Buserelin spray application instructions
- Buserelin spray application instructions
- Release form
- Therapeutic effect of the drug
- Prescription drug
- Contraindications drug Buserelin:
- Instructions for use Buserelin
- Warnings and recommendations
- Side effects
- Drug overdose
- Compatibility of buserelin nasal with other drugs and alcohol
- Storage conditions and shelf life
- Structural analogues of the drug Buserelin nasal spray
- Buserelin spray price
Buserelin - a drug with a pronounced antitumor effect. This drug is a synthetic analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Buserelin is used for hormonal pathology of the reproductive system ( uterine fibroids , endometriosis, endometrial hyperplastic processes)
International name of the drug: Buserelin (Buserelin)
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Synthetic analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Immunomodulators and anticancer drugs.
Active ingredient: Buserelin acetate.
Manufacturer of the drug: CJSC Farm-Sintez, Moscow, Russia
One vial contains 2.1 mg of buserelin acetate. 1 dose contains 150 µg of the active substance.
Excipients: water for injection up to 1 ml, benzalkonium chloride - 0.1 mg.
1 bottle of dark glass contains 17.5 ml of the drug. The bottle with a dosing stopper pump is produced in a carton.
Therapeutic effect of the drug
Pharmacological action - antiandrogenic, antigonadotropic and antiestrogenic.
Beserelin - a synthetic analogue of the natural hormone. The drug increases the amount of sex hormones in the body. The use of Buserelin in therapeutic doses after 2 weeks leads to a complete blockade of the pituitary gonadotropic function. As a result, suppression of the production of sex hormones in the ovaries and a decrease in the amount of estradiol in the blood plasma to the level of post-menopausal values. The drug is rapidly absorbed through the nasal mucosa. The active substance is slightly excreted in breast milk.
The drug is used in the pathology of the reproductive system, which depends on hormones and is characterized by an excess amount of estrogen (female sex hormones). The main indications for the use of the drug:
- endometriosis in the pre- and postoperative periods;
- endometrial hyperplastic processes;
- uterine fibroids;
- infertility (during an extracorporal fertilization program);
- hormone-type prostate tumor;
- mammary cancer.
Contraindications drug Buserelin:
- gestation period (all trimesters);
- Hypersensitivity to the active and auxiliary substances of the drug.
With extreme caution and only on the recommendation of a doctor prescribed medication:
- with hypertension;
- persons suffering from diabetes.
Instructions for use Buserelin
For the treatment of uterine fibroids, endometriosis and endometrial hyperplastic processes, the drug is prescribed nasally (after cleansing the sinuses) 900 mcg per day. A full press of the pump releases a dose of 150 micrograms. The daily dose of the drug is divided into 3 doses with an equal break of 6-8 hours. It is necessary to begin treatment with buserelin on the first or second day of the beginning of the menstrual cycle, the drug is administered without interruption throughout the course of treatment. Usually, the course of treatment is 4-6 months.
For the treatment of infertility, the drug is administered intranasally at a dose of 150 mcg (1 injection) in each nostril up to 4 times a day. Reception should be separated by equal intervals of time. The daily dose ranges from 900 micrograms to 1200 micrograms. The beginning of therapy is prescribed on day 2 or on days 21-24 of the menstrual cycle.
Warnings and recommendations
- Patients in a state of depression, as well as with hypertension and diabetes mellitus should be treated strictly under the supervision of a specialist.
- Ovulation calendar should be monitored under strict supervision and consultation with a doctor.
- At the beginning of treatment, the drug can cause an ovarian cyst.
- Repeated treatment is prescribed after research and on the recommendation of a doctor.
- Patients using contact lenses may experience eye irritation.
- May irritate the nasal mucosa;
- The use of Buserelin in combination with the surgical type of treatment facilitates the speedy recovery and reduces the frequency of relapses.
- Prior to the initiation of therapy with this drug, it is necessary to exclude pregnancy and hormonal contraceptive use.
- During the period of treatment, utmost care should be taken during driving and occupations that require high concentration of attention.
- From the side of the central nervous system: nervousness, fatigue, headache and dizziness, disturbed sleep phase, drowsiness, decreased concentration and memory, the development of depression.
- From the vestibular apparatus and sensory organs: a feeling of pressure on the eyeball, impaired vision and hearing, noise in the ears.
- On the part of the endocrine system: rush of blood and heat to the face and upper chest, dry vagina, increased sweating, decreased libido, abdominal pain (lower), reduced minerals in the bones, menstrual bleeding can occur very rarely.
- Since the cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, tachycardia .
- On the part of the digestive system: thirst, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, changes in body weight.
- Allergic reactions: angioedema, bronchospasm (rare), urticaria , pruritus, anaphylactic shock.
- Other side effects: nosebleeds (in isolated cases), swelling of the feet and ankles, pulmonary embolism, increased or weakened hair growth on the body and head, pain in the joint and back.
- Local reactions: dryness and pain in the nose, irritation of the nasal mucosa.
If the symptoms listed above begin to bother you, you should immediately consult your doctor for advice, prescribe treatment of symptoms or stop taking Buserelin at all.
To date, no cases of overdose with Buserelin have been reported.
Compatibility of buserelin nasal with other drugs and alcohol
The use of Buserelin nasal with drugs that contain sex hormones may contribute to the development of ovarian hyperstimulation. Buserelin can suppress the therapeutic effect of hypoglycemic agents.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug Buserelin nasal spray refers to List B. Stored in a dark place away from the reach of children. The required temperature is 8-25 degrees Celsius. Shelf life - 3 years.
Structural analogues of the drug Buserelin nasal spray
- Superefactory depot;
- Buserelin FSintez;
- Buserelin Long FS;
- Buserelin Depot;
- Buserelin acetate.
Buserelin spray price
The average price of the drug Buserelin spray for nasal use is 640 rubles.