Thrush in adolescent girls
- Ways of Infection
- Causes of thrush
- Symptoms of thrush in teenage girls
- Treating thrush in adolescent girls
- Traditional methods of treatment
- Prevention of thrush
Every adult woman tolerates this disease at least once in a lifetime. But it turns out that even teenage girls can be exposed to him. You probably already guessed that it was a case of thrush, or, in medical terms, candidiasis. Let's consider features of its course and treatment in such, teenage, age.
Thrush or candidiasis is a fungal disease caused by microorganisms of the genus Candida albicans. Asymptomically, it is present in the body at all times, but only under certain circumstances begins its excessively rapid multiplication. Therefore, we can say that the cause of the disease is not the pathogens themselves, but those conditions that aggravate their growth. These include any decrease in immunity, as well as long-term infections, in which the defenses of the body weaken
There are such fungi not only in the genital tract, but also in the intestines and the oral cavity. Therefore, their presence in the analyzes does not mean that the person is sick with candidiasis. The disease begins when its symptoms manifest.
Ways of Infection
This disease does not apply to venereal diseases, so they are not only infected with adolescents, but also children, completely far from sexual relations. In almost all cases, girls inherit thrush from their mothers during delivery. If the mother does not cure candidiasis during pregnancy, the fungus settles in the vagina of the newborn daughter, which is facilitated by the acidic environment of the female genital organs.
Although prior to the first menstrual period, vulvovaginal candidiasis is rare, there are cases of its development even at the age of seven. Contribute to this:
- lack of hygienic skills;
- the presence of severe allergic reactions;
- frequent colds;
Thrush can also spread through household items, so it is important to teach the girl from an early age not to use the things of adults, to have separate soap and a towel.
In the transition years in connection with hormonal changes in the body, the frequency of childhood thrush cases increases significantly. The lack of estrogens in the epithelium of the vagina leads to a decrease in the level of lactobacilli, which are competitors of vaginal fungi.
In the case of early sexual intercourse, a new outbreak of thrush occurs, associated with the sexual transmission of it in the absence of knowledge about the hygiene of intimate relationships. Especially frequent are cases of candidiasis with promiscuous sexual intercourse without protective equipment.
Causes of thrush
Let us consider in more detail the factors that contribute to the growth of the growth of the dormant fungus in the body of a teenage girl. The lowering of immunity and the body's resistance is due to immunodeficiency, hypovitaminosis, imbalance of the vaginal microflora. Most often this happens with such pathologies:
- systemic infectious diseases;
- chronic problems in ENT organs;
- circulatory disorders;
- endocrine pathologies;
- neutropenia and agranulocytosis;
- intestinal dysbiosis ;
- deficiency of micro- and macroelements.
In the absence of any disease, a frequent cause that provokes the growth of fungal flora in children and adolescents is the intake of certain types of medications. Among them:
This phenomenon is explained by the fact that these drugs help to reduce the production of secretory immunoglobulin, responsible for the resistance of the child's body. Antibiotics also affect the imbalance of flora in the body, killing not only harmful bacteria, but also those that do not allow breeding to the candidates.
Prerequisites for this disease in girly teenagers are also certain household factors:
- wearing synthetic underwear;
- violation of hygiene rules;
- use of too aggressive detergents.
Synthetic underwear, poor absorption of excretion, contributes to the emergence of high humidity in the folds of the external genital organs, which serves as a very suitable medium for the development of the fungus.
Symptoms of thrush in teenage girls
Most often, candidiasis in girls proceeds in the form of vulvovaginitis, affecting the vestibule vestibule, its mucous membrane and vulva. Manifestations of the disease in adolescents are the same as in adults. These include:
- severe itching and burning on the external genitalia;
- swelling and swelling of mucous membranes;
- redness of the vulva;
- white curdled discharge;
- appearance of white plaque on the genitals;
- when involved in the process of neighboring organs - pain when urinating.
The first sign of the disease is itching, which in advanced cases can be worse when walking. Because of this unpleasant symptom, girls often have sleep disorders. On examination, puffiness and hyperemia of the external genital organs with patches of gray-white plaque is found, which can be easily removed. After that, under the curdled layer, reddened areas open, which in some patients bleed.
Initial manifestations of the disease in the form of local lesions of the mucous membranes may subsequently expand due to the spread of the infection through the bloodstream.
Chronic stages of the disease are characterized by less intense hyperemia, less prevalence of lesions. If an unhealed girl already has menstruation, then an increase in such symptoms occurs before each of them.
Chronic forms are characterized by a change in the appearance of the external genital organs - the skin on them and the mucous membranes acquire a brown color, large and small lips become wrinkled. In such patients, along with lesions of the genitals, candidal bowel diseases, candidal stomatitis and candidal angina are often found.
To diagnose the girls apply a whole range of studies:
- visual inspection;
- laboratory diagnostics;
- ultrasound diagnostics.
The characteristic lesion of the skin and mucous membranes found during external examination should be confirmed in the results of laboratory studies:
- sowing the material on nutrient media;
- immunological studies;
- blood analysis for PCR.
Thanks to them, the pathogen and its colonies are detected in specially prepared preparations, differential diagnostics with infections of a different kind is carried out. Ultrasound allows us to clarify the degree of prevalence of the process and complications.
Treating thrush in adolescent girls
Uncomplicated at first glance, the disease should be treated, only in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor. While engaged in self-medication, the problem can be driven deep inside, which can subsequently have the most harmful consequences. With proper treatment, all symptoms of the disease disappear in a few days, but in the future it is important not to miss the recurrence and complications. To do this, it is necessary to exclude all the factors that caused thrush. There are several approaches to the treatment of adolescents.
In most cases, girls are treated with topical antifungal drugs and antiseptics. To this end, prescribe suppositories containing levorin, natamycin, clotrimazole.
Ointments containing these medications can also be applied in the form of applications, applying them on a napkin and applying to affected areas.
A good therapeutic effect is provided by medical baths and mucous washings with the help of solutions of baking soda or chamomile.
Advantages of local treatment are the absence of side effects, rapid elimination of symptoms, if necessary, the possibility of increasing the concentration of the drug.
In the most severe cases, with the recurring course of the disease, as well as in the presence of several lesions, the following types of antifungal drugs may be administered internally:
- Nizoral, depending on the weight of the body of 1/2 tablets 1-2 times a day;
- Diflucan - per day for 3-8 mg per 1 kg of weight;
- Amfogyukamin - 200 000 units 2 times a day inside for 3-4 weeks.
These drugs require careful use, because they can cause toxic or allergic reactions, as well as side effects.
Since a surge in the growth of fungal flora is associated with a decrease in immunity, it is necessary to increase immunity to fight it. Therefore, together with the main treatment for these purposes for a period of not less than 4 weeks, immunocorrective therapy is prescribed. Typically, the following tools are recommended:
- preparations of rhodiola rosea and eleutherococcus, which take inwards 30 drops 2-3 times a day;
- ointments containing solcoseryl and vitamin A.
Correction of microbial flora
Probiotics, which are prescribed in such cases by adults, adolescents are not always shown, as they can cause an imbalance of the flora in the vagina. But in some cases, after the removal of a pronounced inflammatory process, a doctor may recommend the use of such drugs:
- acid-milk mixtures.
Traditional methods of treatment
In the treatment of thrush in adolescents, folk remedies are recommended as auxiliary, they are used after consultation with a doctor. A good effect is observed from the use of the following compounds:
- tincture of calendula, which is prepared from the calculation of 25 flowers per 0.1 liter. alcohol, a teaspoon of the product is diluted in a glass of boiled water, the resulting solution can be washed and baths;
- infusion of St. John's wort, for its preparation I pour 2 spoonfuls of dried St. John's wort grass 2 liters. boiling water and kept in a water bath for half an hour, the resulting infusion is used in a similar way for baths, lotions and external washings;
- 3 tbsp. spoons of lily blossoms and the same amount of bark oaks are poured into 1 liter. boiling water and insist for 30 minutes, apply in a similar manner.
In addition to these recipes, you can use a mixture of chamomile flowers, juniper, sage, eucalyptus, calendula, yarrow, birch buds. A couple of tablespoons of this assortment should be brewed in a thermo glass of boiling water overnight. Apply in the same way.
This disease with a correct and timely treatment is well suited to him and does not give complications. In neglected cases, as well as in cases of severe immunodeficiency, the following are possible:
- generalization of infection, the emergence of new foci in the distance from the primary lesion;
- the emergence of an adhesion process, which threatens the development of infertility;
- development of thromboembolic complications;
- disruption of the intestine.
Prevention of thrush
The best remedy for thrush in adolescents aged 12 to 16 years is its prevention. The implementation of simple measures will save you from this unpleasant disease. They are as follows:
- to observe due intimate hygiene;
- wear linen made of natural materials;
- do not use antibiotics without a doctor's supervision;
- balance nutrition in favor of a greater intake of vitamins;
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol, weakening the immunity of a teenager;
- avoid the early onset of sexual activity.
When undergoing washing, adolescents should use special gels for intimate hygiene that do not contain dyes and fragrances. Performing hygienic procedures in the area of the intimate area with frequent use of usual toilet soap only promotes the growth of fungal flora. Instead of hygienic tampons for menstruation, it is better to use gaskets. It is necessary to watch, that after washing the underwear is well rinsed. Remnants of synthetic detergents on it when worn can cause irritation and thrush.
The use of sweets and products prepared on yeast should be limited in the diet.
As you can see, each mother can save her daughter from a disease by milkmaids, dedicating it to these simple rules.
- Thrush in men photos, symptoms, treatment
- Thrush for breastfeeding
- Douching with thrush: for and against
- Candles for thrush: a review of cheap and effective
- Thrush: symptoms and treatment
- Thrush in women: photos, causes, symptoms, treatment, drugs