Wessel Doué F ampoules
Wessel Douche solution is a biological preparation whose main active substance has the ability to reduce blood clotting, so the drug belongs to the pharmacological group of anticoagulants. It is used in the complex therapy of diseases, which are accompanied by increased blood coagulability.
Form of issue and composition
The solution of Wessel Due F is intended for parenteral administration. It has a light yellow or yellow color, transparent. The main active substance is sulodexide, in 1 ml of the solution contains 600 LE (medicinal units) of this active substance. Also, the composition of the preparation as a solvent includes water for injection. The solution is packaged in ampoules of 2 ml, which are in contour acheikova packing in an amount of 10 pieces. A cardboard bundle contains 1 circuit cell pack and instruction on the use of the preparation.
The main active substance of the solution of Wessel Doué F Sulodexide is an extract of the mucosa of the small intestine of the pig. It is a biologically active compound, 80% of which is heparinoid (by its properties and chemical structure it is close to heparin) and 20% of dermatan-sulfate. These components provide anticoagulant (blood coagulability reduction) and lipid lowering (lowering lipid levels in the blood) due to such effects:
- Oppression of aggregation (gluing together) and adhesion (attachment to the walls of blood vessels) of platelets.
- Reduction in the level of fibrinogen in the blood, which is the main substrate of the thrombus.
- Increase in the level of tissue plasminogen - an enzyme that promotes resorption of the thrombus.
- Inhibition of the protein factor X of the blood coagulation system.
- Blocking of the enzyme, tissue plasminogen inhibitor.
- Increased activity of the lipoprotein lipase enzyme, which cleaves atherogenic lipoproteins (lead to the deposition of cholesterol in the walls of blood vessels).
Also, sulodexide reduces the proliferation activity of smooth muscle cells, thereby reducing the activity of the formation of an atherosclerotic plaque on the artery wall.
After parenteral (intramuscular or intravenous) administration, the concentration of sulodexide increases in the blood and reaches a therapeutic dose within 15 minutes. Then the main active substance accumulates in the walls of the arterial vessels, where it exerts its therapeutic effects, and its concentration in the arteries is several times higher than in other tissues of the body. Sulodexide is mostly excreted in the urine by the kidneys, the half-life (the time during which 50% of the entire dose is excreted from the body) is about 12 hours.
Indications for use
The use of the Wessel Douai F solution is indicated in pathological conditions accompanied by a high risk of thrombus formation in the vessels without disrupting the integrity of their walls and depositing cholesterol in them (formation of atherosclerotic plaques):
- Angiopathy is a disease of the vascular wall with a high risk of thrombosis, including after a previous myocardial infarction.
- Severe circulatory disorders in the brain, including ischemic stroke.
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy (functional and organic disorders of cerebral circulation) against diabetes mellitus, hypertensive disease or arteriosclerosis of blood vessels.
- Vascular dementia is a decrease in intelligence and mental abilities due to a prolonged insufficiency of blood supply to the cerebral cortex.
- Phlebopathy is a pathology of venous vessels accompanied by thrombosis in them (including deep vein thrombosis of the extremities).
- Microangiopathy - somatic changes in the vessels of the microcirculatory bed (capillaries), leading to a decrease in the volume of blood flow in them (angiopathy of the retina of the eye, kidneys, peripheral nerves).
- Macroangiopathy is a pathological process in the large vessels of the feet, kidneys, heart and brain with a corresponding deterioration of blood circulation.
- Diseases of the blood, accompanied by increased coagulability - thrombophilic conditions, antiphospholipid syndrome.
Also, the drug is used in the complex treatment of heparin induced thrombocytopenia (decrease in the number of platelets in the blood).
Contraindications for use
There are several pathological and physiological conditions of the body, in which use of the drug is contraindicated:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to sulodexide or auxiliary components of the solution Wessel Doue F.
- Hemorrhagic diathesis - blood pathology, accompanied by a decrease in its coagulability.
- Any pathological conditions at which blood coagulability decreases, including certain phases of the DIC syndrome (disseminated intravascular coagulation syndrome).
- Pregnancy in the first trimester.
Before starting the use of the drug, it is necessary to make sure that there are no contraindications.
Dosing and Administration
The Wessel Douay F solution is administered parenterally, intramuscularly or intravenously. Depending on the severity of the course of the main pathology, the drug can be administered intravenously (ischemic cerebral stroke, acute circulatory disorders in various organs) in an amount of 2 ml. In the middle of the pathological process, the solution is administered intramuscularly in an amount of 2 or 4 ml (depending on the severity of coagulation). Usually the drug is administered 1 time per day, the duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician, based on the clinical course of the pathology and laboratory parameters of blood coagulability (the duration of the course varies from 5 to 20 days). Also after the main course of treatment, go to the oral administration of the preparation of Wessel Doué F in the form of capsules.
The use of Wessel Doué F solution can lead to the development of side effects and negative reactions from various organs and systems:
- Digestive system - nausea, vomiting, pain and discomfort in the abdomen (more pronounced after using the oral form of the drug). In rare cases, the development of gastrointestinal bleeding is possible.
- The central nervous system is a headache, dizziness, there can rarely be a loss of consciousness.
- Red bone marrow and blood system - anemia (decrease in hemoglobin and the number of red blood cells).
- The urinary and genital system is the swelling of the genital organs, in women the polymenorrhea (profuse menstruation).
- Allergic reactions - more often develop a rash on the skin, itching, hives (elements of a rash against the background of swelling resemble a nettle burn). Less angioedema angioedema (pronounced edema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face and external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (the development of multiple organ failure).
In case of symptoms of side effects, the drug is discontinued.
The Wessel Douay F solution is used only in a medical hospital under constant laboratory monitoring of the functional activity of the blood, liver and kidney coagulation system. The administration of the drug to pregnant women late in life and breastfeeding women is possible only after the appointment of a doctor, when the expected effect on the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus or infant. During the treatment it is not recommended to perform work requiring increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions, since it is possible to develop side effects from the central nervous system. The drug in pharmacies is only available on prescription.
A significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of Wessel Doué F solution develops bleeding of various locations (in the joints, gastrointestinal bleeding). In such cases, the drug must be canceled, 1% protamine sulfate solution is administered, monitoring and monitoring of laboratory parameters of the blood coagulation system.
Wessel Doué F analogues
Analogues of the drug for pharmacological and therapeutic effect are Aksparin, Atenativ, Kleksan.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the Wessel Douai F solution is 5 years from the date of manufacture. Keep it in a dark place inaccessible to children at an ambient temperature of + 25 ° C.
Wessel Doué F price
The average cost of the Wessel Douai F solution in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 1,715 and 1,892 rubles.