Buscopan instructions for use
- Buscopan instructions for use
- Release form
- Therapeutic effect of the drug
- Instructions for use Buscopan tablets
- Warnings and recommendations
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- Compatibility Buscopan with other drugs and alcohol
- Storage conditions of Buscopan in tablets
- Buscopan analogues
- Buscopan Price
Buscopan is a drug with a pronounced antispasmodic effect. Relieves spasm of the smooth muscles of the digestive tract, urinary organs and gall bladder.
Latin name: Buscopan.
Active ingredient: Hyoscine butylbromide (Hyoscine butylbromide)
The manufacturer of the drug: Beringer Ingelheim, France.
M-cholinergic receptor blocker (antispasmodic).
1 tablet of the drug contains 10 mg of the active substance - hyoscine butyl bromide.
Excipients: corn starch - 30 mg, stearic acid - 0.5 mg, tartaric acid - 0.5 mg, colloidal silicon dioxide - 4 mg, soluble potato starch - 2 mg, calcium phosphate - 33 mg.
The composition of the tablet shell: sucrose, povidone, talc, acacia gum, titanium dioxide, macrogol, beeswax white, carnauba wax.
Buscopan is available in the form of white sugar-coated round biconvex tablets. Tablets are issued No. 10 in one blister - 2 blisters in a carton; tablets No. 20 in one blister in a carton.
Therapeutic effect of the drug
Buscopan has an antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, urinary organs and gall bladder. Under the action of the drug reduces the production of secretion of food glands. It does not have anticholinergic (inhibition of nerve impulses) effect on the central nervous system.
The drug exhibits antispasmodic action 15 minutes after administration. Mostly excreted through the intestines and in small amounts through the kidneys.
The drug is prescribed for such diseases:
- renal colic;
- cholecystitis - inflammation of the gallbladder;
- spasm of the bladder;
- intestinal colic;
- biliary colic;
- dyskinesia of the gallbladder and biliary ducts;
- pylorospasm - pyloric contraction;
- exacerbation of duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer (in combination therapy with other drugs)
- Algomenorrhea - pain during menstruation.
Buscopan can be given to women before labor activity.
According to the instructions, the drug Buscopan has the following contraindications:
- children up to 6 years;
- with hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to the main and auxiliary components of the drug;
- pulmonary edema;
- megacolon - pathological enlargement of the colon;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- myasthenia is a genetic disease characterized by rapid muscle fatigue;
- first trimester of pregnancy.
Despite the fact that an adverse effect on pregnant women and the fetus is not identified, Buscopan is not used at the beginning of pregnancy. In the last periods and before delivery, Buscopan can be taken strictly on the recommendation of a doctor.
Instructions for use Buscopan tablets
Tablets are administered orally. Children from 6 to 12 years old should take 1 tablet up to 3 times a day. Adults can drink 1-2 tablets three times a day. Tablets drink plenty of plain water.
Warnings and recommendations
When therapy with Buscopan should follow special instructions:
- The drug should be discontinued gradually, as a sudden withdrawal can cause dizziness, nausea and sweating;
- it is recommended not to overheat during physical exertion, in heat, bath, bath, sauna, etc .;
- if dry mouth is observed for two weeks or more, then there is a risk of fungal infections, damage to the gums, teeth, enamel;
- during the reception of Buscopan tablets should be extremely careful while driving or occupations that require concentration.
Buscopan is usually well tolerated in tablets, rare cases of side effects were mild and did not take place without additional intervention.
The following side effects have been noted:
- urticaria , itching, irritation and flaking of the skin;
- dry mouth;
- labored breathing;
- arrhythmia, tachycardia ;
- problems urinating.
It should immediately discontinue the drug and consult a doctor if such symptoms are observed:
- suspected intestinal obstruction or obstruction of the urinary tract;
- hyperplasia of the (benign) prostate;
- abdominal pain of unknown origin;
- nausea, vomiting;
- change in the frequency of bowel movements or the presence of blood in the feces;
- low blood pressure or fainting.
Cases of overdose with Buscopan tablets have not been established, but the occurrence of the symptoms listed in the list of side effects should not be ruled out.
In case of overdose, the following manipulations should be carried out:
- flush the stomach;
- drink activated carbon or other adsorbing drugs;
- apply cholinomimetics intramuscularly and intravenously.
The remaining complications can be suppressed by symptomatic therapy.
Compatibility Buscopan with other drugs and alcohol
- The simultaneous taking of Buscopan with metoclopramide for nausea (or other dopamine antagonists) leads to the weakening of each other's actions, the therapeutic effect is lost;
- When receiving Buscopan with beta-adrenomimetikov tachycardia increases;
- Reception Buscopan tab. with anti-depressants and anti-allergic drugs leads to increased anticholinergic action.
During the course of treatment with Buscopan, the intake of alcoholic beverages should be strictly excluded, so it has been established that the intake of ethanol can cause a number of side effects.
Storage conditions of Buscopan in tablets
The drug is recommended to be stored at temperatures up to +25 degrees Celsius. It is necessary to keep the drug away from children. Expiration date Buskan in tab. - 5 years.
Analogues of the drug Buscopan on the active substance: Does not exist.
Analogues of the drug Buscopan on pharmacological action:
- Belladonna extract;
The average price of Buscopan number 20 tablets is 320 rubles.