Bromocriptine-Richter instructions for use
- Bromocriptine-Richter instructions for use
- Release form
- Therapeutic effect of the drug
- Application of Bromocriptine-Richter:
- Contraindications bromocriptine:
- Instructions for use
- Side effects:
- Drug overdose
- Storage conditions Bromocriptine-Richter
- Analogs of Bromocriptine-Richter on the active substance:
- Bromocriptine-richter price
Bromocriptine is a highly effective dopamine receptor agonist in the treatment of parkinsonism and various endocrine disorders (menstrual cycle, infertility, reduced lactation)
International Generic Name: Bromocriptine
Active ingredient: Bromocriptine mesilate
The manufacturer of the drug: JSC "Gideon Richter", Hungary.
Drug for the treatment of urogenital organs and sex hormones.
One tablet of bromocriptine contains 2.5 mg of the active substance bromocriptine mesilate and auxiliary components such as corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, cellulose, talc, povidone, lactose monohydrate.
Round, flat, white tablets with a diameter of 7 mm, with dividing risk on one side and engraving "2.5" on the back. Tablets of 30 pieces per bottle, in one carton is one bottle.
Therapeutic effect of the drug
Bromocriptine is a derivative of ergot alkaloids. Stimulates the central and peripheral processes of dopamine receptors. As a result, a decrease in the hormone prolactin and suppression of lactation, the effect appears 8 hours after ingestion. The drug normalizes the menstrual cycle, treats infertility. Effectively reduces the number of cysts in the mammary glands and ovaries. It reduces the size of pituitary adenomas. Reduces rigidity, tremor and slowness of movements at all stages of the development of Parkinson's disease, the effect appears 30-90 minutes after taking the pills. Reduces the number of manifestations of depression maintains the effect over the years.
Application of Bromocriptine-Richter:
- with violations of the menstrual cycle;
- treatment of female infertility;
- with polycystic ovaries;
- for the treatment of cysts and benign tumors in the mammary glands;
- with mastalgia - pain in the mammary glands before the menstrual cycle;
- to suppress physiological lactation;
- for the treatment of pituitary adenoma;
- in complex therapy to reduce growth hormone in the body;
- at all stages of Parkenson's disease.
- individual intolerance to bromocriptine, ergot alkaloids and excipients that make up the drug;
- pregnancy and its associated toxicosis, but the first 8 weeks of pregnancy, the drug does not affect the fetus;
- increased blood pressure in the postpartum period;
- tremor - rhythmic contractions of the muscles of the body;
- Horech Getchinsona;
- children up to 15 years, since there is no clinical experience;
- cardiovascular diseases (including high and low blood pressure);
- liver failure;
- ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
With extreme caution, the drug is prescribed to patients suffering from parkinsonism with symptoms of dementia during lactation and at the same time carrying out therapy to reduce pressure.
Instructions for use
The dosage depends on the nature of the disease. The course of treatment is determined by the doctor. The maximum permissible dose per day - 30 mg, should be taken with meals (preferably during breakfast or dinner).
- With infertility and irregular menstruation, 1.25 mg dosage is prescribed 2 or 3 times a day. On the recommendation of the doctor, the dose can be increased to 7.5 mg per day. The course of treatment continues until ovulation and full recovery of the monthly cycle. To prevent recurrence, it is recommended to continue treatment with the drug for several more menstrual cycles.
- Treatment of premenstrual syndrome starts from the 14th day of the cycle, at 1.25 mg per day, the dose is gradually increased to 5 mg per day. So continue until the onset of menstruation.
- Male hyperprolactinemia is treated with 1.25 mg 2 or 3 times a day. Gradually, the dose of bromocriptine is increased to 5-10 mg per day.
- Prolactinomas are treated with 1.25 mg 2 or 3 times a day. Gradually, the dose of bromocriptine is increased to several tablets per day. The course of treatment is continued to the desired level of prolactin in the body.
- With acromegaly, the initial dose is 1.25 mg up to 3 times a day, it is allowed to gradually increase the daily dose to 10-20 mg.
- To stop lactation and with postpartum mastitis on the first day, drink the minimum dose - 1.25 mg in the morning and evening. The next 2 weeks is receiving bromocriptine 2.5 mg 2 times a day. The course of suppression of lactation begin within a few hours after childbirth or abortion (but not earlier than after 4 hours). After 3 days of taking the pills, there is a slight excretion of milk, to completely stop taking it, prolong it by a week.
- When compaction of the mammary glands after childbirth, 2.5 mg of bromocriptine is drunk once. After 6-12 hours the dose can be repeated, it will not affect the halt of milk production.
- Benign lesions in the mammary glands are treated with 1.25 mg tablets up to 3 times a day, the dose is allowed to be increased to 7.5 mg per day.
- Treatment of Parkinson's disease begins with a minimum dose of 1.25 mg per day. Tablets are best taken in the evening, the course - 1 week. Then the dose is increased by another 1.25 mg every week, the daily dose is divided into 2-3 doses. After 6-8 weeks, the therapeutic effect begins to appear.
Women in the treatment process should temporarily abandon hormonal contraception. It is not allowed to take the drug with other drugs based on ergot alkaloids. Alcohol impairs the tolerability of the drug, so during treatment it is necessary to refuse alcohol.
- usually signs of side effects appear immediately, from the gastrointestinal tract there is nausea and vomiting, therefore, 1 hour before taking pills, it is recommended to take metoclopramide for nausea;
- dizziness, headache, fatigue;
- rarely orthostatic hypotension (fainting during an abrupt change in body position);
- drowsiness, sudden sleep, mental agitation, hallucinations, dyskinesia, visual impairment and a decrease in its acuity;
- dry mouth, oral candidiasis, periodontal disease, caries ;
- cramps in the calf muscles;
- allergic reaction, which may be accompanied by a rash and nasal congestion.
If you have the above symptoms, you should stop taking bromocriptine-richter. With prolonged use , Raynaud syndrome , confusion and loss of consciousness, ulcers and bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, and sometimes spinal fluid from the nasal passages can occur. Sometimes there may be pain in the back, abdomen, decreased appetite, nausea and vomiting.
In case of overdose, metoclopramide is recommended.
Storage conditions Bromocriptine-Richter
The drug is recommended to be stored in a dark and cool place away from the reach of children. Shelf life Bromocriptine-Richter - 3 years.
Analogs of Bromocriptine-Richter on the active substance:
- Apo Bromocriptine;
- Bromocriptine KV;
- Bromocriptine poly;
- Bromocriptine mesilate;
Average price of Bromocriptine-Richter: 360 rubles