WALZ INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- WALZ INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Contraindications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects
- Overdose of the drug
- Interaction of the drug with other drugs
- Storage and dispensing conditions
- Wales analogues
- WALZ Price
The drug Valz is a medicinal product whose therapeutic effect is aimed at improving blood circulation and the overall functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The preparation of Valz is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. The tablets are covered with a protective film coating of yellow color, on one side of which the Latin letter "B" appears. The drug is packaged in contour squares for 7 pieces. In total, the cardboard box contains 4 such contour packs.
Each tablet contains the main active ingredient valsartan in a dosage of 40, 80 or 160 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components: povidone, silicon dioxide, lactose, cellulose.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The drug VALZ belongs to the group of peripheral vasodilators. After taking the pills inside, the active substances of the drug are quickly absorbed through the digestive tract into the common bloodstream. The drug has a pronounced antihypertensive, improves blood circulation in the vessels, normalizes the work of the heart muscle, prevents the development of strokes and heart attacks.
Indications for use of the drug
Vals are prescribed to patients for treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Persistent increase in blood pressure;
- As part of complex therapy in the treatment of chronic heart failure;
- Prevention of repeated heart attacks and strokes in patients at risk - with hereditary predisposition, obesity, atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension;
- Acute myocardial infarction with left ventricular systolic dysfunction or ventricular failure.
Contraindications for use
According to the instructions to the preparation, the Vals tablets are contraindicated for oral administration if the patient has such conditions:
- Bile duct obstruction caused by neoplastic processes or obstruction of the lumen by concrements;
- Severe liver and kidney damage;
- Individual intolerance of the constituent components of the drug;
- Galactosemia or lactase insufficiency;
- Pronounced hypotension;
- Age to 18 years;
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
With special care, the drug is prescribed for the treatment of patients with elevated potassium levels in the blood, mitral and aortic stenosis, conditions caused by a decrease in the volume of circulating fluid in the body.
Method of administration and dosage
According to the instructions, the tablets of the drug must be taken inside regardless of food, without chewing or grinding, with plenty of liquid. The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of therapy largely depends on the diagnosis, the severity of the clinical picture of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
With a steady increase in blood pressure, patients are prescribed 80 mg of the drug once a day. If necessary, this dose can be doubled, but no more. The duration of the course of treatment of hypertension is 1 month.
For patients with chronic heart failure, the initial minimum effective therapeutic dose of the drug is 40 mg, which, if necessary, can be increased to 80 mg per day.
Against the background of a heart attack or stroke, as well as people at risk for the prevention of repeated violations prescribed 20 mg of the drug 2 times a day, this dose, if necessary, can be increased to 80 or 160 mg per day.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not prescribed for the treatment of women in the period of waiting for the child. In medicine, there is no reliable data on the safety of the effect of the main component of tablets on the fetus and on the further course of pregnancy.
During the period of breastfeeding, Valz is not administered to women because of a lack of reliable data on the safety of tablets for babies. If it is necessary to use this medication during breastfeeding, a woman should stop lactation.
The drug as a whole is normally tolerated by patients, however, with individual hypersensitivity to the constituent components of the tablets, the following side effects may develop:
- Heart failure and various circulatory disorders;
- Vasculitis and orthostatic hypotension;
- Difficulty with breathing, shortness of breath, cough, sensation of lack of air;
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased gas production;
- Fainting condition, weakness, dizziness, headache, depression, insomnia;
- Decreased sex drive;
- Change in the clinical picture of blood - a decrease in the number of neutrophils and platelets;
- Muscle cramps, low back pain, arthritis, muscle pain. Pain in the joints;
- Violation of kidney function, development of renal failure;
- Increased potassium levels in the blood, metabolic disorders;
- Increased hepatic transaminases, increased levels of creatinine, increased concentrations of urea and nitrogen in the blood serum, hyperbilirubinemia.
Overdose of the drug
With unauthorized and uncontrolled use of the drug in large doses, the patient may develop symptoms of an overdose:
- Serum sickness;
- Conjunctivitis ;
- Sinusitis, inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Feeling of constant fatigue;
- Edema, including angioedema;
- Nasal bleeding.
Since the therapeutic effect of the drug is to reduce blood pressure, then in patients with an overdose, its rates drop dramatically and there may be a faint or collapse. When developing an overdose, the patient is given to take activated charcoal or washed the stomach, then the treatment is symptomatic. Hemodialysis in this case is not effective.
Interaction of the drug with other drugs
With the simultaneous use of Valz tablets with other drugs that lower blood pressure, a rapid drop in blood pressure and the development of acute vascular insufficiency in the patient are possible.
With the simultaneous use of tablets with drugs from the group of diuretics, the likelihood of hyperkalemia in the blood increases dramatically, therefore, one should closely monitor the parameters of the clinical picture of blood during the period of therapy and monitor the functioning of the urinary organs.
With the simultaneous use of the Valz preparation with agents from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory components, it is possible to reduce the therapeutic effect of the first, which should be taken into account in the appointment and adjust the dose.
Storage and dispensing conditions
This drug is dispensed in pharmacies on prescription. Keep the tablets out of the reach of children at a temperature of not more than 25 degrees. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture, indicated on the package. After this period, tablets should not be taken orally.
Valsartan, Valsakor, Diovan, Nortivan, Sartavel, Tantordio
The average cost of the drug Vals in pharmacies in Moscow is 230-280 rubles per package.