Buserelin-Long: instructions for use
- Buserelin-Long: instructions for use
- Release form
- pharmachologic effect
- Possible side effects
- Methods of administration and dosage
- Special instructions table
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Drug interactions
- Buserelin-Long analogues
- Vacation conditions
- Terms and conditions of storage
- Buserelin Long Price
The drug is available in the form of a lyophilisate contained in a vial (capacity 10 ml), made of dark colored glass. A solvent is attached to the ampoule with which the suspension is prepared for intramuscular injection. In the carton is 1 ampoule and 1 solvent.
1 vial contains the main active ingredient - buserelin (in the amount of 3, 75 mg, in terms of buserelin acetate 3.93 mg) and auxiliary components:
- Polysorbate 80 - 2 mg;
- d-mannitol - 85 mg;
- sodium carmesol - 30 mg;
- glycolic and dl-lactic acid - 200 mg.
The solvent is mannitol (0.8% solution).
The drug has the following effects on the body:
Buserelin-Long is able to bind to receptors of cells located in the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. And for two weeks is able to completely block its gonadotropic functions. Also, the drug is subject to the process of inhibition of follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormones.
As a result of taking Buserelin-Long can be observed:
- decrease in blood levels of estradiol up to post-menopausal indicators;
- decrease in testosterone concentration in testicles;
- suppression of sex hormones located in the ovaries.
- Infertility (during in vitro fertilization).
- The flow of hyperplastic processes in endometrial tissues.
- Uterine fibroids .
- Endometriosis (during periods before and after surgery).
- Breast cancer.
- Cancer (hormone-dependent) prostate.
- Periods of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- The presence of individual intolerance to any of the components of the drug.
Possible side effects
|Are common||Among women||In men|
| 1. Pulmonary thromboembolism of unknown etiology (rare)
2. Dyspeptic manifestations (rarely)
3. Bone demineralization with an increased risk of osteoporosis
4. Manifestations of urticaria
5. Redness of the skin
| 1. Reduced libido
2. Pain in the abdominal cavity
3. Dryness of the vaginal mucosa
7. Frequent and drastic mood changes.
8. Sleep Disorder
10. Bloody vaginal discharge
| 1. Obstruction of the ureters (rare)
2. Pressure on the spinal cord (rare)
3. Reduced potency (this side effect sometimes requires the use of substitution therapy or the complete abolition of the drug)
4. Difficult urination
5. Weakness in the muscle tissues of the lower extremities
6. Puffiness (face, eyelids, legs)
7. Increased androgen levels in the blood.
9. Rush of blood to facial tissues.
Information about the cases of drug overdose has been reported.
Methods of administration and dosage
The drug is intended only for intramuscular administration. Preparation of suspension for injection should be carried out immediately before the introduction of the drug. There is a solvent in the package.
It is also worth recalling that a person with experience in carrying out such procedures should be involved in diluting the drug with a solvent and injecting the drug.
In the treatment of infertility (in the complex IVF)
The drug is administered in the amount of 3.75 mg before hyperstimulation on the 21-24th or on the 2nd day of the menstrual cycle. After the pituitary function becomes depressed (this is evidenced by a decrease in the level of estrogen in the blood serum, but hormones should not be less than 50%), patients are prescribed gonadotropic hormones.
This method of treatment should be carried out with the mandatory establishment of control over the level of estradiol and periodic ultrasound monitoring. Therapy with this drug can not be applied to patients who have ovarian cysts.
When treating uterine fibroids
A single dose of intramuscularly administered drug should not exceed 3.75 mg. Buserelin-Long is applied in the first 5 days of the menstrual cycle, followed by a four-week break. The course of treatment before surgery is 3 months, in any other cases - six months.
In the treatment of endometriosis and hyperplastic changes in endometrial tissues
The drug is administered at 3, 75 mg in the first 5 days of the menstrual cycle with an interval of one month. The therapeutic course should last from 4 to 6 months.
In the treatment of hormone-dependent prostate cancer
Buserelin-Long is injected at 3.75 mg by intramuscular injection 1 time per month. The course of treatment is determined at the discretion of the attending physician.
Special instructions table
|Are common||For women||For men|
|Doing work that requires high concentration of attention, such as driving a car, is not recommended.|| 1. Functionality of the ovaries, after discontinuation of the drug, are restored after about 3 months
2. While taking Buserelin-Long, you should not use hormonal contraceptives.
3. Before using the drug should exclude the presence of pregnancy
4. If induction of ovulation is performed, it is necessary to strictly follow all the doctor's instructions.
5. If a depressive state is observed while taking the drug, the patient should be under the supervision of a physician.
|In order to avoid the development of side effects that may occur mainly in the first phase of Buserelin-Long, it is recommended to take anti-androgenic drugs. They need to be taken 15 days before the start of therapy with Busererlin-Long and for the next 15 females after the start of therapy.|
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
The drug is contraindicated.
A high probability of developing such a syndrome as ovarian hyperstimulation occurs due to the simultaneous administration of Buserelin-Long and drugs that contain sex hormones.
Buserelin-Long has the ability to reduce the effect of hypoglycemic drugs.
- Buserelin acetate solution.
- Buserelin Depot.
- Buserelin FSintez.
The drug is released only upon presentation of the prescription form.
Terms and conditions of storage
Buserelin-Long is recommended to be stored in a dark place at a temperature of + 8 ° C to + 20 ° C.
Buserelin Long Price
Buserelin-Long FS powder, lyophilized for the preparation of an injection of 3.75 mg - 3700-4300 rubles.