Vestibo application instructions
Vestibo tablets are drugs for the treatment of vestibular disorders, accompanied by severe dizziness. The drug is used in the complex treatment of Meniere's disease and the symptomatic treatment of various disorders of the vestibular apparatus.
Release form and composition
Vestibo drug is available in the form of tablets of a round shape and white color. One tablet contains the main active ingredient of the drug betahistine in several dosages - 8 mg, 16 mg and 30 mg. It also contains auxiliary components:
- Lactose monohydrate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Silicon oxide colloid anhydrous.
- Stearic acid.
Vestibo tablets are packaged in a blister of 10 pieces. The carton pack contains 3 blisters (30 tablets) and instructions for use of the drug.
The main active ingredient of the tablets Vestibo betahistine has an effect on vestibular disorders. The implementation of the therapeutic action is due to the following pharmacological effects of the active substance:
- The effect on a number of histamine receptors in the brain and inner ear - blocking H 3 and stimulating H 1 receptors.
- The increase in the intensity of blood circulation in all structures of the brain and the inner ear, thereby reducing their oxygen starvation.
- Improvement of the vestibular compensation of the inner ear, which was disturbed as a result of excessive irritation (with motion sickness, intoxication) or its direct involvement in the pathological process.
- The reduction of excessive impulses in the neurocytes (cells of the nervous system) of the inner ear, thereby reducing the manifestations of disorders of the vestibular apparatus.
The effectiveness of the drug and the presence of its pharmacological effects have been proven when using Vestibo tablets for the treatment of patients with Meniere's disease.
After taking the tablets Vestibo inside, betahistine is almost completely absorbed into the blood from all parts of the gastrointestinal tract. In the blood, it is immediately metabolized to pharmacologically inactive metabolic products (2-pyridylacetic acid). Betahistin penetrates the brain through the blood-brain barrier. The products of metabolism are eliminated from the body almost completely with urine by the kidneys, their insignificant part is excreted with feces.
Indications for use
The use of the drug is primarily indicated for the integrated treatment of Meniere's disease, which is accompanied by vestibular disorders in the form of dizziness (may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting), hearing loss (hearing loss due to impaired functional activity of the inner ear receptors), and tinnitus. Tablets are also used for the symptomatic treatment of vestibular disorders of various origins, in particular for motion sickness in transport, "motion sickness", and atherosclerotic lesions of cerebral arterial vessels with a decrease in blood flow in it.
The use of tablets Vestibo contraindicated in the case of individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to betahistine or auxiliary components of the drug. Also pheochromocytoma (a hormone producing a tumor of the adrenal medulla) is an absolute contraindication to the use of the drug. The use of Vestibo tablets is not recommended for children under the age of 18, pregnant and lactating women, since there is no reliable evidence of the absence of negative effects on the child’s body or the developing fetus.
Dosage and administration
Tablets Vestibo taken inside completely, without chewing. After taking the pill wash down with a sufficient amount of liquid. Take the drug preferably after a meal, as this increases its bioavailability and absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. The average daily dosage of the drug is 24-48 mg with the intake of 3 times at regular intervals. The duration of the course is set individually, depending on the effect of treatment. It is believed that the optimal result is possible for a period of at least 1 month (sometimes several months). Timely initiation of therapy with Vestibo pills helps prevent the development of pronounced hearing loss or deafness in Meniere's disease.
The use of tablets Vestibo can lead to the development of side effects from various organ systems, which include:
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, loose stools. Less commonly, abdominal pain and bloating (flatulence) may occur.
- The central nervous system is a headache that can be intense and paroxysmal.
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, itching, or the development of urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling, resembling a sting of a nettle) may occur. Rarely develop severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema angioedema (significant swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (marked reduction in systemic arterial pressure and multiple organ failure).
In the case of symptoms of side effects, the use of the drug is stopped, after which they usually disappear. The disappearance of negative reactions from the digestive system is possible when taking Vestibo tablets after meals.
Before you start taking Vestibo pills, you should carefully read the instructions for their use. There are several special guidelines that include:
- During the use of the drug, it is important to carefully monitor the general condition of patients with concomitant diabetes.
- One of the auxiliary components of Vestibo tablets is lactose, so they are used with caution by people with congenital or acquired lactase deficiency (reducing the amount of lactase enzyme in the digestive system, which catalyzes the breakdown of lactose).
- With caution the drug is used for the elderly.
- With concomitant renal or hepatic insufficiency, periodically it is necessary to conduct laboratory monitoring of the main indicators of the functional activity of these organs and blood.
- Vestibo tablets do not directly affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration.
In the pharmacy network, Vestibo tablets are sold without a prescription. In case of doubts or questions regarding their admission, you should consult with your doctor.
In case of exceeding the recommended therapeutic dose of Vestibo tablets, nausea, drowsiness, and abdominal pain develop. When taking a very large dose may cause seizures and loss of consciousness. Medical assistance for overdose is to flush the stomach, intestines and conduct symptomatic therapy.
Similar tablets Vestibo pharmaco-therapeutic action are such drugs - Vestikap, Betagis, Betahistin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Vestibo tablets have a shelf life of 3 years from the date of manufacture. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The average cost of Vestibo tablets in pharmacies in Moscow depends on the dosage of the drug:
- 8 mg - 152-155 rubles.
- 16 mg - 231-245 rubles.
- 24 mg - 331-337 rubles.