Biprol instructions for use
Biprol is a drug from the group of adrenergic blockers, which, due to its antiarrhythmic and hypotensive action, is used to treat hypertension, coronary heart disease and heart failure.
The main components of the drug - bisoprolol. It is a selective (selective) blocker of B1-adrenoreceptors of the heart and has almost no effect on B2 adrenoreceptors.
The pharmacological effects of bisoprolol are due to the blockade of B1-adrenergic receptors, which is accompanied by:
- lack of interaction with them catecholamines (adrenaline and noradrenaline), which causes various chemical reactions occurring in the body, and is manifested by a decrease in the strength of heart contractions (negative inotropic effect);
- a decrease in the concentration of calcium ions in the conducting system is accompanied by a decrease in heart rate (negative chronotropic effect) and conductivity (negative dromotronic effect), as well as automatism (negative bathmotropic effect). These effects are accompanied by blockade of the B1 receptors of the kidneys, which leads to a decrease in renin release and synthesis of angiotensin II. As a result, a decrease in blood pressure occurs, which is used in the treatment of hypertension;
- a decrease in strength and heart rate leads to a decrease in myocardial oxygen demand, with the result that the drug can be used as an antianginal agent for treating ischemic heart disease;
- inhibition of conductivity and automatism forms the antiarrhythmic effect of bisoprolol.
Release form and composition
Biprol is available in the form of tablets with a dosage of 2.5, 5 and 10 mg. Manufacturer of the drug - MAKIZ-PHARMA, Russia.
- bisoprolol fumarate;
- various excipients.
The drug belongs to the selective B1-adrenoblokiruyuschim drugs, is made from chemical raw materials, released strictly on doctor's prescription with a prescription.
Indications for use
- arterial hypertension;
- stable angina with ischemic heart disease;
- the period after a heart attack;
- chronic heart failure.
- hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredient or excipients of the drug;
- decrease in heart rate less than 50 beats per minute;
- weakness of the sinus node;
- atrioventricular and other heart blocks;
- cardiogenic shock;
- heart failure, characterized by acute severe form, not amenable to treatment;
- heart attack in the acute period;
- pressure decrease less than 90 mm;
- pronounced impairment of respiratory function, accompanied by airway obstruction;
- gestation period;
Use of the drug is limited in persons suffering from:
- pulmonary obstructive diseases;
- severe asthma;
- Prinzmetal angina pectoris;
- manifestations of bradycardia, heart block or circulatory disorders in peripheral vessels;
- diabetes mellitus
- thyrotoxic goiter;
- functional hepatic or renal disorders;
- shift of acid-base balance towards acids.
Mode of application
The dose of the drug is chosen depending on the individual perception of the patient and the response to the drug. This process is called titration. Begin treatment with the use of the drug in a dosage of 1.25 with a gradual evenly increasing dose every 2 weeks.
A titration process takes place under constant control of heart rate and blood pressure. If the condition associated with the next increase in the dosage of the drug worsens, it can be corrected by using diuretics or pressure reducing agents from other groups or reduced back.
If an increase in the dose of bisoprolol is accompanied by not very good tolerance or a pronounced decrease in blood pressure, then the increase is carried out once a month.
Taking the drug should not be interrupted abruptly, as serious side effects may develop. When you skip the reception, the next dose is not doubled.
It is recommended to take the drug in the morning, 1 time per day, before breakfast or while eating, drink water.
Therapy with B1-adrenergic blocking drugs is of a long-term nature, the course of treatment is prescribed by a doctor.
Side effects of Biprol are dose-dependent. At excess of doses above recommended therapeutic, strengthening of negative effects is possible:
- central and peripheral nervous system: dizziness, sleep disturbances, asthenia, depression, decreased concentration and attention, mental abilities, emotional instability, disorders of the senses and others;
- on the part of the heart, blood vessels, hematopoietic system: a pronounced decrease in heart rate, tachyarrhythmia, blockade, reduction in blood pressure, vasculitis , reduction in the number of platelets and others;
- digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia, constipation, colon inflammation, thrombotic lesion of the mesenteric artery;
- respiratory system: bronchospasm or laryngeal spasm, cough, shortness of breath, inflammation or infection of the respiratory tract;
- sexual and urinary systems: edema, reduced potency, cystitis , colic;
- skin reactions: rashes, eczema , skin redness, hair loss, dermatitis and others;
- metabolic disorders: increased concentration of liver enzymes, glucose, uric acid, potassium in the blood;
- other negative effects: headache, muscle pain, chest pain, pain in the abdomen, eyes or ears, weight gain.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- Biprol use during pregnancy is possible if the benefit to the mother exceeds the risk to the health of the child. But 2-3 days before birth, the drug is stopped because the risk of serious side effects increases. Otherwise, the child must be under the constant supervision of specialists;
- during breastfeeding, use is possible in the same case as during pregnancy, since bisoprolol is excreted into breast milk. At the same time, careful monitoring of the child’s condition is necessary;
- with a weak and moderate degree of impaired renal and hepatic function, dosage correction is not necessary. In the severe stage, the titration must be carried out very carefully and carefully;
- no adjustment is required for older people;
- the drug is not used in persons younger than 18 years;
- in other serious illnesses, the prescription of the drug has not been studied enough;
- increases the possibility of a negative effect on heart function when taking medications based on amiodarone, verapamil, cardiac glycosides and other cardiac agents;
- the appointment of calcium antagonists contributes to the development of hypotension and disorders of the heart muscle;
- the effectiveness of the drug decreases with the appointment of xanthines and sympathomimetics;
- rifampicin reduces half-life;
- ergotamine increases circulatory disorders of peripheral organs;
- incompatible with some antidepressants.
All analogues Biprol active substance is bisoprolol. Drugs are available in dosages of 2.5, 5, 10 mg. The name of drugs with a dosage of 2.5 mg, as a rule, is supplemented with the word Cor. Bioavailability and effectiveness of the product depends on the quality of the raw materials, the degree of purification and the dosage form. Foreign manufacturers are in great demand, but at the same time they have a higher price than domestic ones.
- Biprol and Biprol Cor, manufacturer: Niche Generics (Ireland);
- Biol, Salutas Pharma (Germany);
- Bisogamma from Worwag Pharma GmbH & Co (Germany) has several manufacturing plants, 2 of which are located in Germany, one in Romania;
- Bisocard, manufacturer: ICN Polfa Rzeszow (Poland);
- Bisomor is also available in ampoule form with a dose of the active substance 50 mg, Edge Pharma Private Limited (India)
- Bisoprolol - LEKSVM, manufacturer: Antibiotice SA (Romania);
- Bisoprolol - Ratiopharm, Merckle (Germany)
- Bisoprolol - Teva, Teva Pharmaceutical Works Private Co.Ltd (Hungary);
- Concor and Concor Cor, Merck KGaA (Germany);
- Korbis, Unichem Laboratories (India);
- Kordinorm and Kordinorm Cor, Catalent Germany Schorndorf GmbH (Germany);
- Coronal, Zentiva as (Slovak Republic);
- Tirez, Alkaloid AD (Republic of Macedonia).
- Aritel and Aritel Kor, Kanonfarma Production CJSC;
- Bisoprolol is a drug with the same active ingredient. It is produced by many domestic manufacturers. These are: North Star, Biocom CJSC, Lekpharm (Republic of Belarus), VERTEX, Atoll LLC, Ozon LLC, Rafarma JSC, Izvarino Pharma LLC; Irbit Chemicalfarm;
- Bisoprolol - OBL, Obolensky - pharmaceutical company;
- Bisoprolol - Lugal, Lugansk HFZ PJSC;
- Bisoprolol - Prana, Pranafarm;
- Bisoprolol - NW, North Star;
- Niperten, KRKA-Rus.
Terms and conditions of storage
Biprol's shelf life is 3 years. Storage should be out of reach of children, the temperature should not exceed 25 degrees. Use after the expiration date is prohibited.
Biprol tablets 5 mg - from 80 to 120 rubles.