Vazonit instructions for use
- Vazonit instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Contraindications to use
- Dosage and administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- special instructions
- Conditions of storage and release of the drug
- Vazonit price
The drug Vazonit is a drug from the group of peripheral vasodilators, the therapeutic effect of which is aimed at improving blood circulation in the vessels.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Vazonit comes in the form of tablets for oral administration. Tablets of white color, oblong white color with a horizontal strip on both sides. The product is packed in a cardboard box, each contains 2 blisters of 10 pieces.
The main active ingredient of the drug is pentoxifylline. Each tablet contains 600 mg of the active ingredient. Also in the composition of the drug auxiliary components - magnesium sterate, cellulose, silicon dioxide.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
When the pill is taken orally, the blood circulation in the areas of its violation is improved in patients. Due to the direct effect of the main substance of the drug on erythrocytes, blood flow improves, stagnant processes in the veins are reduced, and platelet and erythrocyte aggregation decreases. Many patients noted that during treatment with the preparation, the veins of the legs in the legs with predisposition or revealed varicose veins improved, the feeling of heaviness and "nakedness" in the calf muscles disappeared, the walking distance increased. In addition, the active ingredients of the drug are aimed at improving microcirculation in the vessels of the brain, which is especially important for patients with atherosclerosis, ischemia or a genetic predisposition to brain strokes as a result of insufficient intake of oxygen and nutrients in any source.
Indications for use
Vazonit tablets prescribed to patients for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Peripheral circulation disorders - angiopathy on the background of diabetes mellitus, Raynaud's disease, endartritis obliterans;
- Insufficient blood supply to some parts of the brain, as a result of which ischemic stroke may develop;
- Atherosclerosis of large blood vessels;
- Trophic ulcers;
- The progression of varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- Hearing loss resulting from circulatory disorders;
- Circulatory disorders in the eye.
Contraindications to use
According to the instructions, this drug is not prescribed to patients in the presence of such conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Retinal hemorrhage;
- Hemorrhagic stroke;
- Acute myocardial infarction.
Dosage and administration
The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment is determined by the doctor strictly individually for each patient. It directly depends on the diagnosis, the severity of the symptoms of the disease, the presence of comorbidities and a number of other important factors.
According to the instructions for the drug, Vazonit tablets are prescribed to adult patients at the rate of 1 twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. The pill should be taken immediately after a meal, without chewing, with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
This drug is not prescribed to women in the period of carrying a child. In medicine, there is no reliable data on the safety of the influence of the active substance of the tablets on the fetus.
If necessary, the use of tablets Vazonit during breastfeeding lactation process is recommended to stop.
At exact observance of a dosage of a drug, Vazonit tablets are well tolerated by patients. With individual hypersensitivity to the drug during treatment may develop the following side effects:
- On the part of the nervous system - headaches, insomnia, emotional instability;
- On the part of the digestive canal organs - nausea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, feeling of fullness in the stomach, diarrhea, vomiting;
- Allergic reactions - a rash on the skin, redness, itching, in rare cases it is possible the development of anaphylactic shock or urticaria.
On the background of drug therapy, the clinical blood picture may change, in particular, the patient has a decrease in the number of platelets and aplastic anemia.
With a significant excess of the recommended daily dose or uncontrolled long-term use of Vazonit tablets, a patient may develop symptoms of overdose, which manifest as follows:
- Severe nausea and vomiting in the form of "coffee grounds", which indicates the development of gastric bleeding;
- Heart rhythm disorder;
- Impaired reflexes;
- Increased body temperature, chills of the patient;
- In rare cases, the development of seizures;
- Reduced blood pressure.
With the development of such symptoms, the patient must be taken to hospital. Treatment of symptomatic overdose, the patient must wash the stomach. There is no specific antidote.
This drug is prescribed with caution to patients with low blood pressure or a tendency to orthostatic hypotension.
For cerebral atherosclerosis, accompanied by a persistent increase in blood pressure, this drug should be used only under the supervision of a doctor in the minimum effective therapeutic doses.
With particular care, Vazonit tablets are prescribed to patients with heart rhythm disorders or heart failure.
Patients diagnosed with gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer should take this drug strictly under the supervision of a specialist in the minimum effective dosage.
Patients who have recently undergone surgery, the drug is prescribed with caution because of the high risk of postoperative bleeding.
While taking the pills, the patient should daily monitor blood pressure and heart rate. Periodically, patients must undergo blood tests to evaluate its clinical picture.
Conditions of storage and release of the drug
This drug is dispensed in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription. The shelf life of the drug is 5 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the package. Tablets should be kept out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
The cost of the drug Vazonit 600 mg in pharmacies in Moscow on average is 360-370 rubles per pack of 20 tablets.