Bisacodyl tablets instructions for use
Bisacodil is a drug from the group of contact laxatives whose mechanism of action is based on the direct effect of the drug on the intestinal mucosa.
The main component of the drug is bisacodyl. It is a derivative of diphenylmethane. The action of the drug develops due to the effect of the substance on the receptors of the intestinal mucosa, which is manifested by an increase in mucus secretion, acceleration and increased colon motility.
Intestinal emptying begins 6-10 hours after taking the drug, due to the intake of the tablet form. When an effect occurs, one or two bowel movements may occur.
Release form and composition
Bisacodil is available as enteric-coated tablets.
- Bisacodil - 5 mg;
- various excipients.
The drug belongs to laxatives, is made from chemical raw materials, it is released in non-prescription form.
Indications for use
Indications for use Bisacodil - is:
- constipation, which is caused by hypotension and low peristalsis of the large intestine in the elderly, in the postoperative or postpartum period, while following a diet;
- adjustment of bowel emptying for hemorrhoids, inflammation of the rectum, fissures of the anal and perianal region;
- preparation for surgery;
- studies of the intestine using instrumental or endoscopic means;
- violation of the act of defecation of unknown etiology.
- hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredient or excipients of the drug;
- intestinal obstruction;
- acute inflammatory processes of the abdominal organs;
- pain in the abdomen;
- peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum);
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- uterine bleeding;
- acute and chronic cystitis ;
- constipation accompanied by cramps;
- acute rectal inflammation;
- acute hemorrhoids ;
- violation of water and electrolyte balance.
- polyposis or cancer of the intestine;
- children under 2 years old.
Restrictions on the use of the drug are impaired liver or kidney function, suspected inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract, during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Mode of application
Tablets are taken inside, it is recommended to take before bedtime or half an hour before breakfast.
Children from 2 to 7 years old give 1 tablet one-time, from 8 to 14 - 1-2 tablets; children over 14 years old can take from 1 to 3 tablets depending on the bowel reaction to the medicine.
Before diagnostic procedures or surgery to clean the intestines take 2-4 tablets at night and 2 in the morning.
- intestinal colic;
- irritation or inflammation of the rectum;
- nausea, pain in the abdomen;
- bloating, heavy feeling and flatulence;
- rarely a chair with mucus.
With prolonged use of the drug develops addiction of the intestine to the drug, accompanied by atony, as well as dehydration of the body with electrolyte imbalance.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- Bisacodil is not suitable for long-term treatment of constipation;
- the drug is not recommended to take with nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain;
- during pregnancy, the use of the drug is possible with the rules of caution;
- with caution in functional disorders of the liver and kidneys;
- With the development of bleeding from the anus, the medication should be stopped and referred to a doctor.
Bisacodil has a large number of drugs of similar effect, but structural analogues with the same active ingredient are represented by just a few manufacturers:
- The medicine of the same name Bisacodil in candles is produced by several foreign manufacturers, namely: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals (Poland), Pharmaprim (Republic of Moldova), C. Magistra C & C (Romania). They all have the same dosage form, composition and indications.
- Bisacodil-Altpharm and Bisacodil-Nizhfarm candles, domestic manufacturers Altfarm and Nizhfarm respectively have the same indications and application;
- a similar drug is an Italian representative called Dulcolax. Manufacturer: Instituto De Angeli;
- Laxbene is also available in suppositories and tablets. Manufacturer of the medicinal product: Merckle (Germany).
Terms and conditions of storage
Bisacodil's shelf life is 5 years. The storage place should be outside the reach of children, the humidity should not exceed the norm, the temperature should be 15-25 degrees. Storage must be protected from light. Use after the expiration date is prohibited.
Bisacodyl tablets Price
Bisacodyl tablets 5mg, 30 pcs. - from 15 rubles.