drug overdose are not described. Possible the appearance of negative reactions and side effects in the application of ointment. In this case, the application of the drug is stopped, and the skin is washed with a sufficient amount of running water.
We Shown Analogues
According to the active substance and therapeutic effect, Widestim analogues of ointment are Retinol, Sanvit.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug since its manufacture is 5 years. Ointment Widestim should be stored in a dark place inaccessible to children at a temperature regime of +2 to +8 ° C. Do not freeze the drug.
Let's see the price
The average cost of the ointment Widestim in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 186-198 rubles.