Bivalos instructions for use
- Bivalos instructions for use
- Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties of the preparation
- Indications for use of the drug
- Dosing and Administration
- Adverse events
- Interaction of the drug with other drugs
- Storage and dispensing conditions
- Bivalos analogues
- Bivalos price
Bivalos is a remedy for the treatment of bone and tissue disorders, which is prescribed to patients in order to reduce the likelihood of fractures with increased bone fragility.
Form of formulation and composition of the preparation
The preparation Bivalos is available in the form of granules, which are intended for the preparation of a suspension for oral administration. The drug is produced in individual sachets-bags of 2 g. Each package is released for 7, 14, 28 and 56 bags.
The main active substance of the drug is strontium ranelate.
Pharmacological properties of the preparation
The main active ingredient of Bivalos granules is a remedy that reduces the risk of fractures in patients with osteoporosis and stimulates the reproduction of bone cells. The strontium ranelate, which is part of the preparation, stimulates collagen production in the bone, due to which the bones become more elastic and stronger.
Indications for use of the drug
Bivalos is prescribed to patients for the purpose of preventing and treating the development of such conditions:
- Complex treatment of increased brittleness of bones (especially important for women during the onset of menopause);
- Treatment of osteoporosis in males, weighed down by an increased risk of fracture of the femur, hip joints, spine;
- Treatment of osteoarthritis as part of complex therapy to prevent destruction of cartilage tissue and joint deformation.
The drug Bivalos is not prescribed to patients in the presence of such conditions or pathologies:
- Individual hypersensitivity to strontium ranelate or other components included in the preparation;
- Pathological conditions of large arteries;
- Thrombosis of veins;
- Blockage of the pulmonary artery by blood clots, resulting in impaired blood circulation;
- Thromboembolism of the veins of the lower limbs;
- The condition after numerous fractures, when the patient is forced to lie on a skeletal tract for a long time;
- Diagnosed ischemic heart disease;
- Diseases of small blood vessels, resulting in impaired blood circulation;
- Arterial hypertension, which is difficult to treat with drugs;
- Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
The drug Bivalos is indicated for oral administration. Beforehand, the sachet bag is dissolved in ½ cup of water and mixed thoroughly to avoid suspensions and large particles.
Bivalos is taken in the evening before going to bed, but not earlier than 2 hours after the last meal. Adults are shown to take 1 packet of the drug 1 time per day. The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, depending on the patient's condition, individual characteristics of his body, age, body weight and diagnosis.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there is no evidence of the toxicity of this drug on the fetus of a woman, but animal studies have shown that treatment with this drug during pregnancy can lead to abnormalities and adverse effects on the fetus.
If a woman was treated with Bivalos and she had a pregnancy, the treatment should be stopped immediately and the doctor should be informed of the recent taking of the medicine.
During the period of breastfeeding, this medication is contraindicated. If the question of therapy is acute, then the woman should be transferred to a baby for artificial feeding with a milk formula.
During the treatment with the drug, in particular when the dose specified in the instruction is exceeded, the following side effects may develop in patients:
- Insomnia and anxiety;
- Emotional overexcitation;
- Disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system;
- Confusion, temporary dips in memory;
- Headaches, dizziness;
- Convulsions ;
- Sensations of "creeping crawl" on the skin;
- Blockage of blood vessels by blood clots;
- Disturbance of respiratory function;
- Disorders of the digestive function - diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal pain, enlarged liver;
- Formation of erosions and sores in the oral cavity;
- Development of allergic skin reactions - dermatitis, urticaria , skin rash and itching;
- Alopecia is baldness;
- Joint pain, muscle pain;
- Malaise, general weakness and fever;
- A change in the clinical picture of blood - an increase in the number of eosinophils, changes in hepatic transaminases, increased levels of creatine phosphokinase;
- Increased regional lymph nodes.
If signs of an overdose occur, the patient is immediately given to take any antacid agent (in order to reduce the absorption of Bivalos) and call a doctor. If the drug is overdosed to the patient, it is advisable to wash the stomach and intestines.
Interaction of the drug with other drugs
Simultaneous use of Bivalos with dairy products or calcium preparations reduces the therapeutic effect of the drug. If it is necessary to use calcium preparations, it is recommended to maintain the interval in 2 hours and only after that to drink sachet-bag of Bivalos.
To prevent intoxication of the body and the development of violations of the liver and kidneys, the drug is not recommended to be taken simultaneously with the antibiotics of the quinolone series and tetracyclines.
Simultaneous use of the drug with antacids significantly reduces its therapeutic effect. Reduction of the effect is also observed with simultaneous use with preparations of aluminum and magnesium.
Simultaneous use of the drug with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, blockers of the proton pump, cardiac glycosides, diuretics, anticoagulants is possible, but only with the observance of a 2-hour interval.
During the period of treatment with this drug, the patient is not recommended to drink alcoholic beverages, as this can lead to intoxication of the body and the development of serious side effects.
Storage and dispensing conditions
The drug Bivalos is dispensed in pharmacies only on prescription from a doctor.
Store the drug should be at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees, out of reach of children. The expiry date is indicated on the package, after its expiration the product can not be used inside.
There are no structural analogues of Bivalos at the moment.
Bivalos powder for the preparation of a suspension - from 1750 to 2200 rubles.