Venter tablets instructions for use
Venter is a gastroprotective drug that protects the mucous membrane of the digestive tract and prevents its further destruction. It is used in the treatment of inflammation of the esophagus (mild and moderately pronounced), accelerates the scarring of the stomach and intestinal ulcers, prevents recurrences of peptic ulcer and the formation of stress ulcers.
Form of issue and composition
Venter is released in the form of tablets, 50 tablets per pack (5 blisters). Tablets with instructions are placed in cardboard packaging. Another form of release is granules for the preparation of oral solution.
The main active ingredient is succalfate disaccharide. 1 tablet contains 1 g of sucralfate.
Auxiliary components: talc, corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Pharmacodynamics. Venter belongs to the group of gastroprotectors. Sucralfate interacts with proteins of necrotic mucosal tissue. As a result, a protective film is formed, which prevents subsequent destruction of the mucosa, caused by the action of pepsin, bile salts, hydrochloric acid. Also sucralfate activates the production of prostaglandins, inhibits the activity of bile salts, inhibits pepsin activity by 30%. It has weak antacid properties. Activates tissue repair and reduces scarring time, prevents relapses of peptic ulcer and the formation of stress ulcers. Reduces the absorption of phosphate in the digestive tract.
Pharmacokinetics. The degree of absorption of sucralfate is low (3 to 5%), the drug does not have a systemic effect. Output is unchanged, mainly through the intestine (90%), an insignificant part of the active component absorbed into the bloodstream is excreted by the kidneys.
Indications for use
Indications for the appointment of Venter are:
- Chronic gastritis and indigestion dyspepsia (independently);
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum (in complex therapy);
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (in complex therapy);
- Prevention of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Hyperphosphatemia in patients with uremia who are on dialysis.
Venter is not assigned to patients with:
- Severe functional impairment of kidney function;
- Dysphagia and gastrointestinal obstruction;
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Hypersensitivity to sucralfate;
- Under the age of 4 years.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken internally as a whole (not chewed, not crushed), washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. If swallowing the whole tablet causes difficulty, you can dissolve it in 100 ml of drinking water. Time of reception - one hour before meals and before bedtime.
Adults should take 0.5-1 g of the drug 4 times a day, 1 g twice a day, or 2 g twice a day.
To prevent stress ulcers, 1 g of sucralfate is recommended 6 times per day.
To prevent recurrence of peptic ulcer, 1 g twice daily is used.
The maximum daily dose should not exceed 8 g.
The duration of treatment for peptic ulcer is 4-6 weeks on average. According to the indications, the treatment can last up to 12 weeks.
Children older than 4 years are prescribed 0.5-1 g of Venter 4 times a day (at a rate of 40-80 mg per 1 kg of body weight).
Venter is well tolerated by patients. In some cases, undesirable side effects may develop:
- On the part of the digestive system - dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation (most often), gastralgia;
- From the nervous system - dizziness, headache, insomnia, drowsiness, vertigo;
- Allergic reactions - itching, skin rash, urticaria ;
- On the part of other systems - pain in the lower back, myalgia.
Overdose and intoxication of the body with sucralfate is unlikely, it can occur with prolonged intake of high doses of the drug, especially in patients with functional impairment of kidney function. It is manifested by nausea, vomiting and pain in the stomach. With a single dose exceeding and occurrence of side effects, symptomatic therapy is performed.
With a chronic overdose, it is possible to poison the body with aluminum, leading to encephalopathy (with severe intoxication - up to a lethal outcome) and osteomalacia. In such cases, the drug is canceled, microfiltration of dialysate is performed. Defferoxamine is prescribed, after application of which the plasma concentration of aluminum is increased. To reduce the concentration of aluminum in the blood plasma, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis or hemofiltration is performed.
During treatment it is important to take into account:
- Patients with hyperphosphatemia with reduced levels of phosphate in blood plasma Venter is prescribed in smaller dosages;
- In complex therapy with antacids, they should be taken half an hour before or half an hour after taking Venter;
- Patients with renal insufficiency during treatment should be monitored for phosphate and aluminum in the blood serum;
- In patients with chronic renal failure and patients on dialysis, there is a possibility of aluminum accumulation in the body;
- The occurrence of drowsiness and convulsions is a sign of the toxic effects of aluminum;
- Sucralfate can bind to certain proteins of food and medicine, so patients who are fed through a probe should enter Venter separately from food and other medications;
- Short-term treatment may contribute to complete cicatrization of the ulcer, but does not affect the frequency and severity of relapses after scarring;
- The drug does not affect the speed of reactions and concentration of attention, nevertheless, it is important to take care of patients, managers of vehicles and other mechanisms that commit other potentially hazardous activities;
- Children over 4 years of age should be administered with caution.
- In combination with indirect anticoagulants (including warfarin), their activity decreases;
- When applied simultaneously with amitriptyline, its absorption and therapeutic effect is reduced;
- When concurrent administration of sucralfate with amphotericin B, colistin sulfate, tobramycin, chelate complexes are formed, which leads to a decrease in antimicrobial activity of the drug;
- With simultaneous administration of Venter reduces the absorption of digoxin, ketoconazole, fluconazole, antimicrobial agents of the group of fluoroquinolones, tetracycline, sulpiride, phenytoin, theophylline, quinidine;
- With simultaneous admission Venter significantly reduces the effectiveness of levothyroxine;
- With simultaneous administration reduces the bioavailability of ranitidine, cimetidine, roxatidine.
Pregnancy and lactemia
During pregnancy, the drug is administered with caution, in situations where the intended benefit to the mother is greater than the potential risks to the fetus.
Venter is used with caution during lactation, breastfeeding for the duration of treatment is terminated.
Complete structural analogues of Venter with an identical active substance is the drug Sukralfat Darnitsa.
To similar on the mechanism of action of medicines are: Gastrocypin, Vis-Nol, Gastro-Norm.
Terms and conditions of storage
Venter is stored in a place protected from sunlight and moisture, inaccessible to children at a temperature of 15 ° C to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not take the pill after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Venter tablets 1g, 50 pcs. - 250-350 rub.