Bromocriptine Richter instructions for use
- Bromocriptine Richter instructions for use
- Form of issue
- Therapeutic effect of the drug
- Application of Bromocriptine-Richter:
- Contraindications Bromocriptine:
- Instructions for use
- Side effects:
- An overdose of the drug
- Bromocriptine-Richter storage conditions
- Bromocriptine-Richter analogs for the active ingredient:
- Bromocriptine-Richter price
Bromocriptine is a highly effective dopamine receptor agonist in the therapy of parkinsonism and various endocrine disorders (menstrual cycle, infertility, decreased lactation)
International Nonproprietary Name: Bromocriptine
Active ingredient: Bromocriptine mesylate
The manufacturer of the drug: JSC "Gedeon Richter", Hungary.
A drug for the therapy of urogenital organs and sex hormones.
In one Bromocriptine tablet contains 2.5 mg of active ingredient Bromocriptine mesylate and auxiliary components such as corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, cellulose, talc, povidone, lactose monohydrate.
Form of issue
Round, flat, white tablets with a diameter of 7 mm, with a separation risk on one side and an engraving "2.5" on the back. Tablets of 30 pieces in a vial, in one carton pack there is one bottle.
Therapeutic effect of the drug
Bromocriptine is a derivative of ergot alkaloids. Stimulates the central and peripheral processes of dopamine receptors. As a result - reduction of the hormone prolactin and inhibition of lactation, the effect manifests itself 8 hours after admission. The drug normalizes the menstrual cycle, treats infertility. Effectively reduces the number of cysts in the mammary glands and ovaries. Reduces the size of adenomas of the pituitary gland. Reduces rigidity, tremor and slowness of movements at all stages of the development of Parkinson's disease, the effect manifests itself 30-90 minutes after taking the tablets. Reduces the number of manifestations of depression persists for many years.
Application of Bromocriptine-Richter:
- with violations of the menstrual cycle;
- treatment of female infertility;
- with polycystic ovaries;
- for the treatment of cysts and benign lesions in the mammary glands;
- with mastalgia - pain in the mammary glands before the menstrual cycle;
- for suppression of physiological lactation;
- for the treatment of pituitary adenoma;
- in complex therapy to reduce growth hormone in the body;
- at all stages of Parkinson's disease.
- individual intolerance to bromocriptine, ergot alkaloids and excipients included in the formulation;
- pregnancy and concomitant toxicosis, but the first 8 weeks of pregnancy the drug does not affect the fetus;
- high blood pressure in the postpartum period;
- tremor - rhythmic contractions of the muscles of the body;
- Hutchinson's chorea;
- children under 15 years of age, since there is no clinical experience;
- cardiovascular diseases (including high and low blood pressure);
- liver failure;
- ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
With extreme caution, the drug is prescribed for patients suffering from Parkinsonism with symptoms of dementia, during lactation and simultaneous therapy to lower blood pressure.
Instructions for use
Dosage depends on the nature of the disease. The course of treatment is set by the doctor. The maximum allowable dose per day is 30 mg, it should be taken with meals (preferably during breakfast or dinner).
- With infertility and menstrual irregularities, a dosage of 1.25 mg 2 or 3 times a day is prescribed. On the recommendation of a doctor, the dose can be increased to 7.5 mg per day. The course of treatment continues until ovulation and a complete recovery of the monthly cycle. For the prevention of relapse, it is recommended to continue treatment with the drug for several more menstrual cycles.
- Treatment of premenstrual syndrome begins with the 14th day of the cycle at 1.25 mg per day, increasing the dose gradually to 5 mg per day. So continue until the onset of menstruation.
- Male hyperprolactinemia is treated with 1.25 mg 2 or 3 times a day. Gradually, the dose of Bromocriptine is increased to 5-10 mg per day.
- Prolactinomas are treated with 1.25 mg 2 or 3 times a day. Gradually, the dose of Bromocriptine is increased to several tablets per day. The course of treatment is continued to the desired level of prolactin in the body.
- In acromegaly, the initial dose is 1.25 mg to 3 times a day, it is allowed to gradually increase the daily dose to 10-20 mg.
- To stop lactation and postpartum mastitis on the first day, the minimum dose is drunk - 1.25 mg in the morning and in the evening. The next 2 weeks are taken Bromocriptine 2.5 mg 2 times a day. The course of suppression of lactation begins within a few hours after childbirth or abortion (but not earlier than 4 hours later). After 3 days of prima tablets, there is an insignificant discharge of milk, for a complete cessation of it, the intake is prolonged for a week.
- When compaction of mammary glands after childbirth, one-time 2.5 mg of bromocriptine is drunk. After 6-12 hours, the dose can be repeated, this does not affect the stopping of milk production.
- Benign formations in the mammary glands are treated with the use of tablets of 1.25 mg up to 3 times a day, the dose is allowed to be increased to 7.5 mg per day.
- Treatment of Parkinson's disease begins with a minimum dose of 1.25 mg per day. The tablets are best taken in the evening, the course is 1 week. Then the dose is increased by another 1.25 mg every week, the daily dose is divided into 2-3 doses. After 6-8 weeks, a therapeutic effect begins to appear.
Women in the process of treatment should temporarily abandon hormonal contraception. It is not allowed to take the drug with other drugs based on ergot alkaloids. Alcohol impairs the tolerability of the drug, so during the period of treatment should abandon alcoholic beverages.
- usually signs of side effects manifest immediately, from the gastrointestinal tract there is nausea and vomiting, so 1 hour before taking the tablets recommend taking metoclopramide against nausea;
- dizziness, headache, fatigue;
- rarely orthostatic hypotension (fainting with a sharp change in body position);
- there is drowsiness, sudden falling asleep, mental arousal, hallucinations, dyskinesia, impaired vision and decreased acuity;
- dry mouth, oral candidiasis, periodontal disease, caries ;
- cramps in the calf muscles;
- an allergic reaction that may be accompanied by a rash and stuffiness of the nose.
If you have the above symptoms, you should cancel taking Bromocriptine-Richter. With prolonged admission , Raynaud's syndrome may occur, confusion and loss of it, ulcer and bleeding in the digestive tract, sometimes spinal fluid discharge from the nasal passages. Sometimes there may be pain in the back, abdomen, there is a decreased appetite, nausea and vomiting.
An overdose of the drug
- arterial hypotension;
In case of overdose, metoclopramide is recommended.
Bromocriptine-Richter storage conditions
The drug is recommended to store in a sheltered from light and cool place away from children's access. Shelf life of Bromocriptine-Richter is 3 years.
Bromocriptine-Richter analogs for the active ingredient:
- Apo Bromocriptine;
- Bromocriptin KV;
- Bromocriptine Poly;
- Bromocriptine mesylate;
Average price of Bromocriptine-Richter: 360 rubles