Bronchipret Syrup Instructions for Use
Bronchitis is a herbal medicinal product from the group of expectorants.
The composition of the syrup Bronchipret includes such active components: a liquid extract of ivy and thyme leaves. The drug is available in vials of 50 and 100 ml.
As auxiliary components, citric acid, purified water, ethanol, potassium sorbate are used.
Bronchrotret promotes the provision of anti-inflammatory, expectorant, secretolitic, bronchodilator effect. The use of syrup makes it easier to thin the sputum and accelerate the process of its excretion.
Method of administration, dose
Syrup should be taken after meals.
Dosage for patients with age:
- Children from 3 months to one year are recommended to take 10-16 drops of the drug three times a day.
- Patients over 12 months are prescribed from 17 drops of the drug three times a day. For each subsequent year, it is necessary to add 3 drops.
Dosage of the syrup is also calculated taking into account the patient's body weight:
- For children from 3 months to a year: from 10 to 16 drops three times a day.
- For patients over 12 months of age, the following formula works: total drops of drug = 1 drop of syrup per 1 kg of patient weight + 10 drops. The drug should be taken three times a day.
Calculation of the dosage of the drug using a measuring cup:
- Children from 3 months to 1 year - 1.1 ml of syrup three times a day.
- 1 year-2 years - 2.2 ml of syrup three times a day.
- 2 years-6 years - 3.2 ml of syrup three times a day.
- 6 years-12 years - 4.3 ml of syrup three times a day.
- Adults and patients older than 12 years of age - 5.4 ml of syrup three times a day.
The course of treatment is from 10 days to 2 weeks. The use of the drug may be more prolonged in case of objective indications for admission and on the recommendation of the attending physician.
If the syrup is used in undiluted form, then it is recommended to drink it with water.
In case of an overdose, it is possible to develop diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting.
In this case, it is recommended to rinse the stomach and take activated charcoal.
Indications for admission
The indication for the use of Bronchipret is the complex therapy of acute and chronic respiratory illnesses, which are accompanied by a cough and the formation of hard-to-separate sputum: bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, tracheitis.
Bronchitis is contraindicated for use in case of individual intolerance of active or auxiliary drugs.
The composition of the syrup includes ethanol, so the drug is contraindicated in patients with alcoholism, epilepsy, as well as severe violations of the normal functioning of the kidneys and liver, as well as with head injuries.
Bronchitis can not be used by women during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and during treatment of patients younger than 3 months of age.
The use of syrup Bronchipret may promote the development of allergic reactions.
Interaction with other drugs
Bronchitis is not recommended for use with other drugs that contribute to the antitussive effect.
As necessary, Bronchitis can be used in conjunction with antibacterial drugs.
If, on the background of treatment with Bronchipret syrup, the main manifestations of the disease persist for 10 days - 2 weeks, a second examination of the doctor and a survey are required.
Bronchipret contains ethanol, so the drug is used with extreme caution in the treatment of patients of younger age groups.
Syrup can be used by patients who have a history of diabetes mellitus.
With prolonged storage, the syrup may become slightly cloudy, and precipitation may also occur. This does not affect the effectiveness of the medication.
Before using the medicine, the vial of the syrup should be shaken thoroughly.
Storage of syrup Bronchitis should be carried out in a dark place, protected from sunlight. Storage temperature - no more than 25 degrees. In the course of storage, precipitation may occur.
Analogues of the drug Bronchipret may be medicines, which include extracts of ivy leaves and thyme.
The cost of the drug Bronchipret in pharmacies in Moscow was formed as follows:
- Syrup, 50 ml (Bionoric) - 170-190 rub.
- Syrup, 100 ml (Bionoric) - 280-330 rub.