WALZ H INSTRUCTION MANUAL
Valz N refers to the combined antihypertensive drugs used in the therapy of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Form of issue and composition
The drug is produced in the form of tablets marked "H" on one side and "V" on the reverse side.
- If the tablet is pink, the amount of valsartan is 80 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5.
- Tablets of red-brown color contain valsartan 160 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5.
- In tablets of orange color contains valsartan 160 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg.
As auxiliary substances, magnesium stearate, talc, croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, povidone K29-32 are used.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed for arterial hypertension in a situation where the patient is shown combined therapy.
Wals H is a preparation containing in its composition two active substances: valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
Valsartan - has hypotensive and diuretic effect. There is a decrease in blood pressure, which is not accompanied by a change in the pulse rate.
Hydrochlorothiazide - refers to diuretics of medium strength. Increases excretion in the urine of magnesium, potassium, phosphates and hydrocarbons. At the same time delays urate and calcium ions in the body. The diuretic effect is manifested after 1-2 hours after taking the drug, the maximum is reached after 4 hours, the duration of the effect is 10-12 hours.
The highest hypotensive effect of the drug is manifested in the first 2-4 weeks of therapy.
Walnut is intended for oral administration. The tablet should be washed down with a sufficient amount of water. Eating does not affect the intake of the drug.
The doses indicated below are given in the valsartan / hydrochlorothiazide ratio.
The drug with a dosage of 80 / 12.5 mg is prescribed once a day for 1 tablet. If the medicine does not show the desired effectiveness, then the daily dose is increased to 160 / 12.5 mg. Patients who need a further lowering of blood pressure are prescribed a daily dosage of 160/25 mg.
Patients with renal dysfunction with a QC score of more than 30 ml / min, who have moderately or poorly expressed violations of liver function, dosage adjustment is not necessary.
When you take the drug at a dosage exceeding the therapeutic rate, it is possible to lower the pressure, leading to loss of consciousness and collapse.
In case of an overdose, an immediate symptomatic treatment should be carried out by washing the stomach, taking activated charcoal and intravenously administering a 0.9% solution of sodium chloride.
With ValzN, the efficacy of curare-like muscle relaxants is increased, the side effects of cardiac glycosides are increased, the neurotoxicity of salicylates and lithium preparations is increased.
Joint use with other antihypertensive drugs leads to an increase in antihypertensive effect.
Parallel administration of allopurinol can provoke an allergic reaction.
Wals H lowers the effect of epinephrine, norepinephrine, antipodal and hypoglycemic drugs, worsens the excretion of quinidine from the body.
Ethanol, antidepressants, phenothiazines and barbiturates increase the hypotensive effect of the drug.
Preparations that have an active ability to bind to blood proteins (NSAIDs, clofibrate, indirect anticoagulants) increase the diuretic effect of Vals N.
Joint reception of colestyramine lowers the absorption of the drug.
Taking methyldopa provokes the development of hemolysis.
Simultaneous administration of m-holinoblokatorov (biperiden, atropine) leads to an increase in the bioavailability of the diuretic, which is part of the Wals H. This effect is associated with the inhibition of the motor activity of the gastrointestinal tract and delayed emptying of the stomach.
Parallel reception of derivatives of salicylic acid, penicillin G, carbenoxoline, amphotericin B, corticosteroids and saluretics leads to a decrease in the content of the potassium ion in the body.
Joint administration of cyclosporine leads to an increase in the content of uric acid in the blood, which increases the risk of an attack of gout and the development of hyperuricemia.
The use of calcium salts and vitamin D increases the amount of calcium in the blood.
The use of Wals H can cause negative side complications from different body systems:
- : тошнота, боль в животе, диарея; digestive system : nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea;
- : чувство усталости, головокружение; nervous system : feeling tired, dizzy;
- : гиперкреатининемия, нарушение функции почек; urinary system : hypercreatininaemia, impaired renal function;
- : фарингит , ринит, кашель; respiratory system : pharyngitis , rhinitis, cough;
- : васкулит , сывороточная болезнь, зуд, ангионевротический отек, кожная сыпь; allergic reactions : vasculitis , serum sickness, itching, angioedema, skin rash;
- : гиперкалиемия; Metabolism : hyperkalemia;
- : боль в груди, артралгия, понижение показателя гематокрита, вирусные инфекции. Other : chest pain, arthralgia, lower hematocrit, viral infections.
Valsartan is also able to cause a decrease in libido, asthenia, insomnia and swelling.
Hydrochlorothiazide causes the following undesirable effects:
- often: orthostatic hypotension, decreased potency, nausea, vomiting, urticaria , decreased appetite;
- rarely: thrombocytopenia (possibly with purpura), depression, paresthesia, visual impairment, intrahepatic cholestasis, arrhythmia, abdominal discomfort, headache, jaundice, photosensitivity, diarrhea or constipation, disturbance of water-electrolyte balance;
- very rarely: toxic epidermal necrolysis, bone marrow depression, pneumonitis, pulmonary edema, hemolytic anemia, pancreatitis , leukopenia, necrotizing vasculitis, exacerbation of skin reactions resembling SLE.
Pregnancy and lactemia
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the drug is contraindicated. The drug should be canceled in case of pregnancy.
Before the treatment with the drug, it is necessary to adjust the amount of sodium ions in the blood.
During treatment, the amount of potassium ions, uric acid, glucose, creatinine and lipid profile should be constantly monitored in the blood plasma.
The intake of potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium salts, potassium salts or preparations that can increase the amount of potassium in the blood (heparin), it is necessary to observe precautions and often determine the concentration of potassium in the blood.
During therapy with the drug, it may be necessary to adjust the dosage of the oral hypoglycemic drug or insulin.
Care should be taken when engaging in activities that require increased attention and reactions, as well as with caution in driving.
Wals H is not recommended in children and adolescents under 18 years.
Terms and conditions of storage
Wals H should be stored at a temperature of 30 ° C, in a place inaccessible to children. The period of use of the drug is 3 years from the date of its release.
WALZ H price
Valz N tablets 80mg + 12.5mg, 28 pieces - 315-400 rubles.
Valz N tablets 160mg + 12.5mg, 28 pieces - 370-450 rubles.