Bisacodil Hemofarm instructions for use
Bisacodyl-Hemofarm (Bisacodyl-Hemofarm) is a laxative medication that increases intestinal motility, and is used to eliminate constipation.
Release form and composition
the drug is produced in the form of round tablets of yellow color in the enteric sugar coating.
One tablet contains 5 mg of bisacodil.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, corn starch, sodium carboxymethyl starch, magnesium stearate, povidone K-25, colloidal silicon dioxide.
The shell includes: sucrose, a copolymer of methacrylic acid and methyl methacrylate (1: 1), macrogol 6000, acacia gum, talc, yellow quinoline dye (E 104), titanium dioxide (E 171).
The tablets are packaged in 10 pieces in blisters, in a carton of three blisters.
Mechanism of action
Due to the special coating, Bisacodil tablets in unchanged form enter the intestine. The drug is not absorbed through the intestinal wall, and is converted into an active form in an alkaline medium. The bisacodyl metabolite is irritating to the intestinal mucosa. Increasing the motor function of the intestine, increasing the secretion of mucus in the large intestine, Bisacodil promotes the evacuation of feces from the body. The laxative effect after taking the tablets inside comes after 6 hours. If the drug is taken before bedtime, then a laxative effect will occur after 8-12 hours.
Indications for use
- constipation associated with decreased intestinal tone or sluggish motor function, including in the elderly, as well as in the postoperative or postpartum periods;
- with hemorrhoids, proctitis, anal fissures for stool regulation;
- preparation for medical manipulations: surgery, instrumental or radiological examinations.
- hypersensitivity to bisacodyl, allergy or intolerance to the auxiliary components of the tablet (fructose, lactose, sucrose);
- intestinal obstruction;
- incision of hernia;
- the acute phase of the pathological processes of the abdominal organs;
- unexplained cause of abdominal pain;
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract;
- constipation of spastic genesis;
- cystitis ;
- uterine bleeding not related to the menstrual cycle;
- acute hemorrhoids and proctitis;
- children's age up to 3 years.
Dosing and Administration
Bisacodil tablets are taken orally once a day, 30 minutes before breakfast or before bedtime. Tablets are swallowed whole, not liquid, squeezed water.
Children over 14 years old and adults are recommended from 1 to 3 tablets per reception.
Children from 3 to 7 years prescribed 1 tablet, and from 8 to 14 years - from 1 to 2 tablets.
Before surgery or medical examinations, take 2 tablets at bedtime the day before the planned surgery or examination.
- diarrhea, accompanied by a violation of water and electrolyte metabolism, dehydration, seizures, muscle weakness, lowering blood pressure, dizziness;
- intestinal colic;
- allergic reactions;
- abdominal pains.
Bisacodil should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as in renal or hepatic failure.
When treating chronic constipation, Bisacodil cannot be used for more than 10 days in a row. When using the drug, urine and feces may be stained purple.
Combined use of Bisacodil with antacids (Almagel, Maalox, Gastal, Gaviscon, Phosphalugel), as well as with milk or alkaline mineral waters is not recommended. This combination leads to premature dissolution of the shell of the tablet, irritation of the walls of the stomach and duodenum.
Care should be taken when using the drug to those whose activity is related to driving or is associated with dangerous types of work that require increased concentration of attention and speed of reaction.
In case of overdose, diarrhea, dehydration, deterioration of water and electrolyte balance, decrease in the level of potassium in the body, disruption of the normal tone of the large intestine are observed. In case of overdose, Bisacodil is canceled and symptomatic treatment is carried out.
Bisacodil-Akrihin, Bisacodil-OBL, Dulcolax, Laxatin, Laxbene.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of the tablets "Bisacodil-Hemofarm" 3 years at a temperature of from 15 to 25 0 C.
Keep the drug should be in a dry and out of reach of children.
Do not use the drug after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Pharmacy sales terms
The drug is available without a prescription.
Bisacodil Hemofarm price
Hemofarm bisacodyl tablets 30 pcs - from 32 rubles.