Bobotik instructions for use
The drug Bobotik refers to the pharmacological group of carminative drugs. Its active substance reduces the surface tension of gas in the intestine, which helps reduce its volume in flatulence (bloating). It is used for various diseases of the digestive system, accompanied by increased formation of gas in the intestinal cavity.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Bobotik is available as an emulsion for oral administration. In 1 ml of emulsion the main active ingredient simethicone is contained in an amount of 66.66 mg.
Emulsion Bobotik is in a 30 ml vial. Cardboard pack contains 1 bottle of emulsion, cover dispenser for convenient dosing of the drug in drops and instructions for use.
The main active substance of the emulsion is Bobotik simethicone has a carminative effect. After ingestion in the lumen of the intestine, it affects the surface film of the gas bubbles, destroys it and prevents the formation of new vesicles. The released gas is absorbed by the intestinal mucosa or due to peristalsis (the movement of the intestinal walls, aimed at moving the contents to its lower parts) is outward.
After ingestion simethicone and auxiliary components of the Bobotik emulsion are not absorbed from the intestinal lumen into the blood, they are completely excreted with feces from the gastrointestinal tract in unchanged form.
Indications for use
The use of the Bobotik emulsion is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of conditions that are accompanied by increased gassing in the intestine (flatulence), which include:
- Inaccuracies in a diet containing a large amount of plant coarse fiber (peas, beans, beans, onions, wholemeal bread) in food - during the digestion of such foods in the intestine an increased amount of gas is formed.
- Functional deficiency of enzymatic systems aimed at ensuring the digestion of food.
- Chronic pancreatitis - inflammation of the pancreas, accompanied by a decrease in the production of digestive enzymes.
- Functional immaturity of the digestive system in children, which at the slightest error in the diet manifests itself in the development of colic - increased gas formation in the intestine and its spasm with pain sensations.
- Dysbacteriosis - a violation of normal intestinal microflora with a predominance of opportunistic microorganisms that digest food masses with the formation of a large amount of gas.
- Postponed acute intestinal infections or food poisoning, characterized by a violation of the functional activity of the digestive tract.
- Decreased intestinal peristalsis with food stagnation in the lumen and the formation of gas.
Also, this drug is used as a defoamer for poisoning with detergents that foam. On the eve of the diagnostic examination of the organs of the digestive system (X-ray study of the intestine, fibrogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy), the use of the Bobotik emulsion is necessary to release the intestine from gases and obtain a qualitative result of the examination.
Contraindications for use
Application of the emulsion Bobotik is contraindicated with several pathological or physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to simethicone or excipients of the drug.
- Functional or mechanical intestinal obstruction, which prevents the removal of gas.
- Pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by the formation of an obstruction (obstruction) to move the food masses through the intestine (tumor diseases, helminthic invasion).
Determination of the presence of contraindications should be carried out before the application of the emulsion Bobotik.
Method of application and dosage
Emulsion Bobotik is taken internally in drops several times (4-6) a day after meals. Before use, the vial should be shaken to obtain a uniform suspension. Dosage is determined by age:
- Children aged 28 days to 1 year - 16 drops (40 mg simethicone) emulsion Bobotik per day, they are added to the bottle with a milky mixture.
- Children aged 1 to 6 years - 16 drops 3-5 times a day.
- Children aged 6-14 years - 16-32 drops 3-5 times a day.
- Children over 14 years and adults - 32 drops 3-5 times a day.
The duration of the drug depends on the underlying cause of increased gas production in the intestine and is determined by the physician individually. To small children, for the convenience of taking a drop, you can add a small amount of water or juice. To prepare for a diagnostic instrumental examination of the digestive system, during the day before the preparation is taken in the amount of 32 drops 3 times a day, then on the day of the study in the morning 32 more drops. During the X-ray study, the Bobotik emulsion can be added directly to the mixture for intestinal contrast.
When using the Bobotik emulsion in therapeutic dosages and according to the instructions, side effects have not been identified. Perhaps the development of allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin and its itching.
Before you start taking the Bobotik emulsion, you should carefully read the instructions and pay attention to the specific instructions for taking it:
- The drug should be washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid.
- It is not recommended to drink carbonated drinks at the same time.
- In the case of a systematic increase in gassing in the intestine, the appearance of other symptoms of a violation of its functional activity (diarrhea, abdominal pain), it is necessary to see a doctor and undergo an additional examination.
- With the simultaneous use of anticoagulant drugs (reduce blood coagulability), they are more quickly absorbed into the blood from the lumen of the intestine.
- Simethicone is not absorbed from the intestinal lumen and does not enter the systemic bloodstream, so it is not contraindicated for pregnant and lactating women.
- Emulsion Bobotik does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
In pharmacies, the emulsion of Bobotik is dispensed without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts about its reception, you should consult a doctor.
The main active substance of the emulsion is Bobotik simethicone is chemically inert and does not react with other compounds. Also, the active substance and the auxiliary components of the drug are not absorbed into the blood. Cases of an overdose of emulsion Bobotik are unknown. In the event of any unusual symptoms or reactions, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Drugs with the same active substance and therapeutic effect are Diflatil, Simethicone, Espumizan.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the emulsion Bobotik from the date of manufacture is 2 years. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place at an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The average price of drops Bobotik in pharmacies - 240-305 rubles.