Wazilip instructions for use
- Wazilip instructions for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Application of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects
- An overdose of the drug
- special instructions
- Conditions of storage and leave
- Wazilip price
Vasilip is a drug, the therapeutic effect of which is aimed at lowering the level of lipids in the blood.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vazilip is available in the form of tablets coated with a special film coating with a dosage of the main active substance - 10,20 and 40 mg. The active ingredient of the drug is simvastatin, and the tablet contains a number of auxiliary components - starch, lactose, ascorbic acid, magnesium stearate and others.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
Tablets are intended for oral administration. After entering the gastrointestinal tract, the active substance of the drug is absorbed by the mucous membranes into the bloodstream.
Tablets have a pronounced hypolipidemic effect, that is, lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. Patients with atherosclerosis and high blood pressure on the background of this marked a significant improvement in their condition after a course of therapy with this drug.
Long-term use of the drug has a beneficial effect on the condition of large blood vessels, improves the heart, prevents the risk of developing myocardial infarction or ischemic stroke of the brain.
Indications for use
Tablets Vazilip prescribed to patients for treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Increased cholesterol in the blood;
- Atherosclerosis of large arteries, as a result of which blood supply of vital organs and systems worsens;
- Preventing the development of heart attacks and strokes in people at risk - overweight patients, people with a predominant carbohydrate diet and excessively fatty foods, patients with a genetic predisposition to hypercholesterolemia;
- Prevention of repeated infarctions and ischemic strokes in patients with severe atherosclerosis or diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications for use
This drug according to the instructions is contraindicated for oral administration if the patient has such conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Severe liver damage or a significant increase in hepatic transmissions of unclear etiology;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Age to 18 years.
Method of administration and dosage
Vasilip tablets are applied once a day at bedtime in a dosage of 5 to 80 mg, depending on the patient's body weight, age, individual characteristics of the body and the severity of the symptoms of the disease. The minimum effective initial dose of the drug according to the instructions is 10 mg, but everything should be calculated by the doctor strictly on an individual basis. The maximum daily dose is 80 mg, but it is prescribed only for patients with severe vascular and heart disease, pronounced atherosclerosis and hypercholesterolemia, which is at risk for developing strokes and heart attacks. The length of the treatment period is also determined individually by the doctor.
With a diagnosed elevated cholesterol level in the blood, along with the use of Vasilip tablets, the patient should also follow a diet. The initial daily dose of the drug to patients with elevated cholesterol and fat in the blood is 10 mg, but in some cases it under the supervision of a doctor can be increased to 40 mg.
In order to prevent the development of heart attacks and strokes in patients at risk, Vasilip is prescribed 20-40 mg once a day, the duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician.
Application of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
Vasilip tablets are contraindicated for treatment of women who are expecting a baby. In medicine, there is no precise data on the safety of the effect of the main active substance of the drug on the fetus.
If a woman is planning a pregnancy and is treated with this medication, the therapy should be canceled and the doctor informed of the recent admission of Wazilip.
There is no reliable data on whether the active substance of the drug penetrates into breast milk, and what effect it can have on the baby, so during the lactation this drug is not assigned to women. If a course of therapy with Vasilip is necessary for a nursing woman, it is recommended to stop lactation and transfer the baby to a milk formula.
In most cases, this drug is normally tolerated by patients under the condition of a correctly selected dose. In some cases, the following side effects may develop:
- On the part of the nervous system - insomnia, emotional overexcitation, a feeling of "crawling" in the skin, cramps , headaches or dizziness;
- With moans of the digestive system - constipation, abdominal pain, increased gas formation, nausea, rarely vomiting, an increase in liver transaminases in the blood;
- From the musculoskeletal system - muscular bol, weakness in the legs, myopathy;
- Allergic reactions - rashes on the skin, Quincke's edema , a sensation of fever in the face, redness of the face, vasculitis, increasing weakness and a drop in blood pressure.
An overdose of the drug
If the dose or uncontrolled use of the drug is significantly exceeded, the patient develops symptoms of an overdose rapidly:
- Severe nausea and indomitable vomiting;
- Stomach ache;
- Increasing weakness;
- Tachycardia and shortness of breath;
- Development of renal failure.
If such symptoms develop, the patient should be rushed to the doctor immediately. He is washed with stomach, symptomatic treatment, controlled by equipment and tests of liver and kidney function.
This drug should be given with special caution to patients with existing diagnosed liver or kidney diseases, electrolyte balance disorders, patients with severe disability of the endocrine system, in particular the pancreas and thyroid gland.
Since the composition of the drug includes lactose, you should be especially careful patients with lactase deficiency or galactosemia. Tablets can not be taken concomitantly with verapamil, nicotinic acid or fenofibrate.
Conditions of storage and leave
The drug is dispensed in pharmacies on prescription. Shelf life of the tablets is 3 years from the date of manufacture. At the end of this period, the medicine should not be taken orally. Keep in a sheltered place at a temperature of no more than 25 degrees.
The average cost of the drug Vazilip in pharmacies in Moscow is 150-300 rubles, depending on the number of tablets in the package.