Bronchorus syrup user's manual
Bronchorus is a preparation with mucolytic and expectorant action, which is released in the form of a syrup, active active ingredient is ambroxol hydrochloride.
Additional components: propylene glycol, sorbitol liquid, purified water, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipazole), sodium saccharinate, food flavor.
Bronchorus syrup has a pronounced expectorant, secretory and secretory effect. The active component of ambroxol hydrochloride stimulates the motor function of the ciliary epithelium of the bronchial mucosa, which increases the mucociliary transport (excretion of mucus from the tracheobronchial tree.
Due to such properties, the viscosity of sputum is significantly reduced and its expectoration is improved.
When administered orally, the therapeutic effect occurs after 30 minutes and reaches its maximum after 2 hours. The effect of the drug is maintained for 6-12 hours.
The drug is rapidly adsorbed into the digestive tract, the maximum values in the blood plasma are observed after 2 hours from the moment of taking the syrup.
Bronchorus binds to plasma proteins by 80%. It can penetrate the BBB, the placenta, a small part of the drug is excreted in breast milk.
The medicinal syrup is metabolized in the liver, forming with glucuronic conjugates and dibromantranilic acid.
It is excreted mainly by the kidneys: 10% - unchanged and 90% of water-soluble metabolites.
Dosing and Administration
Bronchorus in the form of syrup is intended for children under 12 years.
In 5 ml (1 teaspoon) syrup contains 15 mg of active substance ambroksola hydrochloride.
The drug is taken orally, preferably during or after a meal, the syrup should be washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid: juice, tea or water.
- Adults and children from 12 years: 10 ml of syrup (2 tsp) 3 three times / day for the first 3 days, then - 10 ml of syrup twice / day or 1 tsp. thrice / day.
- In advanced or severe cases, the dosage of the drug is the maximum throughout the course of treatment.
- Children 5-12 years: 5 ml of syrup (1 tsp) 2-3 times / day, or 2.5 ml of syrup (1/2 tsp) three times / day;
- Children under 2 years - 2.5 ml of syrup (1/2 tsp) twice / day.
Bronchorus in the form of syrup should not be used more than 4-5 days of medical appointment.
Use of the drug in pediatric practice for the treatment of children under 2 years of age should be carried out under the careful supervision of the treating specialist.
Bronchorus is designed to treat the following conditions, which are accompanied by a difficult sputum discharge:
- bronchitis in acute or chronic stage;
- COPD (as part of complex therapy);
- bronchial asthma with obstructed sputum;
- bronchoectatic disease.
Who is contraindicated with the drug?
Medication Bronchorus is forbidden to take in the following cases:
- hereditary intolerance to fructose;
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- hypersensitivity to active components.
Special care must be taken when taking the drug to patients with a history of hepatic or renal insufficiency, JAW and 12 duodenal ulcer. Application in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, as well as during the period of breastfeeding Bronchorus can be appointed exclusively by the treating specialist.
If the recommended dosage is not observed, such phenomena as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, dyspepsia can be observed.
- gastric lavage;
- call artificial vomiting;
- eating foods that are high in fat.
Information on drug interactions
It is highly discouraged to combine Bronchorus with antitussive drugs, which leads to an even greater sputum subsidence against the background of a decrease in the cough reflex.
Ambroxol hydrochloride is able to enhance the effect of antibiotic therapy (doxycycline, amoxicillin , erythromycin, cefuroxime).
In fact, in all cases, this drug is well tolerated by the body. But there are cases of manifestations of side effects, among which may be:
- From the gastrointestinal tract: a prolonged reception can provoke nausea, vomiting, gastralgia; not often - diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth.
- On the part of the respiratory system: rhinorrhea, dryness of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract;
- From the skin and mucous membranes: urticaria , skin rash, allergic dermatitis. In some cases, infrequent cases can cause angioedema angioedema and anaphylactic shock (in patients with predisposition;
- Other: headache, general weakness, exanthema, dysuria.
If you have any similar symptoms, stop taking the medication and seek medical help immediately.
Bronchorus syrup does not contain sugar, it can be prescribed to patients with diabetes mellitus.
During the treatment period, special care must be taken in the process of working with moving mechanisms and when driving vehicles, since this type of activity requires increased attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Before the beginning of therapeutic treatment it is important to get advice from a treating specialist. The effectiveness of Bronchorus directly depends on careful compliance with all medical appointments.
Terms and conditions of storage
Syrup Bronchorus should be stored in a dry, protected from moisture and light, at a temperature of 15 to 25 ° C. Shelf life from the date of manufacture is 3 years.
Keep away from children. The drug can be purchased at a retail pharmacy network without a special prescription, but before starting therapy, you should carefully read the official annotation.
Bronchorus syrup price
Bronchorus 100 ml - 45-55 rub.