Vestibo user's manual
Tablets Vestiibo refer to medicines for the treatment of vestibular disorders, accompanied by severe dizziness. The drug is used in the complex treatment of Meniere's disease and symptomatic therapy of various disorders of the vestibular apparatus.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Vestibo is available in the form of tablets of round shape and white. One tablet contains the main active substance of the preparation betahistine in several dosages - 8 mg, 16 mg and 30 mg. It also contains auxiliary components:
- Lactose monohydrate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Silicon oxide colloidal anhydrous.
- Stearic acid.
VESTIBO tablets are packaged in a blister for 10 pieces. Cardboard pack contains 3 blisters (30 tablets) and instruction on the use of the drug.
The main active substance of tablets Vestiibo betagistin has an effect on vestibular disorders. The therapeutic effect is realized due to such pharmacological effects of the active substance:
- Effect on a number of histamine receptors of the brain and inner ear - blocking of H 3 and stimulation of H 1 -receptors.
- An increase in the intensity of circulation in all structures of the brain and inner ear, thereby reducing their oxygen starvation.
- Improve vestibular compensation of the inner ear, which was disrupted due to excessive irritation (with motion sickness, intoxication) or its direct involvement in the pathological process.
- Reduction of excessive impulse in the neurocytes (cells of the nervous system) of the inner ear, due to which the manifestations of violations of the vestibular apparatus decrease.
The efficacy of the drug and the availability of its pharmacological effects have been proven when using VESTIBO tablets to treat patients with Meniere's disease.
After taking Vestibo tablets inside, betahistine is almost completely absorbed into the blood from all parts of the gastrointestinal tract. In the blood, it is immediately metabolized to pharmacologically inactive exchange products (2-pyridylacetic acid). Betagistin penetrates the brain through the blood-brain barrier. The metabolic products are excreted from the body in almost full volume with the urine of the kidneys, a small part of them is excreted with feces.
Indications for use
The use of the drug is primarily indicated for the complex treatment of Meniere's disease, which is accompanied by vestibular disorders in the form of dizziness (can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting), hearing loss (decreased hearing acuity due to impairment of the functional activity of the inner ear receptors) and the appearance of tinnitus. Also, the tablets are used for the symptomatic treatment of vestibular disorders of various origins, in particular, in motion sickness in transport, "seasickness", atherosclerotic lesions of the arterial vessels of the brain with a decrease in the volume of blood flow in it.
Contraindications for use
The use of Vestibo tablets is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to betagistin or auxiliary components of the drug. Also, pheochromocytoma (a hormone that produces a tumor of adrenal medulla) is an absolute contraindication to the use of the drug. Vestibo tablets are not recommended for children under 18 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, since there is no reliable evidence of the absence of negative effects on the child's organism or developing fetus.
Dosing and Administration
Vestibo tablets are taken whole by mouth without chewing. After taking the pill, drink a sufficient amount of liquid. It is advisable to take the drug after a meal, as this increases its bioavailability and absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. The average daily dosage of the drug is 24-48 mg with a dose of 3 times at the same time intervals. The duration of the course is set individually, depending on the effect of the treatment. It is believed that the optimal result is possible for a period of at least 1 month (sometimes several months). The timely initiation of Vestihibo tablets can prevent the development of severe hearing loss or deafness in Meniere's disease.
The use of VESTIBO tablets can lead to the development of side effects from various systems of organs, which include:
- Digestive system - nausea, vomiting, loosening of the stool. Less common pain in the abdomen and its swelling (flatulence).
- The central nervous system is a headache, which can be intense and have a paroxysmal character.
- Allergic reactions - there may be a rash on the skin, itching or development of hives (a characteristic rash and swelling, reminiscent of the appearance of a nettle burn). Rarely, severe allergic reactions develop as angioneurotic edema of Quincke (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (marked decrease in systemic arterial pressure and multiple organ failure).
In case of symptoms of side effects, the drug is discontinued, after which they usually disappear. Disappearance of negative reactions from the digestive system is possible with taking Vestibo tablets after eating.
Before starting taking VESTIBO tablets, you should carefully read the instructions for their use. There are several special instructions, which include:
- During the use of the drug, it is important to closely monitor the general condition of patients with concomitant diabetes.
- One of the auxiliary components of VESTIBO tablets is lactose, so they are used with caution for people with congenital or acquired lactase deficiency (a decrease in the amount of lactase enzyme in the digestive system that catalyzes lactose digestion).
- With caution, the drug is used for the elderly.
- With concomitant renal or hepatic insufficiency, periodic monitoring of the main indicators of the functional activity of these organs and blood is necessary.
- Vestibo tablets do not directly affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy chain, VESTIBO tablets are dispensed without a prescription. If you have any doubts or questions regarding their intake, you should consult your doctor.
If the recommended therapeutic dose of VESTIBO tablets is exceeded, nausea, drowsiness, and abdominal pain develop. When taking a very large dose, there may be seizures and loss of consciousness. Medical assistance in case of overdose consists in washing the stomach, intestines and performing symptomatic therapy.
Analogues of Vestiibo
Similar Vestibo tablets on the pharmacotherapeutic effect are such drugs - Vesticap, Betagis, Betagistin.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of VESTIBO tablets is 3 years from the date of manufacture. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place at an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The average cost of VESTIBO tablets in pharmacies in Moscow depends on the dosage of the drug:
- 8 mg - 152-155 rubles.
- 16 mg - 231-245 rubles.
- 24 mg - 331-337 rubles.