Vibrocyl nasal drops instructions for use
Nasal drops (nasal drops) Vibrocil has a combined effect and belongs to the pharmacological group of drugs - antiallergic and vasoconstrictor drugs for local use. They are used to treat various inflammatory and allergic diseases affecting the nasal mucosa.
Release form and composition
Vibrocil drops are a clear liquid for instillation into the nose. They contain 2 active ingredients - phenylephrine 2.5 mg and dimetinden maleate 0.25 mg in 1 ml of solution. Also included are auxiliary components:
- 50% solution of benzoalkonium chloride - 0.2 mg.
- Citric acid monohydrate - 2.6 mg.
- Sodium hydrogen phosphate - 4.4 mg.
- Sorbitol - 35 mg.
- Lavender oil - 0.2 mg.
- Purified water volume up to 1 ml.
Vibrocil drops are contained in a 15 ml dark glass bottle. A cardboard pack contains 1 bottle, a dropper cap and instructions for use of the drug.
The composition of the drug drops for the nose Vibrocil includes 2 active ingredients - phenylephrine and dimetinden maleate. Dimetinden maleate is an anti-allergic agent, its pharmacological effect is realized by blocking the H 1 -receptors, which are responsible for the development of allergic reactions. Phenylephrine has a vasoconstrictive effect by stimulating vascular alpha receptors. Due to the pharmacological effects of active substances, drops in the nose Vibrocil have anti-congestive action, namely, reduce swelling and allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa and improve breathing.
After instillation into the nose, the drug has a local pharmacological effect, in a small amount of the active substances can be absorbed into the systemic circulation from the nasal mucosa.
Indications for use
Vibrocil nasal drops are used in the treatment of diseases involving inflammation (including allergic) and swelling of the nasal mucosa, these include:
- Allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity to contact with various allergens, usually airborne (house dust, plant pollen, aerosols of various chemical compounds).
- Infectious rhinitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity caused by various pathogenic microorganisms (bacteria, viruses), including during acute respiratory viral infections.
- Chronic rhinitis - prolonged inflammation of the nasal mucosa, caused by bacteria, is accompanied by edema, prolonged disruption of the passage of air through the nose.
- Vasomotor rhinitis is a disease of the mucous membrane, accompanied by the expansion of its vessels, severe edema and impaired passage of air through the nasal cavity.
- Sinusitis - an inflammatory process in the sinuses (paranasal sinuses), primarily with the defeat of the maxillary (maxillary) sinuses.
- In the complex treatment of acute middle sinusitis (inflammation of the middle ear cavity), to improve the drainage function of the Eustachian tube, which connects the middle ear to the nasal cavity.
Vibrocil drops are also used during preparation for surgery or procedures in the nasal area, to reduce postoperative mucosal edema.
The use of drops for the nose Vibrocil is contraindicated in such pathological and physiological conditions of the body:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active ingredients, auxiliary components of the drug.
- Atrophic rhinitis is a chronic pathological process characterized by thinning (atrophy) of the nasal mucosa.
- Ozena - chronic atrophic rhinitis with bad breath.
- Pregnancy at any time and breastfeeding.
Before using the drug Vibrocil, you must ensure that there are no contraindications to its use.
Dosage and administration
Vibrocil drops are instilled into the nose with a special pipette cap, head thrown back. Before instillation, the nasal passages are washed and cleaned of mucus or crusts. After the instillation of the droplets, the head must be kept upside down for several minutes. The dosage of nasal drops Vibrocil is dependent on age:
- Children under the age of 1 year - 1 drop every nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
- Children aged 1 to 6 years old - 1-2 drops 3-4 times a day.
- Children older than 6 years and adults - 3-4 drops in each nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
The duration of use of the drug is determined by the state of the function of external respiration, the passage of air through the nasal cavity and a decrease in the severity of rhinitis symptoms, but should not exceed 1 week.
With proper use and no contraindications for use, the drug is generally well tolerated. Rarely can develop local negative reactions in the form of dryness and burning sensation in the nasal cavity.
Before you start using the drug Vibrocil, you must carefully read the instructions for use. There are several special indications that are worth paying attention to, these include:
- The use of the drug for more than 1 week can lead to the development of a "ricochet symptom", which consists in the development of medical rhinitis and deterioration of the nasal mucosa after withdrawal of Vibrocil drops.
- Prolonged use of the drug leads to the development of a systemic vasoconstrictor effect, in which an increase in the level of systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypertension) develops.
- The joint use of Vibrocil drops and drugs of the pharmacological group of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO) - antidepressants is excluded.
- With caution, the drug is used for cardiovascular diseases (arterial hypertension, vascular atherosclerosis with the formation of atherosclerotic plaques), diabetes mellitus, prostate adenoma in men, angle-closure glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure).
- Vibrocil nasal drops, when used, do not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, drops for instillation into the nose Vibrocil are dispensed without a prescription. If you have questions or doubts about their use, you should consult with your doctor.
A significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug when instilled into the nose can lead to the development of dry mucous membranes. In order to eliminate this effect, instillation of special oil solutions for the nose (Pinosol) is recommended. Systemic manifestations of overdose were observed with the erroneous use of nasal drops of Vibrocil inside. At the same time nausea, vomiting, dizziness, general weakness developed. In such cases, washing the stomach, intestines, receiving intestinal sorbents (adsorbed coal). There is no specific antidote to the active ingredients of the drug.
Analogues of Vibrocil
Similar drops for instillation into the nose Vibrocil according to the active ingredients and therapeutic effects are drugs Nazik, Xymelin, Nosolin, Otrivin.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Nasal drops Vibrocil should be stored in a dark, dry, out of reach of children, at air temperature not higher than + 30 ° C.
The average cost of drops for instillation into the nose Vibrocil in pharmacies in Moscow varies in the range of 215-245 rubles.