Biprol instructions for use
Biprol is a drug from the group of adrenoblockers, which, due to its antiarrhythmic and hypotensive action, is used to treat arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease and heart failure.
The main components of the drug are bisoprolol. It is a selective (selective) blocker of B1-adrenergic receptors of the heart and practically does not affect B2 adrenergic receptors.
The pharmacological effects of bisoprolol are due to the blockade of B1-adrenergic receptors, which is accompanied by:
- lack of interaction with them catecholamines (adrenaline and norepinephrine), which causes various chemical reactions occurring in the body, and is manifested by a decrease in the force of the heart contractions (negative inotropic effect);
- a decrease in the concentration of calcium ions in the conductive system is accompanied by a decrease in the heart rate (negative chronotropic effect) and conduction (negative dromotron effect), as well as automatism (negative butmotropic effect). These effects are accompanied by blockade of the B1 receptors of the kidneys, which leads to a decrease in the release of renin and the synthesis of angiotensin II. As a result, there is a decrease in blood pressure, used in the treatment of hypertension;
- a decrease in the strength and heart rate leads to a decrease in myocardial oxygen demand, as a result of which the drug can be used as an antianginal agent for the treatment of coronary heart disease;
- oppression of conduction and automatism forms antiarrhythmic action of bisoprolol.
Form of issue and composition
Biprol is available in the form of tablets with a dosage of 2.5, 5 and 10 mg. Manufacturer of the drug - MAKIZ-PHARMA, Russia.
- bisoprolol fumarate;
- various auxiliary substances.
The medicine refers to selective B1-adrenergic blocking drugs, is made from chemical raw materials, is released strictly according to the prescription of the doctor if a prescription is available.
Indications for use
- arterial hypertension;
- stable angina in ischemic heart disease;
- period after a heart attack;
- heart failure in chronic form.
- hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredient or excipients of the drug;
- decrease in the heart rate is less than 50 beats per minute;
- the weakness of the sinus node;
- atrioventricular and other heart block;
- shock cardiogenic type;
- heart failure, characterized by acute severe form, not amenable to treatment;
- infarct in acute period;
- pressure drop less than 90 mm;
- marked violations of the respiratory function, accompanied by obstruction of the respiratory tract;
- period of pregnancy;
The use of the drug is limited in persons suffering from:
- pulmonary obstructive diseases;
- severe degree of bronchial asthma;
- angina of Prinzmetal;
- manifestations of bradycardia, heart block or circulatory disorders in peripheral vessels;
- diabetes mellitus,
- thyrotoxic goiter;
- functional hepatic or renal disorders;
- by shifting the acid-base balance towards acids.
Mode of application
The dose of the drug is selected depending on the individual perception of the patient's body and the response to the drug. This process is called titration. Begin treatment with the drug at a dosage of 1.25 with a gradual uniform increase in the dose every 2 weeks.
There is a titration process under the constant control of heart rate and blood pressure. If the condition associated with the next increase in the dosage of the drug worsens, it can be corrected by the use of diuretics or pressure reducing drugs from other groups or back to reduce.
If an increase in the dose of bisoprolol is accompanied by not very good tolerability or a marked decrease in blood pressure, then the increase is carried out once a month.
The drug intake can not be interrupted abruptly, as serious side effects may develop. If you miss a dose, you do not need to double the next dose.
Take the drug is recommended in the morning, 1 time in knocking, before breakfast or while eating, drink with water.
Therapy with B1-blockers is of a long duration, the course of treatment is prescribed by a doctor.
Side effects of Biprol are dose-dependent. When the doses are higher than the recommended therapeutic, it is possible to increase the negative effects:
- central and peripheral nervous system: dizziness, sleep disorders, asthenia, depressive state, decreased concentration and attention, mental abilities, emotional instability, impaired sensory organs, and others;
- from the heart, blood vessels, hematopoiesis system: a marked decrease in the heart rate, tachyarrhythmia, blockade, lowering blood pressure, vasculitis , a decrease in the number of platelets and others;
- the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, loose stool, indigestion, constipation, inflammation of the large intestine, thrombotic lesion of the mesenteric artery;
- respiratory system: bronchial or laryngeal spasm, cough, shortness of breath, inflammation or infection of the respiratory tract;
- genital and urinary systems: edema, decreased potency, cystitis , colic;
- skin reactions: rashes, eczema , redness of the skin, hair loss, dermatitis and others;
- metabolic disorders: increased concentrations of liver enzymes, glucose, uric acid, potassium in the blood;
- other negative effects: headache, muscle, chest pain, abdominal pain, eyes or ears weight gain.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- The use of Biprol during pregnancy is possible if the benefit to the mother is greater than the risk to the child's health. But 2-3 days before delivery, the drug is stopped, as the risk of developing serious side effects increases in the child. Otherwise, the child must be under the constant supervision of specialists;
- when breastfeeding the application is possible in the same case as in pregnancy, since bisoprolol is excreted into breast milk. This requires careful monitoring of the child's condition;
- with a weak and moderate degree of renal and hepatic impairment, correction of dosage is not necessary. In a difficult stage, titration must be carried out very carefully and carefully;
- people in the age of adjustment will not be required;
- The drug is not used in persons under 18 years of age;
- in other serious diseases, the administration of the drug has not been sufficiently investigated;
- the possibility of a negative effect on cardiac function when taking medications based on amiodarone, verapamil, cardiac glycosides and other cardiac agents is increased;
- the appointment of calcium antagonists contributes to the development of hypotension and cardiac muscle disorders;
- the effectiveness of the drug decreases with the appointment of xanthines and sympathomimetics;
- rifampicin decreases half-life;
- ergotamine enhances circulatory disorders of peripheral organs;
- is incompatible with certain antidepressants.
For all Biprol analogues, bisoprolol is the active substance. The drugs are available in a dosage of 2.5, 5, 10 mg. The name of drugs with a dosage of 2.5 mg is usually supplemented with the word Kor. Bioavailability and efficacy of the agent depends on the quality of the raw materials, the degree of purification and the dosage form. Foreign manufacturers are in great demand, but at the same time they have a higher price than domestic ones.
- Biprol and Biprol Cor, manufacturer: Niche Generics (Ireland);
- Biol, Salutas Pharma (Germany);
- Bisogamma from Worwag Pharma GmbH & Co (Germany) has several manufacturing plants, 2 of which are in Germany, one in Romania;
- Bisocard, producer: ICN Polfa Rzeszow (Poland);
- Bisomor is also available in ampoule form with a dose of active substance 50 mg, Edge Pharma Private Limited (India)
- Bisoprolol - LEKSVM, manufacturer: Antibiotice SA (Romania);
- Bisoprolol - Ratiofarm, Merckle (Germany)
- Bisoprolol - Teva, Teva Pharmaceutical Works Private Co.Ltd (Hungary);
- Concor and Concor Cor, Merck KGaA (Germany);
- Corbis, Unichem Laboratories (India);
- Cordinorm and Cordinorm Cor, Catalent Germany Schorndorf GmbH (Germany);
- Coronale, Zentiva as (Slovak Republic);
- Thyrez, Alkaloid AD (Republic of Macedonia).
- Aritel and Aritel Cor, Canonfarma Production CJSC;
- Bisoprolol is a drug with the same active ingredient. It is produced by many domestic producers. These are: North Star, Biokom ZAO, Lekpharm (Republic of Belarus), VERTEKS, Atoll LLC, Ozon LLC, Rafarma ZAO, Izvarino Pharma LLC; Irbit Chemical Plant;
- Bisoprolol - OBL, Obolenskoe - pharmaceutical company;
- Bisoprolol - Lugal, Lugansk HFZ PAO;
- Bisoprolol - Prana, Pranapharm;
- Bisoprolol - SZ, the North Star;
- Niperten, KRKA-Rus.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of Biprol is 3 years. The storage location must be out of reach of children, the temperature should not exceed 25 degrees. Application after the expiry date is prohibited.
Biprol tablets 5 mg - from 80 to 120 rubles.