Vazaprostan instructions for use
- Vazaprostan instructions for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Adverse events
- special instructions
- Conditions of dispensing and storage of the drug
- Vazaprostan Price
The drug Vazaprostan is a drug that has a pronounced antiaggregatory and vasodilating effect and is prescribed to patients for the treatment of obliterating diseases of large blood vessels.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vazaprostan is available in the form of lyophysiate, intended for the preparation of a solution for intravenous infusions. The preparation is a hygroscopic white mass, packed in glass ampoules of 10 pieces in a cardboard box.
The main active substance of the drug is alprostadil 20 or 60 μg, as well as auxiliary components.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
When vasaprostan enters the common bloodstream, it has a vasoprotective effect on blood vessels, improves microcirculation and peripheral circulation. It has a vasodilating effect, promotes relaxation of smooth muscles and reflexively increases cardiac output and heart rate. Due to the components included in the preparation of the components, platelet aggregation decreases, the fibrinolytic function of the blood increases. The active substance of the drug somewhat suppresses the secretion of gastric juice and hydrochloric acid.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed to patients for treatment and prevention of exacerbations of chronic obliterating diseases of arteries of the 3rd and 4th stages.
According to the instructions, the preparation has a number of contraindications, which include:
- Heart rhythm disturbances;
- Ischemic heart disease in the acute stage;
- Chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation;
- Myocardial infarction in the anamnesis for the last six months;
- Pronounced violations of the liver and kidneys;
- Increased level of hepatic transaminases;
- Diseases of the lungs with pronounced impairment of respiratory function;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Inclination to internal bleeding - with peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, atherosclerosis of the cerebral arteries, retinopathy, numerous injuries;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
With special care, the drug should be administered to patients with arterial hypertension, patients with kidney hemodialysis, patients with diabetes mellitus and with cardiovascular insufficiency.
Method of administration and dosage
Solution Vazaprostan should be prepared immediately before entering the bloodstream. It is absolutely impermissible to store the solution until the next infusion.
For introduction into the artery, the contents of the ampoule 20 μg are diluted in 50 ml of isotonic sodium solution. Depending on the indications, the initial dose of the drug is half the ampoule, which is administered intraarterially for 1-2 hours using a special device for infusions. If necessary, depending on the indications, the dose is increased to the whole ampoule (the patient's condition is strictly controlled by the doctor). A whole ampoule of the drug, as a rule, can be administered only once.
With intra-arterial administration of this medication through an established catheter, depending on the diagnosis and individual characteristics of the body, a dose of 0.1-0.6 ng / kg per minute is prescribed. Such infusion is spent about 12 hours with the help of a special device for infusions.
When the drug is administered intravenously, 2 ampoules of the drug at 20 μg, which are previously dissolved in 50-250 ml of isotonic sodium solution and continue infusion for 2 hours 2 times a day.
According to the instructions, the duration of therapy with the drug is at least 2 weeks on average. If the effect or the neglected state of the patient is insufficient, the therapy can be extended for another 1-2 weeks at the doctor's instructions. Patients with renal and heart failure require an individual dose adjustment.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not used to treat pregnant women because of the lack of reliable data on the safety of the active substance on the fetus.
If necessary, treatment with vasaprostan during lactation should first resolve the issue of stopping breastfeeding.
The drug is also not used in pediatric practice and for the treatment of adolescents under 18 years of age.
During the period of treatment with this medication, the patient may experience the following side effects:
- From the nervous system - headaches, cramps , increasing weakness, dizziness, fatigue, paresthesia;
- From the heart and blood vessels - a change in heart rate, a decrease in blood pressure, pain in the heart;
- From the side of the musculoskeletal system - hyperstosis of long tubular bones;
- On the part of the organs of the digestive canal - pain in the stomach, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea;
- Perhaps the development of allergic reactions in the form of rashes on the skin, redness, itching, swelling of the mucous membranes and skin, pain along the veins;
- Increased sweating;
- Increased body temperature;
- Change in the parameters of the clinical picture of blood - a decrease in the number of leukocytes, an increase in the level of hepatic transmissions, C-reactive protein;
- In rare cases, it is possible to develop pain in the joints, confusion, slowing the frequency of respiratory movements, anuria.
If the drug is overdosed, the patient develops acute heart failure, impaired renal function, fibrillation of the ventricles of the heart.
In most cases, all side effects disappear after a reduction in the dose of the drug or withdrawal of therapy.
This medicine can be prescribed only by the doctor's instructions! During the treatment period, patients are constantly checked the blood pressure level, biochemical blood test parameters, heart rate.
To prevent disruption of blood coagulation, this drug is not prescribed concomitantly with drugs from the anticoagulant group or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
In order to prevent the state of hyperhydration in patients with renal insufficiency, the volume of fluid introduced into the bloodstream should not exceed 50-100 ml per day. If necessary, the patient is monitored daily diuresis and ekokartiograficheskoe study.
Patients with diagnosed ischemic heart disease or kidney failure after the drug is withdrawn another day should remain in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor.
The active substance of the drug Vazaprostan can influence the rate of reactions, therefore, during the treatment with the drug it is not recommended to drive a car or to operate mechanisms requiring rapid response.
It is strictly forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages against the background of this medication.
Conditions of dispensing and storage of the drug
Vazaprostan is released in pharmacies without a prescription. The drug should be stored at a temperature of not more than 25 degrees, away from children, avoiding direct sunlight. The shelf life of ampoules is 4 years from the date of manufacture. After the expiration of this juice, the drug can no longer be used. If the ampoule is damaged, it can not be used to prepare a solution for infusion.
The average cost of the drug Vazaprostan in pharmacies in Moscow is 8200-9300 rubles.