Velmen vitamins for men
Velmen - multivitamin complex for men, which contains vitamins, minerals, compounds of plant origin. The composition and optimal dosages of useful compounds are selected based on the needs of the male body. Due to the combined composition, the drug has a complex therapeutic effect on the body.
Form of issue and composition
Velmen is available in the form of gelatin capsules, 30 capsules per package. Two blisters (15 capsules each) and the instruction are placed in a cardboard box.
The main active ingredients (in 1 capsule):
- vitamin A (retinol) - 750 mcg;
- beta-carotene (vitamin A provitamin) - 5 mg;
- vitamin B 1 (thiamine) - 12 mg;
- vitamin B 2 (riboflavin) - 5 mg;
- vitamin B 3 (niacin) - 20 mg;
- vitamin B 5 (calcium pantothenate) - 10 mg;
- vitamin B 6 (pyridoxine) - 9 mg;
- vitamin B 7 (biotin) - 50 mcg;
- vitamin B 9 (folic acid) - 500 mcg;
- vitamin B 12 (cyanocobalamin) - 9 mcg;
- vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - 60 mg;
- vitamin D 3 (cholecalciferol) - 5 mcg;
- vitamin E (tocopherol) - 20 mg;
- Paraaminobenzoic acid 20 mg;
- arginine - 20 mg;
- methionine - 20 mg;
- iodine - 150 mcg;
- selenium - 150 mcg;
- magnesium - 50 mg;
- chromium - 50 mcg;
- zinc - 15 mg;
- silicon - 10 mg;
- iron - 6 mg;
- manganese - 3 mg;
- copper - 1.5 mg;
- bioflavonoids - 10 mg;
- garlic powder - 20 mg;
- extract of ginseng root - 20 mg.
The pharmacological action of the vitamin complex is due to its composition. The drug is used to eliminate the negative impact of adverse environmental factors, improper unbalanced nutrition and stress. Promotes the saturation of the body with the most important compounds that take part in the processes of vital activity of the whole organism. Also, the complex is recommended to take to maintain and strengthen the immune system in case of prolonged, seriously occurring diseases.
Vitamins and minerals:
- normalize fatty, protein and carbohydrate metabolism;
- improve the work of the musculoskeletal system, digestive, cardiovascular and nervous, reproductive systems;
- strengthen immunity and increase the body's resistance to harmful external factors;
- help restore strength with general exhaustion and exhaustion of the body.
The extract of the ginseng root exerts a tonic effect, accelerates the elimination of toxins from the body, normalizes the level of cholesterol and glucose in the blood. Regulates the work of the endocrine glands, stabilizes the pressure. Garlic improves lipid metabolism. Bioflavonoids accelerate oxidation-reduction reactions in the body.
Indications for use
Velmen is used for conditions accompanied by a deficiency of vitamins and trace elements in the body in men, to accelerate the recovery of the organism after the diseases. Indications:
- asthenia of different nature;
- increased / prolonged physical and mental stress;
- regular sports loads;
- memory disorders;
- general weakness, beriberi;
- dizziness and headache, tinnitus on the background of cerebrovascular disorders (especially in the elderly);
- adverse effects of external environmental factors (environmental conditions, unbalanced nutrition, bad habits);
- suffered long-term, seriously leaking diseases;
- transferred operations;
- during or after chemotherapy.
Velmen is contraindicated in:
- sleep disorders;
- marked nervous excitability;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- simultaneous reception of tonic drugs;
- simultaneous use of drugs with a similar composition.
Dosing and Administration
Capsules are taken during or after meals in full, washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. The drug is taken 1 capsule per day. A full therapeutic course lasts from 20 to 30 days. After a break of 1-3 months, the course can be repeated.
Vitamin complex is well tolerated by patients. In some cases, unwanted side effects can occur, manifested by the development of allergic reactions - urticaria, skin itching.
In case of an overdose of the drug, there may be an overabundance of vitamins A, D, B 6 , iron. An overdose of vitamin A is accompanied by fatigue and headache, alopecia, impaired visual function, gastralgia and diarrhea, vomiting, anemia.
When an overdose of vitamin D, thirst and headache, vomiting, polyuria, calcification of tissues, nephrocalcinosis, nephrourolythiasis are noted.
Excess of vitamin B6 causes neuropathy, ataxia.
With an overabundance of iron, nausea and vomiting occur, erosions and ulcers of the mucous membranes of the digestive tract are formed.
To eliminate the symptoms of an overdose, it is necessary to cancel the drug and prescribe the means of symptomatic therapy. With an overabundance of vitamin D, glucocorticosteroids are used, electrolyte solutions are introduced in large quantities (to restore the water and mineral balance), it is recommended that the diet be maintained with the exception of products containing large amounts of calcium. When entering an excess of iron in the body, the stomach is washed, deferoxamine is injected.
During the application of Velmen capsules, it is important to know the following points:
- do not exceed the recommended dose;
- during the reception of Velmen, the stool can be painted black (due to the presence of iron in the composition of the preparation);
- urine can be colored in a bright yellow color (due to the presence of riboflavin);
- If you need to undergo laboratory tests (urine tests, blood tests for glucose, creatinine, uric acid, inorganic phosphates), you must stop taking the drug a few days before the test date, because ascorbic acid affects laboratory performance.
- capsules are not taken together with other vitamin-mineral and plant complexes;
- Velmen is not taken together with other tonic agents;
- iron and calcium contained in the vitamin complex, slow the absorption of tetracycline and fluoroquinolone antibiotics;
- vitamin C increases the therapeutic effect and severity of side effects of drugs of the sulfanilamides group (possibly the appearance of crystals in the urine);
- Vitamin C slows the excretion of barbiturates, anti-inflammatory drugs;
- antacid preparations with aluminum, magnesium, calcium in the composition reduce the absorption of iron;
- colestyramine reduces iron absorption;
- with the simultaneous use of the vitamin complex and diuretics of the thiazide group, the likelihood of hypercalcemia increases;
- with the simultaneous administration of antiepileptic drugs violated the absorption of folic acid, slowed metabolism of cholecalciferol;
- hormonal contraceptives help increase the concentration of vitamins A and C in the blood, reduce the content of folic acid.
There are no complete structural analogues of Velmen (preparations with identical composition). Similar in effect to the drugs are multivitamins: Supradin, Vitrum, Gerimax, Aerovit with ginseng, Vitamax, Revalid and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
Vitamin Vitamin is stored out of reach of children, protected from moisture and sunlight, at a temperature of up to 25 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years. Do not take the capsule after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Velmen capsules, 30 pieces - 470-560 rubles.