Bronchore syrup instruction manual
Bronchosis is a drug with mucolytic and expectorant action, which is produced in the form of a syrup, ambroxol hydrochloride acts as an active ingredient.
Additional components: propylene glycol, sorbitol liquid, purified water, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipazol), sodium saccharinate, food flavoring.
Bronchore syrup has a pronounced expectorant, secretomotor and secretolytic effect. The active component of ambroxol hydrochloride stimulates the motor function of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchial mucosa, which increases mucociliary transport (removal of mucus from the tracheobronchial tree.
Due to these properties, a significant reduction in sputum viscosity occurs and its expectoration is improved.
With oral administration, the therapeutic effect occurs after 30 minutes and reaches its maximum after 2 hours. The effect of the drug lasts for 6-12 hours.
The drug is rapidly adsorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum values in the blood plasma is observed after 2 hours from the time of syrup.
The bronchus is 80% bound to plasma proteins. It can penetrate the BBB, the placenta, a small part of the drug is excreted in breast milk.
Drug syrup is metabolized in the liver, forming glucuronic conjugates and dibromantranilic acid.
Excreted mainly by the kidneys: 10% - unchanged and 90% of water-soluble metabolites.
Dosing and Administration
Bronchus syrup is intended for children under 12 years old.
5 ml (1 teaspoon) of syrup contains 15 mg of the active ingredient Ambroxol hydrochloride.
The drug is taken orally, preferably with meals or after it, the syrup should be washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid: juice, tea or water.
- Adults and children from 12 years: 10 ml of syrup (2 tsp.) 3 times a day for the first 3 days, then 10 ml of syrup twice / day or 1 tsp. thrice / day
- In advanced or severe cases, the dosage of the drug is maximum throughout the course of treatment.
- Children 5-12 years old: 5 ml of syrup (1 tsp.) 2-3 times / day, or 2.5 ml syrup (1/2 tsp.) Three times / day;
- Children under 2 years old - 2.5 ml syrup (1/2 tsp) twice a day.
A bronchus in the form of a syrup should not be applied for more than 4-5 days of medical appointment.
The use of the drug in pediatric practice for the treatment of children under 2 years of age should be carried out under the careful supervision of the attending specialist.
Bronchosis is intended for the treatment of the following conditions, which are accompanied by difficulty in sputum production:
- bronchitis in the acute or chronic stage;
- COPD (as part of complex therapy);
- bronchial asthma with difficult sputum;
Who is the drug contraindicated?
Bronhorus medication is forbidden to take in the following cases:
- hereditary intolerance to fructose;
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- hypersensitivity to active ingredients.
Special care must be taken when taking the drug in patients with a history of hepatic or renal failure, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer. Application in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, as well as during the breastfeeding period. Bronchhorus can be appointed exclusively by the attending specialist.
If the recommended dosage is not followed, such phenomena as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and dyspepsia may occur.
- gastric lavage;
- challenge artificial vomiting;
- eating foods high in fat.
Drug Interaction Information
It is not recommended to combine the reception of Bronhorus with preparations of antitussive action, this leads to even more sedimentation of sputum due to a decrease in the cough reflex.
Ambroxol hydrochloride is able to enhance the effect of antibiotic therapy (doxycycline, amoxicillin , erythromycin, cefuroxime).
In fact, in all cases, this drug is well tolerated by the body. But there may be cases of side effects, among which may be:
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract: long-term use may cause nausea, vomiting, gastralgia; not often - diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth.
- On the part of the respiratory system: rhinorrhea, dryness of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract;
- On the part of the skin and mucous membranes: urticaria , skin rash, allergic dermatitis. In some infrequent cases, angioedema of the angioedema of the angioedema and anaphylactic shock may occur (in patients with predisposition;
- Others: headache, general weakness, rash, dysuria.
If you have any similar symptoms, you must stop taking the medication and immediately seek medical attention.
Bronhorus syrup does not contain sugar, it can be prescribed to patients with diabetes.
During the period of treatment, special care should be taken in the process of working with moving mechanisms and when driving vehicles, since this type of activity requires increased attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Before starting a therapeutic treatment, it is important to get advice from the attending specialist. The effectiveness of Bronhorus is directly dependent on the careful observance of all medical prescriptions.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bronhorus syrup should be stored in a dry place, protected from moisture and light, at a temperature of 15 to 25 ° C. The shelf life from the date of manufacture is 3 years.
Keep out of the reach of children. The drug can be purchased at retail pharmacies without a special prescription, but before starting therapy, you should carefully read the official annotation.
Bronchorus syrup price
Bronhorus 100 ml - 45-55 rubles.