Bioparox: instructions for use
- Bioparox: instructions for use
The preparation Bioparox is a means for topical treatment of the inflammatory processes of the oropharynx and upper respiratory tract, which has a harmful effect on pathogenic microorganisms and viruses.
Form of preparation and composition
The preparation Bioparoks is available in the form of an aerosol with 2 spray dispensers of transparent and white color in volume of 20 ml in an aluminum can. In this one canister contains about 400 doses of the drug.
The main active substance of the aerosol is fusafungin, as well as auxiliary components and ethanol of 96%.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Aerosol Bioparox is a local antibiotic. The active substance of the drug shows a high therapeutic efficiency in relation to the gram-positive and gram-negative microflora, as well as to some anaerobes and fungi of the genus Candida. The highest therapeutic activity of the drug is observed in the early stages of the disease, that is, literally in the first 2 days, while the inflammatory process is not so launched. When using aerosol for therapeutic purposes, patients noted a decrease in soreness in swallowing, decreased edema of the palatine and pharyngeal tonsils, some improvement in general condition.
Indications for use
This drug is prescribed to patients for the purpose of prevention and treatment of such conditions:
- Acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the ENT organs - as part of a complex therapy for a runny nose of infectious or viral origin, sinusitis, pharyngitis, inflammatory processes of the larynx;
- Laryngotracheitis as part of complex therapy - with timely initiation of therapy with the drug, the active agent of the aerosol significantly reduces the risk of stenosis of the larynx;
- Inflammatory processes of the oral cavity, caused by pathological reproduction and activity of fungi of the genus Candida as part of complex therapy;
- Inflammatory processes of the upper respiratory tract as part of complex treatment - bronchitis , tracheitis;
- Tonsillitis of chronic course during exacerbation of the disease;
- For prophylaxis after surgical removal of palatine tonsils.
Contraindications for use
This aerosol can not be used for treatment if the patient has such conditions:
- Individual intolerance to the constituents of the drug;
- Children's age is less than 3 years, which is caused by a high risk of developing false croup by inhaling the microparticles of the drug inside;
- Bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Patients with a burdened allergological anamnesis, in particular, suffering from atopic dermatitis or frequent bronchial obstruction.
Dosing and Administration
This drug is intended for inhalation through the mouth or nasal cavity. A new bottle needs to be sprayed a couple of times just into the air so that in the future the patient receives the correct single dose.
In the presence of inflammatory processes in the nasal cavity (rhinitis, complicated sinusitis, sinusitis), aerosol spraying is carried out through the nasal cavity, which must first be cleaned of accumulated mucus and crusts. A balloon with a transparent color nozzle is injected first into one nasal passage, closing with the finger of the second one, while spraying 1 time, while deeply inhaling. The mouth must be closed at the same time. The same procedure is done with the second nasal passage.
If it is necessary to treat the inflammatory processes of the oropharynx and upper respiratory tract, the drug is administered through the mouth. For this, the patient puts on the bottle a yellow nozzle. The patient tightly grips the mouthpiece, takes a deep breath and at this moment sprays the medicine. In order for the drug to spread evenly over the mucous membranes of the bronchial trachea after spraying the dose, it is recommended to hold your breath for a couple of seconds.
Nozzles for the cylinder should be thoroughly rinsed with running water after each use, then wipe with a cotton swab dampened with alcohol. The number of sprays a day and the duration of treatment are determined by the doctor, depending on the indication, age, body weight and characteristics of the patient's body.
According to the instructions for the drug, the daily dose for adults and children over 12 years is 4 times a day for 1 spraying of the aerosol. Children spray the drug 1 time 2 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy is not more than a week, if during this period the patient's condition has not improved, then you should repeatedly consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis or the appointment of another medication.
Side effects and overdose
In general, the drug is normally tolerated by patients and only in rare cases is it possible to develop the following side effects:
- Burning and choking in the throat after aerosol spraying;
- Coughing and sneezing;
- Lacrimation and difficulty breathing;
- Bronchospasm in rare cases;
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the oral or nasal cavity.
In case of excessive abuse of aerosol and exceeding the recommended dose, it is possible to develop an overdose with the drug, which is manifested by the following symptoms:
- Nausea, pain in the abdomen;
- Lachrymation and redness of the eyes;
- The appearance of a constant unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth;
- Allergic skin reactions - itching, rashes, hives .
In very rare cases, against the background of drug overdose, the patient may develop angioedema or anaphylaxis. For more than 7 days, this medication can not be used because of the high risk of developing superinfection.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
In medicine, there is no reliable information on the safety of the active ingredient in relation to the fetus. During the waiting period for a child, a woman is not recommended to use this medication for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes. Although in small doses, but the drug still gets into the common bloodstream, and then through the placenta to the fetus. Contained in aerosol ethanol 96% can lead to a delay in the mental development of the fetus in the womb and various anomalies. Gynecologists always try to find a future mother with an alternative local drug that will not be dangerous for the development of the child and the further course of pregnancy.
During lactation, the drug can be used only under the supervision of a doctor and by the presence of serious indications. In some cases, the temporary discontinuation of breastfeeding should be addressed.
Storage and dispensing conditions
Aerosol Bioparox is dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription. The container with the drug should be stored out of reach of children at a temperature of not more than 25 degrees. It is very important to avoid getting direct sunlight on the can. Do not heat or puncture the cylinder because of the high risk of explosion! Shelf life of the drug is 2 years, before each spraying, the can is recommended to be shaken vigorously.
There are no analogues of Bioparox at the moment.
A similar but less pronounced antiseptic effect is provided by the following drugs: Hexoral, Isofra, Pharyngosept, Tantum Verde, Chlorophyllipt, Grammidine.
These drugs are cheaper and do not contain antibiotics. In addition, not all of them are produced in the form of a spray. Therefore, close analogs can not be called.
The range of aerosol prices Bioparox in pharmacies - 418-550 rubles.