Kidney pain, symptoms and treatment
- Pain in the kidney area: possible causes
- Kidney pain: concomitant symptoms
- What to do with kidney pain?
- Pain in the kidney: treatment
Pain of any nature in the kidney area is always a signal that something is broken in the body. Recognize where the pathological process is localized is not so simple, because the pain in the retroperitoneal space does not always signal kidney diseases, in some cases it can be manifestations of stretching of the back muscles, osteochondrosis and many other pathologies.
Pain in the kidney area: possible causes
Unpleasant and painful sensations in the lower back may be one of the symptoms of the following pathologies:
- Hepatic colic;
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine;
- Bowel diseases;
- Pancreatitis ;
- Attack of acute appendicitis.
Kidney can be ill with such diseases:
- Pyelonephritis is a disease caused by an inflammatory process in the region of the kidney loaches, which is accompanied by blunt, aching, pressing pains in the lumbar region.
- Glomerulonephritis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the glomeruli of the kidneys. As a rule, glomerulonephritis develops as a complication of untreated pyelonephritis, tumor processes in the kidney, against the background of vasculitis. Glomerulonephritis is accompanied by acute pain in the lumbar region and staining with blood (resembles the color of "meat slops").
- Kidney failure - develops against the background of violations of the full functioning of the kidneys. This disease is accompanied by increased blood pressure, edema of the lower limbs and face, pain in the lumbar region, sometimes so strong that a person can lose consciousness.
- Nephroptosis is the omission of the kidney. This disease develops against the background of a violation of blood supply in the kidney and increase its mobility. For nephroptosis is characterized by increased pain in the vertical position of the body. The pain is so strong that the patient takes a forced position. Analgesics do not stop the onset of pain when the kidney is lowered.
- Oncological process of the kidney (cancer) - as a rule, is found already in the late stages. The patient complains of constant aching or dull pain in the area of the kidneys, which as the cancer progresses intensify. A sharp unbearable pain is observed in the 4 stages of the oncological process, when there is a destruction of the organ.
- Urolithiasis - dull periodic pain in the kidneys can signal the onset of urolithiasis. When moving the stone, the patient may experience attacks of renal colic, which cause him to rush, take a forced position, and stop pain with injections of analgesics.
- Benign neoplasms in the kidneys - most often there are adenomas and fibroids of the kidney. This pathology is accompanied by the appearance of pain in the lumbar region of a different nature.
Kidney pain: concomitant symptoms
The question "why the kidneys are aching" can not be explained unequivocally by any specialist. It is known that pain in the kidney area is always a symptom of any disorder or disease. In some cases, kidney pain can occur as a result of intense physical activity and after lifting weights. Thus unpleasant sensations pass independently, without any medicines after rest. Kidney pain is not the only symptom of urinary tract pathologies. Recognize the onset of the disease can be and on other concomitant manifestations:
- Change in the amount of urine - with kidney disease most often the patient has oliguria (a sharp decrease in the amount of urine);
- Increased urge to empty the bladder;
- Pain and burning when urinating;
- The presence in the urine of impurities of blood, pus, mucus, as a result of which it becomes turbid;
- Pain in the right or left kidney;
- The appearance of edema of the face, "bags" under the eyes.
What to do with kidney pain?
When there are painful sensations in the kidney area, the person, first of all, needs to seek medical help. Categorically it is forbidden to engage in self-medication, as with inflammatory processes in the kidneys, the lost time can lead to the development of chronic renal failure. In such cases, the main methods of treating pathology are ineffective.
Pain in the kidney: treatment
Treatment of pain in the kidneys largely depends on the diagnosis. In order to find out the cause of the pain, the patient is prescribed: detailed blood and urine tests, ultrasound of the retroperitoneal space, x-rays, cystoscopy if necessary.
Treatment of pain in the kidney is carried out by 2 main schemes:
- Conservative therapy;
- surgical intervention.
Conservative methods of treatment consist in the appointment of antibiotics, analgesics, glucocorticoids, antispasmodics to the patient. The choice of a group of drugs directly depends on the approved diagnosis, so self-medication in this matter is unacceptable and dangerous!
An important aspect in the treatment of kidney disease is compliance with diet and drinking regimen. From the diet excluded pickles, spices, smoked, fatty, spicy dishes, alcoholic beverages, strong black coffee. In the absence of contraindications, you must drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day, and replace coffee and tea with cranberry juice.
When identifying urolithiasis, the patient is prescribed special medications that crush stones and are removed from the body in a natural way. During treatment, the patient periodically passes urine and blood tests so that the doctor can observe the dynamics.
In some cases, surgery can not be avoided, which is extremely necessary when:
- Rupture of the renal capsule;
- Oncological process in the kidney;
- Adenoma or fibroids.
If, despite the performed operation, there is no positive therapeutic effect, the question arises of transplantation of the affected kidney.
- Pain under the right scapula behind from the back: causes
- Pain under the left scapula behind from the back: causes
- Pyelonephritis: symptoms, treatment
- Kidney stones: symptoms, treatment