Velmen Vitamins for Men
Velmen is a multivitamin complex for men, containing in its composition vitamins, minerals, compounds of plant origin. The composition and optimal dosage of beneficial compounds are selected based on the needs of the male body. Due to the combined composition of the drug has a complex therapeutic effect on the body.
Release form and composition
Velmen is available in the form of gelatin capsules, 30 capsules per pack. Two blisters (15 capsules each) and instructions are placed in a carton.
The main active components (1 capsule):
- Vitamin A (retinol) - 750 µg;
- beta-carotene (vitamin A provitamin) - 5 mg;
- vitamin b 1 (thiamine) - 12 mg;
- vitamin b 2 (riboflavin) - 5 mg;
- vitamin b 3 (niacin) - 20 mg;
- Vitamin B 5 (calcium pantothenate) - 10 mg;
- vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine) - 9 mg;
- vitamin B 7 (biotin) - 50 µg;
- vitamin B 9 (folic acid) - 500 mcg;
- vitamin B 12 (cyanocobalamin) - 9 mg;
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - 60 mg;
- Vitamin D 3 (cholecalciferol) - 5 µg;
- vitamin E (tocopherol) - 20 mg;
- para-aminobenzoic acid - 20 mg;
- arginine - 20 mg;
- methionine - 20 mg;
- iodine - 150 mcg;
- selenium - 150 mcg;
- magnesium - 50 mg;
- chromium - 50 μg;
- zinc - 15 mg;
- silicon - 10 mg;
- iron - 6 mg;
- manganese - 3 mg;
- copper 1.5 mg;
- bioflavonoids - 10 mg;
- garlic powder - 20 mg;
- ginseng root extract - 20 mg.
Pharmacological action of the vitamin complex due to its composition. The drug is used to eliminate the negative effects of adverse environmental factors, improper unbalanced diet and stress. Contributes to the saturation of the body with the most important compounds involved in the life processes of the whole organism. Also, the complex is recommended to take to maintain and strengthen the immune system in case of long-lasting, hard-going diseases.
Vitamins and minerals:
- normalize fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism;
- improve the work of the musculoskeletal system, digestive, cardiovascular and nervous, reproductive systems;
- strengthen the immune system and increase the body's resistance to the harmful effects of external factors;
- help to recuperate with a general fatigue and exhaustion of the body.
Ginseng root extract has a tonic effect, accelerates the elimination of toxins from the body, normalizes the level of cholesterol and glucose in the blood. Regulates the work of the endocrine glands, stabilizes the pressure. Garlic improves lipid metabolism. Bioflavonoids accelerate redox reactions in the body.
Indications for use
Velmen is used in conditions involving a deficiency of vitamins and microelements in the body in men, in order to speed up the recovery of the body after past diseases. Indications:
- asthenia of different nature;
- increased / prolonged physical and mental stress;
- regular athletic activity;
- memory disorders;
- general weakness, avitaminosis;
- dizziness and headache, tinnitus on the background of cerebrovascular disorders (especially in the elderly);
- adverse effects of external environmental factors (environmental conditions, unbalanced nutrition, bad habits);
- postponed long-term, severe diseases;
- transferred operations;
- during or after chemotherapy.
Velmen is contraindicated in:
- sleep disorders;
- severe nervous excitability;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- taking tonic medicines at the same time;
- simultaneous use of drugs with the same composition.
Dosing and Administration
Capsules are taken during or after eating the whole, washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. The drug is taken 1 capsule per day. The full therapeutic course lasts from 20 to 30 days. After a break of 1-3 months, the course can be repeated.
The vitamin complex Velmen is well tolerated by patients. In some cases, there may be undesirable side effects, manifested by the development of allergic reactions - urticaria, pruritus.
With an overdose of the drug may be an excess of vitamins A, D, B 6 , iron. An overdose of vitamin A is accompanied by fatigue and headache, alopecia, impaired visual function, gastralgia and diarrhea, vomiting, anemia.
With an overdose of vitamin D, there is a feeling of thirst and headache, vomiting, polyuria, tissue calcification, nephrocalcinosis, and nephrorolithiasis.
Excess vitamin B 6 causes neuropathy, ataxia.
When excess iron occurs, nausea and vomiting, erosion and ulcers of the mucous membranes of the digestive tract organs are formed.
To eliminate the symptoms of an overdose, it is necessary to remove the drug and prescribe a means of symptomatic therapy. When vitamin D is abundant, glucocorticosteroids are used, electrolyte solutions are introduced in large quantities (to restore water and mineral balance), it is recommended that you follow a diet with the exception of foods containing large amounts of calcium. When an excess amount of iron is ingested, gastric lavage is performed and deferoxamine is injected.
During the use of Velmen capsules, it is important to know the following points:
- do not exceed recommended doses;
- during the reception of Velmen, the stool may turn black (due to the presence of iron in the preparation);
- urine can be painted in bright yellow color (due to the presence of riboflavin in the composition);
- If laboratory tests are required (urine, blood for glucose, creatinine, uric acid, inorganic phosphates), it is required to stop taking the drug several days before the test, because ascorbic acid affects the laboratory parameters.
- capsules are not taken in conjunction with other vitamin-mineral and herbal complexes;
- Velmen is not taken in conjunction with other tonics;
- iron and calcium contained in the vitamin complex, slow down the absorption of tetracycline and fluoroquinolone antibiotics;
- Vitamin C increases the therapeutic effect and severity of side effects of drugs of the sulfonamide group (crystals may appear in the urine);
- vitamin C slows down the elimination of barbiturates, anti-inflammatory drugs;
- antiacid preparations with aluminum, magnesium, calcium in the composition reduce the absorption of iron;
- Kolestiramin reduces iron absorption;
- with simultaneous use of the vitamin complex and diuretics of the thiazide group, the probability of hypercalcemia increases;
- when taken simultaneously with antiepileptic drugs, folic acid absorption is impaired, the metabolism of cholecalciferol is slowed down;
- hormonal contraceptives help to increase the concentration of vitamins A and C in the blood, reduce the content of folic acid.
Velmen and taxes
There are no complete structural analogues of Welman (drugs with identical composition). Similar in action drugs are multivitamins: Supradin, Vitrum, Gerimaks, Aerovit with ginseng, Vitamaks, Revalid and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
Velmen's vitamins are stored out of the reach of children, protected from moisture and sunlight at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not take capsules after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Velmen capsules, 30 pieces - 470-560 rub.