Venter tablets instructions for use
Venter is a gastroprotective drug that protects the mucous membrane of the digestive tract and prevents its further destruction. It is used in the treatment of inflammation of the esophagus (mild and moderate), accelerates scarring of the ulcer of the stomach and intestines, prevents recurrence of peptic ulcer and the formation of stress ulcers.
Release form and composition
Venter is produced in the form of tablets, 50 tablets per pack (5 blisters). Tablets with the instruction are placed in cardboard packing. Another form of release - granules for the preparation of oral solution.
The main active ingredient is sucralfate disaccharide. 1 tablet contains 1 g of sucralfate.
Auxiliary components: talc, corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Pharmacodynamics. Venter belongs to the gastroprotection group. Sucralfate interacts with necrotic mucosal tissue proteins. As a result, a protective film is formed that prevents the subsequent destruction of the mucous membrane caused by the action of pepsin, bile salts, and hydrochloric acid. Also sucralfat activates prostaglandin production, inhibits the activity of bile salts, inhibits pepsin activity by 30%. It has weak antacid properties. It activates tissue repair and reduces scarring time, prevents recurrence of peptic ulcer and the formation of stress ulcers. Reduces the absorption of phosphates in the digestive tract.
Pharmacokinetics. The degree of absorption of sucralfate is low (from 3 to 5%), the drug has no systemic effect. It is excreted unchanged, mainly through the intestines (90%), an insignificant part of the active ingredient absorbed into the bloodstream is excreted by the kidneys.
Indications for use
Indications for the appointment of Venter are:
- chronic gastritis and dyspepsia of non-ulcerous origin (independently);
- peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer (in complex therapy);
- gastroesophageal reflux disease (in complex therapy);
- prevention of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- hyperphosphatemia in patients with uremia who are on dialysis.
Venter is not prescribed to patients with:
- severe functional impairment of the kidneys;
- dysphagia and obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract;
- bleeding from the digestive tract;
- hypersensitivity to sucralfate;
- under the age of 4 years.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken whole inside (not chewed, not crushed), washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. If swallowing a whole pill is difficult, you can dissolve it in 100 ml of drinking water. Reception time - an hour before meals and before bedtime.
Adults are advised to take 0.5–1 g of the drug 4 times a day, 1 g twice a day, or 2 g twice a day.
To prevent stressful ulcers, it is recommended to take 1 g of sucralfate 6 times a day.
To prevent recurrence of peptic ulcer is applied 1 g twice a day.
The maximum daily dose should not exceed 8 g.
The duration of treatment for peptic ulcer averages 4-6 weeks. According to the indications, the treatment can last up to 12 weeks.
Children older than 4 years are assigned to 0.5-1 g Venter 4 times a day (at the rate of 40-80 mg per 1 kg of body weight).
Venter is well tolerated by patients. In some cases, undesirable side effects may develop:
- on the part of the digestive system - dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation (most often), gastralgia;
- on the part of the nervous system - dizziness, headache, insomnia, drowsiness, vertigo;
- allergic reactions - itching, skin rash, urticaria ;
- from other systems - back pain, myalgia.
Overdose and intoxication of the body with sucralfate is unlikely, it can occur with prolonged high doses of the drug, especially in patients with functional disorders of the kidneys. It is manifested by nausea, vomiting and pain in the stomach. When a dose is exceeded once and side effects occur, symptomatic therapy is carried out.
In case of chronic overdose, the body may be poisoned with aluminum, leading to encephalopathy (in case of severe intoxication - even death) and osteomalacia. In such cases, the drug is canceled, dialysate microfiltration is performed. Deferoxamine is administered, after which the plasma concentration of aluminum increases. To reduce the concentration of aluminum in the blood plasma, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, or hemofiltration are performed.
During treatment, it is important to take into account:
- in patients with hyperphosphatemia with a decrease in plasma phosphate content, Venter is administered in lower dosages;
- in combination therapy with antacid agents, they should be taken half an hour before or half an hour after taking Venter;
- patients with renal insufficiency during treatment should be monitored the content of phosphate and aluminum in the serum;
- in patients with chronic renal failure and patients on dialysis, there is a probability of accumulation of aluminum in the body;
- the occurrence of drowsiness and seizures is a sign of the toxic effects of aluminum;
- sucralfat can bind with certain proteins in food and medicine, therefore, patients who are fed through a probe should be given Venter separately from food and other drugs;
- short-term treatment may contribute to complete scarring of the ulcer, but does not affect the frequency and severity of relapse after scarring;
- the drug does not affect the speed of reactions and concentration of attention, however, it is important to take care of patients driving vehicles and other mechanisms that commit other potentially dangerous activities;
- children older than 4 years, the drug is prescribed with caution.
- in combination with indirect anticoagulants (including warfarin), their activity is reduced;
- with simultaneous use with amitriptyline, its absorption and therapeutic effect is reduced;
- while taking sucralfate with amphotericin B, colistin sulfate, tobramycin, chelate complexes are formed, which leads to a decrease in the antimicrobial activity of the drug;
- while taking Venter reduces the absorption of digoxin, ketoconazole, fluconazole, antimicrobial agents of the fluoroquinolone group, tetracycline, sulpiride, phenytoin, theophylline, quinidine;
- while taking Venter significantly reduces the effectiveness of levothyroxine;
- while taking it reduces the bioavailability of ranitidine, cimetidine, roxatidine.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the drug is prescribed with caution, in situations where the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risks to the fetus.
Venter is used with caution during lactation, breastfeeding at the time of treatment is stopped.
Complete structural analogues of Venter with the identical active ingredient are the drug Sucralfat Darnitsa.
The drugs similar in their mechanism of action include: Gastrocipin, Vis-Nol, Gastro-Norm.
Terms and conditions of storage
The venter is stored protected from sunlight and moisture, out of the reach of children at a temperature of 15 ° C to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not take pills after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Venter tablets 1g, 50 pcs. - 250-350 rubles.