Waltz instruction manual
- Waltz instruction manual
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Dosage and administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- The interaction of the drug with other drugs
- Conditions of storage and release of the drug
- Wals counterparts
- Waltz price
The drug Walz is a drug whose therapeutic effect is aimed at improving blood circulation and the overall functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Walz is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. The tablets are coated with a protective film of yellow color, on one side of which is the Latin letter "B". The drug is packaged in blisters of 7 pieces. In total, the carton contains 4 such blister packs.
Each tablet of the drug contains the main active ingredient valsartan in the dosage of 40, 80 or 160 mg, as well as a number of auxiliary components: povidone, silicon dioxide, lactose, cellulose.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The drug Walz belongs to the group of peripheral vasodilators. After taking the pill inside, the active ingredients of the drug are rapidly absorbed through the digestive tract into the common bloodstream. The drug has a pronounced hypotensive agent, improves blood circulation in the vessels, normalizes the work of the heart muscle, prevents the development of strokes and heart attacks.
Indications for use of the drug
Walz tablets are prescribed to patients for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Persistent increase in blood pressure;
- As part of complex therapy in the treatment of chronic heart failure;
- Prevention of recurrent heart attacks and strokes in patients at risk - with hereditary predisposition, obesity, atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension;
- Acute myocardial infarction with systolic dysfunction of the left ventricle or ventricular failure.
According to the instructions for the drug, Valz tablets are contraindicated for oral administration if the patient has the following conditions:
- Obstruction of the biliary tract due to neoplastic processes or blockage of the lumen by calculus;
- Severe damage to liver and kidney function;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Galactosemia or lactase deficiency;
- Severe hypotension;
- Age up to 18 years;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
With special care, the drug is prescribed for the treatment of patients with elevated levels of potassium in the blood, mitral and aortic stenosis, conditions caused by a decrease in the volume of circulating fluid in the body.
Dosage and administration
According to the instructions, tablets of the drug should be taken orally, regardless of the food, without chewing or grinding, drinking plenty of liquid. The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of therapy largely depends on the diagnosis, the severity of the clinical picture of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient.
With a persistent increase in blood pressure, patients are prescribed 80 mg of the drug 1 time per day. If necessary, this dose can be doubled, but no more. The duration of the course of treatment of arterial hypertension is 1 month.
For patients with chronic heart failure, the initial minimum effective therapeutic dose of the drug is 40 mg, which, if necessary, can be increased to 80 mg per day.
Against the background of a heart attack or stroke, as well as people at risk, in order to prevent recurrent disorders, 20 mg of the drug is prescribed 2 times a day, this dose, if necessary, can be increased to 80 or 160 mg per day.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not prescribed for the treatment of women in the waiting period of the child. In medicine, there is no reliable data on the safety of the effects of the main component of the tablets on the body of the fetus and the further course of pregnancy.
During the period of breastfeeding Valz is not administered to women due to the lack of reliable data on the safety of infant tablets. If necessary, treatment with this tool during breastfeeding a woman should stop lactation.
The drug is generally well tolerated by patients, but with individual hypersensitivity to the components of the tablets may develop the following side effects:
- Heart failure and various circulatory disorders;
- Vasculitis and orthostatic hypotension;
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, cough, feeling short of breath;
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased gas formation;
- Fainting, weakness, dizziness, headaches, depression, insomnia;
- Decreased sexual desire
- Changes in the clinical picture of blood - reducing the number of neutrophils and platelets;
- Muscle cramps, lower back pain, arthritis, muscle aches. Joint pain;
- Impaired kidney function, the development of renal failure;
- Increased level of potassium in the blood, metabolic disorders;
- Increased hepatic transaminases, increased creatinine levels, increased serum urea and nitrogen levels, hyperbilirubinemia.
With the unauthorized and uncontrolled use of the drug in large doses, the patient may develop symptoms of overdose:
- Serum sickness;
- Conjunctivitis ;
- Sinusitis, inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Feeling constantly tired;
- Edema, including angioedema;
Since the therapeutic effect of the drug is to reduce blood pressure, overdose patients sharply reduce its performance and may faint or collapse. With the development of an overdose, the patient is given to take activated charcoal or wash the stomach, then symptomatic treatment. Hemodialysis in this case is not effective.
The interaction of the drug with other drugs
With the simultaneous use of Valz tablets with other drugs that lower blood pressure, a rapid drop in blood pressure and the development of acute vascular insufficiency in a patient are possible.
With the simultaneous use of tablets with drugs from the diuretic group, the likelihood of hyperkalemia in the blood increases dramatically, so you should closely monitor the performance of the clinical picture of blood during therapy and monitor the work of the urinary organs.
With simultaneous use of the drug Valz with funds from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory components may reduce the therapeutic effect of the first, which should be considered when prescribing and adjust the dose.
Conditions of storage and release of the drug
This drug is dispensed in pharmacies by prescription. Keep tablets should be out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of manufacture indicated on the package. After this period, the tablets can not be taken orally.
Valsartan, Valsakor, Diovan, Norstavan, Sartavel, Tantordio
The average cost of the drug Valz in pharmacies in Moscow is 230-280 rubles per pack.