Vagiferon user's guide
- Vagiferon user's guide
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use
- Contraindications for use
- Dosing and Administration
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Side effects and drug overdose
- Interaction with medicinal products
- Conditions of dispensing and storage of the drug
- Vagiferon price
The drug Vapyferon is a combination drug that exhibits high therapeutic activity against infectious agents, viruses and fungi.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The drug Vapyferon is available in the form of suppositories intended for vaginal administration. Each suppository contains recombinant human interferon 50000 IU, fluconazole, metronidazole, and a number of auxiliary components. Each candle is packed in individual cells, the drug is sold in cardboard boxes for 5 and 10 suppositories.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
Suppositories Vapyferon have a pronounced antiseptic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effect. When inserted into the vagina, the active ingredients are slowly released, killing the pathogens of the infection, removing the swelling and inflammation symptoms and increasing local immunity. The main active substances of the drug show high therapeutic activity in relation to trichomonads, gonococci, chlamydia, herpes - as part of complex therapy with oral antibiotics or acyclovir.
The metronidazole, which is part of the suppository, is active against gadrenols, triomonads, clostridia, E. coli. Due to the activity of the drug in women, such satellites of the inflammatory process as itching and burning, abnormal purulent or mucopurulent vaginal discharge, discomfort in the perineal region quickly disappear.
The fluconazole, which is part of the suppository, is highly effective against pathogens of the fungal inflammatory process, in particular, to fungi of the Candida genus, which aggressively multiply against the background of a general decrease in the woman's immunity or prolonged intake of antibiotics.
Indications for use
Suppositories of this drug are prescribed to women in such situations:
- Treatment and prevention of bactrial vaginosis, which occurs against the background of a general decrease in immunity, permanent vaginal douching, a long course of antibiotics;
- Vaginitis of bacterial origin;
- Inflammatory processes of the mucous membrane of the vagina, caused by pathological reproduction of trichomonads, gardrenell, mycoplasmas, ureaplasmas, chlamydia and others;
- Vaginal candidiasis, which is difficult to treat by other drugs (as part of complex therapy with immunomodulators, probiotics, dietary intake correction).
Contraindications for use
Suppositories Vagiferon have a number of contraindications, which include:
- Individual intolerance of the components that make up the candle;
- The patient's age is 18 years.
The drug is also not used to treat girls who have not yet entered into an intimate relationship.
Dosing and Administration
Suppositories Vagipheron is injected deep into the vagina in the supine position. To distribute the active substances evenly, the woman is recommended not to get up about 10 hours, so it is better to administer the drug in the evening, before going to bed.
According to the instruction, adult women are prescribed 1 suppository once a day intravaginally. Depending on the indications, the daily dose of the drug can be increased, but this is discussed with the doctor in strictly individual order. The length of the course of therapy largely depends on the diagnosis, severity of the disease, the presence of complications and concomitant pathologies. According to the instructions, the standard course of treatment with the drug is 10 days, but on the recommendation of the doctor it can be extended.
During the period of drug treatment, a woman is recommended to use sanitary napkins. It is not recommended to enter into sexual relations during the use of suppositories for better therapeutic effect. If a woman is diagnosed with a venereal disease, both partners should take the course of treatment, since otherwise the therapy will be ineffective.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not used to treat women while the child is waiting. In medicine, there is no reliable data on the absolute safety of the main active substances of suppositories on the fetus, therefore, therapy with this drug is not recommended.
Use of suppositories Vagiferon during the period of breastfeeding is contraindicated. This is due to the fact that the active substances of the drug can penetrate into breast milk, and then into the baby's body. Causing severe liver dysfunction. If it is necessary to treat this drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be interrupted by replacing the mother's milk with an adapted milk formula. After completing the course of therapy with the drug, lactation can be resumed no earlier than 2 days later.
Side effects and drug overdose
As a rule, the drug is well tolerated by patients, but in rare cases, with individual hypersensitivity to the suppository components, the woman may develop the following side effects:
- Local reactions - itching and burning after the introduction of a candle in the vagina, a feeling of heat;
- Side effects caused by the action of metronidazole - in rare cases, allergic reactions to the skin, constipation, dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain, metallic taste in the mouth, dry mouth, the appearance of a sense of anxiety and emotional instability;
- Change in the microflora of the vagina on the background of a long uncontrolled use of the drug.
With prolonged treatment with the drug, the patient may change the clinical picture of blood, in particular, the reduction in the number of leukocytes.
Interaction with medicinal products
With simultaneous application of Vagiferon suppositories with oral preparations based on human interferon, their therapeutic effect is enhanced.
If a woman is diagnosed with a venereal disease due to trichomonads, gonococci, chlamydia, or herpes viruses, only local treatment with candles is not enough. The patient should consult a doctor and undergo comprehensive treatment of the disease.
Conditions of dispensing and storage of the drug
Candles are released in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription. The drug should be stored in the refrigerator for 2 years from the date of manufacture indicated on the package.
The average cost of the drug in pharmacies in Moscow is 355-360 rubles.