Brustan user manual
- Brustan user manual
They are produced in the form of tablets coated with a film coating.
Tablets are oval in shape, orange in film coating.
Active ingredients: paracetamol, ibuprofen.
Additional components; starch, calcium, purified talc, povidone.
Sheath: orange color, purified water, titanium dioxide.
The drug Brustan, is an anti-inflammatory and nonsteroidal agent, has an analgesic effect. Non-narcotic.
It is a combined remedy. It is used as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic medicine.
Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory substance. Paracetamol - an analgesic, does not belong to the drug group. Additionally has antipyretic effect. Helps cope with pain of various origins, relieves inflammation, including joint diseases. very rarely causes a side effect and an overdose.
Ibuprofen has a good absorption from the stomach. Maximum absorption occurs within 1 hour. Virtually everything has the ability to bind to plasma proteins. Half-life is about 3 hours. It is excreted mainly with urine, almost 90%. Complete excretion of ibuprofen occurs after 24 hours.
Paracetamol is also rapidly absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract. Maximum absorption after 1-1.5 hours.
Indications for use
Brustan is prescribed for the following diseases and symptoms:
- acute respiratory infections, which are accompanied by fever and infectious inflammation;
- rheumatoid arthritis ;
- with pain syndromes of different intensity;
- pain associated with the postoperative period;
- menstrual pain;
- pain and inflammation in the joints.
Brustan is contraindicated in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to ibuprofen or paracetamol;
- possible allergic reactions to the components of the drug;
- seizures of bronchial asthma;
- urticaria ;
- treatment with acetylsalicylic acid;
- diseases of the nasal mucosa;
- ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- inflammatory processes of the intestine;
- acute renal or hepatic insufficiency;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children under 12 years.
With extreme caution should be taken in patients with heart failure, blood diseases and in old age. With prolonged admission may complicate the presence of heart disease.
Pregnancy and lactation period
The drug Brustan is contraindicated during pregnancy. The components of the drug have the ability to penetrate the placenta. The effect of Brustan on the fetus was not investigated. The application is possible only if the positive effect of taking several times exceeds the possible negative consequences.
Do not recommend taking the product during breastfeeding, the active ingredients are able to penetrate into breast milk. If the course of treatment by Brustan can not be canceled, the child should be transferred to artificial feeding.
Application and dosage
Taking the drug orally, preferably after eating, as the therapeutic effect is enhanced.
Adults and children over 16 years: appoint 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Children from 12 years to 16 years of age: the body weight of the child should be more than 40 kg. Take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
The duration of the course should be determined by the attending physician and depends on the type of the disease and the symptoms displayed.
The drug rarely leads to side effects, but there may be the following symptoms:
- from the gastrointestinal tract: a feeling of nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, dryness of the mouth;
- allergy: rash, redness, swelling, itching;
- Cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, arrhythmia;
- CNS: the onset of a headache, a feeling of fatigue and anxiety, sleep disturbance, sometimes dizziness;
- Organs of hearing: there may be a ringing in the ears.
- In more rare cases, dyspnea, impaired kidney function, cystitis , eye irritation may occur.
Experts say that there have been practically no cases of overdose. In case of occurrence, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Symptoms of overdose:
- pain in the epigastric region;
- significant reduction in blood pressure;
- allergic reactions.
- prescribe gastric lavage within an hour after using the drug;
- reception of sorbents;
- drink based on alkalis.
Further, the treatment will depend on the symptoms.
Interaction with other drugs
Gold preparations increase the effect of ibuprofen, which negatively affects the work of the kidneys, and increases the risk of nephrotoxicity.
Hematotoxicity of Brustan increases with simultaneous administration of myelotoxic agents.
Second-generation antibiotics may increase the risk of poor blood clotting;
Drugs that depress the activity of the coagulating blood system when taken with Brustan can lead to bleeding.
Ibuprofen reduces the anti-inflammatory effect of other drugs.
The course of therapy Brustan should be as short as possible, and the dose is minimal. The doctor should set the time for treatment.
During the period of treatment, it is necessary to monitor the functioning of the liver and kidneys, as well as blood coagulability. It should be regularly carried out a blood test for hemoglobin. Patients are not recommended during the treatment to drink alcohol and engage in severe physical and mental activities. Also, you should stop using caffeine.
Form of issue
Tablets in a film shell. Each blister contains 10 pieces, packed in a cardboard box.
Keep in a dark and dry place out of the reach of children.
Shelf life 3 years from the date of manufacture.
It is released according to the prescription of the attending physician.
Brustan tablets 10 pieces - 100-150 rub.