Walz H instructions for use
Walz N refers to the combined antihypertensive drugs used in the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of tablets, labeled "H" on the one hand and "V" - with the opposite.
- If the tablet is pink, the amount of valsartan is 80 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5.
- Red-brown tablets contain 160 mg of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5.
- Orange tablets contain 160 mg of valsartan and 25 mg of hydrochloritazide.
Magnesium stearate, talc, croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, and povidone K29-32 are used as excipients.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed for hypertension in a situation where the patient is shown combination therapy.
Walz N - a drug that has in its composition two active substances: valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
Valsartan - has a hypotensive and diuretic effect. There is a decrease in blood pressure, which is not accompanied by a change in heart rate.
Hydrochlorothiazide - refers to diuretics of medium strength. Increases urinary excretion of magnesium, potassium, phosphates and bicarbonates. At the same time, it delays urates and calcium ions in the body. The diuretic effect appears 1-2 hours after taking the drug, the maximum is reached after 4 hours, the duration of the effect is 10-12 hours.
The highest hypotensive effect of the drug is manifested in the first 2-4 weeks of therapy.
WalzN is intended for ingestion. The tablet must be washed down with a sufficient volume of water. Eating does not affect the intake of the drug.
The doses indicated below are given in valsartan / hydrochlorothiazide ratio.
The drug with a dosage of 80 / 12.5 mg is administered 1 time per day, 1 tablet. If the drug did not show the desired efficacy, then the daily dose is increased to 160 / 12.5 mg. Patients who need a further reduction in blood pressure, prescribed daily dosage of 160/25 mg.
Patients with impaired renal function with a QC of more than 30 ml / min, with moderately or poorly expressed impaired liver function, dosage adjustment of the drug is not required.
When using the drug in a dosage exceeding the therapeutic rate, a decrease in pressure is possible, leading to loss of consciousness and collapse.
In case of overdose, it is necessary to conduct immediate symptomatic treatment by gastric lavage, taking activated carbon and intravenous administration of 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
When taking WalzN, the effectiveness of curative-like muscle relaxants increases, the side effects of cardiac glycosides increase, the neurotoxicity of salicylates and lithium preparations increases.
Joint reception with other antihypertensive drugs leads to increased antihypertensive effect.
Parallel administration of allopurinol can trigger an allergic reaction.
Walz H reduces the effect of epinephrine, norepinephrine, arthritic and hypoglycemic drugs, worsens the excretion of quinidine.
Ethanol, antidepressants, phenothiazines and barbiturates enhance the hypotensive effect of the drug.
Drugs that have an active ability to bind to blood proteins (NSAIDs, clofibrate, indirect anticoagulants) increase the diuretic effect of Walz N.
Co-administration of Kolestiramin lowers the absorption of the drug.
Acceptance of methyldopa provokes the development of hemolysis.
The simultaneous intake of m-holinoblokatorov (biperidine, atropine) leads to an increase in the bioavailability of the diuretic, which is part of Walz N. This effect is associated with inhibition of gastrointestinal motor activity and delayed emptying of the stomach.
Parallel administration of salicylic acid derivatives, penicillin G, carbenoxoline, amphotericin B, corticosteroids and saluretics leads to a decrease in the content of potassium ion in the body.
The combined use of cyclosporine leads to an increase in the content of uric acid in the blood, which increases the risk of a gout attack and the development of hyperuricemia.
The use of calcium and vitamin D salts increases the amount of calcium in the blood.
The use of Walz N can cause negative side effects from various body systems:
- : тошнота, боль в животе, диарея; digestive system : nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea;
- : чувство усталости, головокружение; nervous system : feeling tired, dizzy;
- : гиперкреатининемия, нарушение функции почек; urinary system : hypercreatininemia, impaired renal function;
- : фарингит , ринит, кашель; respiratory system : pharyngitis , rhinitis, cough;
- : васкулит , сывороточная болезнь, зуд, ангионевротический отек, кожная сыпь; allergic reactions : vasculitis , serum sickness, itching, angioedema, skin rash;
- : гиперкалиемия; metabolism : hyperkalemia;
- : боль в груди, артралгия, понижение показателя гематокрита, вирусные инфекции. Other : chest pain, arthralgia, lowering of hematocrit, viral infections.
Valsartan can also cause a decrease in libido, asthenia, insomnia and edema.
Hydrochlorothiazide causes the following undesirable effects:
- often: orthostatic hypotension, decreased potency, nausea, vomiting, urticaria , decreased appetite;
- rarely: thrombocytopenia (possibly with purpura), depression, paresthesia, blurred vision, intrahepatic cholestasis, arrhythmia, abdominal discomfort, headache, jaundice, photosensitization, diarrhea or constipation, impaired water and electrolyte balance;
- very rarely: toxic epidermal necrolysis, bone marrow suppression, pneumonitis, pulmonary edema, hemolytic anemia, pancreatitis , leukopenia, necrotizing vasculitis, exacerbation of skin reactions resembling SLE.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and breastfeeding the drug is contraindicated. The drug must be canceled in the event of pregnancy.
Prior to therapy with the drug, it is necessary to adjust the amount of sodium ions in the blood.
During treatment, the amount of potassium ions, uric acid, glucose, creatinine and lipid profile in the blood plasma should be constantly monitored.
Taking potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium salts, potassium salts or drugs that can increase the amount of potassium in the blood (heparin), it is necessary to observe precautions and often determine the concentration of potassium in the blood.
During drug therapy, you may need to adjust the dosage of oral hypoglycemic drug or insulin.
Care should be taken when engaging in activities requiring increased attention and reactions, as well as driving vehicles with care.
Walz H is not recommended in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Terms and conditions of storage
Walz H must be stored at a temperature of 30 degrees C, out of the reach of children. The term of use of the drug is 3 years from the moment of its release.
Walz N price
Walz N tablets 80 mg + 12.5 mg, 28 pieces - 315-400 rubles.
Walz N tablets 160mg + 12.5mg, 28 pieces - 370-450 rubles.