Buserelin Spray Instructions for Use
- Buserelin Spray Instructions for Use
- Form of issue
- Therapeutic effect of the drug
- Appointment of the drug
- Contraindications Bucerelin:
- Instructions for use Buselelina
- Caveats and Recommendations
- Side effects
- An overdose of the drug
- Compatibility Buserelina nasal with other drugs and alcohol
- Storage conditions and expiration dates
- Structural analogs of the drug Buserelin Spray nasal
- Buserelin Spray Price
Buserelin - a drug with a pronounced antitumor effect. This drug is a synthetic analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Applied Buserelin with hormonal pathology of the reproductive system ( uterine myoma , endometriosis, hyperplastic processes of the endometrium)
International drug name: Buserelin (Buserelin)
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Synthetic analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Immunomodulators and antitumor drugs.
Active substance: Buserelina acetate.
Producer of the drug: ZAO Farm-Sintez, Moscow, Russia
One bottle contains 2.1 mg buserelin acetate. One dose contains 150 μg of active substance.
Excipients: water for injections up to 1 ml, benzalkonium chloride - 0.1 mg.
Form of issue
1 bottle of dark glass contains 17.5 ml of the drug. A vial with a metering stopper pump is available in a cardboard box.
Therapeutic effect of the drug
Pharmacological action - anti-androgenic, antigonadotropic and anti-estrogenic.
Beserelin is a synthetic analogue of the natural hormone. The drug increases the amount of sex hormones in the body. The use of Buserelin in therapeutic doses after 2 weeks leads to a complete blockade of the gonadotropic function of the pituitary gland. As a result - the suppression of the production of sex hormones in the ovaries and a decrease in the amount of estradiol in the blood plasma to the level of postmenopausal values. The drug is quickly absorbed through the nasal mucosa. The active substance is slightly excreted in breast milk.
Appointment of the drug
The drug is used in the pathology of the reproductive system, which depends on hormones and is characterized by an excessive amount of estrogen (female sex hormones). The main indications for the use of the drug:
- endometrikoz in the pre- and postoperative periods;
- hyperplastic processes of the endometrium;
- uterine myoma;
- infertility (when carrying out an extracorporeal fertilization program);
- prostate cancer of the hormonal type;
- mammary cancer.
- pregnancy period (all trimesters);
- hypersensitivity to active and auxiliary substances of the drug.
With extreme caution and only on the recommendation of a doctor prescribe the drug:
- with arterial hypertension;
- people suffering from diabetes.
Instructions for use Buselelina
For the treatment of uterine myoma, endometriosis and hyperplastic endometrial processes, the drug is prescribed nasally (after cleansing of the sinuses) at 900 micrograms per day. A full depression of the pump gives a dose of 150 mcg. The daily dose of the drug is divided into 3 doses with an equal interval of 6-8 hours. Start the treatment Busereline is needed on the first or second day of the menstrual cycle, the drug is administered without interruption throughout the course of treatment. Usually the course of treatment is aged from 4 to 6 months.
For infertility treatment, the drug is administered intranasally at a dose of 150 μg (1 injection) into each nostril up to 4 times a day. The reception should be divided equally. The daily dose varies from 900 μg to 1200 μg. The beginning of therapy is prescribed on day 2 or on day 21-24 of the menstrual cycle.
Caveats and Recommendations
- Patients in a state of depression, as well as with arterial hypertension and diabetes should undergo treatment strictly under the supervision of a specialist.
- The ovulation calendar should be monitored under strict supervision and consultation by a physician.
- At the beginning of treatment, the drug can cause the ovarian cyst.
- A second course of treatment is prescribed after the examination and on the recommendation of the doctor.
- Patients using contact lenses may experience eye irritation.
- Irritation of the nasal mucosa is possible;
- The use of Buserelin in combination with the surgical type of treatment contributes to an early recovery and reduces the frequency of relapses.
- Before the start of therapy with this drug, pregnancy and hormonal-type contraceptive use should be excluded.
- During the treatment period, extreme care should be taken during the management of motor vehicles and occupations that require increased concentration.
- From the side of the central nervous system: nervousness, fatigue, headache and dizziness, sleep phase disturbance, drowsiness, decreased concentration of attention and memory, the development of depression.
- From the side of the vestibular apparatus and sense organs: a feeling of pressure on the eyeball, impaired vision and hearing, tinnitus.
- On the part of the endocrine system: a rush of blood and heat to the face and upper chest, dryness of the vagina, increased sweating, decreased libido, abdominal pain (at the bottom), a decrease in minerals in the bones, very rarely may occur menstrual bleeding.
- From the cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, tachycardia .
- On the part of the digestive system: thirst, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, nausea, anorexia, changes in body weight.
- Allergic reactions: angioedema, bronchospasm (rarely), hives , itching, anaphylactic shock.
- Other side effects: nasal bleeding (in single cases), edema of the feet and ankles, pulmonary embolism, strengthening or weakening of hair growth on the body and head, pain in the joint and back.
- Local reactions: dryness and pain in the nose, irritation of the nasal mucosa.
If you start to worry about the above symptoms, you should immediately seek advice from a doctor, prescribe treatment for symptoms or completely cancel the treatment of Buserelin.
An overdose of the drug
For today, there are no known cases of overdose with Buselelin.
Compatibility Buserelina nasal with other drugs and alcohol
The use of Buserelin nasal with drugs that contain sex hormones can contribute to the development of ovarian hyperstimulation. Buserelin is able to suppress the therapeutic effect of hypoglycemic agents.
Storage conditions and expiration dates
The drug Buserelin Spray nasal refers to List B. Keep in a dark place away from children. The required temperature regime is 8-25 degrees Celsius. Shelf life - 3 years.
Structural analogs of the drug Buserelin Spray nasal
- Depreciable depot;
- A sepref fact;
- Buserelin FSintez;
- Buserelin Long FS;
- Buserelin depot;
- Buserelina acetate.
Buserelin Spray Price
The average price of the drug Buserelin Spray for nasal application is 640 rubles.