Viburkol candles manual
Viburkol candles refer to homeopathic medicines, they restore the constancy of the internal environment of the body. The drug is used in various diseases in children and adults to achieve anti-inflammatory, analgesic and sedative (sedative effect).
Form of issue and composition
The drug Viburkol is released in a dosage form - suppositories (suppositories). They have a torpedo shape, white or light yellow color and a smooth surface. The composition of one candle includes several components that are minerals and medicinal plants:
- Calcium carbonicum Hahnemanni D8 4.4 mg.
- Atropa bella-donna D2 1.1 mg
- Matricaria recutita D1 1.1 mg.
- Pulsatilla pratensis D2 - 2.2 mg.
- Plantago major D3 - 1,1 mg.
- Solanum dulcamara D4 1.1 mg.
As an auxiliary substance, Viburkol suppositories contain solid fat, which melts at body temperature after the injection of the suppository into the rectal cavity. Candles are packaged in a contour squad package of 12 pieces. The cardboard pack contains two contour squares and instructions. On the use of the drug.
The active ingredients and components of the Viburkol suppositories have a complex effect on the body, which manifests itself in the realization of a number of therapeutic effects:
- Anti-inflammatory effect - reduces the severity of the inflammatory response in tissues, regardless of its location in the body.
- Anesthetic action - reduces the intensity of painful sensations due to the decrease in the severity of inflammation.
- Sedative action - reduces pathological nerve impulses in the structures of the central nervous system, due to which the soothing effect develops.
- Spasmolytic action - reduces the tone of smooth muscles of the walls of the hollow organs of the digestive tract, urinary system and respiratory organs.
- Desintoxication effect - promotes the prompt natural removal of various toxins from the body.
- Decrease in body temperature due to a decrease in the severity of general intoxication of the body and inflammatory processes.
These drug effects are also realized by activating the protective and adaptive capabilities of the body.
After rectal administration of the suppository into the rectal cavity, the active substances are absorbed by the mucous membrane and enter the systemic circulation for 10-15 minutes.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Viburkol suppositories include inflammatory diseases of different etiology and localization
- Inflammatory processes in the organs of the sexual and urinary system - chronic prostatitis in men, inflammation of the appendages of the uterus in women ( adnexitis , oophoritis), pyelonephritis (infectious inflammation of the kidneys), cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), urethritis (pathological process in the urethra).
- Infectious and inflammatory processes in the digestive system - gastritis (inflammation of the gastric mucosa), enterocolitis (pathology of the small and large intestine), hepatitis (inflammation of the liver), pathological process in the bile ducts, pancreatitis (inflammatory process in the pancreas).
- Pathology of the upper and lower respiratory tract - acute respiratory viral infection (ARVI) accompanied by inflammatory reaction of the nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, trachea and bronchi, pneumonia (pneumonia).
- Diseases of the ENT organs, in particular acute and chronic sinusitis (inflammation of the paranasal sinuses), acute otitis media (inflammation of the mucosa of the middle ear cavity).
- Excessive nervous excitement with neuroses, prolonged stress, mental overwork.
- The state of increased convulsive readiness, which may be the first manifestation of the beginning development of epilepsy.
These pathological conditions serve as indications for the use of Viburkol suppositories for adults and for children older than 1 year.
Contraindications for use
The only absolute contraindication to the use of Viburkol suppositories is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to one or more of the components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Candles of Viburkol are injected into the lumen of the rectum (rectal administration). Dosage for adults and children over one year is 1 candle per injection. Depending on the severity of the pathology and the course of the pathological inflammatory process, the frequency of the Viburkol suppository differs. In case of acute pathological process, 1 suppository is administered 4-5 times a day and 2-3 times a day with improvement of the condition and a decrease in manifestations of the pathological process. The introduction of a candle during the day is carried out at regular intervals. The duration of the course of using Viburkol suppositories is determined by the attending physician. On average, it is 3-14 days.
Of the side effects and negative reactions, rare cases of the development of allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin and its itching are described. Even more rarely may develop urticaria (characteristic rashes and swelling, reminiscent of nettle burn), angioedema Quincke (pronounced swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs) and anaphylactic shock (severe allergic reaction with a progressive decrease in blood pressure and Development of multiple organ failure).
Before using Viburkol rectal suppositories, you should carefully read the instructions for the drug. There are several specific indications regarding their application:
- At the very beginning of the course of therapy with the drug, the symptoms of the main inflammatory pathological process can be exacerbated, which decreases over a short period of time. In case of continuing deterioration of the condition, the use of Viburkol suppositories must be discontinued and consult a doctor.
- The active ingredients that make up the drug do not interact with other drugs when they are used together.
- Candles Viburkol can be used for pregnant and lactating women.
- The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy chain, Viburkol suppositories are dispensed without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts regarding the use of the drug, you should consult your doctor.
To date, there has been no recorded case of overdose with Viburkol.
Analogues of Viburkol candles
Structural analogs of Viburkol suppositories, which have a similar therapeutic and pharmacological effect, are absent.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Viburkol candles from the moment of their manufacture is 3 years. The drug should be stored in its original packaging, dark, dry, inaccessible to children at an air temperature of no more than + 25 ° C.
The average cost of rectal suppositories Viburkol in pharmacies in Moscow varies from 344 to 469 rubles.