Bivalos user manual
- Bivalos user manual
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Dosing and Administration
- Adverse Events
- Interaction of the drug with other drugs
- Storage and dispensing conditions
- Bivalos analogues
- Bivalos price
The drug Bivalos is a remedy for the treatment of disorders of bone and tissue formation, which is prescribed to patients in order to reduce the probability of fractures with increased brittleness of bones.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The preparation Bivalos is available in the form of granules, which are intended for the preparation of a suspension for oral administration. The drug is produced in individual sachets-bags of 2 g. Each package is released for 7, 14, 28 and 56 sachets.
The main active substance of the drug is strontium ranelate.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The main active ingredient of Bivalos granules is a remedy that reduces the risk of fractures in patients with osteoporosis and stimulates the multiplication of bone cells. The strontium ranelate, which is part of the preparation, stimulates collagen production in the bone, due to which the bones become more elastic and stronger.
Indications for use of the drug
Bivalos is prescribed to patients for the purpose of preventing and treating the development of such conditions:
- Complex treatment of increased brittleness of bones (especially important for women during the onset of menopause);
- Treatment of osteoporosis in males, weighed down by an increased risk of fracture of the femur, hip joints, spine;
- Treatment of osteoarthritis as part of complex therapy to prevent destruction of cartilage tissue and joint deformation.
The drug Bivalos is not prescribed to patients in the presence of such conditions or pathologies:
- Individual hypersensitivity to strontium ranelate or other components included in the preparation;
- Pathological conditions of large arteries;
- Thrombosis of veins;
- Blockage of the pulmonary artery by blood clots, resulting in impaired blood circulation;
- Thromboembolism of the veins of the lower extremities;
- The condition after numerous fractures, when the patient is forced to lie on a skeletal tract for a long time;
- Diagnosed ischemic heart disease;
- Diseases of small blood vessels, resulting in impaired blood circulation;
- Arterial hypertension, which is difficult to treat with drugs;
- Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
The drug Bivalos is indicated for oral administration. Beforehand, the sachet bag is dissolved in ½ cup of water and mixed thoroughly, so that there are no suspensions and large particles.
Bivalos is taken in the evening before going to bed, but not earlier than 2 hours after the last meal. Adults are shown taking 1 packet of the drug once a day. The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, depending on the patient's condition, individual characteristics of his body, age, body weight and diagnosis.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there is no evidence of the toxicity of this drug to a woman's fetus, but animal studies have shown that treatment with this drug during pregnancy can lead to abnormalities and adverse effects on the fetus.
If the woman was treated with the drug Bivalos and she got pregnant, the treatment should be stopped immediately and inform the doctor about the recent taking of the medicine.
During the period of breastfeeding, this medication is contraindicated. If the question of therapy is acute, then a woman should be transferred to a baby for artificial feeding with a milk formula.
During the treatment with the drug, in particular when the dose specified in the instruction is exceeded, the following side effects may develop in patients:
- Insomnia and anxiety;
- Emotional overexcitation;
- Disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system;
- Confusion, temporary dips in memory;
- Headaches, dizziness;
- Convulsions ;
- Sensations of "crawling" on the skin;
- Blockage of blood vessels by blood clots;
- Disturbance of respiratory function;
- Disorders of the digestive function - diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal pain, enlarged liver;
- Formation of erosions and sores in the oral cavity;
- Development of allergic skin reactions - dermatitis, urticaria , skin rash and itching;
- Alopecia - baldness;
- Joint pain, muscle pain;
- Malaise, general weakness and fever;
- Changes in the clinical picture of blood - an increase in the number of eosinophils, changes in hepatic transaminases, increased levels of creatine phosphokinase;
- Increased regional lymph nodes.
If there are signs of an overdose, the patient is immediately given to take any antacid agent (in order to reduce the absorption of Bivalos) and call a doctor. If the drug is overdosed, it is advisable for the patient to wash the stomach and intestines.
Interaction of the drug with other drugs
Simultaneous use of Bivalos with dairy products or calcium preparations reduces the therapeutic effect of the drug. If it is necessary to use calcium preparations, it is recommended to maintain the interval in 2 hours and only after that to drink sachet-bag of Bivalos.
To prevent intoxication of the body and the development of violations of the liver and kidneys, the drug is not recommended to be taken simultaneously with the antibiotics of the quinolone series and tetracyclines.
Simultaneous use of the drug with antacids significantly reduces its therapeutic effect. Reduction of the effect is also observed with simultaneous use with preparations of aluminum and magnesium.
Simultaneous use of the drug with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, proton pump blockers, cardiac glycosides, diuretics, anticoagulants is possible, but only with a 2-hour interval.
During the period of treatment with this drug, the patient is not recommended to drink alcoholic beverages, as this can lead to intoxication of the body and the development of serious side effects.
Storage and dispensing conditions
The drug Bivalos is released in pharmacies only on prescription from a doctor.
Keep the drug should be at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees, out of the reach of children. The expiration date is indicated on the package, after its expiration the product must not be used inside.
There are no structural analogues of Bivalos at the moment.
Bivalos powder for the preparation of a suspension - from 1750 to 2200 rubles.