Venarus instructions for use
Venarus - venotonic drug. Treats group of angioprotectors and the means influencing microblood circulation.
Release form and composition
The drug Venarus is available in the form of coated tablets. Tablets in blisters (10 or 15 pieces in a blister) with the instruction are placed in a carton (30 and 60 tablets per pack).
The main active ingredients (1 tablet):
- Diosmin - 450 mg;
- hesperidin - 50 mg.
Auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, talc, gelatin.
The components that make up the shell are magnesium stearate, sodium lazuryl sulfate, polyethylene glycol 6000, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, titanium dioxide, iron oxides red and yellow.
Pharmacodynamics. Venarus is a drug of the venotonic group. It has a venotonic and angioprotective effect. Two flavanoids - diosmin and hesperidin, which are part of the preparation, increase the tone and reduce the elasticity of the venous vessels, preventing the development of trophic ulcers. Reduce blood stasis in the veins. Also, the drug helps to reduce the permeability and fragility of capillaries, increasing their resistance. It improves blood microcirculation in small blood vessels and lymph flow.
The active components of the drug inhibit the production of prostaglandins (substances involved in the development of inflammatory reactions), due to which they have an anti-inflammatory effect. Being antioxidants, diosmin and hesperidin neutralize the negative effects of free radicals on blood vessels.
With systematic regular use of the drug, the severity of clinical signs of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities of functional or organic origin decreases.
Pharmacokinetics. The half-life of the drug is 11 hours. Excreted by the kidneys (with urine) and through the intestines (with feces).
Indications for use
Venarus tablets are prescribed for the treatment of:
- functional or organic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities, accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the legs, cramps, pain, trophic disorders;
- acute and chronic hemorrhoids.
The drug is contraindicated:
- during breastfeeding;
- in case of hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of one of the main or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken while eating inside, completely washed down with plenty of liquid.
With venous insufficiency and chronic hemorrhoids, the recommended dosage is 1-2 tablets per day (taken at noon and in the evening).
In acute hemorrhoids, the recommended dose for the first 4 days is 6 tablets per day, then 3 days - 4 tablets per day. The prescribed daily dose is taken in two doses.
The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the doctor individually, depending on the evidence, the form and severity of the disease, the general condition of the patient. The average duration of therapy is 3 months.
The drug is well tolerated by patients. Rarely, undesirable side effects may occur:
- on the part of the nervous system - vegetative lability, malaise, dizziness and headache, convulsions ;
- on the part of the respiratory system - a sensation of sore throat, chest pain;
- on the part of the digestive system - dyspeptic symptoms, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, colitis;
- allergic reactions - skin rash and itching, allergic dermatitis, urticaria and angioedema (usually eyelids, lips, face).
With the development of undesirable symptoms, it is recommended to stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
Clinical data on cases of overdose of the drug are not available.
In the treatment of acute hemorrhoids, it is important to take into account the following points:
- administration of the drug does not cancel or replace other specific treatment methods (the therapy should be comprehensive);
- treatment should not be long;
- if treatment is ineffective, it is recommended to conduct a proctological study and, based on the obtained results, to review the therapeutic scheme used.
In the treatment of venous insufficiency to improve the effectiveness of therapy is recommended:
- wearing compression underwear (stockings, tights);
- procedures of a contrast shower for legs;
- adherence to a special diet;
- light exercise;
- weight loss (for overweight patients);
- elimination of long walking;
- exception of long stay in direct sunlight.
Data on the pharmacological interaction of the drug with other drugs are not available. It is not recommended to use tablets with sorbents (absorption deteriorates).
Pregnancy and lactation
When conducting clinical studies of the teratogenic effect of the drug was not detected, so Venarus can be administered to pregnant women.
The use of Venarus during breastfeeding is contraindicated, since there is no data on the release of the drug in breast milk.
Ability to drive vehicles and other mechanisms
The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate attention, therefore, has no professional limitations.
A complete structural analogue of Venarus tablets is the drug Detralex.
Vonocet, Flebodia, Ginkor Fort, Ginkoum belong to venotonic preparations of similar action, but with a different composition.
Terms and conditions of storage
Venarus tablets are stored protected from moisture and sunlight, out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life is 2 years. Do not take pills after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Venarus tablets 500mg, 30 pieces - 487-600 rubles.
Venarus tablets 500mg, 60 pcs - 850-1050 rubles.