Vasocardin instructions for use
- Vasocardin instructions for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Dosing and Administration
- Side effects
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- special instructions
- Conditions of dispensing and storage of the drug
- Vazocardine price
Vazocardin is a drug whose therapeutic effect is aimed at reducing blood pressure, eliminating the symptoms of arrhythmia and cardiac dysfunction.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vazocardin is available in the form of tablets intended for oral administration. Tablets are round flat in appearance, white or slightly yellowish in color, with a horizontal strip in the middle. The drug is produced in blisters of 10 pieces, in a carton pack is placed on 2 or 5 blisters.
Each tablet contains active ingredient metoprolol tartrate in an amount of 50 or 100 mg, as well as auxiliary components - starch, silicon dioxide, povidone, calcium stearate, cellulose.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
When taking the pills inside, lowering blood pressure is observed for 15 minutes, the duration of the therapeutic effect of the drug is maintained for 6 hours. Patients report a persistent drop in blood pressure only a month after the start of therapy.
With regular use of the drug, angina, dyspnea, chest pain, tachycardia disappear in patients, and biochemical blood test parameters improve.
Indications for use
Vazocardine tablets are prescribed to patients in the presence of such conditions:
- As part of complex therapy for hypertension;
- Myocardial infarction as part of complex therapy in patients at risk;
- Angina pectoris ;
- Cardiac ischemia;
- Violations of the cardiovascular system - tachycardia, shortness of breath, chest pain;
- As part of complex therapy for hyperthyroidism;
- Ventricular extrasystole or supraventricular tachycardia;
- As a prophylactic for migraine headaches.
Contraindications for use
According to the instructions for the drug, Vasocardin is not allowed to be administered to patients with such conditions:
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Myocardial infarction in acute phase;
- Syndrome of weakness of the sinus node;
- Expressed violations of peripheral circulation;
- Sinus bradycardia - heart rate is no more than 50 beats per minute;
- Chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation;
- Pronounced arterial hypotension;
- Lactose intolerance;
- Individual intolerance to the active ingredients of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets Vasocardin is taken orally during meals, with plenty of liquid. It is advisable to swallow the whole tablet without chewing.
Depending on the diagnosis, the patient's body weight, the presence of concomitant pathologies, the daily dose of the drug for each patient is individual and is selected only by the doctor.
According to the instructions for hypertension, tablets are prescribed 50-100 mg twice a day. If necessary, this dose can be increased to 200 mg per day, but only with the permission of a specialist.
In cases of thyroid gland disorders, in particular hyperthyroidism, patients are shown 150-200 mg per day. This dose is divided into 3-4 doses.
For prevention of migraine, attacks of angina or cardiac arrhythmia, the patient is prescribed 100-200 mg of the drug per day, which is divided into 2 divided doses.
In order to prevent recurrent myocardial infarction tablets are prescribed to the patient at the rate of 100-200 mg per day for 2 doses.
With the patient's violations in the liver or kidneys, the daily dose of the drug is adjusted individually by the doctor.
In most cases, Vasocardine tablets are well tolerated by patients, but with increased individual sensitivity, the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the nervous system - increased fatigue, headaches, cramps , impaired consciousness, anxiety, depression, depression, confusion, temporary memory dips, hallucinations;
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - a marked decrease in blood pressure, palpitations, bradycardia, cardiogenic shock in patients with myocardial infarction, dyspnea, edema of the lower extremities on the background of cardiac dysfunction;
- On the part of the respiratory system - nasal congestion, difficulty with breathing, runny nose, in rare cases, bronchospasm;
- On the part of the blood test - reducing the number of platelets, reducing the number of leukocytes;
- On the part of the organs of the digestive canal - nausea, vomiting, pain in the epigastric region, pain in the right hypochondrium, diarrhea or constipation, liver enlargement, dry mouth, taste change;
- Reduction of visual acuity, dryness of the mucous membrane of the eyes, sensation of a foreign body in the eye;
- Muscle aches, body aches;
- Rashes on the skin, itching, redness, hives ;
- Decreased sex drive, a slight increase in body weight.
When the drug is overdosed, the first clinical symptoms of this condition appear only 20 minutes after taking the tablets. Typically, the symptoms of overdose include the following:
- Violation of the heart rhythm;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Cyanosis of the extremities;
- Fainting condition, development of collapse.
With a severe drug overdose, the patient may develop acute heart failure and cardiogenic shock. If you do not provide medical help in a timely manner, the patient is depressed with respiratory function, including stopping breathing, developing a coma, stopping the heart.
Overdose is treated with gastric lavage, after which the patient is injected with sorbents. Symptomatic therapy is also indicated.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
Studies have shown that the active ingredients of the drug do not have a teratogenic effect on the fetus, but the use of Vazocardina during the period of gestation can lead to a delay in fetal development, slowing down the heart rate in the child, and lowering the glucose level in his blood. That is why this drug is not recommended for the treatment of women during pregnancy.
During breastfeeding, Vasocardine tablets are not prescribed, as there is no reliable evidence that the active ingredients do not penetrate the mother's milk, and then into the baby's body. If it is necessary to use this medication during lactation, the question of stopping breastfeeding should be resolved.
During the period of therapy with this drug, the patient is monitored daily for heart rate (well, if the doctor will teach the patient how to calculate it correctly). With bradycardia (heart rate less than 50 beats per minute), the patient should urgently consult a doctor.
In addition, the patient is regularly monitored for blood pressure, blood glucose.
It is important to understand that if the patient smokes, the therapeutic effect of this drug is significantly reduced, which should also be taken into account.
When identifying a patient with chronic heart failure, Vazocardina tablets can be prescribed only in the event of decompensation. Treatment with the drug is canceled gradually, daily reducing the daily dose. This period takes at least 10 days, otherwise the patient develops withdrawal syndrome, which is accompanied by increased blood pressure and angina attacks.
Patients who wear contact lenses should be aware that during treatment with the drug, slight dryness of the mucous membranes of the eyes can be observed, as a result of which they will experience inconvenience.
This drug is strictly contraindicated in patients with thyrotoxicosis, as this can lead to the progression of the disease.
If the patient has chronic lung and bronchial diseases, which are accompanied by frequent obstructions and breathing disorders, bronchial asthma and other pathologies of the respiratory tract, therapy with the drug is only possible in a minimally effective dosage, provided that no other antihypertensive drugs have had the desired effect.
The drug is administered with caution to patients with depression. In case of aggravation of psychoemotional state against the background of taking Vazocardine tablets, therapy is immediately canceled and another effective remedy is selected.
Older patients may need a dose adjustment. In addition, during the reception of tablets it is important to constantly monitor the heart rate, blood pressure, liver function, blood tests and overall health of the patient.
At the initial stage of treatment with the drug, patients can note a slight weakness, rapid fatigue and mild dizziness. These conditions are normal and do not require the abolition of therapy.
During treatment, Vasocardine should abandon the driving of vehicles and the management of complex mechanisms that require increased concentration of attention and quick response.
The drug with particular caution is prescribed for patients with a history of allergic histories.
Conditions of dispensing and storage of the drug
Vazocardin tablets are dispensed in pharmacies according to the prescription of the treating doctor. The drug should be stored out of reach of children at a temperature of not more than 20 degrees. Shelf life of the medicine is 2 years from the date of manufacture, indicated on the package. After this period, tablets should not be taken orally.
The average cost of tablets Vazocardin in pharmacies in Moscow is 72-75 rubles for a package of 50 pieces.