Vazobral instruction for use
- Vazobral instruction for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects and drug overdose
- Interaction with other medicinal products
- Storage conditions for the preparation
- Vazobral price
The drug Vazobral is a drug whose therapeutic effect is aimed at improving the cerebral and peripheral circulation.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vazobral is available in the form of tablets in blisters for 10 pieces. Tablets are flat in appearance, almost white with a horizontal strip on one side. Each tablet has active ingredients - caffeine 40 mg and alpha-dihydroergocriptine mesylate 4 mg, as well as auxiliary components - magnesium stearate, lactose, cellulose, silicon dioxide.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
Vasobral tablets are a complex combination drug. Active active substances included in the preparation have a beneficial effect on central nervous system receptors. Against the background of taking this drug in patients, there is a decrease in the adhesion of platelets and erythrocytes with each other, a decrease in the permeability of the vascular wall, improvement of blood circulation and metabolic processes in the brain. Thanks to the therapeutic effect of the drug, more oxygen and nutrients are supplied to the brain tissues, thereby increasing the concentration of the patient and working capacity. Reviews of patients taking this medication confirmed that the tablets have a preventive effect on migraines.
Indications for use
According to the instructions Vazobral in the form of tablets is prescribed to patients for treatment and prevention of such conditions:
- Insufficiency of blood circulation in the vessels, due to which the brain receives less oxygen and nutrients (often this condition is due to progressive atherosclerosis);
- Violations from the vestibular apparatus - ringing and noise in the ears, dizziness, decreased severity of hearing;
- Retinopathy due to persistent increase in blood pressure or progression of diabetes mellitus;
- Venous insufficiency;
- Raynaud's disease;
- Rehabilitation period after ischemic stroke;
- Ménière's disease;
- Reducing concentration, rapid fatigue and memory impairment as a result of inadequate supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain.
This drug is also prescribed to the patient as a prophylactic treatment for migraine attacks.
This drug is not prescribed to patients who have intolerance to any component of the drug, and also with particular caution are prescribed to patients with intolerance to lactose.
Method of administration and dosage
Vasobral tablets are taken orally during meals 2 times a day. The tablet is not recommended to chew, but immediately swallow, squeezed with enough liquid.
Depending on the indications and individual characteristics of the patient's body, a single, minimal effective dose can be ½ or 1 tablet. The duration of the course of therapy is determined by the doctor, depending on the diagnosis and a number of other factors. According to the instructions to the drug, this drug should be taken about 2-3 months, after which they take a break and, if necessary, repeat the course.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there is no precise data on the safety of the effects of the components of the drug on the fetus, therefore, in the first trimester of pregnancy, Vasobral tablets are not prescribed for treatment of women.
In the second and third trimesters, therapy with this drug is possible when the expected benefit for the expectant mother will be greater than the possible harm to the fetus. A woman who takes this medication should be under constant medical supervision and with the development of negative symptoms or side effects cancel therapy.
The use of Vasobrail during breastfeeding, according to research, led to a slight decrease in the production of breast milk from a woman.
Side effects and drug overdose
In most cases, this drug is normally tolerated by patients, but with an increase in the recommended dose or with individual hypersensitivity, the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the organs of the digestive canal - pain in the stomach, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, flatulence;
- From the nervous system - dizziness and headaches, psychoemotional overexcitation, insomnia;
- From the heart and blood vessels - a decrease in blood pressure, heartbeat;
- Allergic reactions to the skin - rash, itching, redness.
Interaction with other medicinal products
With the simultaneous use of the drug with antihypertensive agents, a significant reduction in blood pressure is possible.
The composition of tablets includes caffeine, so during the passage of the course of therapy should be careful and try not to drink coffee and caffeinated beverages, as this can lead to the development of severe tachycardia and weakness.
The active substances of the drug have a vasodilating effect, while not affecting the indices of blood pressure.
The active ingredients of Vasobrail in the form of tablets do not inhibit the work of the central nervous system and therefore can be used by patients who are forced to drive a car or operate complex mechanisms that require rapid response.
Storage conditions for the preparation
This drug is dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription from a doctor. Shelf life of Vasobral tablets is 4 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the package. After the expiry date, the medication should not be taken orally. Keep the drug in a cool dark place out of the reach of children.
The average cost of Vazobral in pharmacies in Moscow is 890-1100 rubles.