Can I eat cabbage in pancreatitis?
Patients with a diagnosis of "pancreatitis" are forced to deny themselves many dishes, because their good health directly depends on adherence to a special diet. People who have first encountered the disease, doctors provide a list of prohibited products, among which cabbage is also listed.
This vegetable is traditionally almost daily included in the diet of our compatriots - both as an independent dish, and as part of soups, borscht, etc. So is it really for those who suffer from pancreatitis that they will forever have to deprive themselves of not only tasty, but also very useful cabbage? It is necessary to understand this in detail.
Such a different cabbage
Breeders have about 30 kinds of cabbage - white, Beijing, sea, color, etc. And they differ not only externally - the chemical composition of these vegetables is completely different.
So, if white cabbage, especially in raw and sauerkraut, irritatively affects the pancreas, causes bloating and exacerbation of the disease, then the sea cabbage, on the contrary, due to the high content of nickel and cobalt favorably affects the functioning of the gland, and therefore it even Is desirable in the patient's diet.
Peking cabbage as a whole has a beneficial effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract. It is recommended to eat it raw, but not during the period of exacerbation of the disease.
Cauliflower - this kind of vegetable is characterized by soft fiber, which is absorbed by the body quickly and easily, without irritating the mucous membrane. However, it is better to use it to patients with pancreatitis in boiled and stewed, and not in fried form.
The most "harmful" cabbage in pancreatitis
Forbidden product for patients with pancreatitis is white cabbage. And the use of vegetables in raw and sour form of the patient is not recommended categorically, even during a period of persistent remission. This absolute limitation is due to the fact that:
- Vegetable is high in fiber, which is long and hard to digest, which, due to inadequate activity of pancreatic enzymes, characteristic of pancreatitis, causes flatulence and bloating.
- The juice of white cabbage helps to increase acidity in the stomach.
- White cabbage activates the secret of the pancreas, and this can provoke an exacerbation of the disease.
All this applies to raw and sour cabbage. But soup with the addition of this vegetable, as well as baked and stewed cabbage to patients from time to time is allowed to use (unless it is a question of the period of exacerbation). However, in doing so, you must follow certain rules:
- It is preferable to eat young cabbage.
- There is a need for it a little (not more than 100 grams per day), and it is better to introduce gradually into the diet.
- Choose for cooking is not too hard and whole leaves (undimmed).
Cooking cabbage with pancreatitis
So, as already mentioned above, use cabbage with this diagnosis is better in a stewed and boiled form.
- Before you extinguish cabbage, you need to remove the top leaves from it, cut into 4 pieces and finely chop. It is not necessary to use a lot of oil when cooking - unnecessary overload unhealthy pancreas to anything. For the same reason, it is not recommended to abuse salt and seasonings. To reduce the aggressive effect of cabbage, it is desirable to add carrots and zucchini to it when extinguishing.
- Another acceptable option for cooking cabbage is to steam it. Melted butter or sour cream sauce will make this dish more tasty and useful.
- Can I eat bananas with pancreatitis?
- Can I eat honey with pancreatitis?
- Can I drink milk with pancreatitis?
- Diet and nutrition with pancreatitis, diet for acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatitis: symptoms and treatment