Bobotik instructions for use
The drug Bobotik belongs to the pharmacological group carminatives. Its active ingredient reduces the surface tension of gas in the intestine, which contributes to a decrease in its volume during flatulence (bloating). It is used in various diseases of the digestive system, accompanied by increased gas formation in the intestinal cavity.
Release form and composition
The drug Bobotik is available in the form of an emulsion for oral administration. In 1 ml of the emulsion, the main active ingredient simethicone is contained in the amount of 66.66 mg.
Bobotik emulsion is in a 30 ml vial. The carton pack contains 1 bottle of emulsion, a lid dispenser for convenient dosing of the drug in drops and instructions for use.
The main active ingredient of the emulsion Bobotic Simethicone has a carminative effect. After ingestion in the intestinal lumen, it affects the surface film of gas bubbles, destroys it and prevents the formation of new bubbles. The released gas is absorbed by the intestinal mucosa or due to peristalsis (movements of the intestinal walls aimed at moving the contents into its lower parts) is expelled.
After oral administration, simethicone and auxiliary components of the Bobotik emulsion are not absorbed from the intestinal lumen into the blood, they are completely excreted from the gastrointestinal tract unchanged.
Indications for use
The use of the emulsion Bobotik is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of conditions that are accompanied by increased gas formation in the intestine (flatulence), these include:
- Errors in the diet containing a large amount of vegetable coarse fiber (peas, beans, beans, onions, wholemeal bread) - during the digestion of such products in the intestine an increased amount of gas is formed.
- Functional deficiency of enzyme systems aimed at ensuring the digestion of food.
- Chronic pancreatitis - inflammation of the pancreas, accompanied by a decrease in the production of digestive enzymes.
- The functional immaturity of the digestive system in children, which at the slightest error in the diet is manifested by the development of colic - increased flatulence in the intestine and its spasm with pain.
- Dysbacteriosis is a disorder of the normal intestinal microflora with a prevalence of opportunistic microorganisms that digest food masses with the formation of a large amount of gas.
- Transferred acute intestinal infections or foodborne diseases, characterized by impaired functional activity of the digestive tract.
- Decreased intestinal motility with stagnation of food in the lumen and the formation of gas.
Also, this drug is used as a defoamer for poisoning with detergents that foam. On the eve of a diagnostic study of the organs of the digestive system (X-ray examination of the intestines, fibrogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, rectoromanoscopy), the use of a bobotik emulsion is necessary to free the intestines from gases and to obtain a high-quality examination result.
The use of Bobotik emulsion is contraindicated in several pathological or physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to simethicone or excipients of the drug.
- Functional or mechanical intestinal obstruction, which prevents the removal of gas.
- Pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by the formation of an obstacle (obstruction) to move the food mass through the intestine (tumor diseases, helminthic invasion).
Determination of the presence of contraindications should be carried out even before the application of the emulsion Bobotik.
Dosing and Administration
Bobotik emulsion is taken orally in drops several times (4-6) a day after meals. Before use, the bottle should be shaken to obtain a homogeneous suspension. Dosage is determined by age:
- Children aged from 28 days to 1 year - 16 drops (40 mg simethicone) Bobotik emulsion per day, they are added to the bottle with the milk mixture.
- Children aged 1 to 6 years old - 16 drops 3-5 times a day.
- Children aged 6-14 years - 16-32 drops 3-5 times a day.
- Children over 14 years old and adults - 32 drops 3-5 times a day.
The duration of the drug depends on the main cause of increased gas formation in the intestines and is determined by the doctor individually. For the convenience of small children, drops can be added to a small amount of water or juice. To prepare for the diagnostic instrumental examination of the digestive system organs, during the day before the drug is taken in the amount of 32 drops 3 times a day, then on the morning of the study 32 more drops are taken in the morning. During the X-ray examination, the Bobotik emulsion can be added directly to the mixture to contrast the intestines.
When using Bobotic emulsion in therapeutic dosages and according to the instructions, no side effects were identified. Perhaps the development of allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin and itching.
Before you start taking the Bobotick emulsion, you should carefully read the instructions and pay attention to the special instructions regarding its use:
- The drug must be washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid.
- It is not recommended to take carbonated drinks at the same time.
- In the case of a systematic increase in gas formation in the intestine, the appearance of other symptoms of a violation of its functional activity (diarrhea, abdominal pain), you should consult a doctor and undergo additional examination.
- With simultaneous use of anticoagulants (reduce blood clotting), they are more quickly absorbed into the blood from the intestinal lumen.
- Simethicone is not absorbed from the intestinal lumen and does not enter the systemic circulation, therefore it is not contraindicated for pregnant and lactating women.
- The bobotik emulsion does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention.
Pharmacies emulsion Bobotic released without a prescription. In case of any questions or doubts regarding his reception, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The main active ingredient of the emulsion Bobotic Simethicone is chemically inert and does not react with other compounds. Also, the active substance and auxiliary components of the drug are not absorbed into the blood. Cases of bobotik emulsion overdose are unknown. In the event of any unusual symptoms or reactions, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Drugs with the same active ingredient and therapeutic effect are Disflatil, Simethicone, Espumizan.
Terms and conditions of storage
The expiration date of the bobotik emulsion is 2 years from the date of manufacture. The drug should be stored in a dark, dry place at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
The average price of Bobotic drops in pharmacies is 240-305 rubles.