Buscopan instruction manual
- Buscopan instruction manual
- Form of issue
- Therapeutic effect of the drug
- Instructions for use Buskupana in tablets
- Caveats and Recommendations
- Side effects
- An overdose of the drug
- Compatibility Buskupana with other drugs and alcohol
- Storage conditions for Buskopan in tablets
- Buskopan analogues
- Busopolan price
Buscopan - a drug with a pronounced antispasmodic effect. Relieves spasm of smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, urogenital organs and gallbladder.
Latin name: Buscopan.
Active substance: Hyoscine butyl bromide (Hyoscine butylbromide)
Manufacturer of the product: Boehringer Ingelheim, France.
Blocker of m-holinoretseptorov (antispasmodic).
1 tablet contains 10 mg of active substance - hyoscine butyl bromide.
Auxiliary substances: corn starch - 30 mg, stearic acid - 0.5 mg, tartaric acid - 0.5 mg, silicon dioxide colloid - 4 mg, potato starch soluble - 2 mg, calcium hydrophosphate - 33 mg.
Composition of the tablet shell: sucrose, povidone, talc, acacia gum, titanium dioxide, macrogol, white beeswax, carnauba wax.
Form of issue
Buscopan is available in the form of round biconvex tablets of white color, covered with sugar shell. Tablets are manufactured in the number 10 in one blister - 2 blisters in a cardboard package; Tablets No. 20 in one blister in a cardboard box.
Therapeutic effect of the drug
Buscopan has an antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, urogenital organs and the gallbladder. Under the action of the drug, the secretion of food glands is reduced. Does not possess anticholinergic (inhibition of nerve impulses) influence on the central nervous system.
The drug exhibits spasmolytic effects 15 minutes after ingestion. Mostly excreted through the intestine and in a small amount through the kidneys.
The drug is prescribed for such diseases:
- renal colic;
- Cholecystitis - inflammation of the gallbladder;
- Spasm of the bladder;
- Intestinal colic;
- Biliary colic;
- Dyskinesia of the gallbladder and bile ducts;
- Pilorospazm - reduction of the pylorus of the stomach;
- Exacerbation of peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach (in complex therapy with other drugs)
- Algodismenorea - pain during menstruation.
Buscopan can be prescribed to women before the performance of labor.
According to the instructions, the preparation Buskopan has such contraindications:
- Children's age till 6 years;
- With hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of the main and auxiliary components of the drug;
- pulmonary edema;
- Megacolon - a pathological increase in the colon;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Myasthenia gravis is a genetic disease characterized by fast muscle fatigue;
- First trimester of pregnancy.
Despite the fact that adverse effects on pregnant women and fetuses have not been identified, Buscopan is not used at the beginning of pregnancy. At the latest terms and before the birth of Buskopan can be taken strictly on the advice of a doctor.
Instructions for use Buskupana in tablets
Tablets are administered orally. Children from 6 to 12 years should take 1 tablet up to 3 times a day. Adults can drink 1-2 tablets three times a day. Tablets are abundantly washed down with plain water.
Caveats and Recommendations
When using Buscopan, special instructions should be observed:
- To cancel taking the drug should be gradual, as a sharp cancellation can cause dizziness, nausea and sweating;
- It is recommended not to overheat during physical exertion, in a heat, bath, bath, sauna, etc .;
- If dry mouth is observed for two weeks or more, there is a risk of developing fungal infections, damaging the gums, teeth, enamel;
- When taking Buscopan tablets, you should be extremely cautious when driving vehicles or occupations that require concentration.
Usually Buscopan in tablets is well tolerated, rare cases of side effects were mild and passed without additional intervention.
Such side effects were noted:
- Urticaria , itching, irritation and peeling of the skin;
- Dryness in the oral cavity;
- labored breathing;
- Arrhythmia, tachycardia ;
- Problems with urination.
Immediately cancel the drug and consult a doctor if symptoms such as:
- Suspicions of intestinal obstruction or obstruction of the urinary tract;
- Hyperplasia (benign) of the prostate;
- Abdominal pain of unknown origin;
- nausea, vomiting;
- Change in the frequency of bowel movements or the presence of blood veins in the stool;
- Decreased blood pressure or fainting.
An overdose of the drug
There were no cases of overdose with Buskopan tablets, but it is not necessary to exclude the appearance of symptoms listed in the list of side effects.
In case of overdose, the following manipulations should be carried out:
- Rinse the stomach;
- To drink activated charcoal or other adsorbing preparations;
- Apply holinomimetiki intramuscularly and intravenously.
The remaining complications can be suppressed by symptomatic therapy.
Compatibility Buskupana with other drugs and alcohol
- Simultaneous acceptance of Buscopan with metoclopramide from nausea (or other antagonists of dopamine) results in the weakening of each other's actions, the therapeutic effect is lost;
- When taking Buskopan with beta-adrenomimetics, tachycardia increases;
- Reception of Buskopan table. With antidepressants and antiallergic agents leads to an intensification of anticholinergic action.
During the course of treatment Buskopanom reception of alcoholic drinks should be strictly excluded, so it is established that taking ethanol can cause a number of side effects.
Storage conditions for Buskopan in tablets
The drug is recommended to store at temperatures up to +25 degrees Celsius. Keep medicinal product away from children. Expiration date of Buskopan in tab. - 5 years.
Analogues of the drug Buskopan according to the active substance: Does not exist.
Analogues of the preparation Buskopan on pharmacological action:
- Extract of Krasavki;
The average price of tablets Buskopan № 20 - 320 rubles.