Venarus instruction manual
Venarus is a venotonic preparation. Refers to a group of angioprotectors and agents that affect blood microcirculation.
Form of issue and composition
The preparation Venarus is available in the form of coated tablets. Tablets in blisters (10 or 15 pieces per blister) with the instruction are placed in a cardboard box (30 and 60 tablets per package).
The main active substances (in 1 tablet):
- Diosmin - 450 mg;
- Hesperidin - 50 mg.
Auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, talc, gelatin.
Ingredients of the shell: magnesium stearate, sodium lazuryl sulfate, polyethylene glycol 6000, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, titanium dioxide, iron oxides red and yellow.
Pharmacodynamics. Venarus is a preparation of the venotonic group. Has venotonic and angioprotective action. Two flavonoids - diosmin and hesperidin, which are part of the drug, increase the tone and reduce the dilatability of venous vessels, preventing the development of trophic ulcers. Reduce the stagnation of blood in the veins. Also, the drug helps to reduce the permeability and fragility of capillaries, increase their resistance. Improves blood microcirculation in small blood vessels and lymph drainage.
Active components of the drug inhibit the production of prostaglandins (substances that participate in the development of inflammatory reactions), which has an anti-inflammatory effect. Being antioxidants, diosmin and hesperidin neutralize the negative effect of free radicals on the vessels.
With systematic regular administration of the drug, the severity of clinical signs of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities of functional or organic origin decreases.
Pharmacokinetics. The half-life of the drug is 11 hours. It is excreted by the kidneys (with urine) and through the intestine (with feces).
Indications for use
Venarus pills are prescribed for treatment:
- Functional or organic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities, accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the legs, seizures, pain, trophic disorders;
- Acute and chronic form of hemorrhoids.
The drug is contraindicated:
- In the period of breastfeeding;
- With increased sensitivity or individual intolerance to one of the main or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken with food inside, completely, washed down with a lot of liquid.
With venous insufficiency and chronic form of hemorrhoids, the recommended dosage is 1-2 tablets per day (taken at noon and in the evening).
In acute hemorrhoids, the recommended dose for the first 4 days is 6 tablets per day, then 3 days - 4 tablets per day. The prescribed daily dose is taken in two divided doses.
The duration of the course of treatment is set by the doctor individually, depending on the indications, the form and severity of the disease, the general condition of the patient. The average duration of therapy is 3 months.
The drug is well tolerated by patients. Uncommon side effects can occur rarely:
- From the nervous system - vegetative lability, malaise, dizziness and headache, convulsions ;
- On the part of the respiratory system - a sensation of perspiration in the throat, pain in the chest;
- On the part of the digestive system - dyspeptic phenomena, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, colitis;
- Allergic reactions - skin rash and itching, allergic dermatitis, urticaria and Quincke's edema (more often eyelids, lips, face).
When developing unwanted symptoms, it is recommended to stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
Clinical data on cases of drug overdose are absent.
In the treatment of acute hemorrhoids, it is important to take into account the following points:
- The prescription of the drug does not cancel or replace other specific methods of treatment (therapy should be comprehensive);
- Treatment should not be prolonged;
- If treatment is ineffective, a proctologic examination is recommended and, based on the results obtained, a review of the therapeutic regimen is recommended.
When treating venous insufficiency, it is recommended to increase the effectiveness of therapy:
- Wearing compression linen (stocking, tights);
- Procedures for contrasting the shower for the feet;
- Adherence to a special diet;
- Light physical activity;
- Weight loss (for patients with excess weight);
- The exclusion of a long walk;
- Exclusion of prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
Data on the pharmacological interaction of the drug with other drugs are absent. It is not recommended to use tablets together with sorbents (deterioration of absorption).
Pregnancy and lactemia
When conducting clinical studies teratogenic effect of the drug is not revealed, therefore Venus can be administered to pregnant women.
The use of Venarus during breastfeeding is contraindicated, since there is no data on the isolation of the drug with breast milk.
The ability to manage vehicles and other mechanisms
The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate attention, so it has no professional limitations.
The complete structural analogue of Venarus tablets is Detralex.
Venotonizing drugs of similar action, but with a different composition, include Vasoket, Flebodia, Ginkor Fort, Ginkoum.
Terms and conditions of storage
Venarus pills are stored in a place protected from moisture and sunlight, inaccessible to children, at a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life is 2 years. Do not take the pill after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Venarus tablets 500mg, 30 pieces - 487-600 rubles.
Venarus tablets 500mg, 60 pieces - 850-1050 rub.