Venitan gel instructions for use
Venitan gel is a venon-tonic medicine of plant origin for external use. It belongs to the group of angioprotectors, capillary stabilizing agents.
Release form and composition
Venitan is produced in the form of a gel for topical use, in tubes of 50 g each. The tube with the instruction is placed in a carton. Another form of release of the drug - cream for external use.
The main active ingredient is β-escin. 1 g of gel contains 10 mg of β-escin.
Auxiliary components: sodium hydroxide, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propylene glycol, carboxypolymethylene, poloxamer, purified water.
Venitan gel is an external herbal preparation with a local venotonic effect.
The active ingredient of Venitane - β-escin is a mixture of triterpene saponins, which are obtained from horse chestnut seeds. β-escin has anti-inflammatory properties (reduces inflammation primarily in the initial stages), strengthens the capillary walls and reduces their permeability. Increases the tone of the venous walls. As a result, stagnation of blood in the venous vessels and swelling (accumulation of fluid in the tissues) are reduced. In addition, β-escin has antihistamine and antiserotonin effect, inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are involved in the mechanism of the development of inflammation).
The gel is made on a heat-sensitive basis, due to which there is a gradual release of the active component of the drug.
Indications for use
Venitan gel is prescribed for local treatment:
- venous insufficiency, accompanied by a feeling of heaviness and pain in the legs, cramps in the calf muscles, swelling of the legs and skin itching;
- varicose veins;
- feeling of heaviness in the legs during pregnancy;
- feeling of heaviness in the legs that occurs in people leading a sedentary lifestyle;
- swelling of soft tissues after bruises and ligament damage;
- hematomas after injuries and infiltrates after injections / infusions.
The drug is contraindicated for use in patients with hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to the main or one of the auxiliary components of the gel.
Dosing and Administration
Venitan gel is used externally. It is applied on the inflamed foci with a thin layer 2-3 times a day, it is not rubbed. In parallel, to enhance the therapeutic effect, you can use an elastic bandage or wear compression knitwear (stockings, stockings).
The duration of the therapeutic course depends on the form and severity of the pathology, on the effectiveness of the treatment. If the condition does not improve after 2 weeks of treatment, it is better to consult a doctor. Treatment with Venitane can be continued for up to 8 weeks or until the clinical symptoms are reduced.
Venitan gel is well tolerated. In rare situations, there may be undesirable side effects - allergic reactions, manifested:
- skin rash and itching;
- burning sensation;
With the development of such symptoms should stop using the gel and consult a doctor.
Clinical data on overdose cases are not available.
When applying the gel, it is important to know:
- the drug is used with caution in patients with a tendency to thrombosis;
- gel should not be applied on damaged skin (scratches, abrasions, burns, eczema , etc.), on mucous membranes;
- the gel does not apply in the presence of purulent inflammation on the skin;
- do not massage the skin and rub the gel when applied;
- with the sudden development of severe signs of venous insufficiency (swelling, discoloration of the skin, pain, feeling of tension), it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately in order to rule out thrombosis of the lower extremities;
- gel treatment to enhance the therapeutic effect is recommended to be combined with other prophylactic / therapeutic measures (wearing compression knitwear, cold douche and rubbing the legs, light physical exertion);
- the gel should not be allowed to enter the eyes and mucous membranes, and after each use of the product, hands should be well washed;
- One of the auxiliary components of Venitane - methyl parahydroxybenzoate can cause an allergic reaction (instantaneous or delayed type, very rarely - bronchospasm), and propylene glycol provokes skin irritation.
Pharmacologic interaction of Venitana with other drugs was not observed. It is not recommended to apply the gel on areas treated with other local means.
Pregnancy and lactation, child age
The drug does not have a systemic effect on the body, which is explained by the low degree of absorption of the active substance.
However, there is no data on the safety of a remedy for a pregnant woman and the fetus, children. The drug is not recommended unless absolutely necessary to apply during pregnancy and lactation, in childhood. For this category of patients, the need for using Venitane should be determined only by a doctor.
Ability to drive vehicles and other mechanisms
The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate, therefore, has no professional limitations.
Similar preparations (with the same effect and with a similar composition) are: Fitoven gel, Venen Taiss gel, Venosal Plus gel, Herbion Esculus gel, Escuven gel.
Terms and conditions of storage
Venitan gel is stored in a place protected from sunlight, inaccessible to children. Shelf life is 2 years. You can not use the gel after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Venitan gel price
Venitan gel 1% 50g - 230-285 rubles.