Vibrocil drops in the nose instructions for use
Nasal drops (nasal drops) Vibrocil have a combined effect and belong to the pharmacological group of drugs - antiallergic and vasoconstrictive drugs for topical application. They are used to treat various inflammatory and allergic diseases affecting the mucosa of the nasal cavity.
Form of issue and composition
Drops Vibrocil is a clear liquid for instillation into the nose. They contain 2 active substances - phenylephrine 2.5 mg and dimethindene maleate 0.25 mg in 1 ml of the solution. Also included in the composition are auxiliary components:
- 50% benzoalkonium chloride solution - 0.2 mg.
- Citric acid monohydrate is 2.6 mg.
- Sodium hydrogenphosphate - 4,4 mg.
- Sorbitol 35 mg.
- Lavender oil - 0.2 mg.
- Purified water volume to 1 ml.
Drops Vibrotsil contained in a bottle of dark glass with a volume of 15 ml. A cardboard pack contains 1 bottle, a dropper cap and instructions for the use of the drug.
The composition of the drug drops for the nose Vibrozil includes 2 active substances - phenylephrine and dimethindene maleate. Dimethindene maleate is an antiallergic drug, its pharmacological effect is realized due to blocking of H 1 -receptors, which are responsible for the development of allergic reactions. Phenylephrine has a vasoconstrictive effect by stimulating the alpha receptors of the vessels. Due to the pharmacological effects of the active substances, the drops in the nose of Vibrozil have an anticongestive effect, namely reduce edema and allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa and improve breathing.
After instillation into the nose, the drug has a local pharmacological effect, in a small amount, the active substances can be absorbed into the systemic bloodstream from the nasal mucosa.
Indications for use
Nasal drops Vibrocil is used in the therapy of diseases accompanied by inflammation (including allergic) and swelling of the nasal mucosa, they include:
- Allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity to contact with various allergens, more often air (house dust, pollen of plants, aerosols of various chemical compounds).
- Infectious rhinitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, caused by various pathogenic microorganisms (bacteria, viruses), including acute respiratory viral infection.
- Chronic rhinitis - prolonged inflammation of the nasal mucosa, caused by bacteria, is accompanied by swelling, a prolonged violation of the passage of air through the nose.
- Vasomotor rhinitis is a disease of the mucous membrane, accompanied by the expansion of its vessels, pronounced edema and a violation of the passage of air through the nasal cavity.
- Sinusitis is an inflammatory process in the sinuses (paranasal sinuses), primarily in the defeat of the maxillary (maxillary) sinus.
- In the complex treatment of acute middle sinusitis (inflammation of the middle ear cavity), to improve the drainage function of the Eustachian tube, which connects the middle ear with the nasal cavity.
Also, Vibrozil drops are used during preparation for surgery or performing procedures in the nose area, to reduce postoperative edema of the mucous membrane.
Contraindications for use
The use of drops for the nose Vibrocil is contraindicated in such pathological and physiological states of the body:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to active substances, auxiliary components of the drug.
- Atrophic rhinitis is a chronic pathological process characterized by thinning (atrophy) of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity.
- Ozena is a chronic atrophic rhinitis with fetid breathing.
- Pregnancy at any time and breastfeeding.
Before starting to use the drug Vibrocil it is necessary to make sure that there are no contraindications to its use.
Dosing and Administration
Drop Vibrozil dig in the nose with a special pipette cap, throwing back his head. Before instillation, the nasal passages are washed and cleaned of mucus or crusts. After dropping in drops, the head should be kept in the back position for several minutes. Dosage of nasal drops Vibrocil depends on age:
- Children under the age of 1 year - 1 drop every nostril 3-4 times a day.
- Children aged 1 to 6 years - 1-2 drops 3-4 times a day.
- Children older than 6 years and adults - 3-4 drops in each nostril 3-4 times a day.
The duration of use of the drug is determined by the state of the function of external respiration, the passage of air through the nasal cavity and a decrease in the severity of symptoms of rhinitis, but should not exceed 1 week.
With proper use and no contraindications to the use, the drug is generally well tolerated. It is rare that local negative reactions can develop in the form of dryness and sensation of burning in the nasal cavity.
Before using Vibrocil, carefully read the instructions for use. There are several special instructions that you should pay attention to, they include:
- Application of the drug for more than 1 week may lead to the development of a "rebound symptom", which consists in the development of drug rhinitis and worsening of the mucous membrane of the nose after the abolition of Vibrozil drops.
- Prolonged use of the drug leads to the development of a systemic vasoconstrictor effect, which increases the level of systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypertension).
- There is no sharing of Vibrocil drops and drugs of the pharmacological group of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO) - antidepressants.
- With caution the drug is used for cardiovascular diseases (arterial hypertension, arteriosclerosis of the vessels with the formation of atherosclerotic plaques), diabetes mellitus, prostate adenoma in men, zakratougolnoy glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure).
- Nasal drops Vibrocilum during their use does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, drops for burial in the nose Vibrocil are dispensed without a prescription. In case of questions or doubts about their use, consult a physician.
A significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug when instilled in the nose can lead to the development of dryness of the mucous membrane. In order to eliminate this effect, it is recommended to instill special oil solutions for the nose (Pinosol). Systemic manifestations of an overdose were noted with erroneous use of nasal drops of Vibrozil inside. At the same time nausea, vomiting, dizziness developed general weakness. In such cases, the stomach, intestines are washed, and intestinal sorbents are taken (adsorbed charcoal). There is no specific antidote to the active substances of the drug.
Analogues of Vibrocil
Similar drops for instillation into the nose Vibrocil on the active substances and therapeutic effects are drugs Nazik, Ximelin, Nosolin, Otrivin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Nasal drops Vibrocil should be stored in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children, at an air temperature not exceeding + 30 ° C.
The average cost of drops for burial in the nose Vibrocil in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 215-245 rubles.