Blemarin instructions for use
Blémaren tablets belong to the group of pharmacological agents that are used in the treatment of nephrolithysis (the development of stones in the urinary system). The main therapeutic effect of this drug is the dissolution of small crystals of mineral salts.
Release form and composition
The drug Blémaren is available in the form of soluble tablets (effervescent tablets) for oral administration. One tablet contains several active active ingredients, which include:
- Citric acid - 1197 mg.
- Potassium bicarbonate - 967.5 mg.
- Sodium citrate - 835.5 mg.
Also in the tablet contains excipients - lactose monohydrate 115 mg, macrogol 6000 100 mg, mannitol 105 mg, saccharin sodium 10 mg, adipic acid 35 mg, lemon flavor 35 mg. Tablets of a round form and white color, are packaged in a plastic tuba with a plastic cover on 20, 80 and 100 pieces. The carton pack contains one tube with tablets, test strips for determining the acidity of urine and instructions for use.
The main active ingredients of tablets lead to a change in the acid-base state of urine, with its slight alkalinization (an increase in pH). This leads to a decrease in the intensity of the formation of crystals of calcium, oxalate and uric acid, which are the basis for the development of nephrolithiasis (urolithiasis). Also, the drug reduces the excretion of dissolved calcium salts in the urine, which prevents the formation of new stones.
The bioavailability of the active ingredients of tablets is 100%, they are almost completely absorbed after ingestion from the intestinal lumen, in the blood the therapeutic concentration is reached already in 20-30 minutes after administration. All active ingredients of the drug are excreted by the kidneys with urine in unchanged form.
Indications for use
Admission of effervescent tablets Blemaren is indicated for pathological conditions of the body and organs of the urinary system, accompanied by the formation of crystals (sediment) of salts in them:
- Dissolution (litholysis) of calcium-oxalate stones or prevention of their formation with increased acidity of urine, elevated levels of calcium salts in it.
- Litolysis of urate and urate-oxalate stones.
- Dissolving urate sediment with a high content of uric acid salts in the urine.
- In the treatment of various skin porphyrias (metabolic pathology), accompanied by an increased formation of uric acid.
Also effervescent tablets are used to prevent the appearance of various stones (primarily urate-oxalate and calcium-oxalate stones) with prolonged use of chemotherapy or radiation therapy, which are accompanied by the destruction of a large number of cells and an increase in uric acid levels.
The use of effervescent tablets Blamen is contraindicated in a number of pathological or physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the main active ingredients or auxiliary components of the drug.
- Metabolic alkalosis is a pathological condition in which an alkaline reaction of the blood and urine develops, and taking the drug in this case aggravates the course of the underlying pathology.
- Acute or chronic renal failure with a deterioration in the formation of primary and secondary urine.
- Infectious processes in the organs of the urinary system, the causative agents of which in the course of their life break down lactic acid.
- Severe forms of arterial hypertension or other pathological conditions that require adherence to a strict salt-free diet.
- The pH level of urine is higher than 7.0 (alkaline urine).
Taking effervescent tablets Blemaren is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years, as there are insufficient clinical data regarding the absence of their negative effects on the child’s body. Determining the presence of contraindications is carried out before the use of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Effervescent tablets Blamaren taken orally after a meal. They are first dissolved in 200 ml of liquid (water, juice, tea, alkaline mineral water). The recommended daily intake is 2-6 tablets, which are taken in several doses throughout the day at regular intervals. The daily dose is selected by the doctor depending on the indicator of the acid-base state of the urine. It is considered to be selected correctly, if the pH level in the urine fluctuates within the following limits during the day:
- pH 6.2-7 in the treatment of uric acid stones.
- pH 7.5-8.5 - treatment of cystine stones.
- pH 7.2-7.5 - during the complex treatment of porphyria.
- pH not less than 7 during the use of drugs cytostatics (chemotherapy) or radiation therapy.
Control of urine acidity is carried out using special test strips, which change their color depending on the level of pH (color is compared with the color scale applied to the sample). The average duration of receiving effervescent tablets Blamaren is 15-20 days.
Taking effervescent tablets Blemarin can lead to the development of several side effects and negative reactions:
- Allergic reaction to the active ingredients or auxiliary components of the drug - a rash on the skin and its itching, urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling of the skin, resembling a nettle) may appear. Less commonly, a severe allergic reaction in the form of angioedema of the Quincke (pronounced swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with predominant localization in the face and external genital organs) can develop. The most severe form of an allergic reaction can be anaphylactic shock (characterized by multiple organ failure and a progressive decrease in systemic arterial pressure).
- The development of metabolic alkalosis - the development of an alkaline reaction of the blood and extracellular fluid.
- Dyspeptic syndrome - nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and bloating (flatulence).
- The development of edema of the skin (primarily in the skin and subcutaneous tissue of the eyelids and around the eyes) due to the delay of sodium ions in the body.
In the case of the development of one or more manifestations of side effects or negative reactions, the drug should be stopped and seek medical help.
Before you start taking effervescent tablets Blomaren, you must carefully read the instructions. There are several specific indications regarding the use of the drug, which include:
- The composition of effervescent tablets Blemaren includes a significant amount of potassium and sodium salts, which must be taken into account for persons with the need to restrict the intake of salts in the body (particularly in hypertensive illness).
- While taking the drug, it is necessary to ensure sufficient fluid intake in the body and limit the amount of proteins and nucleotide bases in the diet (meat).
- During the process of dissolving urate salts, it is not possible for the urine pH level to exceed 7.0, since this may cause precipitation of phosphates, with consequent deterioration of litholysis.
- The drug can be used for non-expressed chronic renal failure, provided that this condition is not accompanied by a delay of potassium ions. The drug is taken under constant laboratory control of the level of mineral salts in the blood.
- Blemaren tablets do not affect the level of glucose and insulin in the blood, so they can be used for diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2.
- At the same time taking the drug with antihypertensive drugs (drugs to reduce the level of systemic blood pressure in hypertension), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may delay potassium ions in the body. Blémaren tablets weaken the pharmacological action of cardiac glycosides.
- The drug can be used for pregnant and lactating women under the supervision of a physician.
- Effervescent tablets Blamaren do not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is available without a prescription. In case of any doubts or questions regarding its use, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
If the recommended therapeutic dose of effervescent Blemaren tablets is exceeded, the development of metabolic alkalosis is possible. More pronounced, this violation can develop with concomitant violation of the functional activity of the kidneys. In this case, the drug is stopped, intravenous drip of special buffer solutions is performed to normalize the pH of the internal environment of the body.
Similar in composition and pharmacological action of drugs are Uronefron, Urolit U.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of effervescent tablets Blemaren since their manufacture is 4 years. The drug must be stored out of the reach of children at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
The average price of effervescent tablets Blemaren in pharmacies - 1000-1200 rubles.