Bisacodyl Hemofarm instructions for use
Bisacodyl - Hemofarm (Bisacodyl-Hemofarm) refers to laxative drugs that enhance intestinal peristalsis, and is used to eliminate constipation.
Form of issue and composition
the drug is released in the form of round tablets of yellow color in the sugar intestine-soluble shell.
One tablet contains 5 mg of bisacodyl.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, corn starch, sodium carboxymethyl starch, magnesium stearate, povidone K-25, colloidal silicon dioxide.
The composition of the envelope includes: sucrose, methacrylic acid-methyl methacrylate copolymer (1: 1), macrogol 6000, acacia gum, talc, yellow quinoline dye (E 104), titanium dioxide (E 171).
Tablets are packed in 10 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle of three blisters.
Mechanism of action
Thanks to a special shell, bisacodyl tablets are unchanged in the intestine. The drug is not absorbed through the intestinal wall, but is converted in an alkaline environment into an active form. Metabolite bisakodila has an irritant effect on the intestinal mucosa. Increasing the motor function of the intestine, increasing the secretion of mucus in the large intestine, bisacodyl promotes the evacuation of stool from the body. The laxative effect after taking the tablets inside comes in 6 hours. If the drug is taken before bed, the laxative effect will occur after 8-12 hours.
Indications for use
- constipation associated with a decrease in intestinal tone or sluggish motor function, including in the elderly, as well as postoperative or postpartum periods;
- with hemorrhoids, proctitis, cracks in the anus to regulate stool;
- preparation for medical manipulations: surgical operations, instrumental or roentgenological studies.
- increased sensitivity to bisacodil, allergy or intolerance of the auxiliary components of the tablet (fructose, lactose, sucrose);
- intestinal obstruction;
- infringement of a hernia;
- acute phase of pathological processes of the abdominal cavity;
- unexplained cause of abdominal pain;
- bleeding in the area of the gastrointestinal tract;
- constipation of spastic origin;
- cystitis ;
- uterine bleeding not associated with the menstrual cycle;
- acute hemorrhoids and proctitis;
- children under 3 years.
Dosing and Administration
Bisacodyl tablets are taken orally once a day for 30 minutes before breakfast or before bedtime. Tablets are swallowed whole, not liquid, squeezed with water.
Children over 14 years of age and adults are recommended from 1 to 3 tablets per appointment.
Children from 3 to 7 years are prescribed 1 tablet, and from 8 to 14 years - from 1 to 2 tablets.
Before surgery or medical examinations take 2 tablets at bedtime one day before the planned surgery or research.
- diarrhea, accompanied by a disturbance of water-electrolyte metabolism, dehydration, convulsions, muscle weakness, lowering of blood pressure, dizziness;
- intestinal colic;
- allergic reactions;
- pain in the abdominal cavity.
Bisacodyl should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as with renal or hepatic insufficiency.
When treating chronic constipation, bisacodyl can not be used for more than 10 days in a row. When using the drug, urine and feces can be stained violet.
The combined use of bisacodyl with antacids (Almagel, Maalox, Gastavon, Gaviscon, Phosphalugel), as well as with milk or alkaline mineral waters, is not recommended. This combination leads to premature dissolution of the tablet shell, irritation of the walls of the stomach and duodenum.
Care should be taken when using the drug for those whose activities are related to the management of vehicles or involve hazardous activities, where increased concentration of attention and quick response.
When an overdose occurs, diarrhea, dehydration, deterioration of the water-electrolyte balance, a decrease in the level of potassium in the body, a violation of the normal tone of the large intestine. In case of an overdose, bisacodyl is canceled and symptomatic treatment is performed.
Bisacodyl-Abrichin, Bisacodyl-OBL, Dulcolax, Laxatin, Laxbene.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of "Bisakodil-Hemofarm" tablets is 3 years at a temperature of 15 to 25 0 C.
Keep the drug in a dry and inaccessible place for children.
Do not use the medicinal product after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
The drug is dispensed without a prescription.
Bisacodyl Hemofarm price
Bisacodyl Hemofarm tablets 30 pcs - from 32 rubles.