Blemaren user's manual
Blemaren tablets belong to the group of pharmacological agents that are used in the therapy of nephrolithy (development of stones in the organs of the urinary system). The main therapeutic effect of this drug is the dissolution of small crystals of mineral salts.
Form of issue and composition
The drug Blemaren is available in the form of soluble tablets (effervescent tablets) for oral administration. One tablet contains several active ingredients, which include:
- Citric acid is 1197 mg.
- Potassium bicarbonate - 967.5 mg.
- Sodium citrate is 835.5 mg.
Also, the tablet contains auxiliary substances - lactose monohydrate 115 mg, macrogol 6000 100 mg, mannitol 105 mg, sodium saccharinate 10 mg, adipic acid 35 mg, flavoring lemon 35 mg. Round tablets and white tablets are packaged in a plastic tube with a plastic cover of 20, 80 and 100 pieces. A cardboard pack contains one tube with tablets, test strips for determining the acidity of urine and instructions for use.
The main active substances of tablets lead to a change in the acid-base state of urine, with its small alkalization (increase in pH). This leads to a decrease in the intensity of formation of crystals of calcium salts, oxalates and uric acid, which are the basis for the development of nephrolithiasis (urolithiasis). Also, the drug reduces the excretion of dissolved calcium salts with urine, which prevents the formation of new stones.
Bioavailability of the active substances of tablets is 100%, they are almost completely absorbed after ingestion from the intestinal lumen, the therapeutic concentration is achieved in the blood within 20-30 minutes after administration. All active ingredients of the drug are excreted from the body by the kidneys with urine in unchanged form.
Indications for use
Reception of effervescent tablets Blemaren is shown at pathological conditions of an organism and organs of the urinary system, accompanied by the formation of crystals (sediment) of salts in them:
- Dissolution (litholysis) of calcium oxalate stones or the prevention of their formation with increased acidity of urine, an elevated level of calcium salts in it.
- Litholysis of urate and urate oxalate stones.
- Dissolution of urine sediment with increased content of uric acid salts in urine.
- In the complex therapy of various porphyria of the skin (metabolic pathology), accompanied by increased formation of uric acid.
Blumaren effervescent tablets are also used to prevent the appearance of various stones (primarily urate oxalate and calcium oxalate stones) with long-term use of chemotherapy or radiation therapy, which are accompanied by the destruction of a large number of cells and an increase in the level of uric acid.
Contraindications for use
The use of effervescent tablets Blemaren is contraindicated in a number of pathological or physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the main active ingredients or auxiliary components of the drug.
- Metabolic alkalosis - a pathological condition, in which an alkaline reaction of blood and urine develops, taking the drug in this case aggravates the course of the underlying pathology.
- Acute or chronic renal failure with impaired primary and secondary urine formation.
- Infectious processes in the organs of the urinary system, the causative agents of which, during their life, break down lactic acid.
- Severe forms of hypertension or other pathological conditions requiring a strict salt-free diet.
- Urine pH is higher than 7.0 (alkaline urine).
It is not recommended to take Blumaren effervescent tablets for children under 12 years of age, since there is insufficient clinical data regarding the absence of their negative effects on the child's body. The presence of contraindications should be determined before the drug is used.
Method of application and dosage
Effervescent tablets Blimaren taken orally after eating. Preliminarily they are dissolved in 200 ml of liquid (water, juice, tea, alkaline mineral water). The recommended daily dose is 2-6 tablets, which are taken in several doses during the day at regular intervals. The daily dose is selected by the doctor depending on the indicator of the acid-base state of urine. It is considered to be selected correctly if the pH level in urine fluctuates within the following limits within a day:
- pH 6.2-7 when treating uric acid stones.
- pH 7.5-8.5 - treatment of cystine stones.
- pH 7.2-7.5 - during the complex therapy of porphyria.
- pH not less than 7 during the use of cytostatics (chemotherapy) or radiation therapy.
Urine acidity is monitored using special test strips that change their color depending on the level of pH (color is compared with the color scale applied on the sample). The average duration of reception of effervescent tablets Blemaren is 15-20 days.
Receiving effervescent tablets Blemaren can lead to the development of several side effects and negative reactions:
- Allergic reaction to active ingredients or auxiliary components of the drug - there may be a rash on the skin and its itching, urticaria (a characteristic rash and swelling of the skin, reminiscent of a nettle burn). Less likely to develop a severe allergic reaction in the form of angioedema angioedema (pronounced edema of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with a predominant localization in the face and external genital organs). The most severe form of an allergic reaction can be anaphylactic shock (characterized by multiple organ failure and a progressive decrease in systemic blood pressure).
- Development of metabolic alkalosis - the development of an alkaline reaction of blood and intercellular fluid.
- Dyspeptic syndrome - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and swelling (flatulence).
- Development of skin swelling (primarily in the skin and subcutaneous tissue of the eyelids and around the eyes) due to the retention of sodium ions in the body.
In case of development of one or several manifestations of side effects or negative reactions, taking the drug should be stopped and seek medical help.
Before starting to take effervescent tablets, Blemaren should carefully read the instructions. There are several specific indications regarding the use of the drug, which include:
- The composition of effervescent tablets Blemaren includes a significant amount of potassium and sodium salts, which must be taken into account for individuals with the need to limit the intake of salts in the body (in particular, hypertension).
- At the time of taking the drug, it is necessary to ensure a sufficient supply of liquid to the body and limit the amount of proteins and nucleotide bases in the diet (meat).
- During the process of dissolution of urate salts, urine pH should not exceed the pH of 7.0, as this can precipitate phosphates, followed by deterioration of litholysis.
- The drug can be used for not expressed chronic renal failure, provided that this state is not accompanied by a delay of potassium ions. The drug is administered under constant laboratory control of the level of salts of minerals in the blood.
- Blemaren tablets do not affect the level of glucose and insulin in the blood, so they can be used for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- With the simultaneous administration of the drug with antihypertensive drugs (drugs to reduce the level of systemic arterial pressure in hypertensive disease), non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can delay the potassium ions in the body. Blemaren tablets weaken the pharmacological action of cardiac glycosides.
- The drug can be used for pregnant and lactating women under the supervision of a doctor.
- Effervescent tablets Blemaren does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is dispensed without a prescription. If there are any doubts or questions regarding its use, consult a physician.
If the recommended therapeutic dose of Blumaren effervescent tablets is exceeded, metabolic alkalosis may develop. More pronounced this disorder can develop with concomitant impairment of the functional activity of the kidneys. In this case, the drug is stopped, intravenous drip injection of special buffer solutions to normalize the pH of the internal environment of the body.
Similar in composition and pharmacological action of drugs are Uroenefrain, Urolit U.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of effervescent tablets Blemaren from the moment of their manufacture is 4 years. The drug should be stored out of reach of children at an air temperature of not more than + 25 ° C.
The average price of effervescent tablets Blemaren in pharmacies - 1000-1200 rubles.