Vetoron user's manual
Vetoron drops belong to the pharmacological group of multivitamin medicines. They contain several vitamins as the main active substance, they are used to treat and prevent hypovitaminosis (insufficient intake of vitamins into the body).
Form of issue and composition
The preparation Vetoron is issued in the form of a solution for oral administration, which has a dark orange color with a weak characteristic odor. The main active substances of the solution are:
- Betacarotin - 20 mg in 1 ml of solution.
- Tocopherol acetate (vitamin E) - 40 mg in 1 ml of solution
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) - 40 mg in 1 ml.
The solution of Vetoron is contained in bottles of dark glass with a dropper, volume of 20 ml. Cardboard pack contains 1 bottle of solution and instructions for use.
The main active ingredients of Vetoron are vitamin A, E and betacarotene. They are necessary to maintain the normal course of metabolic processes and the functional activity of all organs and systems by providing several basic pharmacological effects:
- Support and strengthening of immunity.
- Restoration of the body after a viral infection, in particular ARVI (acute respiratory viral infection).
- Prevention of infection and disease by acute viral infection and influenza in the period of epidemiological morbidity.
- Strengthening of blood vessels, improvement of metabolic processes, prevention of oxygen and energy starvation of tissues.
- Antioxidant action - binding and inactivation of free radicals (fragments of organic molecules, which in their composition have an unpaired electron).
Thanks to this pharmacological action of vitamins, which are included in the composition of Vetoron drops, the preparation improves the general protective and adaptive abilities of the child's organism.
Indications for use
The use of the drug is indicated in a number of physiological and pathological conditions of the child's organism, which include:
- Deficiency in the body of beta-carotene, vitamins E and C, especially in the winter-spring period.
- Prevention of acute respiratory infection and influenza in the period of epidemiological spike in morbidity.
- As part of a comprehensive therapy for acute respiratory viral infections, influenza and bacterial infections.
- Restoring the body of a child after a disease.
- Increased mental or physical stress, leading to exhaustion of body forces and hypovitaminosis.
- Chronic infectious and somatic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Unbalanced and malnutrition of the child.
- Insufficient functional activity of the immune system of the child, manifests itself adherence to catarrhal diseases, which occur more often 4 times a year.
Also, the content of vitamin E and beta-carotene improves the functional activity of the retina and of the eyesight in general. The drug can also be used for adults.
Contraindications for use
Admission of a solution Vetoron is contraindicated in the presence of individual intolerance to vitamins included in its composition or auxiliary components. Also, its administration is excluded in case of vitamin A hypervitaminosis (increased intake or content in the body). It is not recommended to use the drug for children under the age of 3 years.
Dosing and Administration
Vetoron drops are taken orally 1 times a day during meals, previously dissolved in a small amount of liquid. The dosage depends on the child's age:
- Children aged 3 to 6 years - 3-4 drops (0.1 ml).
- Children aged 7-14 years - 5-6 drops (0.2 ml).
- Children over the age of 14 and adults - 7 drops (0.025 ml).
The average duration of the course of application of the solution for oral administration of Vetoron is from 2 to 4 weeks. If necessary, and for medical reasons, the doctor may prolong the course of taking the drug. In the case of severe hypovitaminosis, exhaustion of the body, finding the child in environmentally unfavorable conditions, the dosage can be increased by 1.5 times.
After taking Vetoron drops, it is possible to develop allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin and its itching, urticaria (a characteristic rash and swelling of any localization reminiscent of a nettle burn). In rare cases, severe allergic reactions may develop-angioedema angioedema (pronounced edema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (a serious condition with a progressive decrease in systemic arterial pressure and the development of multiple organ failure). In case of side effects or adverse reactions, the solution of Vetoron should be discontinued and seek medical attention.
Before using the solution for oral administration of Vetorone, you should carefully read the instructions for the drug. There are a few special instructions regarding its use:
- Solution for internal use Vetoron contains fat-soluble vitamins, which can accumulate in the body above the physiologically necessary level, so you can not take the drug with other multivitamin preparations.
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women, the drug can be used only on strict indications, when the expected benefit for the mother is higher than the potential risk to the child.
- Data on the effect of the drug on the rate of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy network, the solution for internal use Vetoron is dispensed without a prescription. Take it only at the recommended therapeutic dose according to the instructions. If you have any doubts or questions about its use, you should consult your doctor.
When the recommended therapeutic dose is exceeded, carotenoderma develops - the accumulation of betacarotene in the skin, which gives it a characteristic yellow coloration, which is more pronounced on the palmar surface of the hands and the sole of the feet. In this case, the drug is stopped, normal skin coloration occurs within a few days, then the drug can be resumed. In case of an overdose, the stomach, intestines are washed, sorbents are taken (activated charcoal) and symptomatic therapy, if necessary.
According to the active substances, analogues of the solution for internal reception of Vetoron are Sana-Sol, Aerovit, B-Vitacaps, Vitamult, Vektoron.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of Vetoron drops is 2 years from the date of their manufacture. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place at an air temperature of +4 + 25 ° C. To avoid overdose or mistaken use, it is necessary to store the drops in a place inaccessible to children.
The average cost of drops for internal reception Vetoron in bottles of 20 ml in pharmacies in Moscow varies from 198 to 250 rubles.