Brustan instructions for use
- Brustan instructions for use
Available in the form of film-coated tablets.
Tablets of an oval form, orange color in a film cover.
Active ingredients: paracetamol, ibuprofen.
Additional components; starch, calcium, talc purified, povidone.
Shell: orange dye, purified water, titanium dioxide.
The drug Brustan, is an anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal agent, has an analgesic effect. Non-narcotic.
It is a combination tool. It is used as an anesthetic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic medicine.
Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory substance. Paracetamol is an analgesic, not a drug group. Additionally, it has antipyretic effect. Helps to cope with pains of various origins, relieves inflammation, including with joint diseases. very rarely causes side effects and overdose.
Ibuprofen has good absorption from the stomach. Maximum absorption occurs within 1 hour. Virtually all have the ability to bind to plasma proteins. The half-life is about 3 hours. Excreted mainly with urine, almost 90%. Complete ibuprofen excretion is observed in a day.
Paracetamol is also able to be rapidly absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract. Maximum absorption after 1-1.5 hours.
Indications for use
Brustan is prescribed for the following diseases and symptoms:
- acute respiratory diseases that are accompanied by fever and infectious inflammation;
- rheumatoid arthritis ;
- with pain syndromes of varying intensity;
- pain associated with the postoperative period;
- menstrual pains;
- pain and inflammation in the joints.
Brustan is contraindicated for use in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to ibuprofen or paracetamol;
- possible allergic reactions to the components of the drug;
- bouts of bronchial asthma;
- urticaria ;
- treatment with acetylsalicylic acid;
- diseases of the nasal mucosa;
- ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- intestinal inflammation;
- acute renal or hepatic impairment;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children under 12 years old.
With extreme caution should be taken in patients with heart failure, blood disorders and in old age. With long-term use may complicate the presence of heart disease.
Gestation and lactation period
The drug Brustan is contraindicated during pregnancy. The components of the drug have the ability to penetrate the placenta. The effect of Brustan on the fetus was not investigated. Application is possible only when the positive effect of the reception exceeds by times the possible negative consequences.
It does not recommend taking the drug during lactation, the active substances are able to penetrate into breast milk. If the treatment with Brustan cannot be canceled, the child should be transferred to artificial feeding.
Application and dosage
The drug is taken orally, preferably after a meal, as the therapeutic effect is enhanced.
Adults and children over 16 years old: prescribe 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Children from 12 years to 16 years: the body weight of the child should be more than 40 kg. Take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
The duration of the course should be determined by the attending physician and will depend on the type of the disease and the symptoms shown.
The drug rarely causes side effects, however, the following symptoms may occur:
- from the digestive tract: a feeling of nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, dry mouth;
- allergies: rash, redness, swelling, itching;
- Cardiovascular system: high blood pressure, arrhythmia;
- CNS: the occurrence of headache, feeling tired and anxious, sleep disturbance, sometimes dizziness;
- Organs of hearing: ringing in the ears is possible.
- In more rare cases, dyspnea, kidney dysfunction, cystitis , eye irritation may occur.
Experts say that there were almost no cases of overdose. In case of occurrence, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor.
Symptoms of overdose:
- epigastric pain;
- a significant decrease in blood pressure;
- allergic reactions.
- designate gastric lavage for one hour after consuming the drug;
- reception of sorbents;
- alkaline drink.
Further, the treatment will depend on the symptoms.
Interaction with other drugs
Preparations of gold increase the effect of ibuprofen, which adversely affects the kidneys, increasing the risk of nephrotoxicity.
The hematotoxicity of Brustan is increased while taking myelotoxic drugs.
2nd generation antibiotics may increase the risk of poor blood clotting;
Drugs that inhibit the activity of the blood coagulation system when taken with Brustan can lead to bleeding.
Ibuprofen reduces the anti-inflammatory effect of other drugs.
The course of therapy with Brustan should be as short as possible and the dose should be minimal. Set the time of treatment should a doctor.
During the period of treatment it is necessary to monitor the work of the liver and kidneys, as well as blood clotting. It should be regularly performing a blood test for hemoglobin. Patients are not recommended to take alcohol during treatment and to engage in severe physical and mental activity. Also, you should abandon the use of caffeine.
Tablets in a film cover. Each blister contains 10 pieces, packed in a cardboard box.
Store in a dark and dry place out of the reach of children.
Expiration date 3 years from the date of manufacture.
It is released on prescription by the attending physician.
Brustan tablets 10 pieces - 100-150 rubles.