Binafin cream application instructions
Binafin cream is a drug with a broad spectrum of antifungal and fungicidal action, used to treat various mycoses and candidiasis.
Binafin is a terbinafine-based drug. It has antifungal effect on all types of fungi that affect the skin and nails: dermatophytes, yeast and mold fungal flora. The action develops due to the defeat of the membranes of fungal cells and a decrease in the synthesis of substances involved in their formation. The greatest activity is in relation to the red trihofiton and yeast-like fungal representatives.
With the defeat of the nails on the hands, the effectiveness of treatment reaches 95%, onychomycosis of the hands, the effectiveness of treatment is 95%, with the defeat of the nails, the feet are more than 90%. The drug is highly effective in the treatment of:
- mold lesions;
- athlete's disease;
- multiple nail lesions.
In the form of cream, Binafin is applied topically and is prescribed for:
- interdigital fungus of feet and hands;
- skin rubromycosis;
- multi-colored lichen.
The remission period in the chronic form of dermofitii is observed in at least 75%. With the treatment of progressive candidiasis, accompanied by the spread of the process on the interdigital folds, vulvovaginitis and inflammation of the nail roller caused by Candida fungi, an improvement is observed after 3-4 days.
Release form and composition
Binafin cream comes in the form of a cream applied externally. The amount of the drug in a tube is 10, 15 and 30 g. The cream is homogeneous in structure and has a white color.
The manufacturer of the drug is Shreya Life Sciences, India.
- terbinafine - 10 mg in 1 g;
- cream base.
The drug belongs to the antifungal group, is made from chemical raw materials, tablets are dispensed according to the prescription of the doctor, the cream is subject to non-prescription.
Indications for use
- fungal infections of the skin by representatives of the genus Trihofiton and Epidermofiton;
- yeast fungal skin lesions;
- varicolor versicolor .
Binafin is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or other components of the drug;
- persons suffering from severe liver or renal failure;
- with severe metabolic disorders;
- in case of blood diseases;
- in the presence of tumors;
- with vascular pathologies;
- pregnant and lactating;
- children under 12 years old.
Mode of application
The course of treatment and application features depend on the nature of the fungal lesion.
The cream is applied 1-2 times a day with a thin layer. Before using the affected areas, it is desirable to steam out and remove excess skin and scales that form during peeling. It is necessary to apply the cream not only on the affected areas, but also on the adjacent tissue, while rubbing it slightly. If the lesion occurs in areas prone to diaper rash (under the breast, in the groin, between the fingers or buttocks), at night the affected area can be protected with a gauze napkin.
The duration of treatment for ringworm is 1 week, with candidal lesion and color lichen - 2 weeks.
Symptom reduction is usually observed at the beginning of treatment. At the termination of therapy, recurrence of a disease is possible. If after 2 weeks improvement does not occur, it is necessary to consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis.
When using the drug by the elderly, the dose adjustment of the drug is not required.
There is no experience of use in children under 12 years, and therefore do not use the drug in this age group.
The negative impact of binafin is very rare. Possible:
- on the part of the digestive system; heaviness and pain in the abdomen, taste disturbance, loss of appetite, loose stools;
- from the hepatobiliary system: cholestasis;
- on the part of the blood system: neutropenia, thrombocytopenia;
- hypersensitivity reactions: burning, redness, itching in the area of application.
Special instructions and drug interactions
- Apply the cream with caution to avoid contact with eyes;
- no topical drug interactions were observed.
Analogs cream Binafin
The group of antifungal agents based on terbinafine is represented by a wide range of foreign and domestic production.
- Lamisil is the most popular drug terbinafine. It is widely used in all dosage forms: cream, gel, spray, tablets and solution for a single application. It features high quality and durability of the effect. Manufacturer: Novartis Consumer Health (Switzerland);
- Atifin cream is produced in Slovenia, by the company KRKA;
- Miconorm also has a medicinal form only in the form of a cream, manufacturer: Rusan Pharma (India);
- Tebikur comes in the form of cream and pills. Manufacturer: Nobelfarma Ilac Sanayii ve Ticaret AS (Turkey);
- Terbized-Agio Cream, Agio Pharmaceuticals (India);
- Terbizil cream and tablets, Gedeon Richter (Hungary);
- Terbinoks cream and tablets, Unique Pharmaceutical Laboratories (a division of JBChemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.) (India);
- Terbifin has 3 dosage forms: cream, spray, tablets. Produced in India; Manufacturer: Cipla Ltd;
- Ungusan Cream, Tallinn Pharmaceutical Plant (Estonia);
- Exzifin in the form of cream and tablets is also quite in demand, thanks to the average price policy and quality, Reddy´s Laboratories Ltd. (India).
- Fungerbin made in the form of cream, spray and pills. Drug manufacturer: NIZHFARM;
- Thermikon has 3 forms: cream, spray, tablets. Producer: Pharmstandard-October;
- Terbix Cream and Spray, Altaivitamins;
- Terbinafine cream is produced by several manufacturers: Biosintez OAO; VERTEX; Belmedpreparaty RUP (Republic of Belarus);
- Exiter cream and tablets are produced by the domestic manufacturer Ozon LLC.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life 3 years. The storage place should be out of reach of children, the temperature range should be from 2 to 30 degrees. Use after the expiration date is prohibited.
Binafin cream Price
Binafin cream 1% 10g - from 240 rubles.