Than gargling with sore throat at home
A course of rinsing with antiseptic solutions for tonsillitis is considered an additional measure to eliminate the symptoms during the period of medical treatment.
It should be borne in mind that a noticeable effect from this procedure may not be, but, in some cases, the patient feels a noticeable relief immediately after the first rinse.
The effect of gargling in tonsillitis:
- Loose pus plugs
- There is an antiseptic treatment of localization of inflammation.
- Eliminates dry throat
- The healing process of erosion and other mechanical damage occurs more quickly.
Rules to follow
At first glance it may seem that the procedure is too simple to comply with any special rules. But violation of the recommendations described below at best can lead to the fact that there will be no effect from rinsing, and at worst even cause physical harm to the patient.
- Throat in case of sore throat, should be limited to one glass of fluid for one procedure.
- The water that serves as the basis for the solution must be boiled and equal in temperature to the body temperature.
- The solution should be prepared immediately before rinsing.
- The patient must strictly observe the dosage of antiseptic substances, which is stirred in water or follow the instructions when preparing decoctions of herbs.
- For complete irrigation of the tonsils, it is necessary to tilt the head back in the rinsing process and push the root of the tongue forward as far as possible.
- “Boil” solution, keeping it in the throat, you need at least 30 seconds, preferably longer.
- It is advisable to carry out the procedure after brushing your teeth in the morning and evening, and several times during the day. There is no need to specifically get up at night and gargle.
- The number of rinses during the day should reach from 7 to 10 procedures.
Never swallow the rinse solution!
It is important to know not only how to rinse, but also what preparations and herbs to use for this purpose.
How to gargle with angina?
Many patients regularly rinse their throats with a solution of salt and soda in boiled water. This type of douching became popular deservedly, as it promotes the evacuation of pus upward from the deep layers of the tonsils, and its elimination. But there are still many types of solutions that can be no less useful.
Solutions for self-preparation:
- Rinsing with furatsilinym has a good antiseptic effect. To do this, dissolve two tablets in boiled water (dissolve poorly, you must first crush the tablet) and gargle 4-5 times a day.
- The solution with the addition of Miramistin has no taste or smell and contributes to the destruction of yeast fungi, an infectious agent and various bacteria that are on the surface of the tonsil mucosa.
- Lugol's solution with glycerin is used on its own to lubricate swollen and reddened tonsils, but because of a possible mechanical injury, it is preferable to gargle with a solution containing it. About forty drops dissolve in boiled water and rinse their throats.
In some cases, you can replace the solution of Lugol with glycerin simple iodine.
- Water or oil based chlorophyllipt helps to destroy staphylococcus, if you add it to the water to wash the throat.
- Table vinegar or apple vinegar diluted with warm water is used for sore throat, but it is advisable to avoid it as a method to irrigate the inflamed tonsils. Too high risk of damage to mucous tissues, up to irreversible injuries.
- A solution of manganese also requires caution in the preparation and in the process of use. The liquid should be pale pink in color, completely homogeneous. The presence of grains of manganese is unacceptable, as it threatens with burns of the oral mucosa.
- Lemon juice can also be useful for angina. It reduces pain when opening the mouth and swallowing. The solution with it should be prepared so that the patient was comfortable to gargle them. Too much juice may cause damage to the inflamed mucosa.
- Beet juice - the most affordable and budget way to gargle with sore throat. To prepare the solution, grate one large beet (or two small ones) on a fine grater, put it in a bowl and pour a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar at 6% concentration. After four hours, the beetroot mass is squeezed out, the remaining liquid is filtered. The solution is ready to use.
- Infusion of garlic - the easiest solution for gargling with tonsillitis. You just need to pour a couple of cloves with one glass of boiling water and let it brew for one hour. The smell can be unpleasant, but the effect of rinsing is.
Ready solutions for gargling with sore throat:
- Chlorhexidine is sold ready-made (that is, it contains a very low proportion of active substance per cup of water). When prescribing a doctor, you can simply buy it and gargle in accordance with the recommendations.
- Rivanol is also quite effective in the presence of symptoms of angina. It contains boric acid, which in large doses is unacceptable for such use, but in moderation may contribute to a more rapid recovery from angina.
- Broths of chamomile and sage are prepared and applied accordingly instructions, which are listed in the annotation to the product.
- Strong tea leaves made from green tea tones, relieves inflammation. Before rinsing, add a teaspoon of salt to the solution.
In addition to tea, chamomile and sage, there are still many herbal preparations that are suitable for washing the throat with sore throat. Pharmacies have a wide selection of herbs from which you can choose the most suitable option.
Separately, it should be noted washing the throat with probiotics . Probiotics are used in the fight against dysbacteriosis in the intestines, but scientists have concluded that beneficial bacteria are more than suitable for enhancing local immunity of the tissues in the oral cavity. In this case, the goal is to affect the area of inflamed tonsils and palatine arches.
This method of washing does not bear any potential danger and is welcomed as an additional measure to combat viruses and bacteria in tonsillitis and as a means of preventing the recurrence of the disease.
Lactobacillus preparations are freely available and sold in pharmacies. To clarify the method of dilution of drugs for rinsing should consult with your doctor.
- Is it possible to make inhalations with a nebulizer in case of purulent tonsillitis?
- Sore throat in a child of 2-3 years: symptoms, treatment
- Is it possible to use lugol in quinsy?
- Angina without fever: symptoms, treatment
- Sore throat: symptoms, treatment
- Types of sore throats
- Antibiotics for sore throat