Bronchipret syrup instruction manual
Bronchipret is a herbal medicine from the group of expectorant drugs.
The composition of syrup Bronchipret includes such active ingredients: liquid extract of ivy leaves and thyme. The drug is available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml.
Citric acid, purified water, ethanol, potassium sorbate are used as auxiliary components.
Bronchipret helps to provide anti-inflammatory, expectorant, secretolytic, bronchodilator effect. The use of syrup allows you to facilitate the process of diluting the sputum and speed up the process of its removal.
Syrup should be taken after meals.
Dosage for patients with age:
- Children from 3 months to a year are recommended to take 10-16 drops of the drug three times a day.
- Patients older than 12 months are prescribed from 17 drops of the drug three times a day. For each subsequent year, you must add 3 drops.
The dosage of the syrup is also calculated based on the patient's body weight:
- For children from 3 months to a year: from 10 to 16 drops three times a day.
- For patients older than 12 months of age, the following formula works: the total number of drops of the drug = 1 drop of syrup per 1 kg of patient weight + 10 drops. The drug should be taken three times a day.
Calculation of the dosage of the drug using a measuring cup:
- Children from 3 months to a year - 1.1 ml of syrup three times a day.
- 1 year-2 years - 2.2 ml of syrup three times a day.
- 2 years-6 years - 3.2 ml of syrup three times a day.
- 6 years-12 years old - 4.3 ml of syrup three times a day.
- Adults and patients over the age of 12 - 5.4 ml of syrup three times a day.
The course of treatment is from 10 days to 2 weeks. The use of the drug may be longer in the case of objective indications for admission and on the recommendation of the attending physician.
If the syrup is used undiluted, it is recommended to drink it with water.
In case of overdose may develop diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting.
In this case, it is recommended to wash the stomach and take activated charcoal.
Indications for admission
The indication for the use of the drug Bronchipret is a complex therapy of acute and chronic respiratory diseases, which are accompanied by coughing and the formation of difficult to separate sputum: bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, tracheitis.
Bronchipret is contraindicated for use in case of individual intolerance to the active or auxiliary drugs.
The composition of the syrup is ethanol, therefore, the use of the drug is contraindicated in patients with alcoholism, epilepsy, as well as severe violations of the normal functioning of the kidneys and liver, as well as head injuries.
Bronchipret cannot be used by women during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as during the treatment of patients younger than 3 months of age.
The use of syrup Bronchipret can contribute to the development of allergic reactions.
Interaction with other drugs
Bronchipret is not recommended to be used in conjunction with other drugs that contribute to the provision of antitussive effect.
As required, Bronchipret can be used in conjunction with antibacterial drugs.
If during treatment with Bronchipret syrup, the main manifestations of the disease persist for 10 days - 2 weeks, a second examination of the doctor and examination are required.
Ethanol is a part of Bronchipret, therefore the drug is used with extreme caution during the treatment of patients in younger age groups.
Syrup can be used by patients with a history of diabetes.
During prolonged storage, the syrup may become slightly cloudy, and precipitation may also occur. This does not affect the effectiveness of the medication.
Shake the vial of syrup before using it.
Storage Bronchipret syrup should be carried out in a dark place, protected from sunlight. Storage temperature - no more than 25 degrees. During storage, precipitation may occur.
Analogues of the drug Bronchipret can be drugs, which include extracts of ivy leaves and thyme.
The cost of medication Bronchipret in Moscow pharmacies was formed as follows:
- Syrup, 50 ml (Bionorika) - 170-190 rubles.
- Syrup, 100 ml (Bionorika) - 280-330 rubles.