Take pills instruction manual
Bral tablets are a combined drug with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and spasmolytic therapeutic effect. They are used for symptomatic therapy of various diseases accompanied by inflammation or spasm of hollow organs, primarily the gastrointestinal tract.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Bral is available in the form of tablets that have a round shape and a pale yellow color. They contain several basic active substances, which include:
- Metamizole sodium - 500 mg.
- Fenpiverinia bromide 0.1 mg.
- Pitofenone hydrochloride - 5 mg.
As auxiliary components, the tablet contains magnesium stearate, corn starch (anhydrous), povidone, lactose, methylhydroxybenzoate, and purified talc. Bral tablets are packaged in a blister for 10 pieces. One cardboard pack contains 1, 2 or 10 blisters with the appropriate number of tablets, as well as instructions for use.
Bral tablets are combined preparations, they belong to the pharmacological group of non-narcotic analgesics (anesthetics) and antispasmodics. Their therapeutic effect is provided by 3 active substances:
- Metamizole sodium - has analgesic and antipyretic effect due to blockade of the synthesis of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins (activators of inflammatory reaction accompanied by pain and body temperature increase).
- Fenpiverinia bromide - is a substance that blocks M-holinoretseptory, due to which reduces the tone of smooth muscles and eliminates their spasm (spasmolytic effect).
- Pitophenone hydrochloride - directly affects the tone of the smooth muscles of the walls of hollow organs, leading to a decrease in the severity of spasm.
After taking the tablets taken inside, the active substances reach a therapeutic concentration in the blood for half an hour, sucked into it from the intestinal lumen. They penetrate well into the brain tissue through the blood-brain barrier, the fetus's body through the placental barrier and into breast milk. Their metabolism mostly passes in the hepatocytes (liver cells), the intermediate products of decay are excreted from the body with urine by the kidneys.
Indications for use
Bral tablets are used in the case of inflammation, pain or spasm of smooth muscles in various pathological conditions:
- Hepatic colic, which is the result of spasm of the muscles of the gallbladder and bile ducts in cholelithiasis.
- Pain in the abdomen due to spasm of the small or large intestine with various pathological conditions (acute intestinal infection, enterocolitis, insufficiency of digestive enzymes).
- Renal colic is a severe pain caused by the passage of the stone along the urinary tract with urolithiasis.
- Algodismenorea - painful menstruation.
- Headache, migraine-like conditions, accompanied by a spasm of the venous vessels of the brain and a violation of the outflow of blood from it.
Also for temporary symptomatic therapy, Bral tablets can be used for various other types of pain - joint pain with arthritis and arthrosis, toothache, pain in muscles of various origins.
Contraindications for use
Receiving tablets Brale is contraindicated in a number of pathological and physiological states of the body, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the main active ingredients or components of the drug.
- The pathology of the kidneys or liver, accompanied by a lack of their functional activity.
- Deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the body.
- Granulocytopenia - a decrease in the number of certain types of leukocytes in the blood (eosinophils, neutrophils, basophils).
- Closed-angle form of glaucoma, accompanied by increased intraocular pressure.
- Hyperplasia (increase in cell mass) of the prostate gland in men.
- Intestinal obstruction of any origin, both functional and mechanical.
- Pregnancy at any time and breastfeeding.
- Children under 5 years.
- Allergies to a group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which include the pill Braal.
The presence of possible contraindications should be identified before the drug is used.
Dosing and Administration
Pills are taken internally without chewing. It is advisable to take the reception after a meal, since on an empty stomach it is possible to develop negative reactions on the part of the digestive system. The dose of the drug depends on the age and severity of the symptoms of inflammation or spasm in the hollow organs:
- Children aged 5 to 7 years - ½ tablets 2-3 times a day.
- Children aged 7-8 years - ¾ tablets 2-3 times a day.
- Children aged 8-15 years - 1 tablet 2-3 times a day.
- Adults and children over the age of 15 years - 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, depending on the severity of the pain. The daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.
The duration of the course of admission should not exceed 5 days, with further use increases the risk of side effects of the drug.
In recommended therapeutic doses, the drug Bral is well tolerated. Sometimes it is possible to develop such side effects or negative reactions after taking the tablets:
- Allergic reactions - manifested by the development of rashes on the skin, its itching, urticaria (a characteristic rash and swelling of the skin, reminiscent of a nettle burn). Less likely to be severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema angioedema (pronounced swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face and genitals). Very rarely develop anaphylactic shock (multiple organ failure on the background of a progressive decrease in blood pressure).
- On the part of the digestive system and gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, burning sensation in the stomach, dry mouth.
- From the central nervous system - dizziness, sleep disturbance, increased sweating.
- From the cardiovascular system - a decrease in systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypotension), tachycardia (increased heart rate), cyanosis (cyanosis of the skin).
- With prolonged use for more than 5 days, changes in the blood system and in the red bone marrow develop - a decrease in the number of granulocytes, erythrocytes and platelets.
- Changes in the urinary system in the form of urine retention, functional kidney failure, the appearance of protein in the urine, staining the urine in red, interstitial nephritis (toxic inflammation of the kidneys).
- The skin can develop a severe toxic reaction - Stevenson-Johnson syndrome (malignant exudative erythema) or Lyell's syndrome (toxic epidermal necrolysis).
In case of symptoms of side effects and negative reactions, the drug should be stopped and consult a doctor.
Before you start taking the Bral tablets, you should read the instructions for using the drug, pay attention to these special instructions:
- Long-term intake of more than 5 days is possible only on strict indications under medical supervision and constant determination of laboratory indicators of the functional activity of the kidneys, liver and blood system.
- Admission of the drug during pregnancy is excluded, in the case of breastfeeding - the child is transferred to food with artificial adapted milk formulas.
- Children aged 5 to 18 years old are prescribed by the doctor only.
- During the period of drug use, alcohol intake is excluded, as this increases its toxic effect on the liver.
- During the parallel intake of drugs from other pharmacological groups, it is necessary to warn the attending physician about this.
- It is not recommended during the reception of the tablets Brac to perform work that requires an increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts about its use, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
If the recommended therapeutic dose is significantly exceeded, the symptoms of intoxication develop - nausea, vomiting, pain in the stomach, violations of the liver and kidneys, convulsions . In this case, the drug is stopped, gastric, intestinal, detoxification and symptomatic therapy are performed.
Analogues of tablets Brol
Analogues of tablets Bral on the therapeutic effect are Spazmalgon, Noshpalgin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of tablets taken from the moment of their manufacture is 5 years. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C.
Took the price
I took pills, 20 pieces - 65-85 rubles.