Plaster Versasitis is a transdermal therapeutic system, which is made in the form of a patch. It is treated with a local anesthetic lidocaine. It is used to reduce the severity of pain in various pathologies, due to leakage of lidocaine through the skin into the underlying tissues.
Form of issue and composition
Plaster Versasitis is a transdermal therapeutic system. It is a polymeric adhesive (sticky) material, white or light yellow in color, with a weak characteristic odor. One side is sticky and covered with plastic film, the other side is represented by factory fabric. The main active substance is lidocaine, in 1 patch its content is 700 mg. It also contains auxiliary substances, which include:
- Purified water.
- 70% solution of D-sorbitol.
- Sodium polyacrylate.
- 20% solution of polyacrylic acid.
- Propylene glycol.
- Carboxymethylcellulose sodium.
- Tartaric (tartaric) acid.
- Polyvinyl alcohol.
- Disodium is the adage.
- Dihydroxyaminoacetate of aluminum.
- Methylparahydroxybenzoate (methylparaben).
- Propyl parahydroxybenzoate (propylparaben).
The cardboard package contains 5 patches and instructions for use.
Plaster Versasitis is a topical anesthetic drug (anesthetic). Its main active substance is the chemical derivative of acetamide - lidocaine. It has a membrane-stabilizing action against nerve cells (neurocytes) and fibers. Due to this, lidocaine blocks the conduction of a nerve impulse through the fibers of the sensory nerves and has an anesthetic effect.
After fixing the plaster on the skin, lidocaine is adsorbed into it, subcutaneous fat and deep tissue, accumulates there, in a concentration sufficient for the development of an analgesic effect. Partially absorbed into the systemic bloodstream, but with proper application, its concentration in the blood is insignificant and does not have a systemic effect on the body.
Indications for use
Plaster Versasitis is indicated for use as a symptomatic tool in the pain syndrome that accompanies such a pathology:
- Diseases of the spine, in which the sensitive fibers of the roots of the spinal cord are infringed in the area of their exit from the spinal canal - osteochondrosis, a hernia or protrusion of the intervertebral disc, tumor compression of the spinal roots.
- Myositis is an inflammatory process (often aseptic) in the striated muscle, as a result of local supercooling.
- Neuralgia is an inflammation of nerve fibers of various nature (infections, aseptic inflammation).
- Postherpetic neuralgia is a residual inflammation in the nerve fibers after the affected herpes zoster.
The effectiveness of the use of the patch Versasitis in these diseases depends on the individual threshold of the person's pain sensitivity and the depth of localization of the pathological process and nerve fibers.
Contraindications for use
Application of the plaster Versasitis is contraindicated in such pathological and physiological states of the body:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to lidocaine (including the presence of allergic reactions to this compound in the past) or accessory components of the patch.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin - in the case of a patch, lidocaine in more can be absorbed into the blood and lead to the development of a systemic effect.
- Children under 2 years of age - a high likelihood of absorption of a large amount of lidocaine in the systemic circulation with the development of appropriate reactions of the body.
Before starting the use of the patch Versas, you need to make sure there are no contraindications.
Dosing and Administration
The transdermal therapeutic system of Versatis is used topically. The patch is glued directly to the site of the projection of pain on the skin. One patch is fixed for up to 12 hours. Then there is a break also for 12 hours. At the same time, it is possible to fix up to 3 patches. The used patch should be disposed of. The course of application is individual and depends on the severity of the course of the main pathology and the severity of the pain syndrome. It is not recommended to use more than 5 days.
After fixing the patch Versasitis on the skin, it is possible to develop its local irritation with a sensation of burning, redness and a slight swelling. An allergic reaction to lidocaine in the form of a rash on the skin, itching, urticaria (a rash and swelling on the skin resembling a nettle burn) can also develop. Sometimes it is possible to develop severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema angioedema (pronounced edema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face and external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (development of severe multi-organ failure and a progressive decrease in systemic blood pressure).
Before starting the use of the patch Versas, you should read the instructions for its use. It is important to pay attention to a few special instructions, which include:
- Simultaneous use with drugs to treat arrhythmia can increase the toxic effect of lidocaine.
- After fixing the patch on the skin, you should thoroughly wash your hands with soap, as they can remain lidocaine.
- It is not recommended to use a plaster Versasitis during pregnancy at any time and during breastfeeding.
- Use of the patch Versasitis does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In the pharmacy chain, the Versasitis patch is dispensed without a prescription. If any questions arise regarding its use, consult a physician. In the event that the pain sensations are permanent and do not disappear after using the patch for 5 days, you should consult a doctor and take a survey.
When fixing to the skin patches Versasitis in an amount of more than 3 pieces, it is possible to suck lidocaine into the blood with the development of systemic symptoms of overdose, which include excessive sweating, dizziness, ringing in the ears, headache, double vision (diplopia), drowsiness. From the side of the cardiovascular system, it is possible to lower the level of systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypotension), decrease the heart rate (bradycardia), up to asystole (cardiac arrest). From the central nervous system and the organs of vision, double vision (diplopia), convulsions , tremor (trembling) of the hands, numbness of the skin develops. In case of an overdose, use of the Versasitis plaster is stopped. To reduce the severity of overdose, symptomatic therapy is performed (M-cholinoblockers, vasoconstrictive drugs are used).
Analogues of the patch Versasitis from this pharmacological-therapeutic group of medicines are Xikain, Helikain.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the patch Versas is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Store in a dark, dry place at an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Plaster Versasis price
The average cost of a plaster Versas in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 492-515 rubles.