Vagotil instruction manual
- Vagotil instruction manual
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Dosing and Administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects and drug overdose
- special instructions
- Leave and storage conditions
- Vagotil price
The drug Vagotil is a drug for external use, which has a pronounced antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vagotil is available in the form of a solution for external use in bottles of their dark glass with a concentration of the main active substance of 36%.
The main active substance of the drug is polycrezulen, as well as demineralized water as an auxiliary component.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
The product is intended for external use and local procedures. When exposed to the skin and mucous membranes, the active substance of the preparation exerts a pronounced drying, wound-healing and vasoconstrictive effect. Due to the constituents of the drug, the preparation favorably affects the processes of tissue regeneration. The solution is able to stop minor bleeding due to the powerful vasoconstrictive effect. Since the preparation contains acids, you should be very careful during its use.
Indications for use
The drug Vagotil is prescribed to patients under such conditions:
- Inflammatory processes of the vaginal mucosa due to pathological reproduction of fungi of the genus Candida;
- Erosion of the cervix in the complex therapy;
- In the complex treatment of trichomoniasis in women;
- Conditions after removal of polyps, accompanied by bleeding;
- In order to prevent the attachment of a secondary bacterial infection against the background of gynecological manipulations - cauterization of cervical erosion, biopsy and others;
- Treatment of long-term healing wounds;
- Treatment of trophic ulcers;
- Treatment of the oral cavity after dental manipulations, for example, after tooth extraction.
Contraindications for use
This drug is contraindicated for use in the presence of such conditions:
- For the treatment of gynecological pathologies during menstrual bleeding;
- In pregnancy and lactation;
- With individual intolerance of the components of the drug.
During therapy with gynecological infections, patients are not recommended to have sexual intercourse, since in this case the treatment will be ineffective. In addition, during the treatment with Vagotil, you should stop using the usual alkaline soap for hygienic procedures.
When using this drug in dental practice, you should be very careful of patients with tooth decay.
Dosing and Administration
The drug Vagotil is used only locally, that is, it can not be taken in. Depending on the indications, the dosage of the drug and the duration of treatment may be different. In addition, the doctor carefully takes into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body, the presence of complications and much more.
According to the instructions to the preparation, the solution of Vagotil with cervical erosions is prescribed for use 2 times a day for a week. If necessary, the duration of the course of therapy can be extended to 10 days, but no more. In the vagina should be introduced cotton-gauze swab impregnated with the solution, leaving it inside for no more than 5 minutes.
For syringing of the vagina with candidiasis or inflammatory processes of the mucosa, the preparation is first diluted in 1 liter of warm boiled water in an amount of 15 ml and the procedure is carried out. It is enough 1-2 douches a day. Before each procedure, it is recommended to prepare a new solution. The duration of treatment is no more than 5 days, if during this period the symptoms of the disease do not become less pronounced, then you should again consult a doctor with the purpose of clarifying the diagnosis and correction of therapy. Use a douching solution for more than 5 days is not recommended, as this in most cases leads to a change in the pH of the vaginal environment and the development of serious side effects.
With minor bleeding from the vagina that occurs against the background of erosion or after gynecological interventions, a gauze swab impregnated with the drug should be applied to the bleeding spot for several minutes.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not prescribed to women for treatment during the period of gestation. In medicine, there is no reliable data on the safety of the main active substance on the fetus.
During lactation, Vagotil is not used to treat women, since the active substances of the solution penetrate the bloodstream, and then into breast milk, which can adversely affect the baby. If a course of therapy with Vagotil is necessary during lactation, it is advisable to resolve the issue of stopping breastfeeding.
Side effects and drug overdose
In most cases this drug is well tolerated by the patient, but with individual hypersensitivity to the active ingredients or prolonged uncontrolled use, the following side effects may develop:
- Itching, burning and discomfort in the vagina after using the solution;
- Damage to tooth enamel when using the drug as an oral antiseptic;
- Dryness of mucous membranes;
- Change in the pH of the vagina with prolonged uncontrolled use, as a result of which the phenomenon of thrush can be further intensified;
- Edema of the mucous membrane of the vagina, the feeling of a foreign body inside.
This drug is used strictly according to the indications and recommendations of the doctor.
When treating the oral cavity, contact of the solution with the enamel of the teeth should be avoided, since exposure to them of active substances of the preparation can cause the development of caries. If you get Vagotil on the enamel of the teeth after the procedure, you should thoroughly rinse the mouth with a clean ode.
The drug can not be used simultaneously with other antiseptics for external use, as this can lead to burns of the mucous membrane and the development of side effects.
This drug has no analogues in its composition, but before starting therapy with another drug from the group of antiseptics, you should get the doctor's advice.
Leave and storage conditions
The drug is dispensed in pharmacies on prescription. Store the vial with the solution followed at a temperature of no more than 25 degrees, avoiding direct sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children for 3 years from the date of manufacture. After the expiry date, the solution is strictly forbidden to use.
The average cost of the drug Vagotil in pharmacies in Moscow is 260 rubles.