Bisacodyl tablets instructions for use
Bisacodyl is a drug from the group of contact laxatives, the mechanism of action of which is based on the direct action of the drug on the intestinal mucosa.
The main component of the drug is bisacodyl. Is a derivative of diphenylmethane. The action of the drug develops as a result of the action of the substance on the intestinal mucosa receptors, which is manifested by an increase in the secretion of mucus, the acceleration and intensification of the peristalsis of the large intestine.
Emptying of the intestine begins 6-10 hours after taking the drug, which is caused by taking a tablet dosage form. At the onset of the effect, one or two acts of defecation may occur.
Form of issue and composition
Bisacodyl is available in the form of enteric-coated tablets.
- bisacodyl - 5 mg;
- various auxiliary substances.
The medicine refers to laxatives, is made from chemical raw materials, is released in the non-prescription form.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Bisacodyl are:
- constipation, which are caused by hypotension and low peristalsis of the large intestine in the elderly, in the postoperative or postnatal period, while following a diet;
- regulation of emptying of the intestine with hemorrhoids, inflammation of the rectum, cracks in the anal and perianal region;
- preparation for surgical intervention;
- Research of the intestine with the use of instrumental or endoscopic means;
- violation of the act of defecation of unknown etiology.
- hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredient or excipients of the drug;
- intestinal obstruction;
- acute inflammatory processes of the abdominal organs;
- pain in the abdomen;
- peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum);
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- uterine bleeding;
- acute and chronic cystitis ;
- constipation accompanied by spasms;
- acute inflammation of the rectum;
- acute form of hemorrhoids ;
- violation of water-electrolyte balance.
- polyposis or oncological bowel disease;
- children under 2 years.
Restrictions on the use of the drug are violations of liver or kidney function, suspicion of inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract, the period of pregnancy or lactation.
Mode of application
Tablets are taken orally, it is recommended to take it before going to bed or half an hour before breakfast.
Children from 2 to 7 years are given 1 tablet once, from 8 to 14 - 1-2 tablets, children over 14 years of age adults can take from 1 to 3 tablets, depending on the reaction of the intestine to the drug.
Before diagnostic procedures or surgical operations for cleaning the intestine take 2-4 tablets at night and 2 in the morning.
- intestinal colic;
- irritation or inflammation of the rectum;
- nausea, pain in the abdomen;
- bloating, a feeling of heaviness and flatulence;
- rarely a stool with mucus is possible.
With long-term use of the drug, intestinal addiction to the drug, accompanied by atony, and dehydration of the body with violation of electrolyte balance develops.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- Bisacodyl is not suitable for prolonged treatment of constipation;
- the drug is not recommended for use with nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain;
- during pregnancy, the use of the drug is possible with caution;
- with caution in functional disorders of the liver and kidneys;
- with the development of bleeding from the anus, the medication should be stopped and referred to a doctor.
Bisacodyl has a large number of similar drugs, but structural analogues with the same active substance are represented by only a few manufacturers:
- a medicine with the same name Bisacodyl in candles is produced by several foreign producers, namely: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals (Poland), Pharmaprim (Republic of Moldova), C. Magistra C & C (Romania). All of them have the same dosage form, composition and indications.
- Bisakodil-Altfarm and Bisakodil-Nizhpharm candles, domestic firms-producers Altpharm and Nizhpharm, respectively, have the same indications and application;
- a similar drug is an Italian representative named Dulcolax. Manufacturer: Instituto De Angeli;
- Laxbene is also available in suppositories and tablets. The manufacturer of the medicinal product: Merckle (Germany).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life 5 years. The storage location should be out of reach of children, the humidity should not exceed the norm, the temperature should correspond to 15-25 degrees. The storage location must be protected from light. Application after the expiry date is prohibited.
Bisacodyl tablets price
Bisacodyl tablets 5mg, 30 pcs. - from 15 rubles.