Bivalos instructions for use
- Bivalos instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Indications for use of the drug
- Dosage and administration
- Side effects
- The interaction of the drug with other drugs
- Conditions of storage and release of the drug
- Bivalos analogues
- Bivalos price
The drug Bivalos is a tool for treating disorders in the formation of bone cells and tissues, which is prescribed to patients in order to reduce the likelihood of fractures with increased bone fragility.
Release form and composition of the drug
The drug Bivalos is available in the form of granules, which are intended for the preparation of suspensions for oral administration. The drug is available in individual sachets 2 g. Each package is available for 7, 14, 28 and 56 bags.
The main active ingredient of the drug is strontium ranelate.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The main active ingredient of the granules Bivalos is a tool that reduces the risk of fractures in patients with osteoporosis and stimulates the reproduction of bone tissue cells. Strontium ranelate, which is part of the drug, stimulates collagen production in the bone, due to which the bones become more elastic and durable.
Indications for use of the drug
Means Bivalos prescribed to patients for the prevention and treatment of the development of such conditions:
- Comprehensive treatment of increased bone fragility (especially important for women during the onset of menopause);
- Treatment of osteoporosis in the male, burdened with an increased risk of fractures of the femur, hip joints, spinal column;
- Treatment of osteoarthritis as part of complex therapy in order to prevent the destruction of cartilage tissue and joint deformity.
The drug Bivalos is not prescribed to patients in the presence of such conditions or pathologies:
- Individual hypersensitivity to strontium ranelat or other components of the preparation;
- Pathological conditions of large arteries;
- Venous thrombosis;
- Blockage of the pulmonary artery with blood clots, resulting in impaired blood circulation;
- Thromboembolism of the lower extremities;
- The state after numerous fractures, when the patient is forced to lie for a long time on skeletal traction;
- Diagnosed ischemic heart disease;
- Diseases of the small blood vessels, resulting in impaired blood circulation;
- Arterial hypertension, which is poorly amenable to drug therapy;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
Dosage and administration
The drug Bivalos is indicated for oral administration. Pre-bag sachet dissolved in ½ glass of water and mix thoroughly, so that there is no suspended particles and large particles.
Bivalos is taken in the evening before bedtime, but not earlier than 2 hours after the last meal. Adults are shown to take 1 sachet of the drug 1 time per day. The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, depending on the patient's condition, the individual characteristics of his body, age, body weight and diagnosis.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there is no data on the toxicity of this drug on a woman’s fetus, but animal studies have shown that treatment with this drug during pregnancy can lead to abnormalities and adverse effects on the fetus.
If a woman was treated with Bivalos and she became pregnant, treatment should be stopped immediately and inform the doctor about a recent medication.
During the period of breastfeeding this drug is contraindicated. If the question of therapy is acute, then the woman should transfer the baby to artificial feeding with milk formula.
During the period of drug treatment, in particular when the dose indicated in the instructions is exceeded, the following side effects may develop for patients:
- Insomnia and anxiety;
- Emotional overexcitement;
- Violations of the cardiovascular system;
- Confusion of consciousness, temporary lapses in memory;
- Headache, dizziness;
- Cramps ;
- Sensations of "crawling goosebumps" on the skin;
- Clogging of blood vessels with blood clots;
- Impaired respiratory function;
- Digestive disorders - diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal pain, liver enlargement;
- The formation of erosion and ulcers in the oral cavity;
- The development of allergic skin reactions - dermatitis, urticaria , rashes and itching of the skin;
- Alopecia - baldness;
- Pain in the joints, muscle aches;
- Malaise, general weakness and fever;
- Changes in the clinical picture of blood - an increase in the number of eosinophils, a change in hepatic transaminases, an increase in the level of creatine phosphokinase;
- Enlarged regional lymph nodes.
When signs of overdose appear, the patient is immediately given to take any antacid (in order to reduce the absorption of Bivalos) and to call a doctor. In case of drug overdose, it is advisable for the patient to wash the stomach and intestines.
The interaction of the drug with other drugs
The simultaneous use of the drug Bivalos with dairy products or calcium supplements reduces the therapeutic effect of the drug. If necessary, the use of calcium preparations is recommended to withstand an interval of 2 hours and only after that to drink a bivalos sachet.
In order to prevent intoxication of the body and the development of disorders of the liver and kidneys, the drug is not recommended to be taken simultaneously with quinol antibiotics and tetracyclines.
The simultaneous use of the drug with antacids significantly reduces its therapeutic effect. A decrease in the effect is also observed with simultaneous use with preparations of aluminum and magnesium.
Simultaneous use of the drug with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, proton pump blockers, cardiac glycosides, diuretics, anticoagulants is possible, but only with a 2-hour interval.
During the period of treatment with this drug, the patient is not recommended to drink alcoholic beverages, as this may lead to intoxication of the body and the development of serious side effects.
Conditions of storage and release of the drug
The drug Bivalos is sold in pharmacies only by prescription from a doctor.
Store the drug should be at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees, out of the reach of children. The expiration date is indicated on the package; upon its expiration, the agent cannot be applied inside.
Structural analogs of Bivalos are currently not on sale.
Bivalos powder for suspension preparation - from 1750 to 2200 rubles.