Vazocardin instructions for use
- Vazocardin instructions for use
Vazokardin is a drug whose therapeutic effect is aimed at reducing blood pressure, eliminating the symptoms of arrhythmia and disorders of the heart.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Vazokardin comes in the form of tablets intended for oral administration. Tablets are round flat in appearance, white or slightly yellowish in color, with a horizontal strip in the middle. The drug is available in blisters of 10 pieces, in a carton to fit 2 or 5 blisters.
Each tablet contains the active substance metoprolol tartrate in the amount of 50 or 100 mg, as well as auxiliary components - starch, silica, povidone, calcium stearate, cellulose.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
When you take a pill inside the decrease in blood pressure has been observed for 15 minutes, the duration of the therapeutic effect of the drug lasts for 6 hours. Patients notice a persistent decrease in blood pressure only a month after the start of therapy.
With regular use of the drug, patients with angina pectoris, shortness of breath, chest pain, tachycardia disappear, and the indicators of biochemical blood analysis improve.
Indications for use
Vazokardin tablets prescribed to patients in the presence of such conditions:
- As part of complex therapy for arterial hypertension;
- Myocardial infarction as part of complex therapy in patients at risk;
- Angina pectoris ;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Violations of the cardiovascular system - tachycardia, shortness of breath, pain in the chest;
- As part of complex therapy for hyperthyroidism;
- Ventricular extrasystole or supraventricular tachycardia;
- As a prophylactic agent for migraine straps.
According to the instructions for the drug Vazokardin prohibited to appoint patients with these conditions:
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Myocardial infarction in the acute phase;
- Sick sinus syndrome;
- Severe peripheral circulatory disorders;
- Sinus bradycardia - heart rate is not more than 50 beats per minute;
- Chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation;
- Severe arterial hypotension;
- Lactose intolerance;
- Individual intolerance to the active ingredients of the drug.
Dosage and administration
Vazokardin tablets are taken orally during a meal, squeezed with a sufficient amount of liquid. It is advisable to swallow the tablet whole, without chewing.
Depending on the diagnosis, the patient's body weight, the presence of comorbidities, the daily dose of the drug for each patient is individual and is selected only by a doctor.
According to the instructions for hypertension, tablets are prescribed in 50-100 mg twice a day. If necessary, this dose can be increased to 200 mg per day, but only with the permission of a specialist.
For violations of the thyroid gland, in particular hyperthyroidism, patients are shown 150-200 mg of the drug per day. This dose is divided into 3-4 doses.
For the prevention of migraine, strokes or cardiac arrhythmias, the patient is prescribed 100-200 mg of the drug per day, which is divided into 2 doses.
In order to prevent recurrent myocardial infarction, tablets are prescribed to the patient at the rate of 100-200 mg per day for 2 doses.
When there are abnormalities in the work of the liver or kidney, the daily dose of the drug is adjusted individually by a doctor.
In most cases, Vazokardin tablets are well tolerated by patients, but with increased individual sensitivity, the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the nervous system - fatigue, headaches, convulsions , impaired consciousness, anxiety, depression, depression of consciousness, lethargy, temporary memory lapses, hallucinations;
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - a pronounced decrease in blood pressure, increased heart rate, bradycardia, cardiogenic shock in patients with myocardial infarction, shortness of breath, swelling of the lower extremities on the background of a violation of the heart;
- On the part of the respiratory system - nasal congestion, breathing difficulties, runny nose, in rare cases, bronchospasm;
- From the side of blood test indicators, a reduction in the number of platelets, a decrease in the number of leukocytes;
- On the part of the digestive canal - nausea, vomiting, pain in the epigastric region, pain in the right hypochondrium, diarrhea or constipation, enlarged liver, dry mouth, and a change in taste;
- Decreased visual acuity, dryness of the mucous membrane of the eyes, foreign body sensation in the eye;
- Muscle aches, body aches;
- Skin rash, itching, redness, urticaria ;
- Reduced sexual desire, a slight increase in body weight.
With an overdose of the drug, the first clinical symptoms of this condition appear within 20 minutes after taking the pills. As a rule, the following can be attributed to the symptoms of overdose:
- Heart rhythm disorder;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Cyanosis of the limbs;
- Fainting, development of collapse.
With a strong drug overdose, the patient may develop acute heart failure and cardiogenic shock. If you do not provide medical care in a timely manner, then the patient has a depression of the respiratory function, including the cessation of breathing, the development of coma, cardiac arrest.
Overdose is treated by gastric lavage, after which the patient is injected with sorbents. Symptomatic therapy is also indicated.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
Studies have shown that the active ingredients of the drug do not have a teratogenic effect on the fetus, however, the use of Vazocardine during the child's pregnancy can lead to a delay in intrauterine development of the fetus, slowing the heart rate of the child, reducing the level of glucose in his blood. That is why this drug is not recommended for the treatment of women during pregnancy.
During breastfeeding, Vazocardine tablets are not prescribed, since there is no reliable evidence that the active ingredients do not penetrate into the mother’s milk and then into the baby’s body. If necessary, the use of this medication during lactation should decide on the termination of breastfeeding.
During the period of therapy with this drug, the patient is monitored daily for the heart rate (well, if the doctor teaches the patient how to calculate it correctly). For bradycardia (heart rate less than 50 beats per minute), the patient should immediately consult a doctor.
In addition, the patient is regularly monitored for blood pressure, blood glucose levels.
It is important to understand that if a patient smokes, the therapeutic effect of this drug is significantly reduced, which should also be considered.
If a patient’s chronic heart failure is detected, the Vazocardine tablet can be prescribed only if decompensation occurs. Drug treatment is canceled gradually, daily reducing the daily dose. This period takes at least 10 days, otherwise the patient develops withdrawal syndrome, which is accompanied by an increase in blood pressure and angina attacks.
Patients who wear contact lenses should be aware that slight dryness of the mucous membranes of the eyes may be observed during drug therapy, as a result of which they will experience discomfort.
This drug is strictly contraindicated in patients with thyrotoxicosis, as this may lead to the progression of the disease.
With chronic lung and bronchus diseases identified in the patient, accompanied by frequent obstruction and respiratory failure, bronchial asthma and other respiratory tract pathologies, drug therapy is possible only in the minimum effective dosage, provided that no other antihypertensive drugs have had the desired effect.
The drug is prescribed with caution to patients suffering from depression. In the case of worsening of the psycho-emotional state while taking Vazocardin tablets, the therapy is immediately canceled and another effective remedy is selected.
Elderly patients may require dose adjustment of the drug. In addition, it is important to constantly monitor heart rate, blood pressure, liver function, blood tests and the general well-being of the patient during the pill period.
At the initial stage of drug treatment, patients may experience slight weakness, fatigue and slight dizziness. These conditions are normal and do not require discontinuation of therapy.
During treatment with Vazokardin, it is necessary to refuse to drive vehicles and control complex mechanisms that require increased concentration and responsiveness.
The drug is prescribed with particular caution to patients with a burdened allergic history.
Conditions of release and storage of the drug
Vazokardin tablets are available in pharmacies by prescription of the attending physician. The drug should be stored out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 20 degrees. The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of manufacture indicated on the package. After this period, the tablets can not be taken orally.
The average cost of Vazokardin tablets in pharmacies in Moscow is 72-75 rubles per pack of 50 pieces.