Than to gargle with a sore throat in house conditions
The course of rinsing with antiseptic solutions for tonsillitis is considered an additional measure for the elimination of symptoms during the period of medical treatment.
It should be borne in mind that there can be no noticeable effect from this procedure, but, in some cases, the patient feels a noticeable relief immediately after the first rinse.
The effect of rinsing the throat with tonsillitis:
- Easier to purulent fuses
- There is an antiseptic treatment of the site of inflammation localization
- Dryness in the throat is eliminated
- The process of healing of erosion and other mechanical damage occurs more quickly.
Rules to be observed
At first glance it may seem that the procedure is too simple to comply with any special rules. But a violation of the recommendations described below at best can lead to the fact that the rinse will not have an effect, and at worst - even cause physical harm to the patient.
- The throat with angina, you should confine one glass of liquid to one procedure.
- The water that serves as the basis for the solution must be boiled and equal in temperature to body temperature.
- The solution should be prepared immediately before rinsing.
- The patient should strictly observe the dosage of antiseptic substance, which is mixed in water or follow the instructions when preparing herbal decoctions.
- For complete irrigation of the tonsils, you need to tilt your head in the process of rinsing and push the root of the tongue forward as far as possible.
- "Burlit" solution, holding it in the throat, you need at least 30 seconds, preferably longer.
- It is advisable to perform the procedure after brushing your teeth in the morning and evening and several times during the day. There is no need to get up at night and gargle.
- The number of rinses during the day should reach from 7 to 10 procedures.
Do not swallow the rinse!
It is important to know not only how to rinse, but also what drugs and herbs to use for this purpose.
Than to gargle with a sore throat?
Many patients regularly rinse their throat with salt and soda in boiled water. This kind of syringing has become popular quite deservedly, as it facilitates the evacuation of pus from above, from the deep layers of the tonsils, and its elimination. But there are many more types of solutions that can be equally useful.
Solutions for self-preparation:
- Rinsing with furatsilinom has a good antiseptic effect. To do this, you need to dissolve two tablets in boiled water (dissolve badly, you first have to crush the tablet) and gargle 4-5 times a day.
- A solution with the addition of miramistine does not taste or smell and helps to destroy yeast fungi, an infectious agent and various bacteria that are found on the surface of the tonsil mucosa.
- Lugol's solution with glycerin is used alone to lubricate edematous and reddened tonsils, but due to a possible mechanical trauma it is preferable to gargle with a solution with its content. About forty drops dissolve in boiled water and rinse their throats.
In some cases, you can replace Lugol's solution with glycerin with simple iodine.
- Chlorophyllipt on an aqueous or oily basis helps to destroy staphylococci, if added to the water to wash the throat.
- Table or apple cider vinegar , diluted with warm water, is used for angina, but it is advisable to avoid it as a method to irrigate the inflamed tonsils. Too high risk of damage to mucous tissues until irreversible injuries.
- A solution of manganese also requires caution when preparing and during use. The liquid should be pale pink, completely homogeneous. The presence of grains of manganese is unacceptable, since it threatens burns of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity.
- Lemon juice can also be useful in angina. It reduces soreness when opening the mouth and swallowing. A solution with it should be prepared so that the patient can comfortably rinse his throat. Too much juice can damage the inflamed mucosa.
- Beet juice is the most affordable and budgetary way to rinse your throat with sore throat. To make a solution, you need to rub one large beet (or two small ones) on a small grater, place in a bowl and pour a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 6% concentration. After four hours, the beet mass is squeezed out, the remaining liquid is filtered. The solution is ready for use.
- Infusion of garlic - the simplest solution for rinsing the throat with tonsillitis. You just need to pour a couple of teeth with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for one hour. The smell can be unpleasant, but the effect of rinsing is.
Ready solutions for gargling with angina:
- Chlorhexidine is sold in ready-made form (that is, with a very low proportion of active substance per glass of water). When appointing a doctor, you can simply buy it and gargle in accordance with the recommendations.
- Rivanol is also quite effective in the presence of symptoms of angina. It contains boric acid, which in large doses is unacceptable for such use, but in moderate amounts it can contribute to a faster recovery in angina.
- The broths of chamomile and sage are prepared and applied according to the instructions, which are indicated in the annotation to the product.
- Strong tea leaves from green leaf tea tones up, relieves inflammation. Before rinsing, add a teaspoon of salt to the solution.
In addition to tea, chamomile and sage, there are many other herbal remedies that are suitable for washing the throat with angina. In pharmacies there is a wide selection of herbs from which you can choose the most suitable option.
Separately, it should be noted that the throat is washed with probiotics . Probiotics are used in the fight against intestinal dysbacteriosis, but scientists have come to the conclusion that beneficial bacteria are more than suitable for increasing local immunity of tissues in the oral cavity. In this case, the target is the impact on the area of inflamed tonsils and palatine arch.
This method of washing does not carry any potential danger and is welcomed as an additional measure to combat viruses and bacteria in tonsillitis and as a means of preventing recurrence of the disease.
Drugs containing lactobacilli are freely available and are sold in pharmacies. To clarify the way to dilute the rinse aid, you should consult your doctor.
- Is it possible to do inhalations with a nebulizer with a purulent sore throat?
- Angina in a child of 2-3 years: symptoms, treatment
- Can I use lugol in angina?
- Angina without fever: symptoms, treatment
- Angina: symptoms, treatment
- Types of angina
- Antibiotics for angina