Bioparox: instructions for use
- Bioparox: instructions for use
Bioparox is a drug for the local treatment of inflammatory processes of the oropharynx and upper respiratory tract, which has a detrimental effect on pathogenic microorganisms and viruses.
Release form drug and composition
Bioparox is produced in the form of an aerosol with 2 transparent and white dispensing dispensers with a volume of 20 ml in an aluminum can. In this one canister contains about 400 doses of the drug.
The main active ingredient of the aerosol is fusafungin, as well as auxiliary components and ethanol 96%.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
Bioparox aerosol is a local antibiotic. The active ingredient of the drug shows a high therapeutic efficacy in relation to gram-positive and gram-negative microflora, as well as to some anaerobes and fungi of the genus Candida. The highest therapeutic activity of the drug is observed in the early stages of the disease, that is, literally in the first 2 days, while the inflammatory process is not yet so started. When using the aerosol for medicinal purposes, patients noted a decrease in pain when swallowing, a decrease in the edema of the palatine and pharyngeal tonsils, some improvement in the general condition.
Indications for use
This drug is prescribed to patients for the prevention and treatment of such conditions:
- Acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract - as part of complex therapy for the common cold of infectious or viral origin, sinusitis, pharyngitis, inflammatory processes of the larynx;
- Laryngotracheitis as part of complex therapy - with the timely start of drug therapy, the active active ingredient of the aerosol significantly reduces the risk of laryngeal stenosis;
- Inflammatory processes of the oral cavity, due to abnormal reproduction and activity of Candida fungi as part of complex therapy;
- Inflammatory processes of the upper respiratory tract as part of complex treatment - bronchitis , tracheitis;
- Tonsillitis chronic course during the exacerbation of the disease;
- In order to prevent after surgical removal of the tonsils.
This aerosol cannot be used for treatment in the presence of such conditions in a patient:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Children under 3 years of age, due to the high risk of developing false croup when the microparticles of the drug are inhaled;
- Bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Patients with a history of allergic history, in particular, those suffering from atopic dermatitis or frequent bronchial obstruction.
Dosage and administration
This drug is intended for inhalation through the mouth or nasal cavity. A new bottle must be sprayed a couple of times simply into the air, so that in the future the patient will receive the correct single dose.
In the presence of inflammatory processes in the nasal cavity (rhinitis, complicated sinusitis, sinusitis) aerosol spraying is carried out through the nasal cavity, which must first be cleaned of accumulated mucus and crusts. A cylinder with a transparent nozzle is first introduced into one nasal passage, closing the second with a finger while spraying it once, while inhaling deeply. The mouth must be closed. The same procedure is done with the second nasal passage.
If necessary, the treatment of inflammatory processes of the oropharynx and upper respiratory tract administration of the drug is carried out through the mouth. For this, the patient puts a yellow cap on the vial. The patient squeezes the cap tightly with his lips, takes a deep breath and at this moment sprays the medicine. In order to evenly distribute the drug to the mucous membranes of the trachea of the bronchi, after spraying the dose, it is recommended to hold your breath for a couple of seconds.
The nozzles for the cylinder must be thoroughly rinsed with running water after each use, and then wiped with a cotton swab moistened with alcohol. The number of sprays of the drug per day and the duration of the course of treatment is determined by the doctor, depending on the evidence, age, body weight and the characteristics of the patient.
According to the instructions for the preparation, the daily dose for adults and children over 12 years of age is 4 times a day for 1 spray of aerosol. Children spray the drug 1 press 2 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy is no more than a week, if during this period the patient's condition has not improved, you should re-consult a doctor for a more accurate diagnosis or prescription of another drug.
Side Effects and Overdose
In general, the drug is normally tolerated by patients and only in rare cases may the following side effects develop:
- Burning and sore throat after aerosol spraying;
- Coughing and sneezing;
- Tearing and difficulty breathing;
- Bronchospasm in rare cases;
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the mouth or nasal cavity.
With excessive abuse of the aerosol and exceeding the recommended dose may develop an overdose of the drug, which is manifested by the following symptoms:
- Nausea, abdominal pain;
- Tearing and redness of the eyes;
- The appearance of a permanent unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- Allergic skin reactions - itching, rash, hives .
In very rare cases, the patient may develop angioedema or anaphylaxis due to an overdose of the drug. This drug cannot be used for more than 7 days due to the high risk of developing superinfection.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding
In medicine, there is no reliable information about the safety of the active active ingredient in relation to the fetus. While the child is waiting, the woman is not recommended to use this remedy for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes. Although in small doses, the drug still gets into the general bloodstream, and then through the placenta to the fetus. 96% ethanol contained in an aerosol can lead to a delay in mental development of the fetus in the womb and various abnormalities. Gynecologists are always trying to choose an alternative local drug for the expectant mother, which will not be dangerous for the development of the child and the further course of pregnancy.
During lactation, this drug can be used only under the supervision of a physician and by the presence of serious indications. In some cases, it is necessary to decide on the temporary cessation of breastfeeding.
Conditions of storage and release of the drug
Aerosol Bioparox dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription. Spray with the drug should be stored out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. It is very important to avoid direct sunlight on the can. It is prohibited to heat or pierce a used cylinder due to the high risk of explosion! Shelf life of the drug is 2 years, before each spray spray is recommended to shake vigorously.
Analogues of Bioparox at the moment does not exist.
The following drugs have a similar but less pronounced antiseptic effect: Hexoral, Isofra, Faringosept, Tantum Verde, Chlorophyllipt, Grammidin.
These drugs are cheaper and do not contain antibiotics. In addition, not all of them are available in spray form. Therefore, they cannot be called close analogues.
The price range of bioparox aerosol in pharmacies is 418-550 rubles.