Than to gargle with a sore throat in house conditions
The course of rinsing with antiseptic solutions for tonsillitis is considered an additional measure for the elimination of symptoms during the period of medical treatment.
It should be borne in mind that a noticeable effect of this procedure may not be, but, in some cases, the patient feels a noticeable relief immediately after the first rinse.
The effect of gargling with tonsillitis:
- Easier to purulent fuses
- There is an antiseptic treatment of the site of inflammation localization
- Dryness in the throat is eliminated
- The process of healing of erosion and other mechanical damage occurs more quickly.
Rules to be observed
At first glance it may seem that the procedure is too simple to comply with any special rules. But a violation of the recommendations described below at best can lead to the fact that the rinse will not have an effect, and at worst - even cause physical harm to the patient.
- The throat with angina, one should confine one glass of liquid to one procedure.
- The water that serves as the basis for the solution must be boiled and equal in body temperature to body temperature.
- The solution should be prepared immediately before rinsing.
- The patient should strictly observe the dosage of antiseptic substance, which is mixed in water or follow the instructions when preparing herbal decoctions.
- For a complete irrigation of the tonsils, you need to tilt your head in the process of rinsing and push the root of the tongue forward as far as possible.
- "Burlit" solution, holding it in the throat, you need at least 30 seconds, preferably longer.
- It is advisable to perform the procedure after brushing your teeth in the morning and evening and several times during the day. No need to stand up at night and gargle.
- The number of rinses during the day should reach from 7 to 10 procedures.
Do not swallow the rinse!
It is important to know not only how to rinse, but also what drugs and herbs to use for this purpose.
Than to gargle with a sore throat?
Many patients regularly gargle with a solution of salt and soda in boiled water. This kind of syringing has become popular quite deservedly, as it facilitates the evacuation of pus from above, from the deep layers of the tonsils, and its elimination. But there are many more kinds of solutions that can be no less useful.
Solutions for self-preparation:
- Rinsing with furatsilinom has a good antiseptic effect. To do this, you need to dissolve two tablets in boiled water (dissolve badly, you first have to crush the tablet) and gargle 4-5 times a day.
- A solution with the addition of miramistine does not taste or smell and contributes to the destruction of yeast fungi, an infectious agent and various bacteria that are found on the surface of the tonsil mucosa.
- Lugol's solution with glycerin is used on its own to lubricate edematous and reddened tonsils, but due to a possible mechanical trauma it is preferable to gargle with a solution with its content. About forty drops dissolve in boiled water and rinse their throats.
In some cases, you can replace Lugol's solution with glycerin with simple iodine.
- Chlorophyllipt on an aqueous or oil base helps to destroy staphylococci, if added to the water to wash the throat.
- Table or apple cider vinegar , diluted with warm water, is used for angina, but it is advisable to avoid it as a method to irrigate the inflamed tonsils. Too high risk of damage to mucous tissues until irreversible injuries.
- A solution of manganese also requires caution when preparing and during use. The liquid should be pale pink, completely homogeneous. The presence of grains of manganese is unacceptable, since it threatens burns of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity.
- Lemon juice also can be useful in angina. It reduces soreness when opening the mouth and swallowing. A solution with it should be prepared so that the patient can comfortably rinse his throat. Too much juice can damage the inflamed mucosa.
- Beet juice is the most affordable and budgetary way to gargle with a sore throat. To make a solution, you need to rub one large beet (or two small ones) on a small grater, place in a bowl and pour a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 6% concentration. After four hours, the beet mass is squeezed out, the remaining liquid is filtered. The solution is ready for use.
- Infusion of garlic - the simplest solution for rinsing the throat with tonsillitis. You just need to pour a pair of teeth with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for one hour. The smell can be unpleasant, but the effect of rinsing is.
Ready solutions for rinsing throat with angina:
- Chlorhexidine is sold in ready-made form (that is, with a very low proportion of active substance per glass of water). When appointing a doctor, you can simply buy it and rinse your throat according to the recommendations.
- Rivanol is also quite effective in the presence of symptoms of angina. It contains boric acid, which in large doses is unacceptable for such use, but in moderate amounts it can contribute to a faster recovery in angina.
- Broths of chamomile and sage are prepared and applied according to the instructions, which is indicated in the annotation to the product.
- Strong tea leaves from green leaf tea tones up, relieves inflammation. Before rinsing, add a teaspoon of salt to the solution.
In addition to tea, chamomile and sage, there are many other herbal remedies that are suitable for washing the throat with angina. In pharmacies there is a wide selection of herbs from which you can choose the most suitable option.
Separately, it should be noted that the throat is washed with probiotics . Probiotics are used in the fight against intestinal dysbacteriosis, but scientists have come to the conclusion that beneficial bacteria are more than suitable for improving local immunity of tissues in the oral cavity. In this case, the goal is to affect the area of inflamed tonsils and palatine arches.
This method of washing does not carry any potential danger and is welcomed as an additional measure to combat viruses and bacteria in tonsillitis and as a means of preventing recurrence of the disease.
Drugs containing lactobacilli are freely available and are sold in pharmacies. To clarify the way to dilute the rinse aid, you should consult your doctor.
- Is it possible to do inhalations with a nebulizer with a purulent sore throat?
- Angina in a child of 2-3 years: symptoms, treatment
- Can I use lugol in angina?
- Angina without fever: symptoms, treatment
- Angina: symptoms, treatment
- Types of sore throat
- Antibiotics for angina