Brizantin tablets instructions for use
The drug Brizantin is a combined drug that is used to treat nicotine addiction. This drug restores homeostasis (constancy of the internal environment) and improves the functional activity of the brain in terms of withdrawal from nicotine. Stimulates the cannabinoid receptors of the central nervous system.
Release form and composition
Brisanthin is available in the form of lozenges. The composition of one tablet contains several active active ingredients, which include:
- Affinity-purified antibodies to the brain-specific protein S-100 (they are adsorbed on lactose molecules in several dilutions of the alcohol solution) - 0.006 g.
- Affinity-purified antibodies to the cannabinoid receptor type 1 - 0.006 g.
Also included in the preparation are excipients lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose. The tablets are packaged in cardboard packaging in the amount of 40 pieces, it also contains instructions for the use of the drug.
Brizantin resorption tablets are a combination drug used in the treatment of nicotine addiction. It contains 2 active active ingredients - affinity purified antibodies to the brain-specific protein S-100 and antibodies to the type 1 cannabinoid receptor. They have various therapeutic effects on the central nervous system and cerebral cortex, which include:
- Neuroprotective - a protective effect on neurocytes (neurons) in terms of their restructuring on functioning without nicotine.
- Antioxidant - bind free radicals, the molecules of which have an unpaired electron in their composition, therefore, have a high chemical activity and destroy the structures and cell membrane of neurocytes.
- Antihypoxant - improve energy processes in neurocytes and increase their resistance to insufficient oxygen.
- Improving the transmission of nerve impulses in the synapses of various brain structures, which was disrupted due to the systematic entry of nicotine into the body.
- Membranotropic action - suppress the generation of excessive amounts of nerve impulses in neurocytes.
- They contribute to enhancing the inhibitory effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid in the cerebral cortex, thereby reducing the feeling of discomfort, anxiety and tension during the process of disaccustoming from nicotine.
These pharmacological effects are realized by modulating protein S-100 and cannabinoid receptors in the limbic system of the brain. The drug stimulates the functioning of the limbic system, improves the positive attitude, which helps reduce the severity of craving for psychoactive substances, in particular nicotine. Also, pills reduce the severity of the emotional symptoms of nicotine withdrawal - irritability, depression, low mood, internal discomfort. This leads to a decrease in the number of cigarettes smoked during the day. The drug has no carcinogenic properties and its reception does not lead to weight gain.
Due to the impossibility of accurate determination of low concentrations of active ingredients of Brizantin tablets, the pharmacokinetics of the drug remains insufficiently studied.
Indications for use
The use of Brizantin tablets is indicated to reduce withdrawal symptoms during smoking cessation (treatment of nicotine addiction). Their use is possible in the first hours and days of quitting. Also, the drug is effective for reducing the psychological imperative desire to smoke after a considerable period of time after quitting.
The only absolute contraindication to the use of Brizantin resorption tablets is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the main active ingredients or components of the drug. Also, due to the lack of reliable data on possible harm, the drug is not used for children under the age of 16, pregnant or lactating women. If necessary, may be used for pregnant women, after assessing the ratio of the probability of the expected benefit to the mother and the potential risk to the developing fetus.
Dosage and administration
During the treatment of nicotine addiction, Brizantin tablets dissolve (the tablet must be in the oral cavity until it is completely absorbed). The average dose is 2-3 tablets per day. With a strong, imperative desire to smoke allowed resorption of 5-6 tablets during the day. As the symptoms of withdrawal diminish, the dose of the drug is reduced. The recommended course of use of the drug is 3 months.
Brizantin resorption tablets are well tolerated. Sometimes there are reactions of individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the components of the drug in the form of skin rashes, nausea or vomiting.
Before you start using the drug, you must carefully study its instructions. The drug contains lactose, so it is used with caution for people with lactase deficiency, malabsorption syndrome, congenital galactosemia or other pathological conditions accompanied by an insufficient amount of the lactase enzyme (responsible for digesting and splitting lactose in the digestive tract). Brizantin tablets do not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration. They also do not interact with drugs of other pharmacological groups. In pharmacies, the drug is available without a prescription. In case of doubts or questions, you should consult with your doctor.
With a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose may develop nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. In this case, the drug is stopped. If necessary, symptomatic therapy is carried out.
The drug Tabex has a similar pharmacological effect.
Terms and conditions of storage
Brizantin resorption tablets shelf life is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Store the drug should be in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature of air not higher than + 25 ° C.
Brisanthin lozenges, 40 pcs. - 280-350 rubles.