Bisoprolol instructions for use
Bisoprolol tablets belong to the therapeutic group of drugs antihypertensive drugs. Their main therapeutic effect is to reduce systemic arterial pressure, therefore this drug is used for the complex treatment of various diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Release form and composition
Bisoprolol is available in the form of tablets, which have a round shape, a biconvex surface and a separation risk in the middle for a convenient fracture in half if the need to reduce the dosage. The main active ingredient of the drug is bisoprolol fumarate, which is contained in a tablet in 2 concentrations - 5 mg (light blue tablets) and 10 mg (have light pink color). Also in the composition of the tablets include excipients, which include:
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Calcium dihydrophosphate.
- Corn starch.
- Silica colloidal anhydrous.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Opadry II (contains polyvinyl alcohol, partially hydrolyzed, talc, macrogol 3350, pink dye pigment (contains E 171 titanium dioxide, E 120 carmine, indigo E 132 aluminum lacquer, E 172 ferrous iron oxide) or blue dye pigment ( contains titanium dioxide E 171, aluminum varnish based on indigo carmine E 132, aluminum varnish based on yellow quinoline E 104).
- Sodium starch glycolate (type A).
Tablets are packaged in a blister pack of 10 pieces. One cardboard pack can contain 3 (30 tablets), 5 (50 tablets) and 6 (60 tablets) blister packs and instructions for use.
The main active ingredient of the drug bisoprolol fumarat is a cardio-selective blocker of β 1 -adrenoreceptors. It acts directly on the receptors of heart cells that react to adrenaline, and blocks them. Due to this bisoprolol fumarate has several pharmacological effects:
- Reducing the frequency of contractions of the heart - leads to a decrease in the need of the myocardium (heart muscle) for oxygen and a decrease in the minute volume of the heart (decrease in the amount of blood pushed by the heart into the aorta within a minute).
- Reduced reaction of arterial vessels to adrenaline, due to which the tone of their walls decreases and the diameter of the lumen increases.
These pharmacological effects of bisoprolol fumarate provide its hypotensive (lower blood pressure) and antianginal (reduced myocardial oxygen and nutrient requirements, thereby reducing the intensity of pain with insufficient blood supply to the heart muscle) action.
Bioavailability of the drug when administered up to 90%, the active ingredient is almost completely absorbed from the lumen of the small intestine into the blood. Therapeutic blood concentration is reached within 30-40 minutes after taking the pill inside. Bisoprolol fumarate penetrates the blood-brain barrier into the tissues of the central nervous system, through the placenta into the body of a developing fetus during pregnancy and into breast milk during lactation. More than 95% of the active ingredient of the drug is excreted by the kidneys, with half of this amount unchanged. Partially bisoprolol fumarate is processed in the liver to intermediate degradation products. The half-life (the time after which half of the entire dose of the drug is removed from the body) is 12 hours, which makes it possible to provide a therapeutic effect with Bisoprolol tablets during the day.
Indications for use
Bisoprolol tablets are indicated for use in such diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Hypertensive heart disease is a prolonged increase in systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypertension), in most cases caused by the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels during their atherosclerosis.
- Coronary heart disease is a cardiac pathology characterized by a mismatch between myocardial oxygen demand and nutrients with the possibility of the arterial vessels of the heart (coronary vessels) to provide this. Often manifested by angina (pain in the area of the heart of a compressive nature) after physical or emotional stress and arterial hypertension.
Since the drug is used for long-term therapy of cardiovascular pathology, it is not used to quickly lower blood pressure in hypertensive crisis (a sharp and significant increase in systemic blood pressure to high numbers).
The use of tablets Bisoprolol is contraindicated in a number of pathological (including diseases of the cardiovascular system) and physiological conditions of the body:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to bisoprolol fumarate or auxiliary substances of the drug.
- Acute or chronic heart failure, in which there is a marked reduction in stroke and minute volume of the heart.
- Atrioventricular block 2 and 3 degrees - a violation of the passage of the cardiac nerve impulse through the atrioventricular node (in this case, you can use the drug in the presence of pacemaker).
- The syndrome of weakness of the sinus node, responsible for the generation of cardiac impulses.
- Reduced systemic blood pressure (hypotension).
- Obstructive diseases of the respiratory system, including bronchial asthma - bisoprolol fumarate can provoke a spasm (narrowing) of the bronchi.
- The pathology of peripheral arteries, accompanied by their spasm - Raynaud's disease, endarteritis obliterans.
- Pheochromocytoma is a benign hormone-producing tumor of the adrenal medulla, which leads to an increase in adrenaline levels in the blood.
- Metabolic acidosis is an exchange pathology in which there is a decrease in blood pH in the acidic side.
- Children's age up to 18 years, pregnancy, breastfeeding period.
In the absence or presence of contraindications, you must make sure even before the start of the use of bisoprolol tablets.
Dosage and administration
Tablets are taken orally, regardless of the meal, washed down with a sufficient amount of water. Reception is held 1 time per day, usually in the morning. The dosage of the drug is set individually, depending on the underlying pathology of the cardiovascular system and the severity of increased systemic arterial pressure. It is necessary to begin reception with the minimum dosage, gradually increasing it before achievement of therapeutic effect. Usually start with 2.5 mg (1/2 tablet with a dose of 5 mg), then under the control of the level of systemic arterial pressure, the dose is increased to 5 mg. If necessary, the dosage can be increased to 10 mg per day in a single dose. In the absence of efficacy for individual reasons, the maximum daily dose may be increased to 20 mg in one or two doses.
Bisoprolol tablets have a pronounced effect on the entire body and can lead to the development of side effects and negative reactions from various organs and systems:
- Central nervous system - dizziness, weakness, fatigue, even when exposed to small loads, headache. Sometimes insomnia, a tendency to depression (depression and a decrease in mood), confusion can develop. Rarely - short-term memory loss (amnesia), hallucinations, muscle weakness, hand tremor and paresthesia (a violation of the sensitivity of the skin).
- Cardiovascular system - the development of arrhythmia (arrhythmias rhythm disturbance), hypotension, aggravation of heart failure, pain in the heart area.
- Sense organs - visual impairment, dry eyes (a consequence of reduced production of tear fluid), conjunctivitis (conjunctivitis inflammation).
- The digestive system - nausea, vomiting, unstable stool (constipation or diarrhea), dry mouth, a change in taste or its decline, a change in the functional activity of the liver.
- Organs of the respiratory system - nasal congestion, laryngospasm or bronchospasm (especially when receiving a high dose of the drug).
- Skin reaction - an increase in the intensity of sweating, redness (hyperemia), the appearance of a rash without itching, exacerbation of psoriasis.
- Red bone marrow and blood - thrombocytopenia (decrease in the number of platelets in the blood), leukopenia (decrease in the number of leukocytes in the blood).
- The endocrine system - a decrease in the functional activity of the thyroid gland (hypothyroid state), fluctuations in blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia).
- Allergic reactions - occur rarely, it may cause skin rash, itching, urticaria (characteristic rash and swelling, resembling a nettle burn). Even less often, severe allergic reactions in the form of angioedema of the Quincke (marked swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the face or external genital organs) or anaphylactic shock (progressive marked reduction of systemic arterial pressure and multiple organ failure) occur.
Also, Bisoprolol tablets can cause pain in the lumbar region, joints (arthralgia), decreased libido (sexual desire for the opposite sex) and potency in men. In the event of the occurrence of side effects, its reception should be stopped and consult a doctor.
Taking the drug is possible only after prescription. There are a number of specific indications regarding its use that must be addressed:
- After starting the administration of Bisoprolol tablets, it is necessary to monitor systemic blood pressure and heart rate daily for the first week, then such monitoring is carried out 1 time per week.
- In the case of any diseases of the respiratory system, prior to the use of the drug, an assessment of respiratory function is carried out.
- Individuals who use contact lenses, it is desirable to use eye drops "artificial tears".
- Taking bisoprolol tablets can lead to masking of a number of symptoms of thyroid disease and diabetes.
- Abrupt cessation of the drug can lead to the development of withdrawal syndrome, in which blood pressure and tachycardia (heart rate increases) sharply increases.
- Bisoprolol fumarate may interact with drugs of other pharmacological groups, therefore, before starting taking Bisoprolol tablets, it is necessary to warn the attending physician about the possible use of other drugs.
- Alcohol intake is excluded, as the drug enhances its depressant effect on the central nervous system.
- For pregnant women, the use of bisoprolol tablets is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. During breastfeeding, the baby is transferred to feeding with artificial adapted milk formula.
- When taking the drug, you must be especially careful when driving vehicles or performing work that requires high concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Pharmacies Bisoprolol pills are available on prescription. It is not allowed to accept them independently or on the recommendation of third parties. In case of any doubts or questions, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Exceeding the recommended therapeutic dose can lead to the development of arrhythmias, atrioventricular blockade, marked reduction in the rate of heart contractions (bradycardia), difficulty in breathing and bronchospasm, an increase in the manifestations of cardiac and respiratory failure. In this case, detoxification measures are carried out - gastric and intestinal lavage, intravenous drip administration of sorbent, saline solutions, symptomatic therapy.
The active substance is similar drugs - Bisoprol, Biprol, Concor, Coronal, Niperten.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life from the date of manufacture of the drug is 2 years. It is necessary to store in a place protected from light and moisture at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C. Keep away from children.
Bisoprolol tablets 5 mg, 30 pcs. - 43-57 rubles.